Dylan's Candy Bar
1011 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dylan's Candy Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dylanscandybar.com/
- Phone: 6466198656x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Dylan's Candy Bar
In 2001, Dylan Lauren pioneered creating the world’s largest confectionery emporium and lifestyle brand. Dylan’s Candy Bar has innovated the way we see candy today - and our cafe is no exception. From decadent and delicious sundaes to cool and creative candy cocktails Dylan's Candy Cafe is the sweetest stop on your trip to NYC. Our full service cafe offers sandwiches, salads and kid friendly foods. Stop in during happy hour to try one of our candy cocktail creations. When you make a reservation be sure to inquire about our famous cupcake table seating booths.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dylan's Candy Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (20)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- DisappoinedChrisDined on 9/7/2014I booked a table for dessert through open table- after calling several times to reserve a table and getting voice mails and no call backs. We arrived at the restaurant and were told the reservation did not go through due to a computer outage. They did seat us - we ordered desserts which all came out at different times, but were delicious. I found this restaurant to be very disorganized and would not go again.Special Features:
- kid paradiseJLiketoJamDined on 9/2/2014IF you are not opposed to an overload of sweets once in a while then check out Dylan's. We dined in a purple cupcake booth with a gum ball table. My salad was delicious and the kids loved the pizza and birthday cake sundae. There is a range of candy in the store including a chocolate fountain. We're healthy eaters, but the splurge was worth it.Special Features:
- dear dylan`s candy barJaneebirthdaywishDined on 9/1/2014My kids and I had a great time you guys are a little pryce the food needs a little work but overall my daughter enjoyed her birthday thanku.Special Features:
- What a joke!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014An incredible disappointment! Was in NY for the weekend with 2 other families and it happened to be our daughter's 10 year birthday on Sunday. Spent time prearranging custom candy buckets, custom candy bars, balloons to make it special when we got there for our cafe reservation. We got there and NOTHING had been done, they couldn't find the customized items and the food was embarrassingly awful. Surprised that Dylan Lauren would associate her name with such a crappy place - the space is tired, menus and tables grimy and the staff could care less about a great customer experience. We do high end everything and this is low end - you can do a million other better things in NY!Special Features:
- Nothing special.BittersweetDined on 8/30/2014I was disappointed. I was there years ago, and found it to be a candy fantasyland. But this trip, the store just looked tired. The shelves weren't stocked, and they were out of several sizes in the clothing department. Floors on the first level were worn and dirty looking, and the "candy bar" upstairs was empty on a saturday night. We had the s'mores and they were unremarkable. Plain plates, brought over on a plastic tray. No energy. The service was very good, however, and the candy imbedded in the staircase still impresses. Not a destination, but a nice stop if you happen to be in the area.Special Features:
- You don't go here for the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Let's be frank, you don't go to a famous candy store for lunch. But we planned to go here with our children for lunch and take some bags of candy to go. The service was very slow. The waitstaff was very nice and accommodating - just very slow. It seemed serving customers in the restaurant area was not their priority. Once we got the food, it was just so-so. Again - you don't go to a candy store expecting great food. The chicken tasted like it was re-heated packaged chicken you would get in a frozen food aisle. Again - candy store - not a fine dining establishment. If I could do it over, I would have eaten before I got there. I do have to say the gum ball tables, cupcake booths and candy-themed music were a nice touch.
- Colorful, Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014If you are in the area, stop by and check out Dylan's Candy Bar. On one level it is a huge bulk candy area with everything you can imagine. On the upper level is the cafe and table service area. This area is so colorful and fun you won't want to leave! All the ice cream is home made and delicious. Portions of sundaes are big enough to share. Fun place for kids and adults who are just a "kid" inside, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service Ever! Skip Candy Barjules3Dined on 8/16/2014We had reservations on Saturday, August 16th. Thought it would be fun to stop by for dessert. From the minute we walked in the service was the worst I have ever experienced in all my years of dining. The ambiance is fun, the kids could not wait. We stood by the ice cream bar for ad least 5 minutes and had to ask where to go. No greeting! We were seated, waited forever before our order was taken. The ice cream was served without spoons so we had to fetch someone before it melted then realized we had NO napkins. The fun-do did not come with the ice cream, yet 45 minutes later. HORRIBLE For the price you pay, I would expect kind, on top of it service. Funny thing, it was not even busy. Half the tables were empty.Special Features:
- Candy FUNGoodEatsDined on 8/15/2014It was something different...in a GOOD way! The drinks are tasty and creative. I love the candy theme on the menu. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jenny DOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The store itself was lots if fun for both the kids and myself. The chocolate fountain was a hit!!! There was so much to look at we didn't know where to begin. I was terribly disappointed with both the food and the dessert. Ordered grilled cheese for the kids and it was burnt. Ordered a salad for myself and it was terribly underdressed. Even the ice cream Sunday was awful. The hot fudge was really chocolate syrup and the little piece if cake was totally stale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was good, deserts where vgood! The kids had a fun time especially in the candy store and like the fondue at lunch! The issues was the service, there where 5 people that looked like they worked there but just basically stood around. And one guy that worked there was sitting at the bar eating "subway"! It just felt weird and not appropriate! Plus they never cleaned up one of the tables next to us for like 25 mins!! I made a reservation and told them it was my daughters 6th birthday and nothing!!! That's the whole reason I picked this spot!!! Very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dylan's Candy BarCaramelweezyDined on 8/8/2014I loved the whole candy theme, it's great for the kids. Need to improve the food a little more but overall it was a great fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much Fun!MTVSDDined on 7/26/2014Who knew a candy store also be a dessert and drinks bar. They did a great job making a very fun environment for the whole family. I was there with 10 women, we sat in a cupcake booth. Our waiter was great and very enthusiastic, he enhanced the experience. Don't miss there cold Hot Chocolate. We loved it and for a bonus he added Baleys. We also had a chocolate fondue plate and a banana Nutella pizza. Everything was yummy and lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Dylan's CandyFLOPDined on 7/21/2014I brought my gson to NYC from SL, MO for his 10 birthday to celebrate. Entering Dylan's was friendly. When we went upstairs for lunch we did not feel welcomed. We were met with blank expressions and informed we could not be served because they required reservations. They never asked if I made them. I wanted to walk out. I presented my reservation.It was read and rechecked on the computer. We were accepted in the club, directed to a small table and handed a menu.This is Dylan's Candy! After lunch we ordered HOT fudge sundaes and were served bowls of vanilla ice cream topped with a lot of sorted candies (YUK) whipped cream and a cherry, very little cho sauce, NOT HOT fudge. After digging around the mound of ice cream we left disappointed.
- Dylan's is not just for kids!SourpatchDined on 7/18/2014Cute place. Gives a happy feeling! Love the Bright vibrant colors. A must see if bringing children to manhattan. For older people the selection of candy brings a nostalgic feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert for lunch.JonBDined on 7/5/2014If you want to have a really sweet treat for a snack or dessert or for a meal this is a great spot. As you are walking in your eyes are filled with awe right out of Willy Wonka and the sweet smell is wonderful. Great for an ice cream lunch for the young and the young at heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Dylan's Candy Bar reviews archive.