62 Laight Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dylanprime.com/
- Phone: 2123344783x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3 pm and 4 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 4 pm - 11 pm
Main Dining Room
Monday - Satureday from 5:30 pm - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Dylan Prime
Modern American cuisine set in the historical Deitz Lantern Building in TriBeCa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dylan Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- New management unsuccessfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I use to love Dylan's. We knew they closed for renovations so we were looking forward to returning. It's two weeks before our wedding and we had friends in town so what a better time to eat their delicious steak. We were very disappointed with the new chef and the lack of patrons on a Saturday night. The steak was dry and our mashed potatoes had no flavor. :( if they don't find a new chef fast, they will go out of business.
- Good food but too noisyOzMomoDined on 8/13/2014Booked dinner for two @7pm on a Wednesday night. Restaurant was half full, not bad for midweek I guess. We got seated in the middle of the restaurant, in a corner booth table - read, we sat 90 degrees to each other, which ought to be great for conversation ... But alas, as the meal got started, all we could hear were the parties all AROUND. Back to the food. I had the pork belly and peaches (cracklings!) and friend had French onion soup (had better). We ordered a 16oz rib eye to share (just right serving size! Waiter was trying to convince us to order a steak each....), with black truffle butter (!!), bearnaise and fries w/ aioli (limp...) & roasted mushroom (ok) Too full for dessert. Food: stick w/ steaks Ambience: try the bar end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, no peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I dined with another couple on a Friday night. Was the first time I had been there in years. Was shocked that we were literally the only people in the dining area. I think they recently reopened the dining room after a renovation. The steak was still great but the sides were too cute as they tried to put a twist on everything that was not necessary. Creamed kale was okay but why no creamed spinach on the menu? The renovations made the dining area feel more low key and I really preferred the old menu and old look. Still was a nice place and among the best filet mignons I have had. For desert the corn cream pudding was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014It was my first time there with my husband and we loved it. We decided to spice it up a bit being that it was our third year anniversary and we really enjoyed ourselves. The service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LemacDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent and I will definitely visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnereatsoutalotDined on 6/21/2014the service was excellent, the staff attentive. the food was fair. no bread was served. the steak was luke warm.
- TerrificJosephVIPDined on 6/12/2014The staff and food were terrific. Wine list was great. Or waiter recommended the 'Prisoner" A terrific cab; Overall a great time with two of my good friends.Special Features:
- TERRIBLEEatwellVIPDined on 5/22/2014This restaurant was truly disappointing all around - food and staff. I had visitors from Asia and it was truly unfortunately that this was their dining experience. A very expensive dinner with very little to like.
- Very DisappointedCaressaandDavidDined on 5/21/2014My husband and I literally just got back from our 6th time dining at Dylan Prime. We had our Wedding Reception there, and have our Wedding Anniversaries there. We have been extremely happy in the past, but tonight, we were very disappointed. Our steaks ($40 each!!!) were very fatty and not cooked to our specifications, we ordered two sides, asparagus and french fries. The french fries were salted with what seemed to be like a pound of salt, and the asparagus (all 8 stems) were overcooked and DRENCHED in some sort of sauce. We have loved this place for so long, and it is our "ritual" for our Anniversary, but after tonight, with the "Ruby Tuesdays" style food served to us, we will no longer be enjoying our Anniversary here. Stay away.
- The following 841 reviews are from the Dylan Prime reviews archive.
- Sadly DisappointedDrmarymacVIPDined on 5/3/2014Having been to Dylan Prime before I had high expectations for dinner this weekend. When they reopened I was thrilled and booked a table with some friends. However I am sad to say that the food was disappointing- new chef, new menu and the steaks were not even steakhouse quality steaks. They served a charred Caesar salad- I tried it but I couldn't even eat it. They took the fondue appetizer off the menu- what were they thinking- we LOVED that....They told me to order the potatoes aligot that they were close to the fondue- I swear they were just mashed potatoes- I have no idea- I even had to ask are these the potatoes you were talking about? I am sad to say but I don't see myself going back- it's off the list!
- Meat disappointingVicky55Dined on 4/25/2014The filet was not coocked as requested. The quality of the meat let me down. I expected a top quality. Mashed potatos and tiramisù were excellent, the service as well.Special Features:
- terriffic in TribecaFrequentShowDinerVIPDined on 4/8/2014We met friends for Happy Hour and dinner on a Wed. Night. Actually walked to Dylan Prime from the World Trade Center, it was a great! The place is very chic, lively bar and you can't beat the $1 oysters at Happy Hour. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer or more attentive and accommodating. The tables are well spaced so that conversation is easy, even in a crowd, and the private party rooms are really unique. Loved the food, and we sampled lots! Favorite appetizers were the steak tartare and scallops. My NY strip was seasoned and cooked to perfection-the best I've ever had. Two had filet which they loved, and there were more than enough tasty entrees for those who didn't want steak. The grits were amazing as was the lemon dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrostyDined on 4/7/2014I went to Dylan Prime a few years ago and enjoyed the meal so I decided to take my girlfriend there for her birthday. We shared the ribeye for two and another girlfriend got the filet mignon. We were all very disappointed with the quality. Ribeyes are supposed to melt in your mouth....ours tasted like a NY. Strip steak. The filet also was not as tender as it should have been. The bone marrow appetizer had no taste and the spread on the bread was way too salty. The only thing we had that was decent was the pork belly appetizer and that's only if you like fat!
- Dylan Prime delivers the goodsJCrawfordDined on 4/5/2014From the moment we walked through the door, it was a terrific experience. The staff is very polite and accommodating. the menu was extraordinary, the presentation delightful, and the food truly was sensational. We were treated and ate like royalty and the bill was reasonable given the quality and total experience. Wunderbar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak RestaurantRonMDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I had a reservation for 7:00pm on a Friday night in March. We arrived a little early but were able to be seated right away. The wait staff was very attentive and warm rolls and butter were placed on the table soon after we were seated. The waiter, Frank took our drink orders and explained the specials. We both ordered the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. We had side orders of creamed Kale and french fries that were also delicious. The overall experience was outstanding and I would recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:
- On their wayBobKDined on 3/21/2014This was our first visit back since the re opening and overall had a positive experience. The issues for us came down to food (some dishes (duck, polenta) were over salted and the service wasn't as attentive as it had been in the past, but the staff was polite and receptive to our opinions. I feel that given time they will find their footing again and be back on top of their game. Drinks in the bar were amazing esp the stout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steakhouse Meal!MLb154VIPDined on 3/15/2014We celebrated a special occasion at Dylan Prime on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and the service was excellent throughout the meal. We had porterhouse steak for 2 which was plenty for 3 people!. The appetizers were terrific and the sides were unique.Special Features:
- What Happened?!digitaldaveDined on 3/14/2014So first thing to mention is the restaurant decor is very nice, you can tell money was spent on building a nice restaurant. The staff was very friendly, unfortunately the good comments end there. The staff was clueless in giving any useful information on their wine list, they sent over 3 different people to answer a simple question whether a bottle was dry or sweet. When we finally did get a bottle, it was ok but felt over priced for the quality. There wasn't 1 good thing about the food, we ordered a porterhouse for 2 and it was one of the worst. It was chewy and lacked any flavor. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Great dinnerPeterHDined on 3/13/2014We ordered the NY strip which I will highly recommend if you´re a "meatlover". The meat was great and perfectly prepared. Very nice restaurant, outstanding service and lovely surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Restaurant, Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Six of us dined at Dylan Prime on Saturday night. They gave us a round table which was perfect for including everyone in the conversations! The restaurant is charming, and very open by any standards, especially compared to most New York City venues.s Our food was delicious! The steaks were perfectly cooked to everyone's different specifications. Some enjoyed the steaks plain and others tried the Bearnaise sauce, which was especially good! We tried a variety of the salads, onion soup and pasta appetizers. Again, everyone was pleased. The service was perfect as well! We would highly recommend Dylan Prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningChuckVIPDined on 3/5/2014Dylan Primes recently re-design ambiance is very comfortable and appropriate to the Tribeca scene. Drinks, food and service were all superb - particularly enjoyable for quiet romantic conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OracledOracleDined on 2/28/2014Nothing special and too expensive for it. Will close by the end of summer
- Event bettermnotaeDined on 2/27/2014Was a gem before the renovations, but now since it reopened - the new decor, the addtions of the raw bar and many menu items, it's a fantastic place to eat and drink. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved to come here beforeJamesJDined on 2/27/2014I loved to come here before but its even better now, better menu and wine list. It looks better too, gone is the tired look it had before but I never came for the look it was just the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dylan Prime expensive and ordinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014I've been to many of the best steakhouses in New York and was excited to try this one for my birthday. The steak is fine, but does not meet price expectations. There is nothing special or unique about the steak, it cannot compete with top steak houses such as The Palm, Capital Grill, and Wolfgang's. In addition, side items are extremely expensive considering the really small portions that are provided. Moreover, for a restaurant in this price range, I was only given 1 stale dinner roll, when many competitors offer a much greater variety and quantity of bread.Special Features:
- Not bad, but a little slowTastaliciousDined on 2/10/2014The food was good, but it took FOREVER. The apps didnt even all come out at the same time and neither did the entrees. There was like 30 min between apps and entrees....understand steaks need the right timing, but thats an incredibly long time. The people were nice, and food, good, but since we were 1 of 3 tables in restaurant, service should have been faster.Special Features:
- We were regulars at DylanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014We were regulars at Dylan since it opened, and were disappointed when it closed (for what seemed longer than necessary for "renovations") so we were overjoyed at it's re-opening! The new "rustic" look finally makes it LOOK like a steak house (although we liked the decor before, too). If there's ANY criticism, it would be the absence of a few faves from the old menu (Carpetbagger, the fondue, corn potato cakes!) but the new menu is solid, and our steaks were cooked perfectly! Can't wait for them to open for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencemaurburDined on 2/1/2014We had heard great things about the restaurant and were eager to try it. Unfortunately, the food lacked flavor. We had to send one steak back multiple times because the temperature on it was not done correctly. By the time the steak was brought back out for the last time (which took over 30 minutes), the entire party except one person had completed their meal. So that person was forced to eat by themself which made them very uncomfortable. And to make matters worse, the steak was unedible as it had been so overcooked. Very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Food--Very disappointingTaftDined on 1/30/2014Steak was of average quality but highly over-salted. Baked beans mediocre.Special Features:
- Perfectly cookedFunkmeisterDined on 1/18/2014The Filet Mignon was cooked to Perfection - Tender and jucy. The highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice rebootJoeXBVIPDined on 1/17/2014Dylan prime was a very workmanlike hedge fund guy steak house that now is something more. Menu has been retooled and while there is no shortage of excellent steak there is quite a lot else to enjoy. Pleasant, more sophisticated feel and a new attention to the little things.Special Features:
- I used to frequent this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014I used to frequent this place when it was under prior management. I did not care for it this time - but it was small things that just annoy me. The wine was served at room temperature and they seemed unaware that this is improper. Service was not bad but below average. In this neighborhood, I would recommend Wolfgang's Steakhouse right around the corner - much better.
- Can't wait to go backMarkDined on 1/16/2014WOW. The place looks great. Love the new decor. Our waitress knew the menu to a tee. And our food was served all at the righttime. The wait staff knew jus how much and how little to distrub us. That to me make or breaks a place. Treated like royalty. Like I said when I am back in Manhattan I know where I will be eating, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i liked the old DP - but lovenapeague11VIPDined on 12/31/2013i liked the old DP - but love the new one. It's upgraded from a good steak house to an overall high end new American. Still plenty of red meat, but i would come back for the black bass, the bay scallops app, and the pork chop. good desserts if you have any room left. A winner and will carve out a great niche in a strong restaurant areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's back and better than ever...Senator1971VIPDined on 12/21/2013With the on/off re-opening, we began to wonder if our favorite neighborhood steak restaurant would ever re-open. Good news is that it has and while trying to be a little less of a steak place and a little more of everything else, the good news is that the meat is as good as ever, the new styling looks fabulous and the other menu additions can only make it more inclusive for us to go with people who don't like meat. Overall, our local favorite is back and good luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first steak was WAY overcooked.AsimplereviewerDined on 3/30/2013My first steak was WAY overcooked. They obviously tried to correct the mistake but the second steak was a little undercooked for my preferences. I don't understand how a steak restaurant doesn't know how to properly cook a steak... The flavor of the steak however was fantastic and their miniature beef wellington bites were a highlight for sure. The wine room is located right next to the dining area and it is pretty well done. All in all the dinner ended up being okay but with so many other places in New York. I probably will not go back for the steak.Special Features:
- We were looking for a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We were looking for a good steak restaurant in the neighbourhood and indeed the steaks were very good, but the side dishes and presentation hardly the same level. I had the béarnaise sauce on mine, but honestly very far from a real béarnaise. Side dishes (chips, asparagus) not worth any special mention. No effort at all to compose or promote the dishes. The waiter was not so keen on the suggestions and everyone was in a hurry to see us go (They tried to take my son's plate while he was eating). However, the presentation of the dessert was much better. All in all I would recommend it.
- This is one of my top threeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2013This is one of my top three places in the city, and by far top steak house. Service is wonderful and food is amazing.Special Features:
- Wonderful overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2013Wonderful overall experience. The scallops with quail egg and pork belly were excellent, and the truffle beurre blanc sauce was to die for!Special Features:
- Disappointing.ProfessionalReviewVIPDined on 3/23/2013Disappointing. Meat was overcooked and tough. Sides were ordinary. The wine list was inaccurate. We've eaten here before, but I'm not sure well be back.