E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: 2125059909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (30)special occasion (26)late-night find (19)romantic (18)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/20/2014Rack of lamb, filet and the special potatoes ROCKED. Only thing that wasn't incredible was the brownie sundae dessert. Easy to get to, nice staff! Lovely and sooo close to Times Square... Really wonderful.Special Features:
- Good pre-theater optionluvnycDined on 10/18/2014We chose E&E Grill House for the prix fixe dinner they provide prior to going to the theater. It was a 3-course meal, and I believe there were 3 choices of entrees, including a hamburger, cod or steak. Unfortunately, we failed to notice the 10% discount on meals that were included with our theater tickets. We ordered the cod, which we both agreed tasted salty, but for $39 for each meal, it was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post matinee dinnerLove2EatDined on 10/12/2014Brief menu, but excellent food and service. Convenient to theaters. Friendly and helpful reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor food quality for the priceEasygoingNewYorkerDined on 10/12/2014The food was wildly over priced for its inferior quality. I am a long-time New Yorker and have eaten far better meals throughout Manhattan for far less money. We only dined at the restaurant because of it was near our Broadway show. Foolish decision!
- UnimpressedSteakLoverDined on 10/11/2014While rib eye (rather small) was overcooked, my guests filet mignon was under cooked. Unable to find the waitress to mention. Wait staff was of low end chain restaurant quality. If she worked @ "friendly's" she would be mediocre.
- Nice brief dinnerClintVIPDined on 10/10/2014We were looking for a quick late dinner after the theatre, and this was a nice choice. Not a long menu, but good selections. The food was good. Service was promptSpecial Features:
- A trip to the CityLouie79Dined on 10/10/2014In town from Pittsburgh to see Wicked and so glad we chose to have dinner at E&E! Everything was great and hope to return in the future! Meal was fantastic. Steaks were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okPharmomDined on 10/9/2014We weren't impressed with the food. There have to be much better options in the city.
- Very enjoyableLindyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Went for a pre-matinee lunch. Simple menu with a variety of choices in the sandwich and salad category. The food was fresh and tasty. The presentation was inviting. Would like to try it sometime for dinner and sample the steaks and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchanthonyVIPDined on 10/6/2014good business lunch - place was not crowded so pretty quiet
- Lunch at the Grill HouseBobGVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had lunch so we basically had hamburgers. They were good but it's hard to judge the food overall. The place is attractive and well-suited geographically for a meal before or after the show. The staff, to a person, were remarkably friendly and efficient. Would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Great Go-To Pre-Theater PlaceRichKoNYCVIPDined on 10/4/2014I selected this based on the reviews and the proximity to Wicked/Gershwin Theater. My sister and her friends were visiting and part of the weekend was to attend Wicked. I needed a good restaurant in between their hotel and the theater. E&E fit the bill. Service was great, food fantastic and the desserts were sensational. Very limited bar selections in terms of vodkas, but all in all I would go back even if I weren't attending the theater!Special Features:
- insipid, uninspired fooddisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014All food tasted on the prix fixe was either questionable, as the salad and soup, or just tasteless.. Overall despite the efforts of our willing waitress, the total effect is simply coarse. Not for habitual NY diners.
- CharlieBDined on 10/4/2014Good, not great, I realize, while trying to select descriptive phrases from #2. The biscuits, now, they were great. Meat ordered medium arrived lovely, but rare. The beet salad was interesting, attractive and flavorful. The menu lacks diversity and originality, but as promised, there is a variety of grilled entrees- our group had steak, cod and the portobello mushroom. Service attentive until it got crowded. The music was a bit loud. Overall, the food was fresh and tasty, the welcome friendly. With the competition E & E has nearby, however, I am not sure the biscuits and beets would bring me back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, not my entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Service was very good... I have a feeling I ordered the wrong meal... I had the quinoua and portabella mushroom entree... they substituted couscous which had no flavor and they just splashed balsamic over the portabella's... no taste. I actually returned it and they were very good about accommodating me. The beet salad app and my friend's flat iron steak were very good.
- pre theaterElljac1102Dined on 9/30/2014We never heard of E & E ,just took a chance and it was well worht it, Shrimp were gigantic & delicious,my husbsand had pork chop,asked for it pink and got it exactly as ordered. I think there should be more choices for wine by the glass, Our server,Chris was charming and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Place!Jen12Dined on 9/28/2014We decided on E&E Grill based on its proximity to "Wicked," the Partner Discount, and the varied menu. We were NOT disappointed!! We had a party of 6, including our 2 children, and everyone was happy with the food choices. The skirt steak was delicious and the service was fantastic! I've recommended this restaurant to a cousin who is headed to NYC soon with her family!Special Features:
- Before show matinee on SaturdayClizDined on 9/28/2014We arrived early had a bottle of Chardonnay and the best hamburgers ever! Wonderful service! Very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show StoppertynemouthcutieDined on 9/28/2014E&E Grill House is located directly in the theater district and excellent for a no hassle, get to the theater on time, lunch. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The selection of food was varied to make choosing an unexpected delight. We were in for noon and had plenty of time to digest before heading off to the theater for a matinee. Thumbs up for E&E Grill House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted with this restaurantMatthewDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant did not miss a beat. From the service to the different dishes I tried (I had steak, but I sampled my wife and son's selection) to the dessert that my daughter ate on my behalf (but not before I tried it) was excellent. Our family spent five days in New York and this was the best restaurant of the entire trip.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Hanger Steak was excellent, the Tuna Steak was also excellent and the bacon was great!!Special Features:
- Nice Alternative to a SteakhouseEddieMDined on 9/20/2014The grillhouse titles makes them have less selection of cuts but just as much skill in cooking steaks. The added bonus of a side included is a nice touch. The asparagus was huge and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCande66Dined on 9/13/2014The service was excellent , the food was great. Only reason I gave 4 stars was while the ambiance is good , not great. However, not a reason to avoid E&E grill. The location is perfect for a broadway show. Loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in theater districtPKDfoodyVIPDined on 9/9/2014My group of 10 was well taken care of pre theater. Everyone liked their meal and all the food was served together which can be a challenge with a large group. The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone from burgers to fish to light choices. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desertsjohnboi3Dined on 9/6/2014Very small desert selection..mostly chocolate deserts..Food is great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stale lettucebrownlettuce11Dined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed my time at E&E, but, though the food was tasty, I did not appreciate that the lettuce in my salad was somewhat brown around the edges.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Pre-ShowHungryPlaygoerVIPDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant had great food choices and was conveniently located right across from the Broadway theater we were attending. Food was properly prepared, very tasty and service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Great pre-theatre spot.bklyngalVIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried this place because there was 10% off coupon on our print-at-home theatre tickets. It was also convenient to our show. It was a Sunday afternoon and I was pleased to see that there weren't just brunch items to choose from. I had the hangar steak,which was perfectly cooked medium rare. Ditto for my husband's filet. The server was efficient and pleasant and we were done in plenty of time for our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehhh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Second time here. It is good for food before or after your show, but the food is not that great and very overpriced. All the meat we ordered (steaks and burgers) were overcooked. Waiter was always trying to up-sell you. Again the location is great and you know you will get to your show--but that is all this place has going for it. The food used to be so much better.
- Convenient to TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server could not have been more accomodating of my food 'issues' and when we made reservations - the host was incredibly knowledgeable about show times and when we needed to come in to have a leisurely walk to the Walter Kerr Theatre. Food was good. Not creative or unique - but tasty. My one suggestion is that the steak salad on the menu does not mention bacon and I don't eat bacon. It was LOADED with it. Which is great if you eat it......but should be disclosed.Special Features:
- Nice surprise by the Pearl HotelgrandfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ended up having lunch and dinner here. Lunch was very good. Then dinner before seeing The Book of Mormon right across the street. Again, the food was very good and the service was great. Location is what brought us here but we were very pleased with our service and food.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dinnerallenhaDined on 8/29/2014We went here before a show on a Friday night and it was great. The 4 of us each had apps Tuna tartare, mussels, bacon, and a chopped salad. All were great. The bacon was especially good and was a very large portion. For steaks we ordered 2 bone in rib-eyes a NY strip and a filet. All were also excellent and cooked exactly how we liked them. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was great. We skipped desert as we were all quite full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingfamilyVIPDined on 8/26/2014No atmosphere, food not prepared as requested, menu different from one I pulled up on open table.
- Just OkaymaryDined on 8/26/2014We made a reservation for six o'clock for dinner before seeing a play around the corner on a Tuesday night. When we walked in, it felt cold, and there was a faint smell of bug spray. The restaurant was pretty empty, but we were shown to the back to a VERY small table for two. We didn't ask for a bigger table, thinking they would fill up, but only a very few people came, and when we left our ridiculously small table at 7:30, the place was still just about empty, except for the nice booths in front. The food was good--not great--and our waiter was very good, but it was expensive for what it was and we are indifferent about going there again.
- Pre-theater findUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 8/20/2014Very nice food and friendly service in the heart of the theater district. They will get you to your show!Special Features:
- Aftertheshowus2innycDined on 8/17/2014My granddaughter and I loved the Grill. We were in NYC for vacation and looking for a place to go after the Sunday matinee of If/Then. She had the steak and I had a trio of steak, scallops, and shrimp - both served with asparagus. The good was perfect. We also shared a bread pudding dessert, which was good, but not enough ice cream. The service was excellent with our server Rachael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesSusicruiseVIPDined on 8/17/2014Really good food, nice menu selections, gracious and accommodating staff, cozy atmosphere. Great pre-theater. Have dined here for brunch and for dinner and have recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldebbieDined on 8/16/2014Gabby our waitress was outstanding! food came out fast, no waiting. Enjoyed my flat iron steak and mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommenddinersDined on 8/15/2014This is a diamond in the rough! I would definitey go back. E&E had great reviews and is located across the street from theatre, which is nice because you don't have to rush to finish dinner. It was also recommended by a coworker here in michigan. We got seated at our reservation ontime. A nice quiet atmospere. Food was a good portion and a good price, however wine was pricey. Salmon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mlpsfpDined on 8/15/2014Great location across from theater/parking. Service was good. Food hot/tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.