E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: 2125059909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (36)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)romantic (23)late-night find (19)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Place!Jen12Dined on 9/28/2014We decided on E&E Grill based on its proximity to "Wicked," the Partner Discount, and the varied menu. We were NOT disappointed!! We had a party of 6, including our 2 children, and everyone was happy with the food choices. The skirt steak was delicious and the service was fantastic! I've recommended this restaurant to a cousin who is headed to NYC soon with her family!Special Features:
- Show StopperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014E&E Grill House is located directly in the theater district and excellent for a no hassle, get to the theater on time, lunch. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The selection of food was varied to make choosing an unexpected delight. We were in for noon and had plenty of time to digest before heading off to the theater for a matinee. Thumbs up for E&E Grill House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted with this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This restaurant did not miss a beat. From the service to the different dishes I tried (I had steak, but I sampled my wife and son's selection) to the dessert that my daughter ate on my behalf (but not before I tried it) was excellent. Our family spent five days in New York and this was the best restaurant of the entire trip.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Hanger Steak was excellent, the Tuna Steak was also excellent and the bacon was great!!Special Features:
- Nice Alternative to a SteakhouseEddieMDined on 9/20/2014The grillhouse titles makes them have less selection of cuts but just as much skill in cooking steaks. The added bonus of a side included is a nice touch. The asparagus was huge and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCande66Dined on 9/13/2014The service was excellent , the food was great. Only reason I gave 4 stars was while the ambiance is good , not great. However, not a reason to avoid E&E grill. The location is perfect for a broadway show. Loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in theater districtPKDfoodyVIPDined on 9/9/2014My group of 10 was well taken care of pre theater. Everyone liked their meal and all the food was served together which can be a challenge with a large group. The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone from burgers to fish to light choices. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desertsjohnboi3Dined on 9/6/2014Very small desert selection..mostly chocolate deserts..Food is great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stale lettucebrownlettuce11Dined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed my time at E&E, but, though the food was tasty, I did not appreciate that the lettuce in my salad was somewhat brown around the edges.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Pre-ShowHungryPlaygoerVIPDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant had great food choices and was conveniently located right across from the Broadway theater we were attending. Food was properly prepared, very tasty and service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Great pre-theatre spot.bklyngalVIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried this place because there was 10% off coupon on our print-at-home theatre tickets. It was also convenient to our show. It was a Sunday afternoon and I was pleased to see that there weren't just brunch items to choose from. I had the hangar steak,which was perfectly cooked medium rare. Ditto for my husband's filet. The server was efficient and pleasant and we were done in plenty of time for our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehhh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Second time here. It is good for food before or after your show, but the food is not that great and very overpriced. All the meat we ordered (steaks and burgers) were overcooked. Waiter was always trying to up-sell you. Again the location is great and you know you will get to your show--but that is all this place has going for it. The food used to be so much better.
- Convenient to TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server could not have been more accomodating of my food 'issues' and when we made reservations - the host was incredibly knowledgeable about show times and when we needed to come in to have a leisurely walk to the Walter Kerr Theatre. Food was good. Not creative or unique - but tasty. My one suggestion is that the steak salad on the menu does not mention bacon and I don't eat bacon. It was LOADED with it. Which is great if you eat it......but should be disclosed.Special Features:
- Nice surprise by the Pearl HotelgrandfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ended up having lunch and dinner here. Lunch was very good. Then dinner before seeing The Book of Mormon right across the street. Again, the food was very good and the service was great. Location is what brought us here but we were very pleased with our service and food.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dinnerallenhaDined on 8/29/2014We went here before a show on a Friday night and it was great. The 4 of us each had apps Tuna tartare, mussels, bacon, and a chopped salad. All were great. The bacon was especially good and was a very large portion. For steaks we ordered 2 bone in rib-eyes a NY strip and a filet. All were also excellent and cooked exactly how we liked them. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was great. We skipped desert as we were all quite full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingfamilyVIPDined on 8/26/2014No atmosphere, food not prepared as requested, menu different from one I pulled up on open table.
- Just OkaymaryDined on 8/26/2014We made a reservation for six o'clock for dinner before seeing a play around the corner on a Tuesday night. When we walked in, it felt cold, and there was a faint smell of bug spray. The restaurant was pretty empty, but we were shown to the back to a VERY small table for two. We didn't ask for a bigger table, thinking they would fill up, but only a very few people came, and when we left our ridiculously small table at 7:30, the place was still just about empty, except for the nice booths in front. The food was good--not great--and our waiter was very good, but it was expensive for what it was and we are indifferent about going there again.
- Pre-theater findUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 8/20/2014Very nice food and friendly service in the heart of the theater district. They will get you to your show!Special Features:
- Aftertheshowus2innycDined on 8/17/2014My granddaughter and I loved the Grill. We were in NYC for vacation and looking for a place to go after the Sunday matinee of If/Then. She had the steak and I had a trio of steak, scallops, and shrimp - both served with asparagus. The good was perfect. We also shared a bread pudding dessert, which was good, but not enough ice cream. The service was excellent with our server Rachael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesSusicruiseVIPDined on 8/17/2014Really good food, nice menu selections, gracious and accommodating staff, cozy atmosphere. Great pre-theater. Have dined here for brunch and for dinner and have recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldebbieDined on 8/16/2014Gabby our waitress was outstanding! food came out fast, no waiting. Enjoyed my flat iron steak and mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommenddinersDined on 8/15/2014This is a diamond in the rough! I would definitey go back. E&E had great reviews and is located across the street from theatre, which is nice because you don't have to rush to finish dinner. It was also recommended by a coworker here in michigan. We got seated at our reservation ontime. A nice quiet atmospere. Food was a good portion and a good price, however wine was pricey. Salmon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mlpsfpDined on 8/15/2014Great location across from theater/parking. Service was good. Food hot/tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Nice theater decor, attentive service and food very tasty with generous portions.Special Features:
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The previous reviews I read said "best steak ever"...they were not kidding! My wife's steak was a little underdone for her, but was still awesome. Service was really good...our server was an enjoyable, friendly person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch spot!BackinBCDined on 8/9/2014A great spot for lunch, conveniently located amongst the theaters. Waitress was very friendly and prompt. We only had the burgers, which were spot on with medium-rare and medium!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal; very quietSarianDined on 8/8/2014The meal was very good and kid options were appreciated. Very few people in the restaurant on a Friday night made it very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after theatermurphmanDined on 8/7/2014great spot for after a show. steak selection and prix fixe menu was impressive. good server.Special Features:
- Great food. Cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014The atmosphere is cozy and quaint. Great for a date. The food was excellent. I had veggie ravioli and my date the salmon. Service great too. Went during restaurant week but would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!jpatDined on 8/7/2014We went there after a fun day in New York. We did the Restaurant Week and the food was amazing. They have some vegetarian options which actually taste good. Our server was very friendly and didn't leave us alone (in a good way). He cared about us and if we were having a good experience. Overall we had a lot of fun, I would recommend it and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- broadway findbrokedadDined on 8/6/2014This is a good place to go either before or after a show. It is conveniently located and does have live music. We went during restaurant week and had a great waitress. The salmon was excellent.
- good before theatergolferDined on 8/6/2014This is good before theater restaurant. Modern decor, good service & good food. The hanger steak was excellent as were the mussels.
- theater distrct findreservationdivaDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed great food and service after matinee performance on a Sunday. Got there at 5 before dinner rush and left at 7....we weren't rushed...and place was very nusy by the time we left...Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvnycDined on 7/31/2014Good food great service restaurant week take advantage of the fixe menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show spot!mrstibsVIPDined on 7/30/2014We were in Times Square to see a matinee and an evening performance and so we were looking for dinner in between. After searching reviews on Open Table, we chose E&E Grill House. What a lovely surprise. The service was outstanding (thanks, Ashley!) and the food was wonderful with the added bonus of it being Restaurant Week, we were quite happy. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. I had the mussels and salmon and my husband had the watermelon gazpacho and roast chicken. All were cooked perfectly and very flavorful. Desserts, keylime pie and a brownie sundae, were delicious as well. We'll return for our next theatre outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good.PhillipDined on 7/26/2014There is nothing memorable or remarkable about E & E except for the food which was quite good. My wife and I were seated at he worst table in the place, a table in the corner which was adjacent to a curtain that divided a serving area from the dining room. The staff kept bumping me through the curtain as they did their thing on the other side. In spite of this irritation I enjoyed the food. Check it out. Enjoy it. Avoid the corner table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingExcellentVIPDined on 7/26/2014After reading mostly favorable reviews, I was expecting so much more. The food was just not good. I had the tuna steak which was overcooked, dry and tasteless. The NY strip was fair, at best, but at traditional steakhouse prices it should have been much better than fair. Even the chopped salad was not truly a chopped salad, it contained whole cherry tomatoes. And though this was to be a shared appetizer, it was not divided for us as it would have been at any better than average restaurant. To be fair, though, I did love the brownie sundae dessert.
- After show dinnertheatrefreakDined on 7/20/2014We were looking for a restaurant near the Eugene O'Neill theatre and E&E Grill House is directly across the street! Menu selections were a nice variety and they had several specials that were appealing for all tastes. Pricing was moderate to expensive. The noise level was okay and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A theatre district treatJoePVIPDined on 7/20/2014Had lunch ere before a Sunday matinee. Very convenient and service was spot on. Had a wonderul grilled salmon salad that is worth trying.Special Features:
- Listen to your waiterRobertDined on 7/19/2014The items we ordered were off the menu. I had a surf and turf. It was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.