62 Laight Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dylanprime.com/
- Phone: 2123344783x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3 pm and 4 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 4 pm - 11 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 10 pm
Main Dining Room
Daily from 5:30 pm - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Dylan Prime
Modern American cuisine set in the historical Deitz Lantern Building in TriBeCa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dylan Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (12)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014Table for 6, one guest was told there was no more beer he selected after second one. Steak cooked improperly and our waiter disappeared toward the end so had to flag down a bus boy to get the check.
- Dylan's Back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Awesome!! we were regulars starting back in 2000...moved to CA but always come back to the old haunt whenever in the Big Apple...even stay downtown at DeNiro's place to feel at home...nothing makes it feel more like home than Dylan's...eating at "home" better than everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEatingoutDined on 9/26/2014The food was good, but the service was awful. He could not have been more uninterested in us.It was a Friday night & there were only a couple more tables.Special Features:
- Fiancé birthdayBirthdaySteaksDined on 9/20/2014Dylan's prime was recommended to me by my sister and her husband. I took my fiancé here for his birthday because he loves steak houses. It was a great time and worth every penny! :) Very delicious and tender steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I threw my husband a 50th birthday party dinner on the beach in East Hampton and we invited 30 of our friends and family, so on his actual birthday, I wanted him all to myself and I wanted the dinner to be special. Dylan Prime delivered! The food was outstanding, the restaurant romantic and I can't stop talking about the Grouper and cauliflower side.Special Features:
- New management unsuccessfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I use to love Dylan's. We knew they closed for renovations so we were looking forward to returning. It's two weeks before our wedding and we had friends in town so what a better time to eat their delicious steak. We were very disappointed with the new chef and the lack of patrons on a Saturday night. The steak was dry and our mashed potatoes had no flavor. :( if they don't find a new chef fast, they will go out of business.
- Good food but too noisyOzMomoDined on 8/13/2014Booked dinner for two @7pm on a Wednesday night. Restaurant was half full, not bad for midweek I guess. We got seated in the middle of the restaurant, in a corner booth table - read, we sat 90 degrees to each other, which ought to be great for conversation ... But alas, as the meal got started, all we could hear were the parties all AROUND. Back to the food. I had the pork belly and peaches (cracklings!) and friend had French onion soup (had better). We ordered a 16oz rib eye to share (just right serving size! Waiter was trying to convince us to order a steak each....), with black truffle butter (!!), bearnaise and fries w/ aioli (limp...) & roasted mushroom (ok) Too full for dessert. Food: stick w/ steaks Ambience: try the bar end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, no peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I dined with another couple on a Friday night. Was the first time I had been there in years. Was shocked that we were literally the only people in the dining area. I think they recently reopened the dining room after a renovation. The steak was still great but the sides were too cute as they tried to put a twist on everything that was not necessary. Creamed kale was okay but why no creamed spinach on the menu? The renovations made the dining area feel more low key and I really preferred the old menu and old look. Still was a nice place and among the best filet mignons I have had. For desert the corn cream pudding was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014It was my first time there with my husband and we loved it. We decided to spice it up a bit being that it was our third year anniversary and we really enjoyed ourselves. The service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remodelled but still very good!!!ablegramVIPDined on 7/17/2014This was my first time back since the restaurant reopened with a new look and feel. I like the new look and I am really please that the quality of the food and service remains High!Special Features:
- LemacDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent and I will definitely visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- The following 845 reviews are from the Dylan Prime reviews archive.
- anniversary dinnereatsoutalotDined on 6/21/2014the service was excellent, the staff attentive. the food was fair. no bread was served. the steak was luke warm.
- TerrificJosephVIPDined on 6/12/2014The staff and food were terrific. Wine list was great. Or waiter recommended the 'Prisoner" A terrific cab; Overall a great time with two of my good friends.Special Features:
- TERRIBLEEatwellVIPDined on 5/22/2014This restaurant was truly disappointing all around - food and staff. I had visitors from Asia and it was truly unfortunately that this was their dining experience. A very expensive dinner with very little to like.
- Very DisappointedCaressaandDavidDined on 5/21/2014My husband and I literally just got back from our 6th time dining at Dylan Prime. We had our Wedding Reception there, and have our Wedding Anniversaries there. We have been extremely happy in the past, but tonight, we were very disappointed. Our steaks ($40 each!!!) were very fatty and not cooked to our specifications, we ordered two sides, asparagus and french fries. The french fries were salted with what seemed to be like a pound of salt, and the asparagus (all 8 stems) were overcooked and DRENCHED in some sort of sauce. We have loved this place for so long, and it is our "ritual" for our Anniversary, but after tonight, with the "Ruby Tuesdays" style food served to us, we will no longer be enjoying our Anniversary here. Stay away.
- Sadly DisappointedDrmarymacVIPDined on 5/3/2014Having been to Dylan Prime before I had high expectations for dinner this weekend. When they reopened I was thrilled and booked a table with some friends. However I am sad to say that the food was disappointing- new chef, new menu and the steaks were not even steakhouse quality steaks. They served a charred Caesar salad- I tried it but I couldn't even eat it. They took the fondue appetizer off the menu- what were they thinking- we LOVED that....They told me to order the potatoes aligot that they were close to the fondue- I swear they were just mashed potatoes- I have no idea- I even had to ask are these the potatoes you were talking about? I am sad to say but I don't see myself going back- it's off the list!
- Meat disappointingVicky55Dined on 4/25/2014The filet was not coocked as requested. The quality of the meat let me down. I expected a top quality. Mashed potatos and tiramisù were excellent, the service as well.Special Features:
- terriffic in TribecaFrequentShowDinerVIPDined on 4/8/2014We met friends for Happy Hour and dinner on a Wed. Night. Actually walked to Dylan Prime from the World Trade Center, it was a great! The place is very chic, lively bar and you can't beat the $1 oysters at Happy Hour. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer or more attentive and accommodating. The tables are well spaced so that conversation is easy, even in a crowd, and the private party rooms are really unique. Loved the food, and we sampled lots! Favorite appetizers were the steak tartare and scallops. My NY strip was seasoned and cooked to perfection-the best I've ever had. Two had filet which they loved, and there were more than enough tasty entrees for those who didn't want steak. The grits were amazing as was the lemon dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrostyDined on 4/7/2014I went to Dylan Prime a few years ago and enjoyed the meal so I decided to take my girlfriend there for her birthday. We shared the ribeye for two and another girlfriend got the filet mignon. We were all very disappointed with the quality. Ribeyes are supposed to melt in your mouth....ours tasted like a NY. Strip steak. The filet also was not as tender as it should have been. The bone marrow appetizer had no taste and the spread on the bread was way too salty. The only thing we had that was decent was the pork belly appetizer and that's only if you like fat!
- Dylan Prime delivers the goodsJCrawfordDined on 4/5/2014From the moment we walked through the door, it was a terrific experience. The staff is very polite and accommodating. the menu was extraordinary, the presentation delightful, and the food truly was sensational. We were treated and ate like royalty and the bill was reasonable given the quality and total experience. Wunderbar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak RestaurantRonMDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I had a reservation for 7:00pm on a Friday night in March. We arrived a little early but were able to be seated right away. The wait staff was very attentive and warm rolls and butter were placed on the table soon after we were seated. The waiter, Frank took our drink orders and explained the specials. We both ordered the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. We had side orders of creamed Kale and french fries that were also delicious. The overall experience was outstanding and I would recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:
- On their wayBobKDined on 3/21/2014This was our first visit back since the re opening and overall had a positive experience. The issues for us came down to food (some dishes (duck, polenta) were over salted and the service wasn't as attentive as it had been in the past, but the staff was polite and receptive to our opinions. I feel that given time they will find their footing again and be back on top of their game. Drinks in the bar were amazing esp the stout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steakhouse Meal!MLb154VIPDined on 3/15/2014We celebrated a special occasion at Dylan Prime on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and the service was excellent throughout the meal. We had porterhouse steak for 2 which was plenty for 3 people!. The appetizers were terrific and the sides were unique.Special Features:
- What Happened?!digitaldaveDined on 3/14/2014So first thing to mention is the restaurant decor is very nice, you can tell money was spent on building a nice restaurant. The staff was very friendly, unfortunately the good comments end there. The staff was clueless in giving any useful information on their wine list, they sent over 3 different people to answer a simple question whether a bottle was dry or sweet. When we finally did get a bottle, it was ok but felt over priced for the quality. There wasn't 1 good thing about the food, we ordered a porterhouse for 2 and it was one of the worst. It was chewy and lacked any flavor. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Great dinnerPeterHDined on 3/13/2014We ordered the NY strip which I will highly recommend if you´re a "meatlover". The meat was great and perfectly prepared. Very nice restaurant, outstanding service and lovely surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Restaurant, Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Six of us dined at Dylan Prime on Saturday night. They gave us a round table which was perfect for including everyone in the conversations! The restaurant is charming, and very open by any standards, especially compared to most New York City venues.s Our food was delicious! The steaks were perfectly cooked to everyone's different specifications. Some enjoyed the steaks plain and others tried the Bearnaise sauce, which was especially good! We tried a variety of the salads, onion soup and pasta appetizers. Again, everyone was pleased. The service was perfect as well! We would highly recommend Dylan Prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningChuckVIPDined on 3/5/2014Dylan Primes recently re-design ambiance is very comfortable and appropriate to the Tribeca scene. Drinks, food and service were all superb - particularly enjoyable for quiet romantic conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OracledOracleDined on 2/28/2014Nothing special and too expensive for it. Will close by the end of summer
- Event bettermnotaeDined on 2/27/2014Was a gem before the renovations, but now since it reopened - the new decor, the addtions of the raw bar and many menu items, it's a fantastic place to eat and drink. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved to come here beforeJamesJDined on 2/27/2014I loved to come here before but its even better now, better menu and wine list. It looks better too, gone is the tired look it had before but I never came for the look it was just the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dylan Prime expensive and ordinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014I've been to many of the best steakhouses in New York and was excited to try this one for my birthday. The steak is fine, but does not meet price expectations. There is nothing special or unique about the steak, it cannot compete with top steak houses such as The Palm, Capital Grill, and Wolfgang's. In addition, side items are extremely expensive considering the really small portions that are provided. Moreover, for a restaurant in this price range, I was only given 1 stale dinner roll, when many competitors offer a much greater variety and quantity of bread.Special Features:
- Not bad, but a little slowTastaliciousDined on 2/10/2014The food was good, but it took FOREVER. The apps didnt even all come out at the same time and neither did the entrees. There was like 30 min between apps and entrees....understand steaks need the right timing, but thats an incredibly long time. The people were nice, and food, good, but since we were 1 of 3 tables in restaurant, service should have been faster.Special Features:
- We were regulars at DylanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014We were regulars at Dylan since it opened, and were disappointed when it closed (for what seemed longer than necessary for "renovations") so we were overjoyed at it's re-opening! The new "rustic" look finally makes it LOOK like a steak house (although we liked the decor before, too). If there's ANY criticism, it would be the absence of a few faves from the old menu (Carpetbagger, the fondue, corn potato cakes!) but the new menu is solid, and our steaks were cooked perfectly! Can't wait for them to open for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencemaurburDined on 2/1/2014We had heard great things about the restaurant and were eager to try it. Unfortunately, the food lacked flavor. We had to send one steak back multiple times because the temperature on it was not done correctly. By the time the steak was brought back out for the last time (which took over 30 minutes), the entire party except one person had completed their meal. So that person was forced to eat by themself which made them very uncomfortable. And to make matters worse, the steak was unedible as it had been so overcooked. Very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Food--Very disappointingTaftDined on 1/30/2014Steak was of average quality but highly over-salted. Baked beans mediocre.Special Features:
- Perfectly cookedFunkmeisterDined on 1/18/2014The Filet Mignon was cooked to Perfection - Tender and jucy. The highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice rebootJoeXBVIPDined on 1/17/2014Dylan prime was a very workmanlike hedge fund guy steak house that now is something more. Menu has been retooled and while there is no shortage of excellent steak there is quite a lot else to enjoy. Pleasant, more sophisticated feel and a new attention to the little things.Special Features:
- I used to frequent this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014I used to frequent this place when it was under prior management. I did not care for it this time - but it was small things that just annoy me. The wine was served at room temperature and they seemed unaware that this is improper. Service was not bad but below average. In this neighborhood, I would recommend Wolfgang's Steakhouse right around the corner - much better.
- Can't wait to go backMarkDined on 1/16/2014WOW. The place looks great. Love the new decor. Our waitress knew the menu to a tee. And our food was served all at the righttime. The wait staff knew jus how much and how little to distrub us. That to me make or breaks a place. Treated like royalty. Like I said when I am back in Manhattan I know where I will be eating, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i liked the old DP - but lovenapeague11VIPDined on 12/31/2013i liked the old DP - but love the new one. It's upgraded from a good steak house to an overall high end new American. Still plenty of red meat, but i would come back for the black bass, the bay scallops app, and the pork chop. good desserts if you have any room left. A winner and will carve out a great niche in a strong restaurant areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.