Dynasty - Trump Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Dynasty - Trump Taj Mahal
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trumptaj.com/
- Phone: 6094491000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Joe Chan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: After Enjoying Dynasty Restaurant, be sure to visit Ego Bar and Lounge located on the casino floor in the middle of all of the action. It is all about you, on and off the dance floor. Enjoy our signature drink menu, live entertainment and nightlife that you won't find anywhere else.
A word from Dynasty - Trump Taj Mahal
For an exotic dining experience that exudes opulence, look no further than Dynasty at Trump Taj Mahal. Embark on a culinary trip to the Far East, as you sample Cantonese and Chinese specialties thoughtfully prepared by our chefs. Create your perfect meal from a restaurant menu brimming with ocean fresh sushi and sashimi. Dynasty specialties include whole Peking duck for two, stir fried steak and lobster and spicy sizzling sea bass. For those who prefer to pour over sushi and cocktails at the Bar, the upscale Moon at Dynasty offers specialty libations like the Sake-tini, Mango Mojito and Moon Margarita. Pair your drinks with magnificent sushi creations and you have all the makings of a magical night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dynasty - Trump Taj Mahal reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not bad, but obviously pricy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Not bad, but obviously pricy. We didn't have appetizers and it was around $180 for the four of us. But i think ambience was nice, and food came out fast.Special Features:
- The first time!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012This was my boyfriend and my first time here!!!!! I don't know why we waited so long!!!!This was the best chinese food we had in along time. Our server Elten and Kenny were awesome, we will recommend them the next time we come in. If you want good chinese food The Dynasty is the place to go!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- We love to go to Dynasty becauseKatoeDined on 7/4/2012We love to go to Dynasty because the staff is very attentive and the food is always very good with nice portions.Special Features:
- Good food. Kind of priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/23/2012Good food. Kind of pricey for the portions. The sushi was excellent. The service was quick and friendly.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/9/2012We have been to Dynasty many times and have always had a great meal there. If you like Orange beef it is one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Only issue I really had wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Only issue I really had was that the food was severely over priced and the service is very slowSpecial Features:
- 0ur first time there was wonderful,GrandmadVIPDined on 5/28/20120ur first time there was wonderful, this was the opposite. Waiter never mentioned specials. Food was just ok. Would not go back.
- The reviews are very misleading.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2012The reviews are very misleading. The food was not very good and very overpriced. I've had better at a neighborhood chinese corner store. I wouldn't waste my time or money.
- Service was good and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/25/2012Service was good and the food presentation was nice but a bit bland for my taste.
- Food was good and serversRichardDined on 5/6/2012Food was good and servers were attentive. Prices were a little high, but understandable given the venue in the Trump Taj Mahal.Special Features:
- Service was very good, 2 gentlemenjimofedDined on 4/21/2012Service was very good, 2 gentlemen were at the table every minute asking if everything was good and if we needed anything. The table was nice; but, the lights were so low I had to hold the menu in the walkway to read it (that is were the light was). The food was okay; but I feel it wasn't worth the price: 2 people 2 apps, 2 special dinners, 2 beers and 1 ice tea: Total with tip $190.00. I would say go have and have a good time; but, only go once.Special Features:
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/14/2012Food and service were both superb! Treat yourself to the Peking Duck and plum wine.Special Features:
- Going downhill Very expensiveNAncyDined on 3/31/2012I use to really enjoy this resturant but I didn't like it on Saturday evening. We shared dumplings which were good. I ordered lemon shrimp and the sauce had a metal taste to it. I tasted weird. The shrimp were just ok. I ordered icetea and it had a strange taste to it and I told the waitress at the end of the meal and she offered to bring out new ones but I was ready to leave. I think the food could of been fresher and it was too expensive for Chinese food. I will not go back.
- I don't mind paying top dollarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2012I don't mind paying top dollar for a good meal, but this was just highly-overpriced Chinese food. I paid $100 (meal for 2) for the same thing I can get at my local Chinese take-out place for $20. I'd rather spend $250 at a nice steakhouse where I at least feel like I'm getting value for my dollar.
- Awesome Chinese Food - The best !AJShoeVIPDined on 3/10/2012Awesome Chinese cuisine. Great decor. Always consistent quality. Worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Not going back......OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012Food so-so. Waiter more interested in talking with other staff than serving us.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2012Once again a fabulous dinner with wonderful, attentive service. This restaurant is in my top 5 for Atlantic City if you like sushi and upscale Chinese food. Orange beef was the best I've had.Special Features:
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012Food is okay but overpriced (even for a casino). The delivery the poker players get from the little shop around the corner is better and less than a third of the price. Scallops are way too bland. Our waiter, James, was quite but very attentive.
- The food was awful. VeryDebbieGDined on 2/18/2012The food was awful. Very little flavor and the shrimp tasted old. It had an odd taste. It was supposed to be spicy and wasn't at all. I complained to the waiter who was no help. I would not recommend this restaurant at all. A very poor experience overall.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/18/2012The food was great as always and the service is fantastic. We love going to Dynasty for dinner. They have sushi as well as upscale chinese food so there is always something for everyone.Special Features:
- Our waiter made wonderfulGrandmadVIPDined on 1/20/2012Our waiter made wonderful suggestions for us. Fabulous meal.
- Magnificent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012Dynasty was a wonderful dining experience. The service was amazing, the food was great and the restaurant itself was very nice. Portion size for the entre was perfect and the drinks were almost homemade (good amount of liquor to way I like it) I would definitely recommend Dynasty if you are in Atlantic City!Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD AS ALWAYS......BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2012GOOD FOOD AS ALWAYS......BUT SOME OF THE HELP (THIS TIME) HAD ATTITUD, TERNS ARROUND AND START CURSING OR TULKING IN HIS OWN LANGUISHSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasure at Dynasty.KatoeDined on 12/31/2011Always a pleasure at Dynasty. Service is great. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- Impecable service, the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2011Impecable service, the wait staff was very attentive and informative regarding items on the menu.Special Features:
- The atmosphere at DynastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The atmosphere at Dynasty as well as the service couldn't be beat. However the food was barely above average and sort of over-priced. I would eat there again but not order as much. One entree is sufficient for two people, which is something they don't tell you. Both myself and my date ordered an entree and we both ended up bringing home half of it. Overall a good experience, though.Special Features:
- I ordered vegetable friedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I ordered vegetable fried rice and when it arrived it was steamed white rice with peas and onions. $18. The food was medocre. Service was good and atmosphere was nice. Food was too pricey for what you actually receive.
- Exceptional oriental cuisine,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2011Exceptional oriental cuisine, located in the Taj Mahal. Only drawback is that they are only open on weekends. Luckily, I was in AC on Xmas Day, and they were open. I recommend this restaurant highly; food is always consistently excellent, although some would find it a bit pricey.Special Features:
- The restaurant was not openOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/4/2011The restaurant was not open for the date I reserved.
- Dynasty has always been oneKatoeDined on 11/27/2011Dynasty has always been one of my favorites because of the good food, service and atmosphere.
- Very nice decore'.GreetedRdr525VIPDined on 10/30/2011Very nice decore'.Greeted immediately upon entering and asked if we wanted a table or booth. We took a booth but tables are in more lite part of rest. I guess booths are suppose to be romantic. Servers were very nice. Shrimp w/lobster sauce is as I remember it as a kid. No place, we have found, makes it w/thick sauce. Some use black bean and others are soupy. Enjoyed it very much. Portions are on the small side for appys but tasty. We would definately returnSpecial Features:
- I expected more..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011I enjoyed Dynasty's service and dinner. What I didn't like about Dynasty was the fact that I had left instructions regarding by boyfirends birthday and wanted them to bring out a desert and sing Happy birthday and no one did. That totally brang me liking from excellent to just ok. But over all and vesides that, the restaurant was ok.Special Features:
- Honestly, It was the onlysarcasm28VIPDined on 10/15/2011Honestly, It was the only place in the casino with an open 7:30 reservation. Except for the fried ride, the food was not edible. At least I didn't think so anyway. The others in my group didn't really mind it, but it was definitely not worth the money paid. VERY overpriced, and the appetizer spring rolls were bland and looked freezer burned.
- the ambiance is lovely, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011the ambiance is lovely, the food and service are very good
- The wait staff was exceptionalpebbles1633VIPDined on 9/16/2011The wait staff was exceptional and that is where it ends. We had spicey tuna roll, the tuna was very fatty and the rolls were tasteless. The wonton soup was bland. The cantonese noodles were very disappointing, the dish was very soggy, very little to no vegetables, however, there was plenty of shrimp in the noodles which was nice. It is unfortunate that the food taste and quality falls short, as the atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff and the service truly outshines. I probably would not return to this restaurant and enjoy noodles at the Rim Noodle place which is located directly across from this restaurant.Special Features:
- food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011food was delicious and the waiters were pleasant and attentiveSpecial Features:
- uncertain gradeclaudmonDined on 8/19/2011The decor is ornate but nice, the service good. The food seemed outstanding at first but I didn't end up eating a lot of it. Very rich....fried scallops. My friend said her tofu was tasty but she ended up not eating alot of it either because it was too greasy. The food at Dynasty ended up being a bit of a disappointment because of this. We got a reservation here on a Friday night in August when we couldn't most other places. Maybe this is why. I would, however, give it a second chance.
- Longstanding good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2011I saw reviews suggesting the Dynasty was very expensive but for the nice restaurant it is, two of us ate for about $80, with drinks and a nice appetizer. I have been going there for years and always found this a fine place. Reservations are required, especially on the weekends and it does have a dress code, which is fine with me.Special Features:
- very pretty restaurant...servicesam1Dined on 7/29/2011very pretty restaurant...service was top notch...food a little boring
- I ordered the shrimp wontonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2011I ordered the shrimp wonton soup- the good sized wonton were filled with one or two mini shrimp and mostly ground pork. The ground pork in the wonton was better than the flavorless bits of roast pork floating the soup. For my entree I ordered one of the evening's specials: scallops, shrimp and beef filet with asapargus, green onions, and bits of ginger. The asparagus, ginger, and green onion tasted fresh and melded well with the scallops and shrimp. The beef fillet was disappointing- stringy and tough. The three polite servers assigned to my area did the best they could to address diners' needs, but stretches of time passed before glasses of water were refilled, plates removed and bills delivered.Special Features: