E&O Asian Kitchen
314 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AsianPrice: $30 and under
E&O Asian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eosanfrancisco.com/
- Phone: 4156930303x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am -10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Sharon Nahm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Claudie Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Introducing Blushing Geisha Wednesdays!
Ladies Night (for Ladies and the Men Who Love Them)
Every Wednesday Starting at 6:00 pm
Groove to the music from a live DJ while enjoying bubbles,
handcrafted cocktails and delectable bites for just $6 each!
- Special Events: Want to plan an event in our gorgeous new space?
Please contact Claudie Newman at email@example.com
With the unique combination of stunning décor, authentic
atmosphere and innovative cuisine, a private event at E&O Asian
Kitchen transports you to an exotic “cook’s tour” of modern Asia.
Weaving the flavors of Asia into our cuisine along with unique
and lively settings, E&O Asian Kitchen brings individuality and
finesse to our events.
A word from E&O Asian Kitchen
E&O Asian Kitchen is a Modern Asian oasis. The restaurant’s unique space features high ceilings adorned by a dramatic bar display and stunning decor. The mezzanine level overlooks the main dining room and offers unique areas for dining and private events. The selection of beautifully crafted dishes and drinks served in the bustling bar, lounge or sweeping dining room provides guests with a memorable San Francisco experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
E&O Asian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
E&O Asian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)good for groups (54)great for lunch (42)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (37)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (25)late-night find (12)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A wonderful place for groupsEWThoughtsDined on 8/21/2014A good place for groups to sample multiple menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialAKDKDined on 8/15/2014Food was ok, not too much too chose from, high price for what you get.
- Fabulous modern AsianMonikaDined on 8/8/2014We had a truly outstanding meal here. The setting is gorgeous, the service was super friendly and attentive and the good was so stinkin' good. Our picky 8 year old devoured the Indonesian fried rice. I loved the tea smoked eggs and cuke papaya salad. Oh and the eggplant! Drinks were great as well. We will go back the next time we are in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theater dinnerjulietsfDined on 8/8/2014A friend and I had dinner here before heading to a nearby theater. We had the special soft-shell crab (excellent), chicken lettuce cups (too salty for my taste but still good), and papaya salad (not complex in flavors but a good, tart complement to the other dishes). We sat upstairs and had a nice view of the entire restaurant. Service was attentive and nicely paced. I definitely recommend eating here for lunch or dinner if you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just "ok"JR322VIPDined on 8/8/2014The high light of the meal was the roasted green beans. The restaurant suffers from what I'll call Jack-in-the-Box-itus: everything looks and sounds better than it actually is. Too bad since I really wanted to like this place. I especially like the downstairs area. Not that any of the food was bad - just lacked anything special.
- Very poor version of Asian fusionMendismanDined on 8/3/2014Good quality was extremely poor. I would not recommend this place at all. I can't understand how places like this stay in business.
- A great experienceVlo75Dined on 8/3/2014We have been in this restaurant 12 years ago. Nothing has changed and this restaurant has good asian meals with good products. The ambience is quiet, which we really appreciates.Special Features:
- good foodsanfran123Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good and the restaurant nice, although louder than I would have liked. The server was slightly cool towards us which slightly dampened the evening. Overall we had a good meal at what felt like a smart, classy restaurant. (The cocktails are very good.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect !!!dbellaiche68Dined on 7/31/2014We passed a very good moment with particular very good services and very good food. I advise this restaurant for diner with your family.Special Features:
- Foodie360Foodie360Dined on 7/26/2014Great happy hour prices...Decor very NYC...!!....Waitstaff very friendly and attentive .......food was tasteful....will visit again soon...Special Features:
- Eclectic AsianTRVEVIPDined on 7/22/2014Wide ranging menu selection covering many types of Asian cuisine (and doing a great job at each one). Service was impeccable and waiters were knowledgeable. Decor very modern but not overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmm!CynthiaDined on 7/22/2014Overall we enjoyed our dining experience a lot. The spicy pork sandwich was almost perfect...the vegetable mixture had the wonderful complexity of the best Vietnamese spice mixture and was a perfect tart foil to the spicy pork, simply needed more of them to make the sandwich perfect. Friends enjoyed the build your own sate plate but the shrimp salad with fruit was a total miss. Strange flavor combo and not enjoyable at all. Would definitely go back to try other dishes and have the pork sandwich again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaysacrobinVIPDined on 7/16/2014We dined here several years ago and enjoyed it, so we revisited since we were at a nearby hotel. We remember it being better. The decor is still clean and modern, and the service was fine though a tad slow on taking orders but rushed on clearing dishes (two different people doing each task). We enjoyed a promising start with the excellent prawn salad--fresh, light, perfectly prepared--and the tamarind and hoisin spareribs were good. However, the flatiron steak and the Indonesian fried rice were so-so. The rice was very salty, and the steak was rather chewy. Dessert provided a nice finish--trio of unique sorbets. All in all, the meal was okay, but in a city with so many incredible restaurants, E & O was a bit of a disappointment.
- GreatouttolunchVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great lunch spot. Love the family style menu- makes for a fun business lunch.Special Features:
- FuntoeatoutDined on 7/11/2014Food was excellent with five star service. Loved the cocktail drinks, unique flavor combinations! Our waitress was attentive as was the bus person. The waitress also made excellent after dinner bar recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food/good valueYummmVIPDined on 7/9/2014We went for before theatre dining and it was perfect. Our waitress gave us excellent suggestions. The food was interesting, well prepared. We will definitely return. The halibut ceviche and the butternut squash dumplings are haunting.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014I liked the look of the bar, and the happy hour menu was great.Special Features:
- So easy to do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/5/2014Decent bar and then it all goes down hill. Mediocre service and a menu that's a little of this a little of that and who cares.Special Features:
- Too bad about the waiterJustdarDined on 7/3/2014The food was sensational and the decor and ambiance was lovely, but our server was so inattentive that the evening was a disappointment. Once he took our order we were largely ignored. We didn't receive our second drink order until our food was just about gone and only because we asked another waiter if ours had left. He brought us dessert menus and twenty minutes later had not come back to see if we wanted to order anything. By that time we decided we'd get a treat somewhere else. It was a celebratory dinner that left us feeling a little less celebratory. We will be back, but we'll be on the lookout for this server and avoid him. Incidentally, we noticed a few other tables had the same issue and it wasn't that busy.Special Features:
- CPAFoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Asian style Tapas - Good place. The remodel really helped the noise levelSpecial Features:
- A Disappointing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014I usually really like E&O, but this visit was a bit disappointing. The good thing is we had a lovely table upstairs overlooking Sutter street. It was a beautiful day, so that was lovely. And it was a lot quieter upstairs. Our waiter appeared disinterested and disengaged. He apparently was too busy to really want to take care of us (and the upstairs was practically empty). At one point I found a fly floating in my wine, and he never came over to apologize or to see how I was doing. Another waiter handled the situation. And the food was nothing special. Except for the service, which was a 2, the experience was a solid 3.Special Features:
- greatkosketch22Dined on 6/25/2014specialty cocktails here are fantastic. food is tasty and service is really good. It was a lot louder than I expected but judging by the ambiance I think it was an anomaly.Special Features:
- OFF NITE???...tellitlikeitisDined on 6/23/2014Was eager to try-Jeremy answered ph ea time I had to push back time for reservation he was super cordial & Nice-not knowing how much time we had w daughter in town for intense wk project with ltd time for a meal we were concerned about losing our table for 3-he said this evening should be no problem-Finally arv Jeremy ws not at front to greet-once seated Jeremy appeared at our table w one of E&O'S sig appetizers NC...Thnx Jeremy! Fm that point on ea dish we ordered was Terrible - Bland-Tasteless...server checked often...ea time asking if we liked the food...she checked way too often as if she knew food was awful & was expecting us to complain...we wont be back - highlite ws Jeremy....expected Great Food...NOT!
- Food4lifeDined on 6/21/2014I would not recommend because the food was not consistent on my second visit. The shaking beef was full of fat and hard to chew. Some pieces were cooked and others were rare.
- Pad Thai and Butternut DumplingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014These dishes were amazing! The decor of the restaurant could be a little more modern, but overall great dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceDiningFor1Dined on 6/14/2014I found the service to be excellent - very attentive, gave great knowledgeable advise regarding tasty food choices and what selections were suitable for 1 person. Despite the fact that I dined alone the staff made me feel comfortable where I felt relaxed and enjoyed a fantastic meal. Would certainly return to this restaurant and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but UnexcitingTravelerDined on 6/12/2014I choose Calamari and Drunken Noodles from the Dine About Town menu. Both dishes were OK, but unexciting. I've had better, tastier preparations elsewhere.
- new E and O KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014Makeover with new decor is successful. Spicing is intense. They should use real kim chee and not just the flavoring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRRajDined on 6/10/2014Very interesting menu! Great small plates that fill you up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine about townteofeatherladyDined on 6/8/2014We visited because of Dine about town. Mission accomplished. That got us in and we will definitely return. Of us shared everything on the special menu and liked everything. Family style for sure as we left with 4 to go boxes to be enjoyed later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was "eh."MjbaikDined on 6/7/2014Ambiance was ok but food wasn't very flavorful. We had Shaking Beef, Squash Dumpling, Korean Beef - all very bland. Kimchi/Pork Pot Stickers were good.
- Always a good choiceTrishDined on 6/7/2014We eat here at least three or four times a year. We often bring out-of-town visitors who are interested in experiencing an example of Asian fusion food.Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceAsianbombfoodDined on 6/5/2014We dined as a group of four. Everything from service to food to drinks was good. Mushroom dumplings are kind of a must. It was crowded at the bar and all the tables were taken, so it not just me the whole lot of other people think the same about this place. Check it out.Special Features:
- our recent lunch ExperiencenormalDined on 6/4/2014After taking our foodie friends here for dinner on several occasions, we needed an excuse to see what lunch was like. Our thirty-something kids joined us, and the food and service did not let us down. Though relative quiet and calm during the mid-day, the imaginative food and great service now make this one of our top spots for lunch. With or without the kids.Special Features:
- An SF faveAsianFusionGirlDined on 6/3/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner here last week. I'd noted on the OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary, and we received two complimentary glasses of Prosecco. The Asian fusion menu is interesting and fun, service was attentive, the atmosphere is congenial. My only nit is that there were two errors on our bill which added a total of $12; it was quickly fixed. This is one of our favorite places to eat when we come to the city.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ServiceJamesDDined on 5/31/2014Would recommend this restaurant, the food was great and the server had great knowledge of the menu and help us choose a great meal. A good night was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as the first time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014This was my second visit to E&O, both occuring in 2014. The food and ambiance was outstanding both times. The waiters were very informative and the bartender was great to observe his skill. I have now tried at least 10 dishes on the menu and they all were fabulous! One small suggestion is to spice up the Edemame-- it was rather bland compared to other restaurants.Special Features:
- The best Corn Fritters in the SFGingerVIPDined on 5/30/2014The restaurant is a beautiful setting with each dish served elegantly. Loved every dish we ordered. Plan to come back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, and AmbiancebarryDined on 5/25/2014Been at E&O twice and it was perfect both times. Love the smell of the wood-burning oven. Many choices for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Excellent spot for family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/25/2014When our party of 13 arrived for dinner, we were surprised and delighted to be shown to a small private dining room. It was the perfect spot for our multi-generational meal. We could hear each other, but no one could hear us! The food was terrific as always. (Two words: corn fritters) And our server was wonderful, especially helping us navigate some allergy concerns. Couldn't have had a better time. Thanks, E&O!Special Features: