E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: (212) 505-9909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (32)good for groups (30)special occasion (26)great for brunch (18)romantic (16)late-night find (15)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- My husband and I found thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011My husband and I found this place by chance and absolutely loved it! The food was great and our server was excellent!Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialSteveVIPDined on 12/27/2011Tried it as a new offering in the theatre district. Rare steak came out an hour after ordered cooked medium. Did not have an hour to wait for another steak (most expensive item on menu). Missed broadway show. Meal (without coffee or desert) was two hours. Salad, potatoes and tofu were very good. No follow up by waiter as to a second glass of wine, which would have been nice after waiting an hour. Other tables got bread, we did not. Good location.
- Arrived at 5:30 and informedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2011Arrived at 5:30 and informed the waiter that we had to leave for a 7pm theater showing. He assured me ther'd be no problem. Entrees arrive at 6:50 and the maitre de told us "we had time" as curtain didn't go up until 7:08....waiter went completely MIA...no apology offered...food was probably decent ..really didn't have time to taste it ...wouldn't even know if they had desert or coffee....had to ask for the check as the entree was served...won't go again
- location vs qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011The location to our Broadway Play was excellent. The steak was not tender even at medium well. Very comfortable and nice seating except the bench seating that the material seems to stick to you making it uncomfortable to move about. The service was very pleasent. The cost was not very good for the food recieved in quality or quantity. If you figure price and quality then Peter Lugar would have actually cost less and exceptionally much better.
- Very nice find via Open Table.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/24/2011Very nice find via Open Table. We spent X-mas Eve here and was very impressed. Great overall specials, along with great presentations, made for a nice evening. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- We had a very pleasuable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011We had a very pleasuable dining experience prior to a Broadway show. The service was attentive but not invasive and the food was delicious. Our waiter, Guillermo, was a joy and gave us excellent service.
- Very welcoming staff. TheyRSussDined on 12/23/2011Very welcoming staff. They made us feel like regulars! The food was healthful & fresh. The menu simple, but something for everyone and in every price range.Special Features:
- Good Pre-TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2011we dined here before a show. Service was good as was the food. Most important, got us out on time
- Three of us had a deliciousGrammy521VIPDined on 12/21/2011Three of us had a delicious lunch at E&E, but the kale salad with a mustard vinaigrette was extra-special. We are all looking forward to returning there to try more options.Special Features:
- Ate dinner here after theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2011Ate dinner here after theater performance. Bar in front; tables in back. Service was great. Our party had a variety of fish, steak, chicken and pasta. Everyone enjoyed meal. It was a little quiet, largely due to late evening. However, I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Had a well-conducted pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 12/20/2011Had a well-conducted pre-theater meal. On the prix-fixe, our waiter even hurried the desserts along with our curtain time in mind. Lovely menu selections..Special Features:
- Great GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/19/2011There roasted chicken was excellent. Could offer a few more wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Went to E&E pre-theatre.StAug2014VIPDined on 12/19/2011Went to E&E pre-theatre. They asked at the door if we were going to a show and for the start time. We had 2 hours, but were on our way with plenty of time to spare (30-40 minutes). The service was good and the food was very good (steak). Also a great value for a good steak in NYC.Special Features:
- Excellent Value, Friendly Staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/19/2011Excellent value for money! $32 for a three course meal - we chose soup (best soup I've tasted for a long time), sirloin steak with mash & grilled brocollini (wasn't the grilled taste we were looking for but was a good tender & fat free piece of meat), and key lime pie + chocolate brownie sundae (to die for!). The setting is modern but not clinical or cold. Staff very friendly. Being directly opposite Book of Morman and a block away from Time Square / Broadway shows, we were surprised at the prices here. Would definitely recommend. Oh, and they have a Ticket Lottery at 5pm every night, so head down there early to be in with your chance to go and see the fully booked (til Jul 2012) Book of Morman show (so want to go see that!)Special Features:
- VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED.BENGIEDined on 12/16/2011VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. FOOD, SERVICE, AMBIANCE, ETC. ALL VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Second time dining there,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/14/2011Second time dining there, love the grilled Caesar salad, they were able to make a cheese burger and fries for my daughter (not on the menu) The service was excellentSpecial Features:
- They offer a great prix-fixeCharlieSigVIPDined on 12/12/2011They offer a great prix-fixe meal for $35 that's a bargain for the theatre district.Special Features:
- Super find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2011Used this for a pre- theatre quick dinner. They get the need for speed, however we didn't feel rushed, the waiter was phenomenal and the food far far surpassed our expectations. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2011Really enjoyed the evening here, the steaks are great!Special Features:
- My friends (who are foodies)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2011My friends (who are foodies) and I had a great pre-theatre dinner experience. The food was delicious, the service was spot-on, and we got out in plenty of time for the show. I'd recommend E&E in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Lunch menu small. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2011Lunch menu small. Service was good at first and then nothing. Restaurant was empty on a day where most near theaters were packed.
- GG (Good Grille) for EEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011My companion and I were surprised and pleased with the warmth of this cozy place. The music was somewhat loud though. Our waiter was very friendly,prompt and accommodating. The salmon was a little too undercooked so the waitress was very prompt in getting it cooked to my wife's desired temperature. The kale salad was crunchy and very tasty. My boat scallops were just ok and the polenta was quite creamy and good. Overall, I'd go back and try some of the other dishes and would recommend other diners try this place if in the theatre district.
- The food was great and theSully38VIPDined on 12/1/2011The food was great and the service was very attentive. I tried 2 different wines by the glass and they both tasted stale
- The place was lovely, private,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011The place was lovely, private, service was perfect, and dessert was really good. The only thing not so good was that all our steaks were overdone. The meat was of good quality and prices were reasonable so it was a pity the chef wasn't on his A-game that night. I'd give the place another try if not for the fact that there are so many other places in NYC to experience.Special Features:
- We dined there for the fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We dined there for the fabulous thanksgiving set menu, which was delicous. It was our first real thanksgiving dinner and it was a wonderful experience. thank you very muchSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent; ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Food was excellent; Service was great; Great dining experience - would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful pre-theaterCharlieVIPDined on 11/22/2011Had a wonderful pre-theater dinner. Great staff, service and food quality. Would encourage everyone to give it a try - you will be become a regular
- Was excited to try this outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2011Was excited to try this out since the menu seemed interesting. Overall, it was a disappointment. Food was creative, but not memorable.Special Features:
- This newly opened grill isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2011This newly opened grill is a welcome addition to the Times Square area where quality food can be a little hard to find in amongst all the big tourist chains. The service was great; courteous and friendly (particular thanks to our charming waitress Amanda who was lovely) and the food was superb. We called in for lunch and my husband had a cheeseburger and I had the grilled chicken sandwich. Both were delicious and were served with home made potato chips (crisps). I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- LacklusterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/12/2011Went on a Saturday night before theatre. Service was slipshod. In an alcove with 2 other tables, so noise was deafening. Coffee was bitter, food ok. Will not return.
- FIVE STAR FINDLawyerjohnDined on 11/12/2011As good as it gets. Excellent atmosphere, service, and best of all, food. The menu is short and to the point. The two chefs clearly excel at their craft. Each dish we tried had components that each offered a distinct personality to the plate, and when combined, the sum was greater than the parts. In a word - flawless. The roasted bacon over red cabbage is obscenely good. The salmon was perfect. The hanger steak unbelievable. Desserts stand on their own as well. This is a fairly new restaurant. We hope it does well.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience on BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011We arrived early for our reservation and were seated immediately by a friendly hostess. Our server was lovely and recommended excellent choices for cocktails and wine--not just the expensive bottle. The acorn squash soup arrived at a perfect temperature with a delightful and creative combination of apple bits and other flavors. I had a filet so tender I had to check to make sure it was actually beef. The delicious sauteed spinach made an excellent complement. My husband had the ribeye and looked quite like he was having a religious experience, but his Black Truffle Polenta was so rich we each had only a spoonful. Our visit made a perfect beginning for out best night ever on Broadway.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011I was very excited to try this restaurant, unfortunately it was a horrible experience. This is actually the first tine I've ever reviewed anywhere but it was that bad. The service was horrendous and I'm sad to say that I've had better meals at applebees.
- We have been going to E andEvanVIPDined on 11/5/2011We have been going to E and E since it opened - they seem to currently be overloaded. We waited half an hour for our salad, and another 25 minutes for entree. Wewre going to theater, so this was not a good experience. The owner did try hard to rectify, but they need more hlep.
- Everything was excellent fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2011Everything was excellent from start to finish. It was a little quiet, but that's to be expected for a relatively new restaurant. From the service, you would have thought that they had been around for years though. Will definitely be back soon and can't recommend highly enough.Special Features:
- Food wasn't that great. FunnyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/3/2011Food wasn't that great. Funny spicing to everything.. the squash soup and the salmon particularly. Steak was pretty good.
- Try the bacon salad. Delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/23/2011Try the bacon salad. Delicious. Very good wait staffSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceswanneeVIPDined on 10/22/2011We had a wonderful experience at the E & E Grille. The service was the best. No rushing here. Nice and relaxing. We will definitely return and also will spread the word.Special Features:
- Fantastic food. We did haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2011Fantastic food. We did have to request to be moved because the lighting was too dim. After we moved, it was perfectly fine. The homemade butter is amazing!Special Features:
- I thought the atmosphere wasgkdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2011I thought the atmosphere was very nice, and our server was excellent - very friendly and attentive. I thought the food was a bit lacking. The portion size wasn't huge. I ordered the steak sandwich and it tasted pretty good, I just wish there had been more of it. And I'd prefer fries as a side to a sandwich, rather than potato chips. Overall it was a fine place.