D'Vine Wine Cafe
14815 Ballantyne Village Way
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
D'Vine Wine Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dvinewinecafe.com/
- Phone: 7043695050
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 1:00pm - 1:00am
Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ashley Wilkes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from D'Vine Wine Cafe
D'Vine Wine Cafe in Ballantyne is a fun place to wine & dine!! Great food, with seasonal specialties, served with a creative flair by Chef Ashley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
D'Vine Wine Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Delicious food and great wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was absolutely delicious! the small seving sizes allowed us to try a couple of different items on the menu - all were extremely tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Our food was delicious and we really enjoyed the wine and the atmosphere. The mussels were so good we are ready to go back for more :)Special Features:
- They keep us coming backCarolindaVIPDined on 8/30/2014D'Vine is the perfect spot for a before- or after-movie bite to eat. The service is always good and we love their small plates.Special Features:
- Awesome Food; Limited MenuChristine1229VIPDined on 8/25/2014Pretty quiet when we went in -- only a few people there. Great location to sit outside and "people watch". Food was excellent. I had the bacon mac & cheese w/ pork skewers. Salad was larger than expected. Loved the food ..wish there were more selections !Special Features:
- Good but music WAY TOO LOUDelitoDined on 8/16/2014We had a great dinner in a wonderful ambiance with an outstanding server, live jazz music in the background. The next singer must have felt like he was in a stadium and was intent on blowing our ears out with his decibel level. The server said this individual has a reputation for being too loud and has refused to 'tone it down'. I understand that the level has to go up from background dining to evening hot spot, but this was way over the top. I was disappointed with management's response which was "look, the people are dancing" therefore the decibel level must be right. People would have been very capable of dancing at half the decibel level. I will not be recommending DVine's again, nor will I entertain the idea of eating there.Special Features:
- Great wine choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014A friend and I went here for a girls night and it was pretty quiet for a Friday night. The wine was delicious but a bit pricey. I expected a more people to be there considering the location in Ballantyne, but it was pretty empty. Food was great but over priced. Service was wonderful, very personable and informative! They had live music later in the evening but the guy didn't even know all the words to the songs- pretty sad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Good FoodDennisVIPDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I decided to eat dinner at D'Vine Wine Café. We typically don't frequent wine bars or cafes inasmuch as she doesn't drink and the food offerings aren't very exciting. We were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014The dinner was amazing! Everything was delicious and fresh from the Grilled Mahi with creamed corn and tomatoes to the fish tacos! The cupcakes for dessert were out of this world. I had the chocolate and my husband had the carrot cake one. The wine list was pretty extensive as well. Sitting outside on a nice day on the outside seating area was an added bonus to a great meal. We love this place and we will come back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014Fantastic restaurant. The food is amazing. The service and ambience is fantastic. They have a great selection of wines and go all out to please customers. Often they will bring you a sample glass of wine - before you purchase. Really nice place - wish we had seen this sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the D'Vine Wine Cafe reviews archive.
- Very NicejpierceDined on 6/6/2014Great Service. friendly atmosphere, great food and wine. And the entertainment was great. What more could you ask for. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to D'VineSouthendSteveDined on 6/5/2014Everything was great.My date was not hungry so we did not eat even though menu looked very good. An unexpected benefit was That we went on 1/2 price bottles of wine Thursday. Had a great bottle of wine for not much $$$ Definately will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine list poor for a wine placeTwoForDinnerDined on 5/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. Service was also excellent. However for a place trying to promote itself as a wine place, the wine list was unremarkable. Most wines were low quality and in the 5-10 retail (stores)
- A good mistakeCarolindaVIPDined on 5/10/2014I accidentally booked D'Vine when I friend recommended another nearby restaurant with a very similar name. What a great mistake that was! We had a great variety of food and loved the small plates so we could sample more. We would go back in a heartbeatSpecial Features:
- Nice Wine BarTwiggyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Wine is always great and a good selection. Food is yummy. We always go and split plates. The Brie appetizer is my favorite!Special Features:
- saturday reviewbettisDined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed the vast list of wines and atmosphere. The entertainment was enjoyable to listen to. The waiter and waitress were friendly but after a little while my friend and I felt like the staff was rushing us to leave. After awhile it became annoying and uncomfortable. However we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesCodyVIPDined on 4/24/2014My husband and I love this restaurant for it's good wine and enjoying a light dinner out on the patio. The menu changes frequently and the dishes are all great! We especially love the Asian beef skewers, white bean bruschetta, apple and brie and the seared Halloumi. Give this place a try, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied!RussellDined on 4/19/2014It is always a pleasure going somewhere that you know will never disappoint. Great food, great drinks and great service, what more is there?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Peju Event!BrookeDined on 4/16/2014We really enjoyed the Peju event and were very pleased that a local venue will now carry their wines. The owner was more than accomodating to our dietary requests and explained sources - clearly this is a passionate place to enjoy great atmosphere, food, and great wines! Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Great little findStationDined on 3/29/2014No complaints at all.... The food was exceptionally good and the wine was great. Make sure to make a reservation because it's a small placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, decent serviceBgorVIPDined on 2/22/2014My girlfriend and I had an average experience using a Travelzoo voucher at D'Vine. The food was average, the service was fairly good, but nothing special. The place seemed to have more emphasis on wine rather than food. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly but lacked seasoning and would have been nice with a crust. Wouldn't go back unless someone else initiated and we were just grabbing wine, and took advantage of their balcony on a sunny day.
- Keywest boundKeywestboundDined on 2/21/2014We found the restaurant food very good and chose it because they have small plates. It gives the group an opportunity to select several different dishes to share.Special Features:
- Valentine SaturdayJackieOVIPDined on 2/15/2014I really enjoy D'Vine. It has a great wine list. The owner is friendly and cares about service. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. It is great for couples and small groups. This is a resturant for adults. The light jazz saxaphone music for Saturday was very appropriate. The roses for the ladies were a nice touch. The chef prepares great food with a good presentation. D'Vine is a neighborhood gem and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The white bean bruschettaGRSmithDined on 2/10/2014The white bean bruschetta is outstanding! Love having some appetizers, a wine flight and listening to music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice evening andSabineRubliDined on 1/25/2014We had a nice evening and very good food- but it is very loud and you have to speak very loud. So not really a romantic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cheese and meat plateGymshoeVIPDined on 1/25/2014The cheese and meat plate was a wonderful way to start our dinner. I really liked the wine flights because I wasn't sure which Malbec I wanted. After sampling good, better, and best it was an easy choice. The mussels were outstanding. Very meaty and a broth that was fantastic.Special Features:
- disappointingSet0121Dined on 1/18/20142 years ago we stumbled on D'vine when looking for a good glass of wine. The wine was excellent and food amazing. The last two trips we have returned, hoping for repeat experiences. Last year was not good...I was served foul mussels. Fortunately, my husband's food was good and the wine was again excellent. This year was a major letdown. One wine in my flight tasted like soap bubbles, I could not find but a few food options without pork & what I was ultimately served had unevenly cooked potatoes. My husband snagged the last of the pork tenderloin but was served the end piece, which was overcooked. Our server was busy with a large party so we ate what we could & left, heading straight across the hall to have a much better meal and experience.
- Great hangout place with liveDCFowler5VIPDined on 1/10/2014Great hangout place with live music. We really enjoyed their appetizer and small plate selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining/drinking spotTraderAlVIPDined on 9/14/2013We wanted to grab a late night meal with a place that had some atmosphere. We chose D'Vine as it had good reviews, had late seating and had Saturday night entertainment until 11:30. It has a nice bar and a good menu. We really liked our waiter and the entertainment was decent. Located right in Ballantyne village on the second floor and had outdoor seating as an option (but then we wouldn't have heard the live entertainment). Great for apps and dinner or just drinks...we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like wine.....dwayneDined on 9/5/2013This restaurant had a very good outdoor setting. You have the surrounding shopping center below you, the beauty of the evening weather and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult to reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013The entree's tasted great, Sadly the serving sizes were VERY small. Think they knew we were on a special, and reduce the servings. Entrees were the size of appetizers. While waiting for our party to arrive, we purchased half glasses of wine. Our meal special included a full glass each, when it arrived it was again the half glass pour. We ordered desserts as we were still hungry from the little portions. We ordered the cobbler. It was the worst cobbler we had ever eaten, a small day old bisquit with a few berries in a very thin sauce, at room temperature, Meal was $150 for what I would call a nice snack, glad we were on a travelzoo deal. Service was so,so. Can't recommend taste gets a high score, but everything else disappoints.
- Hidden GemGatorDined on 8/10/2013Excellent evening at D'Vine Wine Café. Outstanding food, service and ambiance. A definite keeper. So glad we got the Travelzoo for it. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013D'Vine Wine has all the pieces in place for a great night out with friends. The service was outstanding. Our waitress was so knowledgeable about the wines. The menu had something for everyone.. The cheese and charcuterie plates were fabulous. Small plates were a favorite, especially the variety of tacos. We loved the music but it was too loud during dinner. We'll adjust our timing on the next visit.Special Features:
- Nice relaxing eveningJohnDined on 7/6/2013Was referred here by a co-worker. Was looking for a nice, relaxing experience at a place where I could actually talk to my wife, have a nice dinner, and entertainment. We had all 3 and look forward to coming again.Special Features:
- Great food and great ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013Really enjoyed the food with the light menu option as well as the wine offerings were great and live music was fabulous! Will definitely be going back again and bring friends this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was mediocre. MostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013The food was mediocre. Most items were over seasoned and by 8:45pm we tried to order apples and Brie cheese and we were told they were out of it. I expected this to be one of the staples on this tapas menu at a wine bar. On the upside our server was pleasant and always wore a smile.
- The food is not good, lacksQueenGVIPDined on 6/27/2013The food is not good, lacks taste, really small and really overprized (side salad with chicken ~17). The atmosphere is nice and they have a nice wine list! I recommend to go with friends and wine but plan to eat before.Special Features:
- A great wine bar & good food too!JennADined on 6/22/2013This is definitely a wine bar, and the wine was excellent, but the food was very upscale and quite delicious. Our favorite dish was the pork roast with bacon mac-and-cheese. Yum! We were there on a Saturday night, and they had a live music duo. The service was excellent, and they did not rush us. It was a wonderful place to hunker in with a nice bottle, and enjoy true leisure.Special Features:
- This is a nice place to haveOk2divineDined on 6/14/2013This is a nice place to have a glass of wine and relax. Very casual atmosphere. We sat outside. There was a one man band and he was very good. It added a nice touch to the evening. My husband i were not as impressed with the food, but The wines were delicious!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Date!CookiePaulDined on 6/11/2013My boyfriend & I went on an anniversary date to D'Vine Wine Cafe for the first time. It was great! Our waiter was outstanding! He didnt hover, he gave us just enough attention...without constantly bothering us. The restaurant was quiet, and the atmosphere was just right for the occasion. When we first arrived...our waiter greeted us with..."Happy Anniversary!"... that was a nice touch! The food was wonderful...and everything was great. I would recommend this restaurant to any couple planning a nice romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the cozy living roomKatbarDined on 4/26/2013I love the cozy living room feel with the warm lighting. The small plate options is my favorite. The wine list is overwhelming with choices, but understand this is a Wine Bar and there is something for everyone. I have been to D'Vine Wine twice now, and both times following my favorite band, Shannon Lee/Jody Edwards.Special Features: