E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: (212) 505-9909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (33)good for groups (32)special occasion (27)great for brunch (18)romantic (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- NYC4USNYC4USDined on 11/22/2014This was our second time at E&E both for pre-Broadway shows. Once for lunch and once for dinner. Our table for five was ready on time, the service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The menu contains something to meet everyone's tastes...you will not be disappointed! The location is great and within walking distance of the theater district. Also, there are several parking garages close by the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal, great service, highly recommendedtonyDined on 11/21/2014The steak is fantastic, the crab cakes were equally amazing. Service is great, attentive without being overbearing. It's a great spot for a special occasion dinner, and definitely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2014A new steakhouse -- in a new hotel. But rather disappointing. The prices are a bit less than the top steakhouses. But the steads were a lot less! And the drinks were not cheap. So, in the end, it cost as much as other places where the food would be a lot better. The ambiance is a bit off. Somehow, it has the feel of "lunchtime casual." Quite bright, no tablecloths, etc. And the staff are still getting the feel for handling the crowds. On the other hand, the bar at the front seems welcoming and was very busy as we left after dinner. The restaurant has real promise. But it needs more work on all fronts.
- Don't visit this steakhouse for the steaks!HungryinbrooklynDined on 11/18/2014Nice ambiance, very good service, delicious appetizers. Unfortunately, when it came to the steaks at this steakhouse, this restaurant underperformed. My shell steak was over cooked & flavorless. My companion's steak was tough & very chewy. My father's home-grilled Costco steaks are much better. Too bad, because I liked almost everything else about this restaurant & it's very convenient for theater goers. But if a steakhouse can't get the steaks right then what's the point?
- Pre-theatre dinnersjgkmgVIPDined on 11/18/2014Two of us enjoyed a pre-theatre dinner. We started with one of their specialty cocktails that didn’t disappoint. We then ordered off the pre-fix menu. The carrot-ginger soup was very flavorful; the house burger was truly delicious. If you’re a bacon lover I recommend this burger. We ended the meal with a slice of key lime pie which was also very good. The waiter was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/13/2014waitress was very pleasant, food was good. had a pre theater dinner menu that was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprised with E & Ecookie17VIPDined on 11/8/2014I booked this restaurant b/c I wanted to try someplace new before our show in Times Sq. The food was very good and they had a nice pre-fixe menu which included salad, entree & dessert. The portion was ample and the food was delicious. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Very PleasedMadHatter56Dined on 11/4/2014Chose E&E Grill House because of the proximity to Book of Mormons Play - across the street. Also they had a 10% coupon on the e-ticket off of the food portion of the bill. Don't get into NYC often so unsure of local restaurants. Both my wife and I were surprised by the quality of the food and attentiveness of our server! We arrived early and were in no rush and our server never pushed us to "open up the table" - had a couple of drinks - their house Martini was amazing! I ordered Alaskan Cod and my wife had the mixed grill - meat and fish cooked perfectly and the sauces were amazing! Great Find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre theaterQ007Dined on 11/4/2014Good food at reasonable prices. Close to most theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLouLouDined on 11/2/2014A number of us were in NYC for the Marathon. This was to be our post marathon feast. The food was just ok and the presentation diner style plain with no expected wow! The service was slow.Special Features:
- Great "after the show" dining spotColonelMustardDined on 11/2/2014Had reservations for 4, arrived early and was graciously accommodated. One member of our group was a very picky eater and was pleasantly surprised with everything ordered. The rest of us had the steaks and they were prepared to our individual specifications perfectly. It's adjacent proximity to The Pearl hotel was an added bonus. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theaterlds46Dined on 10/26/2014Quick, friendly service and good food make for a pleasant experience, especially if you have tickets to a show. Theater district location makes this restaurant an easy walk to any number of shows. We enjoyed.Special Features:
- Very Good Food, Excellent ServiceJohnDined on 10/26/2014The food was very good, not outstanding, but very tasty and prepared as ordered. Service was excellent and friendly. Ambiance is a bit light. Not pretty or particularly nice to look at, but not offensive, either. Prices are not cheap, though the hangar steak and flat iron steak were priced ok, but then, they should be as these are not pricey cuts of meat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed dinner. Food was great. Server was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E&E Grill rocks!CharlieDined on 10/24/2014We had a really nice meal at E and E Grill. Friendly, attentive staff, fast service. Good sized portions of really tasty food. We would go back again next time we visit NY and recommend you to others. Even got a 10% discount!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater SpotLuv2DineNYDined on 10/22/2014Nice spot in the theater district, cool vibe. Pre Fixe 3 course was a good deal. Food was great, our server was very nice and the wine list had good choices. All courses came out of the kitchen quickly so we had plenty of time before our curtain time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FunFoodieVIPDined on 10/20/2014Rack of lamb, filet and the special potatoes ROCKED. Only thing that wasn't incredible was the brownie sundae dessert. Easy to get to, nice staff! Lovely and sooo close to Times Square... Really wonderful.Special Features:
- Good pre-theater optionluvnycDined on 10/18/2014We chose E&E Grill House for the prix fixe dinner they provide prior to going to the theater. It was a 3-course meal, and I believe there were 3 choices of entrees, including a hamburger, cod or steak. Unfortunately, we failed to notice the 10% discount on meals that were included with our theater tickets. We ordered the cod, which we both agreed tasted salty, but for $39 for each meal, it was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Great place for a pre-show dinner. We tried the fixed price menu.... It was delicious.Special Features:
- Post matinee dinnerLove2EatDined on 10/12/2014Brief menu, but excellent food and service. Convenient to theaters. Friendly and helpful reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor food quality for the priceEasygoingNewYorkerDined on 10/12/2014The food was wildly over priced for its inferior quality. I am a long-time New Yorker and have eaten far better meals throughout Manhattan for far less money. We only dined at the restaurant because of it was near our Broadway show. Foolish decision!
- UnimpressedSteakLoverDined on 10/11/2014While rib eye (rather small) was overcooked, my guests filet mignon was under cooked. Unable to find the waitress to mention. Wait staff was of low end chain restaurant quality. If she worked @ "friendly's" she would be mediocre.
- Nice brief dinnerClintVIPDined on 10/10/2014We were looking for a quick late dinner after the theatre, and this was a nice choice. Not a long menu, but good selections. The food was good. Service was promptSpecial Features:
- A trip to the CityLouie79Dined on 10/10/2014In town from Pittsburgh to see Wicked and so glad we chose to have dinner at E&E! Everything was great and hope to return in the future! Meal was fantastic. Steaks were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okPharmomDined on 10/9/2014We weren't impressed with the food. There have to be much better options in the city.
- Very enjoyableLindyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Went for a pre-matinee lunch. Simple menu with a variety of choices in the sandwich and salad category. The food was fresh and tasty. The presentation was inviting. Would like to try it sometime for dinner and sample the steaks and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchanthonyVIPDined on 10/6/2014good business lunch - place was not crowded so pretty quiet
- Lunch at the Grill HouseBobGVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had lunch so we basically had hamburgers. They were good but it's hard to judge the food overall. The place is attractive and well-suited geographically for a meal before or after the show. The staff, to a person, were remarkably friendly and efficient. Would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Great Go-To Pre-Theater PlaceRichKoNYCVIPDined on 10/4/2014I selected this based on the reviews and the proximity to Wicked/Gershwin Theater. My sister and her friends were visiting and part of the weekend was to attend Wicked. I needed a good restaurant in between their hotel and the theater. E&E fit the bill. Service was great, food fantastic and the desserts were sensational. Very limited bar selections in terms of vodkas, but all in all I would go back even if I weren't attending the theater!Special Features:
- insipid, uninspired fooddisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014All food tasted on the prix fixe was either questionable, as the salad and soup, or just tasteless.. Overall despite the efforts of our willing waitress, the total effect is simply coarse. Not for habitual NY diners.
- CharlieBDined on 10/4/2014Good, not great, I realize, while trying to select descriptive phrases from #2. The biscuits, now, they were great. Meat ordered medium arrived lovely, but rare. The beet salad was interesting, attractive and flavorful. The menu lacks diversity and originality, but as promised, there is a variety of grilled entrees- our group had steak, cod and the portobello mushroom. Service attentive until it got crowded. The music was a bit loud. Overall, the food was fresh and tasty, the welcome friendly. With the competition E & E has nearby, however, I am not sure the biscuits and beets would bring me back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, not my entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Service was very good... I have a feeling I ordered the wrong meal... I had the quinoua and portabella mushroom entree... they substituted couscous which had no flavor and they just splashed balsamic over the portabella's... no taste. I actually returned it and they were very good about accommodating me. The beet salad app and my friend's flat iron steak were very good.
- pre theaterElljac1102Dined on 9/30/2014We never heard of E & E ,just took a chance and it was well worht it, Shrimp were gigantic & delicious,my husbsand had pork chop,asked for it pink and got it exactly as ordered. I think there should be more choices for wine by the glass, Our server,Chris was charming and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Place!Jen12Dined on 9/28/2014We decided on E&E Grill based on its proximity to "Wicked," the Partner Discount, and the varied menu. We were NOT disappointed!! We had a party of 6, including our 2 children, and everyone was happy with the food choices. The skirt steak was delicious and the service was fantastic! I've recommended this restaurant to a cousin who is headed to NYC soon with her family!Special Features:
- Before show matinee on SaturdayClizDined on 9/28/2014We arrived early had a bottle of Chardonnay and the best hamburgers ever! Wonderful service! Very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show StoppertynemouthcutieDined on 9/28/2014E&E Grill House is located directly in the theater district and excellent for a no hassle, get to the theater on time, lunch. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The selection of food was varied to make choosing an unexpected delight. We were in for noon and had plenty of time to digest before heading off to the theater for a matinee. Thumbs up for E&E Grill House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted with this restaurantMatthewDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant did not miss a beat. From the service to the different dishes I tried (I had steak, but I sampled my wife and son's selection) to the dessert that my daughter ate on my behalf (but not before I tried it) was excellent. Our family spent five days in New York and this was the best restaurant of the entire trip.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Hanger Steak was excellent, the Tuna Steak was also excellent and the bacon was great!!Special Features:
- Nice Alternative to a SteakhouseEddieMDined on 9/20/2014The grillhouse titles makes them have less selection of cuts but just as much skill in cooking steaks. The added bonus of a side included is a nice touch. The asparagus was huge and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCande66Dined on 9/13/2014The service was excellent , the food was great. Only reason I gave 4 stars was while the ambiance is good , not great. However, not a reason to avoid E&E grill. The location is perfect for a broadway show. Loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.