Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
1435 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.duvalsfreshlocalseafood.com/
- Phone: 9413124001x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Nils Tarantik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you are interested in having your next special event catered, please contact us for more information, we will customize our menu to meet your needs! We can design a perfect menu for your event including any of our entrees, sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts, sides, etc.
Duval"s Fresh. Local. Seafood.
1435 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Entertainment: Watch your food being made without all of the noise of the kitchen on a live feed TV watching the chefs!
- Cross Street: Central and Main
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Located on the north side of Main Street b/w Lemon Ave & 5 Points.
Valet – Available just south of Brooks Brothers on corner of Main St & Lemon Ave & also Lemon Avenue just north of Main St. by Sur La Table. Valet free w/ Duval's stamp. Approx. walking time 1-2 min
Palm Ave Garage- Free parking just north of Main St. on Palm Ave. Approx. walking time 5 min.
Main Street - Free two-hour parking available.
A word from Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
A local eatery with a passion for stunning seafood, creative cocktails, fine wine, and service with style.Continued
Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers.
Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (17)romantic (10)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great remodel!!JoeSVIPDined on 10/21/2014We have now been to Duval's a dozen occasions and are never disappointed - in fact, the quality of food, service and ambiance are 2nd to none in all of Sarasota. The recent renovation has transformed the restaurant to a vibrant, modern establishment. But its the food and service that is always outstanding-the lobster mac and cheese appetizer (thank god we split it) must contain a whole lobster. It is actually better than when we first tasted in in June when it was being auditioned for the regular menu. The tomato soup & bleu cheese is excellent with a price that is unparalleled. When I lamented the fact that the Southern Hospitality dish was no longer on the menu, my server quickly offered to have the chef make it for me! Our go to place!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/18/2014Based on all the reviews we read online, we expected an exceptional choice of seafoods. The menu was interesting but limited, especially in the category of simply prepared fish. The calamari was soggy and the sauce just so-so. they rightly offered to redo it and took it off the check. The crabcakes were overcooked and oily and much more breading than crab. I liked the seafood cobb a lot and the amount of shrimp, crab and lobster on it were decent as it should have been for the price of $24 on a bed of lettuce. The service was overly friendly - kind of cloyingly over-polite. It definitely came across more as a place for drinks and late night eating as there was a separate menu for that. Maybe that menu comes off better.
- Great - well doneMarticoDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed our evening dinner. Pleasant welcome and attentive service complemented by very good food in reasonably-sized portions. We'd go again any time.
- TM2001Dined on 10/11/2014I liked the new decor and the added bar was a plus. The food was delicious, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigalDined on 10/11/2014The menu was limited and not the same one that was shown on the web site. I got the ocean scampi which had shrimp and lobster meat in it but there were 5 tiny pieces of lobster meat and 1 small shrimp for $25.00 which is in my opinion is at least $10.00 overpriced. You will be hard pressed to find much any of that fresh local seafood they talk about. I have been to Duval's in the past but won't waist my time in the future.Special Features:
- 1435 MenuDon943Dined on 10/11/2014Nice remodeling job. Same great food, drinks & exceptional service. Disappointed the 1435 menu was eliminated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andy OwineguyDined on 10/10/2014Josh and staff always do a great job making the experience friendly and relaxing. The new décor is awesome and the bar area takes Duval's to another level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very dissappointed in the foodgourmandDined on 10/10/2014I had the crab and shrimp cakes. there was very little of each seafood in each cake. They were mushy and just teribble. Our server was new and not well trained. We had to ask for bread and water. The new decor is lovely but i would only go back for lunch for theri po boys.gourmanSpecial Features:
- small1234567890Dined on 9/7/2014Food was good but since it was your last day before remolding not much was on the list that we all wanted to eat. But the group was happy with the food they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duvals is Divine!GerriSmilesDined on 9/6/2014Our group of 4 was happily surprised by the excellent food and service that Duvals provides. If you enjoy fresh seafood, there is a wide selection and it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUNRAY/OAKLEYSUNRAYDined on 9/6/2014TYLER IS AN EXCELLENT SERVER. WE LIKE THE PO BOY CHICKEN SANDWICHES. THE GAZPACHO SOUP IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. THE BEER SPECIALS ARE ATTRACTIVE TO RAY. WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RETURN AFTER REMODELING. RAY & ANNE ASHTONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was fair. When I told manager, he took off the price of my meal. Good business sense. We have eaten there many times & this is the first time I had a complaint. Usually the food is very good.
- sleedDined on 8/31/20145 of us went there for dinner on August 31 needless to say service was poor and 3 out of 5 rated the food poor the other two it was ok, we could hardly get our waitress attention to get anything and one of the guest with us was waiting for some things she ordered with her food and she had to get another waiter to get it for her..our first time there and it she was not something we would remember, so I doubt I would recommend this place, Sorry!!!
- Delightful ExperienceNancy1331Dined on 8/29/2014We have dines at Duval's several times and every time the service is outstanding, the variety of food is excellent, the flavors of the appetizers and entrees are delicous, and the wine selection is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant (and I have) to everyone. It is a lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- Dinner at DuvalsAldoDined on 8/23/2014The dinner at Duvals was excellent ! The service was very good and the owner is very personable. Can't wait until they get their full liqueur license . This was my second time there I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very Special DinnerRoseladyDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal at Duval's, a new restaurant for us. From start to finish the waiter and manager were extremely attentive, and the menu had many great choices. I chose to begin my meal with gazpacho and my husband had the special of Fisherman's stew. I had made gazpacho at home 3 nights earlier; believe me, theirs was much better! For entrees I had the grilled seafood platter with an extra lobster tail; his choice was amberjack with the corn/lobster casserole, followed by bread pudding for dessert. Everything was fresh and delicious. I did think the seafood platter, even with the extra lobster tail, was pretty small, but the price probably justified that. Would definitely visit again and bring friends.Special Features:
- Best in Sarasota Main Street!StubijDined on 8/15/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant recommended via opentable. We were welcomed & greeted warmly by our waiter, Tyler, who took us through the specials & menu. We ordered the signature Lobster & Sweetcorn Casserole & Soft Shell Crab Special which were both delicious. We asked about the crab & the chef came out and spoke in depth about it to us. Turned out he had UK origins! The main was the barracuda & seafood sampler which were both amazing, perfectly done. We had the key lime & bread pudding desserts, both really tasty. We came back to snack on burger & casserole again, late the next night! Make sure this one is top of your list if you're in the Sarasota area! Thank you to Tyler & everyone else at Duval's for making us feel extra special!Special Features:
- Awesome Food!JackieDined on 8/2/2014This is a great place to eat! The wine list is great but I think they need a few more selections on the lower price side. I don't think the television showing the kitchen scene does anything for the restaurant. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treat for the Entire PartycarolsueDined on 8/2/2014Four of us found ourselves at Duval's recently -- a new place for all but me. What a find! We ordered four different entrees and each of us was more than pleased. Our waiter, Misha, was as knowledgeable about the fish we ordered as anyone I've encountered. He was attentive and enthusiastic. I understand that Duval's is about to change, but I hope it doesn't become just another downtown bar. The attention now is clearly on the food, and I'd like to see that remain.Special Features:
- Perfect every timelaurieslandVIPDined on 7/17/2014The owners have been making positive changes to an already wonderful restaurant. I respect that they are always thinking of ways to provide diners with a better experience. I thought the management was very generous to extend the Savor Sarasota deal (3-course dinner for $29) well beyond the two weeks observed by the majority of participating restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated but not stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Being rather new to town I let my local lunch guest choose the location. She recommended Duval's as it was "nice, close and quiet" - all good ingredients for a business lunch. It surpassed my expectations. The service was excellent, the food delicious and the setting ideal for a professional meeting. I imagine it would be equally lovely in the evening and for more romantic occasions. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine Duval's in SarasotaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a lovely, leisurely dinner at the divine Duval's, selecting from their Savor Sarasota menu with wine pairings. Excellent fish dishes, perfectly prepared, and superb lobster corn casserole appetizer - not to be missed! On our list of best restaurants for the quality of their food and their service.Special Features:
- Lunch @ Duval's (first visit)NonantosDined on 7/12/2014Attentive and professional staff. All four luncheon meals were of excellent quality: the oyster po'boy was the best I've ever had. Fries were crispy and held their heat throughout the entire meal.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch MenuMrMrsSarasotaDined on 7/5/2014No ordinary food here. They had many choices for lunch, and all four of us chose different items. I had a Caesar salad and a Po Boy sandwich which the menu said Duvals was "famous" for. Don't know how famous they are, buy the food was delicious! My wife said her fish tacos were excellent. Our friends also enjoyed their lunches. The waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. We went on a Saturday and it was not crowded. This was our first time at Duvals. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MammaMiaVIPDined on 7/3/2014I had the fish special of the day, it was fine. Enjoyed the house salad. Not sure if I would return, not because of anything bad just nothing special to draw me back.
- Go to Duval'sSRQfoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014Great food; interesting specials taking advantage of local seafood; Misha-our server very attentive; front end manager checked in appropriately; watching meals being prepared on HD TV very uniqueSpecial Features:
- Good service now even betterlaurieslandVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food here is exceptional, and I introduce new diners here with pride and confidence. The service has always been good, but on my last visit, it was snappier, with runners from the kitchen. I asked to compliment the owner, and he came out to my table with a stopwatch in his hand. He had been standing out of the way, timing the servers' efficiency. That impressed me. I come here often, and every time, I see evidence of the owners' constant attention to providing the best experience possible.Special Features:
- Great lunchEileenVIPDined on 7/2/2014Met a friend for lunch here. Service and food were great.Special Features:
- Best in SarasotaDienverDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I are on a quest to dine on every respectable establishment on Main Street. Not a bucket list item but it's a fun goal. We have found some to be Ok and others slightly of lessor quality. Of the probably 15 or so restaurants we have visited Duval's is so far above the rest I doubt we will find a restaurant that is as outstanding as Duval's. Our waiter (Brandon) was knowledgeable, made excellent recommendations, and tended to our needs without being overly obvious. If you want a wonderful dining experience choose Duval’s. You will not be sorry. Can’t say that about some of the others.Special Features:
- Will visit againSUEESDined on 6/28/2014Friendly, professional service throughout the evening. Great menu but we decided to go for the set 3 course menu ( extended Savour Sarasota $29) with the wine pairing option. ( $15). Excellent choices and good value. All food well presented and tasted good. Will definitely return and try the main menu.Special Features:
- The following 429 reviews are from the Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. reviews archive.
- Very Nice DinnerJIIIDined on 6/22/2014Duval provided exceptional service and excellant seafood selections. Our server was very welcoming and helpful. His suggestions were wonderful and appreciated. We were extremely pleased and would go there again when visiting Sarasota. It was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafooddivindazeDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed the lobster & sweet corn casserole starter, then entrees of scallops rockefeller (Linse and Alex) and a barracuda special (me). Everything was tasty and the service was very good. The wine list is extensive and the ambiance was just right.Special Features:
- Real Gazpacho!DefiniteOpinionsVIPDined on 6/17/2014Best Gazpacho we've had in a LONG time -- chunky, well flavored, not overly salty -- I ordered a cup and wished for a bowl! Service was good and cordial -- the manager actually came by the table and "checked in" with a greeting. Though the wine prices were a bit high by the glass, there were good options. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealeplangDined on 6/14/2014We went to Duval's to sample their Savor Sarasota menu. We appreciated the fact that this special menu was presented to us without having to ask for it. At first the service was baffling. Three different waiters came by promising bread but nothing came. Eventually we learned that the bread was being baked, and it only appeared with our first course. It would have been nice to be told. Eventually a young woman took care of our table and was very efficient and attentive all through the meal. The food was, as usual very good, from the mussels and the lobster and corn casserole to the chocolate and peanut butter delight. All in all we enjoyed our evening at Duval's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceSiestaGuyDined on 6/13/2014Three of us dined with the Savor Sarasota special prix fixe menu. As first time diner, I was pleased with upscale atmosphere and very attentive service. I enjoyed the lobster/corn casserole appetizer, though portion was tiny. My shrimp and grits entree was excellent! I've had other versions of this throughout the South and Duval's tops my list for sure. Another had the chimichurri steak which was very good as well. The flourless chocolate/peanut butter dessert was wonderful too, though portion very small. In all, it was a good experience with excellent food. I will go back and try other options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A calm oasispattycakespoodleDined on 6/11/2014Duval's was a pleasure - and our lovely young waitress (although I am sure she saw "discount dining - e.g. Savor Sarasota) couldn't have been more charming and helpful. The decor is lovely - serene, tasteful and pleasant. Service was excellent. And the food was, of course, "foodie worthy".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duval's New World CaféOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Not my idea of a Caf'e, Duval's is more towards upscale dining. White table cloth, black cloth napkins, good quality table ware, wood salt & pepper grinders on every table, comfortable clean seating, excellent lighting, interesting wall hangings, prints, pictures. Food quality and presentation is impeccable, knowledgeable and very attentive staff that is properly attired. There is a wide screen TV at the back of the restaurant that shows a live video of the kitchen, no sound. Expect to pay around $40 per person with tax and tip, for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of Cajun in SarasotaOldGoatDined on 6/9/2014My wife & I had the best Oyster Po'boy we've ever had in Sarasota. As proud former residents of Louisiana, this was a real treat. Good sea food options, not all with a Cajun twist are available.Special Features:
- ExcellentDfavreVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was very good and the attentive service was even better. We tried Duval's because of Savor Sarasota, but will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duval's good but not greatJBRAUNDined on 6/6/2014The food was good but nothing outstanding - somewhat bland when it came to seasoning. Not sure if that is because it seems to cater to an older crowd. There were definitely a lot of people there (it is SavorSarasota week) and they needed more servers as service was slow. We complained about the service and the manager was very gracious and apologetic as was the server which does go a long way. However, I am not sure I will return based on the fact that there are so many other good restaurants to experience in Sarasota.