E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: (212) 505-9909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (33)good for groups (32)special occasion (26)great for brunch (18)romantic (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Simplistically Good!FoodloverDined on 7/5/2014Menu is very basic American Grill. Quality of the food is outstanding and presentation lovely. We enjoyed a lovely brunch prior to the theater. Atmosphere is conducive to conversation. Wait staff very attentive and mindful of the time. Very clean.Special Features:
- quick bite before broadwayKatieODined on 7/3/2014We only had 1 hour before a 7pm show at Longacre Theater on 48th street. 6 of us sat down at 5:45, ordered a plethora of yummy apps, salads and a few drinks from a delightful waiter named Willie! Beet salad & fresh Tuna salad were delish! We were fed, watered, paid bill, out the door by 6:45 and in our seats w/ 7 min to spare! Great experience!Special Features:
- AmazingKadishaDined on 7/2/2014The service exceeded my expectations and I loved how everything was explained to me. The food was impeccable and basically perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCardieTVDined on 6/28/2014Terrific take on classic dishes. Our server was knowledgable and charming. Best beet salad ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine before a show!BongoDined on 6/27/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We were on a tight schedule because we wanted to make a show; they got our order in right away and our food out quickly. We'll definitely return when we go back to NYC. Did I mention that the food was delicious?Special Features:
- Excellent Pre-Theater Choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent choice in the heart of the theater district! Arrived at 6pm for pre-theater dinner; ambiance was calm, booths were quiet & comfortable. Hangar steak was cooked to perfection; organic chicken was moist and tender with crispy skin. Waitress was very gracious, and was thrilled we had arrived early enough to truly savor the meal! Would return again without hesitation, and will definitely keep this on my favorites list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New & cleanKathySMDined on 6/25/2014E&E Grill seems to be a recently opened restaurant. Everything is new and clean. Four of us ate lunch there before going to the theater. Food was great with only one negative comment - too much bacon on the BLT which was easy to fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in the theater districtfishbaranDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I were going to a Wednesday matinee and wanted to eat close to our theater. I came across E&E on the internet and we could not have been happier with our choice. The food was great, the service was very good and the wait staff was very attentive. We would definitely eat there again on our next trip into New York.Special Features:
- Good service!tripleLDined on 6/24/2014Stopped here for a pre-show dinner on our way to Wicked. The restaurant is in an easy to get to location right across from The Book of Mormon show. The staff was very pleasant and we didn't wait long for food or drinks. We even got a discount by showing our show tickets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewGabeDined on 6/21/2014The interior of the restaurant was nice enough though some of the tables are a bit too close for private conversation. The prices for a glass of wine seem a bit unreasonable at $11 and $13 a glass. The waiters and waitresses were friendly enough and accommodated a change for an item listed on the Pri Fixe menu. The steak substitution for a better cut and seemingly more tender cut was not really so tender after all. . However probably the most annoying part of the dinner was when we came to splitting the bill with the other couple we were having dinner with the recommended tip at the bottom of each of our individual bills reflected a % on the total, being misleading seemingly to apply to half the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful and delicious surprise!WaccababeDined on 6/20/2014Chose E&E for it's proximity to the Ambassador Theater. Expected mediocre pre-theater fare.Walked in, treated by the maitre D' as old friends and most important guests. Had a lovely booth, server Britanny was warm, delightful and full of information about the Theater scene.Ordered from the Prix Fixe menu, but they were totally accommodating and switched out garden salads for Caesar which proved to be one of the best Caesars we've ever eaten!) The hangar steaks were perfectly cooked,crab cakes wonderful, brownie sundaes with salted caramel ice-cream to die for. The bartender makes a superb Manhattan cocktail. We've vowed that E&E will be our first choice for pre-theater dining!Kudos for elevating restaurant district food to new heights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use OTs special notes when bookingGoGetDinVIPDined on 6/20/2014The staff & owner Eric(?) came over to wish us a happy 1st anniversary & asked about our 1st date at EE (to which I bought a groupon for). They were attentive to detail & it's always an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for theatre diningTesadineDined on 6/20/2014Service was great. Salad was drenched in dressing. Asparagus was gigantic and tough.Special Features:
- Great for Dinner before a showMNJFoodiesDined on 6/16/2014We had a fantastic dinner before seeing a show at Radio City. We would definitely recommend! We were the only ones in the restaurant, as it was an odd hour (4:30), but it added to the romance of the night. We were especially pleased that we were not rushed through our meal because we were the only patrons. As we were leaving, the restaurant started to fill. Lucky us to have it all to ourselves!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseJulieMarksDined on 6/15/2014Taking my family into the city for a play is always a treat but the dinner afterwards can be a tricky endeavor. This spot was a pleasant surprise!! I absolutely will go back. Great food, service etc. I have some dietary restrictions and they were accommodating. Our group included a picky teen as well and she loved her food.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great LocationfoodgroupiesDined on 6/14/2014We had lunch at the E&E Grill House. A bit pricey, but that's New York dining. The food was very delicious. Our portion size was great also. After a lengthy wait for our food (mix up with order) the manager approached our table with an apology and an adjustment to our bill. This made up for the inconvenience. My husband and I had tickets to Chicago's matinee. The restaurant is literally two or three steps to the Ambassador theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District GemCarolluvsfoodDined on 6/8/2014This theater district restaurant is a real find. It is in the perfect location. In the heart of a bustling area, it is a quiet, clean and friendly spot. The food is good and fairly priced. The ambience is chic, quiet and appealing. It has a new and inviting feel. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location was perfect, all else goodrobertadcVIPDined on 6/7/2014We went here for dinner because we were staying at the attached Pearl Hotel. The chopped salad and the tuna appetizer were very good. Steak was over salted, and the asparagus was a bit oily. Our coffee arrived cold, but was quickly replaced upon our request.
- WONDERFUL!IlonkaDined on 6/7/2014Had family in from out-of-town and the resturante met all and more of our expectations!! Thank you! IlonkaSpecial Features:
- What did you say?????AlanDined on 6/7/2014Thats how I was all night. The music was so loud it made it almost uncomfortable to dine here. We were given a table in the back near the back wall . The table was unstable, the waiter hardly communicated and was too busy to listen. The saled was bland at best, but the meal was outstanding. We ordered the most expensive rib eye and it was perfection. The asparagus was awesome too. Someone in a suit welcomed us to the restaurant and had a great attitude welcoming us to the restaurant. Now if they only train their employees about customer service this pace could be flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateNiteDined on 6/7/2014We made reservations without knowing anything about the restaurant, but the website looked great. We were impressed with the entire experience --- wait staff was professional, yet friendly; food was generous and very well prepared; and the ambiance was perfect for a pre-theatre dinner. The place was hopping for an early dinner reservation and the manager was very engaged with the activity at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloridaguyFloridaguyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Good restaurant for pre theater. Very nice, small menu but good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good pre-theater diningalberger10VIPDined on 6/5/2014Good quality meat cuts cooked to your specs, with seasonal veggies, fresh salads and simple but tasty desserts served in a modest but clean and comfortable space by well trained young waiters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014Had a really nice lunch before our 2pm show. Ambiance was nice, meal was good, prices very reasonable and service was wonderful. Will return and would highly recommend this as a pre show restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater diningWineloverDined on 6/3/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal prior to walking across the street to see the 7:00pm Mormon performance. The food was quite good- particularly the mussels and smoked pork chop and the service was attentive and friendly [kudos to Willy] We will definitely return.Special Features:
- WagstailVIPDined on 5/31/2014E & E Grill was new to me and this was my first visit there. I must have walked by the restaurant, I do not know how many times, but I will not longer pass it by. The food and the service were way above average, with the service alone a reason to go back. The restaurant is clean and well lit, with a menu that anyone could find something to order and be happy. Make a note to try E & E Grill House!Special Features:
- Great pre theatre spotDiningDivaDined on 5/30/2014Vibrant bistro type atmosphere. My steak was excellent. Menu was simple but everything I tried was tasteful and wonderfully prepared. The waitress was very attentive and took care of the problem with a wobbly table as soon as she noticed it without me having to ask. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Got the new york strip, everything was great! Less expensive than other steakhouses around and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AFTER-MATINEE DINNERNancyEFVIPDined on 5/24/2014Across the street from "Book of Mormon", plus 10% off food for those of us with tickets, this restaurant offered really good food with friendly, efficient service. My husband really enjoyed the generous and tasty bowl of mussels, while I finished a good chopped salad. We really enjoyed delicious and flavorful Flat Iron steaks. Very tender, and cooked just as ordered. Plus a lovely St. Estephe wine, which put a lovely finishing touch on our meal - completing a lovely day of theater and dinner in New York City.Special Features:
- Perfect "before show " dining.EBluvsNYDined on 5/24/2014The atmosphere is very relaxing in the evening when you are trying to wind down from a busy tourist day. Waitstaff was extremely friendly, very knowledgable about the menu and made some excellent recommendations for us. The roasted beet salad was light and delicious andThe Filet Mingnon was fabulous. For dessert, the caramel and white chocolate bread pudding did not disappoint !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneDined on 5/24/2014We had a enjoyable brunch before going to see a play, would definately go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food And FastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014Went here before a show...got right in and was out very quickly. The waitress was amazing! She was so friendly and just flat out good. First question was are you going to a show to see how quick she needed to be. The food was awesome. I had the lamb and my wife had the pork. I've never tasted anything like her pork before. It's centrally located in the theater district and easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theaterregularcustomerDined on 5/20/2014The food was great but despite knowing that we had a 7 PM curtain and we sat down at 5:30, we were unable to have dessert or coffee due to the timing of the service. The waitress was lovely and boxed the dessert. It would have been nice to sit a little and enjoy the meal without the anxiety of making the theater. We only needed 5 minutes to get there. I just think dinner should be able to be served in an hour and 15 minutes. The burger however was amazing and worth a trip.Special Features:
- Very Nice LunchAnthonyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great place for lunch in the Theater District. Food was good and service was great. Nice environment and you can have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wicked!!!!TataDined on 5/17/2014This was a precious find!!! The food was excellent, the service outstanding and the ambience serene. I would highly recommend the place for anyone with a taste for grilled steak/seafood. We ordered from the prefix. I ordered the grilled salmon and my sister ordered the grilled flat iron steak as our entree's, both with grilled asparagus..which were delicious,the meats cooked to perfection. We also ordered the lump crab cake as an appetizer, to share and that was just an awesome bite with each spoonful. We are no wine experts, but they seemed to have a pretty extensive list of a variety of wines. We both ordered the brownie sundae (part of the prefix) and a cappuccino to top the night off and go see our show WICKED!!!!Special Features:
- Good food but very noisyDDfoodiesDined on 5/16/2014We had the fixed price menu: $39 per person. Loved the soup, and the flat iron steak was tender and delicious. The desserts were huge and also very good. The service was friendly and professional. The only problem was the noise level. It was Friday evening and very busy. Everyone was shouting to be heard. Apart from the noise we would certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater choiceDinerJ26VIPDined on 5/16/2014Pleasant, clean, and good quality food. GREAT pre-theater choice. It is a neighborbood gem. Unpretentious yet very attractive modern setting for dining. We could hear each other just fine and the bartender was terrific with real chops and knowledgeable about their winelist. We recommend a booth.Special Features:
- A very nice place in TimesSquare !StephenDined on 5/11/2014Quite honestly, finding a good value in TimesSquare area is not that easy. But looking for a steak house, we found E&E and that was the perfect match ! Food was really good (meat perfectly cooked, awesome desert), and you can find a great St Estephe in the wine list. Service was outstanding, not too much as it's often the case unfortunately in NY. And last but not least, that's affordable (given the location and the food of course ;-) ) Go try it !Special Features:
- E&E is outstanding!Joyett38Dined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful experience at E&E Grill House. The lovely hostess greeted us warmly and brought us to our table. The brunch / lunch menu offered a huge variety of options for our group of 5. Even after ordering (and requesting many items to be changed slightly) our lunch came out just perfectly. The presentation was picture perfect and everything tasted delicious. The chopped salad was wonderful and the grilled chicken sandwich with avocado was made to perfection. The grilled cheese was just scrumptious. We can't wait to go back to E&E and try other menu items. E&E is the perfect restaurant for every occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable pre-theater dinnerCountrymouseDined on 5/10/2014Have visited E&E Grill for dinner before a show twice now over about two years. It has a pleasant modern interior, excellent service which will get you to your show on time, and good food at a reasonable price for the theater district. The prix fixe menu offers limited but appealing enough choices. The place does fill up and get crowded and noisy from 6 to 7:30 pm (but the tables are placed as well as possible to provide some privacy given the space), and there are only two unisex bathrooms. Nevertheless, we like it well enough to return.