E&O Kitchen and Bar
314 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AsianPrice: $30 and under
E&O Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eosanfrancisco.com/
- Phone: (415) 693-0303
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Sharon Nahm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Claudie Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Introducing Blushing Geisha Wednesdays!
Ladies Night (for Ladies and the Men Who Love Them)
Every Wednesday Starting at 6:00 pm
Groove to the music from a live DJ while enjoying bubbles,
handcrafted cocktails and delectable bites for just $6 each!
- Special Events: Want to plan an event in our gorgeous new space?
Please contact Claudie Newman at email@example.com
With the unique combination of stunning décor, authentic
atmosphere and innovative cuisine, a private event at E&O Asian
Kitchen transports you to an exotic “cook’s tour” of modern Asia.
Weaving the flavors of Asia into our cuisine along with unique
and lively settings, E&O Asian Kitchen brings individuality and
finesse to our events.
A word from E&O Kitchen and Bar
E&O Kitchen and Bar is a Modern Asian oasis. The restaurant’s unique space features high ceilings adorned by a dramatic bar display and stunning decor. The mezzanine level overlooks the main dining room and offers unique areas for dining and private events. The selection of beautifully crafted dishes and drinks served in the bustling bar, lounge or sweeping dining room provides guests with a memorable San Francisco experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
E&O Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
E&O Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)good for groups (61)special occasion (34)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (25)romantic (19)late-night find (14)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/25/2014A very large and glamorous space yields asian fusion cuisine of all sorts (Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese) that is tasty but not unlike what you can get at other restaurants for a lot less money. Add lackluster service and a general feeling of indifference to the mix and I don't understand why this would be a destination restaurant. Went for lunch with friends and ordered the lunch special served family style. Since there were 3 of us and the menu had 3 choices for each course we ordered everything. The waiter forgot the 3rd dish of the first course and when we asked him about it brought it told us "don't worry there will be plenty of food" brought it out later and it was cold! It was just a mistake. Why couldn't he just say that instead of giving us a lecture. The rest of the courses were just OK. Too bad. a beautiful space and so much potential. I won't go back.
- ptetty hoofCochiseVIPDined on 11/22/2014Was shopping with friends and we wanted to eat Asian good. Creative and fin. The corn fritters were outstanding. Very convient to Union SqSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Must try this restaurant if you're in SF. Great place in a nice location and very good food/service. We were there on a Sunday and it was very quiet, only about 5 other tables. It was had not to order more things to try!Special Features:
- go for the bar bitesMickeyEDined on 11/6/2014the happy hour bar bites are delicious...a couple of platters and some add-ons, and our group of 4 was stuffed for about $50 in food, and reasonably priced drinks at happy hour too! Good service, attractive decor, all around lovely time.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant asiatiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Le service est courtois et rapide. Tous les mets sont délicieux et raffinés. Ça vaut la peine de commander plusieurs plats à partager. Belle atmosphère. Nous y retournerions sans hésitation pour essayer d'autres plats délicieux.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian with a twisttcbfastVIPDined on 11/1/2014E&O serves asian food with a twist, You have probably hear a lot about "fusion" food, but this one does it right. Foods from China, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand etc are all brought together in some excellent dishes. The Satays are fantastic and the Miso peanut sauce was absolutely delicious. Our Pad Thai dish with the melt-in-your mouth rice noodles was also excellent. Throw in super friendly service and you will have a great, casual or dressy dining experience. right off Union Square!Special Features:
- Everything was DeliciousPlanetRVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tried corn fritters, short rib sliders, calamari, squash dumplings all outstanding. The satay platter, cod, and skirt steak entrees were all amazing. Service was top notch. A great dining experience.
- Great to shareColoradoHkyMomDined on 10/25/2014Our waiter was outstanding, he explained a lot about the menu, made suggestions, and always informed us what was coming next, and where he would place it on the table. We had the Indonesian corn fritters, they were outstanding. We ordered items to share and had a wonderful, tasty meal.Special Features:
- Fun Asian FusionHeidibellDined on 10/23/2014Fun, trendy atmosphere with an Asian fusion menu. While we did get a reservation the same day, there was a wait for those without one. Had the drunken noodles which had a nice smokey flavor. My dinner companion had the chicken spring rolls and Na'an with 2 excellent dipping sauces. It's obvious they use fresh ingredients and make their sauces from scratch. The lighting is too dim - we and the table next to us had to use our iphones to read the menu but I guess that is part of the atmosphere. A good place for a nice dinner without breaking the bank and a step up from the traditional Thai place. Will recommend to others!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseMontrealguestDined on 10/23/2014very good food and service. We were even given ginger cookies ( very good btw) to take home. We loved our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the best SF fusion tapasGuenevereVIPDined on 10/20/2014Corn fritters, portobellos satay, tofu medley lettuce wraps.... Many vegan/veg options as well as creative meats and seafood. The open kitchen concept is exciting with leaping flames and precision plating. The service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever changing menuritusmartVIPDined on 10/18/2014I like the dynamic menu at this place, the reason why I always come back. Not so awesome my last visit in particular, rest of time it's fine.Special Features:
- Not disappointed!alaynerjDined on 10/18/2014My sister and I took our mom to San Francisco and this was our first dinner out and we loved it! The atmosphere was great...nice ambiance, crowd, and the menu was varied! We enjoyed a bottle of the Pratsch, and dinner consisted of the chicken lettuce cups, steak satay, butternut squash dumplings, crispy chicken spring rolls, and the dry fried green beans. Everything was wonderful and perfectly cooked...but our favorites were the squash dumplings and the chicken lettuce cups...they were perfectly flavorful! If we lived in San Francisco, we would definitely be back for another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had plates to share and it was great!! Able to try a few things on the menu. The yuzu margarita was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBOWDined on 10/15/2014The food was great and had enough options for vegetarian friend - we will definitely come back!!Special Features:
- Great spot!ZachDined on 10/12/2014Beautiful restaurant with great food. We had a group of 8 and the food came quickly and our waitstaff was very attentive. I would recommend the butternut squash dumplings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at E&OUnimpressedDined on 10/11/2014My wife and our family celebrated at E&O on a Saturday night. We made reservations ahead of time and had no trouble. Our waiter was accommodating and professional. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, paced poorlylaughatlantisDined on 10/11/2014My husband & I had a really nice meal at E&O Asian Kitchen, but it was marred in a couple of ways. We ordered a large array of appetizers and sides plus one entree, all to share (this is fairly normal given the way that the menu at E&O is structured - it's somewhat tapas-y in its approach, and is great for groups in that respect). With that said, the food did not come in a well paced manner and the pairings that were brought to us were somewhat odd - we expected the Papaya/Cucumber Salad as a refresher after one of the meat dishes but it came first; there was a long gap with no food and then lots of food came; the corn fritters arrived last. The food was tasty but oddly paced and our waiter was lackluster, marring the experience.Special Features:
- james4Dined on 10/6/2014All was great - food, service, ambiance. All was as we imagined it would be. Great combo of Western and SE Asian cooking.Special Features:
- Delightful dinnerLv2eatVIPDined on 10/4/2014Celebrated our anniversary dinner and tried not to order too much food since we were sharing each dish! Started with the edamame which was a nice portion size and perfectly seasoned with the furikake. Then onto the melon salad special which had 4-5 kinds of fruit perfectly ripened and topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, a really nice textural mix and lightly seasoned. Then, the drunken noodles and to top it all off the mango pana cotta. Each dish came out at the appropriate time and the service was excellent. Also, don't forget to try the strawberry soda, it has some lemon in it and will surprise you with its refreshing flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would pick somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was decent but not great. Service pretty poor. I don't think they had enough waiters/bar staff working which is pretty bad for 8PM on a Saturday. Would definitely choose somewhere else next time.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.DoctorVIPDined on 9/20/2014We chose E and O Asian Kitchen after reading reviews on Open Table. The food was terrific, especially the coconut milk ceviche, which was fabulous. Service was friendly, fast and efficient. Would go again if visiting SF.Special Features:
- French service would be appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Grand restaurant qui accueille des touristes, gagnerait à avoir un menu en françaisSpecial Features:
- Terrible. Never again.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was salty. Waiter forgot my entree. Waited 45 minutes. Just terrible service and terrible food. Quite upsetting. Expensive as well.
- Food great as expectedmargeaDined on 9/9/2014Not sure what was happening. Maybe our server was busy somewhere else but the service was not as good as in our previous visits. It took a long time for our food to get to us. After we were done, one of us decided to order some dishes for take out. When the dishes came, they served them on the table when it was obvious that we were done. It felt like the served was not focused. I love E&O and I regularly have meals there. When I have visitors from out of town, I being them there. I certainly hope that this was not the dorm.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceJenniferVIPDined on 9/4/2014Loved everything we ordered. Time between sitting and water, between water and ordering, between ordering and bringing, between bringing and taking away, between taking away and getting check, between getting check and taking credit card, and between taking credit card and bringing it back for signature -- each "between" was too long. That said, our server was very attentive when he was present, and his advice on ordering to accommodate a food allergy was excellent.Special Features:
- Great experienceTrishDined on 8/31/2014My mother and I actually flew into San Fran to eat at this restaurant for my birthday. I love the food. (but I miss the former decor--I haven't been here in 3 years). Service was great too!Special Features:
- E&O Dinnergporter89Dined on 8/30/2014Had a really enjoyable dinner here with 3 friends. We ate early so it was quiet - it would probably have a higher noise level later in the evening. Food and service were all great! The only thing that could have been better was the A/C. I sat against the left wall and it was blowing hard and very cold. I had to put my jacket over my shoulders. The people at the table next to us said they moved from our table for that reason. The restaurant needs to get that fixed. Otherwise a great experience! I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- I LOVE THIS PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2014ALWAYS GREAT FOOD. It always surprises people ... reliable, yummy and if you've traveled to this part of the world, it will bring back fond food memories. Also, if you need a good food-to-parking ratio, this tops all (snuggled in with the Sutter/Stockton Parking Garaga)Special Features:
- A wonderful place for groupsEWThoughtsVIPDined on 8/21/2014A good place for groups to sample multiple menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialAKDKDined on 8/15/2014Food was ok, not too much too chose from, high price for what you get.
- Fabulous modern AsianMonikaDined on 8/8/2014We had a truly outstanding meal here. The setting is gorgeous, the service was super friendly and attentive and the good was so stinkin' good. Our picky 8 year old devoured the Indonesian fried rice. I loved the tea smoked eggs and cuke papaya salad. Oh and the eggplant! Drinks were great as well. We will go back the next time we are in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theater dinnerjulietsfDined on 8/8/2014A friend and I had dinner here before heading to a nearby theater. We had the special soft-shell crab (excellent), chicken lettuce cups (too salty for my taste but still good), and papaya salad (not complex in flavors but a good, tart complement to the other dishes). We sat upstairs and had a nice view of the entire restaurant. Service was attentive and nicely paced. I definitely recommend eating here for lunch or dinner if you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just "ok"JR322VIPDined on 8/8/2014The high light of the meal was the roasted green beans. The restaurant suffers from what I'll call Jack-in-the-Box-itus: everything looks and sounds better than it actually is. Too bad since I really wanted to like this place. I especially like the downstairs area. Not that any of the food was bad - just lacked anything special.
- Very poor version of Asian fusionMendismanDined on 8/3/2014Good quality was extremely poor. I would not recommend this place at all. I can't understand how places like this stay in business.
- A great experienceVlo75Dined on 8/3/2014We have been in this restaurant 12 years ago. Nothing has changed and this restaurant has good asian meals with good products. The ambience is quiet, which we really appreciates.Special Features:
- good foodsanfran123Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good and the restaurant nice, although louder than I would have liked. The server was slightly cool towards us which slightly dampened the evening. Overall we had a good meal at what felt like a smart, classy restaurant. (The cocktails are very good.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect !!!dbellaiche68Dined on 7/31/2014We passed a very good moment with particular very good services and very good food. I advise this restaurant for diner with your family.Special Features:
- The following 1318 reviews are from the E&O Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- Foodie360Foodie360Dined on 7/26/2014Great happy hour prices...Decor very NYC...!!....Waitstaff very friendly and attentive .......food was tasteful....will visit again soon...Special Features:
- Eclectic AsianTRVEVIPDined on 7/22/2014Wide ranging menu selection covering many types of Asian cuisine (and doing a great job at each one). Service was impeccable and waiters were knowledgeable. Decor very modern but not overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.