E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: 2125059909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (41)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (28)romantic (27)late-night find (18)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- disappointingfamilyVIPDined on 8/26/2014No atmosphere, food not prepared as requested, menu different from one I pulled up on open table.
- Pre-theater findUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 8/20/2014Very nice food and friendly service in the heart of the theater district. They will get you to your show!Special Features:
- Aftertheshowus2innycDined on 8/17/2014My granddaughter and I loved the Grill. We were in NYC for vacation and looking for a place to go after the Sunday matinee of If/Then. She had the steak and I had a trio of steak, scallops, and shrimp - both served with asparagus. The good was perfect. We also shared a bread pudding dessert, which was good, but not enough ice cream. The service was excellent with our server Rachael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesSusicruiseVIPDined on 8/17/2014Really good food, nice menu selections, gracious and accommodating staff, cozy atmosphere. Great pre-theater. Have dined here for brunch and for dinner and have recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldebbieDined on 8/16/2014Gabby our waitress was outstanding! food came out fast, no waiting. Enjoyed my flat iron steak and mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommenddinersDined on 8/15/2014This is a diamond in the rough! I would definitey go back. E&E had great reviews and is located across the street from theatre, which is nice because you don't have to rush to finish dinner. It was also recommended by a coworker here in michigan. We got seated at our reservation ontime. A nice quiet atmospere. Food was a good portion and a good price, however wine was pricey. Salmon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mlpsfpDined on 8/15/2014Great location across from theater/parking. Service was good. Food hot/tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Nice theater decor, attentive service and food very tasty with generous portions.Special Features:
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The previous reviews I read said "best steak ever"...they were not kidding! My wife's steak was a little underdone for her, but was still awesome. Service was really good...our server was an enjoyable, friendly person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch spot!BackinBCDined on 8/9/2014A great spot for lunch, conveniently located amongst the theaters. Waitress was very friendly and prompt. We only had the burgers, which were spot on with medium-rare and medium!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal; very quietSarianDined on 8/8/2014The meal was very good and kid options were appreciated. Very few people in the restaurant on a Friday night made it very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after theatermurphmanDined on 8/7/2014great spot for after a show. steak selection and prix fixe menu was impressive. good server.Special Features:
- Great food. Cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014The atmosphere is cozy and quaint. Great for a date. The food was excellent. I had veggie ravioli and my date the salmon. Service great too. Went during restaurant week but would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!jpatDined on 8/7/2014We went there after a fun day in New York. We did the Restaurant Week and the food was amazing. They have some vegetarian options which actually taste good. Our server was very friendly and didn't leave us alone (in a good way). He cared about us and if we were having a good experience. Overall we had a lot of fun, I would recommend it and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- broadway findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014This is a good place to go either before or after a show. It is conveniently located and does have live music. We went during restaurant week and had a great waitress. The salmon was excellent.
- good before theatergolferDined on 8/6/2014This is good before theater restaurant. Modern decor, good service & good food. The hanger steak was excellent as were the mussels.
- theater distrct findreservationdivaDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed great food and service after matinee performance on a Sunday. Got there at 5 before dinner rush and left at 7....we weren't rushed...and place was very nusy by the time we left...Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvnycDined on 7/31/2014Good food great service restaurant week take advantage of the fixe menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show spot!mrstibsVIPDined on 7/30/2014We were in Times Square to see a matinee and an evening performance and so we were looking for dinner in between. After searching reviews on Open Table, we chose E&E Grill House. What a lovely surprise. The service was outstanding (thanks, Ashley!) and the food was wonderful with the added bonus of it being Restaurant Week, we were quite happy. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. I had the mussels and salmon and my husband had the watermelon gazpacho and roast chicken. All were cooked perfectly and very flavorful. Desserts, keylime pie and a brownie sundae, were delicious as well. We'll return for our next theatre outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good.PhillipDined on 7/26/2014There is nothing memorable or remarkable about E & E except for the food which was quite good. My wife and I were seated at he worst table in the place, a table in the corner which was adjacent to a curtain that divided a serving area from the dining room. The staff kept bumping me through the curtain as they did their thing on the other side. In spite of this irritation I enjoyed the food. Check it out. Enjoy it. Avoid the corner table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingExcellentVIPDined on 7/26/2014After reading mostly favorable reviews, I was expecting so much more. The food was just not good. I had the tuna steak which was overcooked, dry and tasteless. The NY strip was fair, at best, but at traditional steakhouse prices it should have been much better than fair. Even the chopped salad was not truly a chopped salad, it contained whole cherry tomatoes. And though this was to be a shared appetizer, it was not divided for us as it would have been at any better than average restaurant. To be fair, though, I did love the brownie sundae dessert.
- After show dinnertheatrefreakDined on 7/20/2014We were looking for a restaurant near the Eugene O'Neill theatre and E&E Grill House is directly across the street! Menu selections were a nice variety and they had several specials that were appealing for all tastes. Pricing was moderate to expensive. The noise level was okay and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A theatre district treatJoePVIPDined on 7/20/2014Had lunch ere before a Sunday matinee. Very convenient and service was spot on. Had a wonderul grilled salmon salad that is worth trying.Special Features:
- Listen to your waiterRobertDined on 7/19/2014The items we ordered were off the menu. I had a surf and turf. It was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Grill FoodErBearDined on 7/15/2014Based on the name of the restaurant, you might assume, but just to be sure, everything off the grill is great. The steak, chicken, and seafood (all grilled) were all very good, especially the steak and scallops. The only thing that left something to be desired was the dessert.Special Features:
- 8pm dinner great ideaFluffDined on 7/12/2014We arrived at the restaurant after the 8pm theater-goers departed. The restaurant was nearly empty. Specials were outstanding, service was excellent and not intrusive. Heartily recommended if you can go when the rush subsides; I expect the staff would handle the theater rush credibly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to the TheaterTheBookOfMormonDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant was located across the street from the O'Neill theater and our server gave us really good advice, to stay and enjoy another drink and wait for the line to go down.Special Features:
- Great pre theater dinner!ChemtigerDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding food and service! The decor is very cool. Right in the middle of the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater LunchStateguyVIPDined on 7/9/2014An excellently cooked and served lunch in a very comfortable restaurant. It's across the street from Book of Mormon. And both the restaurant and the show are worth a visit!
- Unbeatable LocationJeromeleDined on 7/8/2014Immediately across the street from Eugene O'Neill Theater, and food quite good, excellent service - and you'll pay for all of it.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014So conveniently located, terrific steak and the nicest, most attentive service we had they whole time we were in NYC!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simplistically Good!FoodloverDined on 7/5/2014Menu is very basic American Grill. Quality of the food is outstanding and presentation lovely. We enjoyed a lovely brunch prior to the theater. Atmosphere is conducive to conversation. Wait staff very attentive and mindful of the time. Very clean.Special Features:
- quick bite before broadwayKatieODined on 7/3/2014We only had 1 hour before a 7pm show at Longacre Theater on 48th street. 6 of us sat down at 5:45, ordered a plethora of yummy apps, salads and a few drinks from a delightful waiter named Willie! Beet salad & fresh Tuna salad were delish! We were fed, watered, paid bill, out the door by 6:45 and in our seats w/ 7 min to spare! Great experience!Special Features:
- AmazingKadishaDined on 7/2/2014The service exceeded my expectations and I loved how everything was explained to me. The food was impeccable and basically perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCardieTVDined on 6/28/2014Terrific take on classic dishes. Our server was knowledgable and charming. Best beet salad ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine before a show!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We were on a tight schedule because we wanted to make a show; they got our order in right away and our food out quickly. We'll definitely return when we go back to NYC. Did I mention that the food was delicious?Special Features:
- Excellent Pre-Theater Choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent choice in the heart of the theater district! Arrived at 6pm for pre-theater dinner; ambiance was calm, booths were quiet & comfortable. Hangar steak was cooked to perfection; organic chicken was moist and tender with crispy skin. Waitress was very gracious, and was thrilled we had arrived early enough to truly savor the meal! Would return again without hesitation, and will definitely keep this on my favorites list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New & cleanKathySMDined on 6/25/2014E&E Grill seems to be a recently opened restaurant. Everything is new and clean. Four of us ate lunch there before going to the theater. Food was great with only one negative comment - too much bacon on the BLT which was easy to fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in the theater districtfishbaranDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I were going to a Wednesday matinee and wanted to eat close to our theater. I came across E&E on the internet and we could not have been happier with our choice. The food was great, the service was very good and the wait staff was very attentive. We would definitely eat there again on our next trip into New York.Special Features:
- Good service!tripleLDined on 6/24/2014Stopped here for a pre-show dinner on our way to Wicked. The restaurant is in an easy to get to location right across from The Book of Mormon show. The staff was very pleasant and we didn't wait long for food or drinks. We even got a discount by showing our show tickets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.