Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
1435 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.duvalsfreshlocalseafood.com/
- Phone: (941) 312-4001
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Nils Tarantik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you are interested in having your next special event catered, please contact us for more information, we will customize our menu to meet your needs! We can design a perfect menu for your event including any of our entrees, sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts, sides, etc.
Duval"s Fresh. Local. Seafood.
1435 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Cross Street: Central and Main
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: FREE. LOCAL. SHUTTLE.
Park in one of the covered garages on Palm Ave., Whole Foods Market, or the State Street Garage (when complete). The FLS can accommodate parties up to 9 in a single trip!
Call or text 941-374-3996 with your location, the # in your party, and desired time for pick up, and the FLS will scoop you up and drop you off at Duval’s! There is NO charge for the ride. www.DuvalsFLS.com/Shuttle for more info.
Avail M-F: 11:00am - 2:00pm & 4:30pm - 10:00pm
A word from Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
A local eatery with a passion for stunning seafood, creative cocktails, fine wine, and service with style.Continued
Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers.
Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (25)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (22)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Service spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Both our waitress and the owner were very friendly and helpful wanting to ensure that our dining experience at their restaurant was fantastic. As we left the owner asked us if there was anything they could do to improve their food/service. Calamari was the best we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely love Duvalls!JudeeVIPDined on 11/18/2014Duvalls unique, creative preparations are delicious. Their daily specials are to die for! We have never been disappointed with any of their daily seafood specials. Recently, my husband was hesitant to try barracuda...he took a chance and loved it! I'm not so adventurous, love their flash fried shrimp! Since remodeling recently, they instituted a nice bar menu...can't wait to try! Great atmosphere, knowledgeable & fun servers, Awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatBAPWDined on 11/17/2014First time here. Food was ok, not spectacular. Service started out ok but quickly faded. There was nothing that really screamed come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning remodel!SkeeterDined on 11/10/2014Duval's has a whole new face - it has been stunningly remodelled and has calming cool color tones and decor pleasing to the eye. At our table of 7 persons, all enjoyed her dinner, especially the Triple Tail fish filet baked in parchment and another dish of red pepper pasta with shrimp or chicken; however, the salmon dish was overcooked and tough (but then compensated by the manager). All flavors were delicate and much appreciated of all the other dishes. Don't waste any time to go check it out! I hear the lobster bisque is to die for!Special Features:
- Love the new decorPUptonDined on 11/9/2014I've always enjoyed the food at Duval's, but the ambiance was less than inspiring. Now, it's a WOW! My three friends loved the food and atmosphere. It's a contemporary, sophisticated look, but with a nod to the beach. The food is still superb, and our server was outstanding.Special Features:
- A Gem IndeedReviewerDined on 11/8/2014I visited Duval's several months ago and loved it. Now, with the new décor, it is even better! What a wonderful example of what good food and service is all about. It is one of the best and will certainly be one of my "to go" places. The salmon dish outstanding, our waiter attentive but not obtrusive, and the manager extremely friendly and sensitive to the experiences of his diners. We are very fortunate to have this fine dining venue and I look forward to visiting it frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner very muchSueMcKVIPDined on 11/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much and the fish is very fresh highly recommend and we will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the new decor!ASRQVIPDined on 11/3/2014Fish as always was outstanding. With the new decor, it just takes this already good restaurant to a new level....well done and kudo's to the owners!Special Features:
- Bustling and NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2014Very disappointing after such a positive experience we had in April. The best part of our meal was the Pinot Grigio. Bisque had nice chunks of lobster but no flavor. Our entrees were at best lukewarm, like they had been left too long before serving. The scallops and oysters entree turned out to be "cinders" of oysters. We would have sent these 2items back but it was difficult to get our waiter's attention. Upgrades in the decor have given this small place a brighter, more contemporary feel. But it's too bustling and noisy for us. We are unlikely to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/3/2014fantastic place not to be missed!! always friendly service and freshest ingredients create a stupendous meal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changedConnieDined on 11/2/2014We went to Duval's twice two years ago. We really loved it and we're looking forward to going back. The menu has been completely revised and we found everything we ordered quite good. The seafood was excellent! It was nice to see that they now have a full bar. It was disappointing, however, to see that it has lost its "special" feeling. It was noisy, people too casually dressed...more like you would find in other restaurants down the street. We chose Duval's because of how we remembered it. It was my mother's 88th birthday and we expected a more subdued atmosphere. We could not carry on a conversation until most other patrons left. Our server was new and trying very hard to do a good job, but needs training.Special Features:
- Absolutely OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Duval's new renovation is amazing! The new bar, new menu and everything about this place is phenomenal. I got to go with my wife and parents and we didn't want to leave! The food was tremendous, the drinks were creative and tasty and the service was just as splendid! Congratulations on the new design and bar, thanks for a special evening!Special Features:
- Nice update to a great place!SRQgunsDined on 10/30/2014Great food!!! Seriously, though they tout their seafood specialties, try the candy-pepper-bacon grilled cheese slider app too. You will NOT be upset you did. They just added a full liquor bar too! (Won't dine without one, at least for dinner, so good timing!)Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialJJKJRDined on 10/29/2014I went here the other night. There was nothing about this restaurant that was even mildly exciting. The ambiance of this place was flat, the waiter was poorly engaged, the service was slow even though the restaurant was not crowded and finally the fish I ordered was overcooked. I wish this place well. Maybe they'll make some changes but for now there is nothing about this restaurant that would cause me to come back.
- Lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed the meal very much. The service was especially attentive and friendly. A little noisy because of a birthday party seated near us. The fish is fresh and nicely prepared.Special Features:
- Fresh...DiningDivaDined on 10/25/2014Duval's has gone an extensive renovation and the decor is lovely. The lobster bisque was just right - not too thick - and filled with meaty chunks of lobster. The haddock dish was delicious; haddock wrapped around crab and served on cooked spinach and a bed of rice. The service was attentive, but it is always slightly disappointing when there is a special request, in this case my husband requested that the spinach be left off his dish, the server diligently noted the request, but, it came out with spinach. Unless all dishes are plated waiting for orders, this should not have been a difficult request to fill. But, otherwise, everything was very good.Special Features:
- Libra13Libra13VIPDined on 10/24/2014The makeover looks wonderful - can't believe it is the same restaurant. Our dinners were cooked perfectly. Look forward to returning for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great remodel!!JoeSVIPDined on 10/21/2014We have now been to Duval's a dozen occasions and are never disappointed - in fact, the quality of food, service and ambiance are 2nd to none in all of Sarasota. The recent renovation has transformed the restaurant to a vibrant, modern establishment. But its the food and service that is always outstanding-the lobster mac and cheese appetizer (thank god we split it) must contain a whole lobster. It is actually better than when we first tasted in in June when it was being auditioned for the regular menu. The tomato soup & bleu cheese is excellent with a price that is unparalleled. When I lamented the fact that the Southern Hospitality dish was no longer on the menu, my server quickly offered to have the chef make it for me! Our go to place!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/18/2014Based on all the reviews we read online, we expected an exceptional choice of seafoods. The menu was interesting but limited, especially in the category of simply prepared fish. The calamari was soggy and the sauce just so-so. they rightly offered to redo it and took it off the check. The crabcakes were overcooked and oily and much more breading than crab. I liked the seafood cobb a lot and the amount of shrimp, crab and lobster on it were decent as it should have been for the price of $24 on a bed of lettuce. The service was overly friendly - kind of cloyingly over-polite. It definitely came across more as a place for drinks and late night eating as there was a separate menu for that. Maybe that menu comes off better.
- Great - well doneMarticoDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed our evening dinner. Pleasant welcome and attentive service complemented by very good food in reasonably-sized portions. We'd go again any time.
- TM2001Dined on 10/11/2014I liked the new decor and the added bar was a plus. The food was delicious, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigalDined on 10/11/2014The menu was limited and not the same one that was shown on the web site. I got the ocean scampi which had shrimp and lobster meat in it but there were 5 tiny pieces of lobster meat and 1 small shrimp for $25.00 which is in my opinion is at least $10.00 overpriced. You will be hard pressed to find much any of that fresh local seafood they talk about. I have been to Duval's in the past but won't waist my time in the future.Special Features:
- 1435 MenuDon943Dined on 10/11/2014Nice remodeling job. Same great food, drinks & exceptional service. Disappointed the 1435 menu was eliminated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andy OwineguyDined on 10/10/2014Josh and staff always do a great job making the experience friendly and relaxing. The new décor is awesome and the bar area takes Duval's to another level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very dissappointed in the foodgourmandDined on 10/10/2014I had the crab and shrimp cakes. there was very little of each seafood in each cake. They were mushy and just teribble. Our server was new and not well trained. We had to ask for bread and water. The new decor is lovely but i would only go back for lunch for theri po boys.gourmanSpecial Features:
- small1234567890Dined on 9/7/2014Food was good but since it was your last day before remolding not much was on the list that we all wanted to eat. But the group was happy with the food they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duvals is Divine!GerriSmilesDined on 9/6/2014Our group of 4 was happily surprised by the excellent food and service that Duvals provides. If you enjoy fresh seafood, there is a wide selection and it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUNRAY/OAKLEYSUNRAYDined on 9/6/2014TYLER IS AN EXCELLENT SERVER. WE LIKE THE PO BOY CHICKEN SANDWICHES. THE GAZPACHO SOUP IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. THE BEER SPECIALS ARE ATTRACTIVE TO RAY. WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RETURN AFTER REMODELING. RAY & ANNE ASHTONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was fair. When I told manager, he took off the price of my meal. Good business sense. We have eaten there many times & this is the first time I had a complaint. Usually the food is very good.
- sleedDined on 8/31/20145 of us went there for dinner on August 31 needless to say service was poor and 3 out of 5 rated the food poor the other two it was ok, we could hardly get our waitress attention to get anything and one of the guest with us was waiting for some things she ordered with her food and she had to get another waiter to get it for her..our first time there and it she was not something we would remember, so I doubt I would recommend this place, Sorry!!!
- Delightful ExperienceNancy1331Dined on 8/29/2014We have dines at Duval's several times and every time the service is outstanding, the variety of food is excellent, the flavors of the appetizers and entrees are delicous, and the wine selection is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant (and I have) to everyone. It is a lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- Dinner at DuvalsAldoDined on 8/23/2014The dinner at Duvals was excellent ! The service was very good and the owner is very personable. Can't wait until they get their full liqueur license . This was my second time there I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very Special DinnerRoseladyDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal at Duval's, a new restaurant for us. From start to finish the waiter and manager were extremely attentive, and the menu had many great choices. I chose to begin my meal with gazpacho and my husband had the special of Fisherman's stew. I had made gazpacho at home 3 nights earlier; believe me, theirs was much better! For entrees I had the grilled seafood platter with an extra lobster tail; his choice was amberjack with the corn/lobster casserole, followed by bread pudding for dessert. Everything was fresh and delicious. I did think the seafood platter, even with the extra lobster tail, was pretty small, but the price probably justified that. Would definitely visit again and bring friends.Special Features:
- Best in Sarasota Main Street!StubijDined on 8/15/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant recommended via opentable. We were welcomed & greeted warmly by our waiter, Tyler, who took us through the specials & menu. We ordered the signature Lobster & Sweetcorn Casserole & Soft Shell Crab Special which were both delicious. We asked about the crab & the chef came out and spoke in depth about it to us. Turned out he had UK origins! The main was the barracuda & seafood sampler which were both amazing, perfectly done. We had the key lime & bread pudding desserts, both really tasty. We came back to snack on burger & casserole again, late the next night! Make sure this one is top of your list if you're in the Sarasota area! Thank you to Tyler & everyone else at Duval's for making us feel extra special!Special Features:
- Awesome Food!JackieDined on 8/2/2014This is a great place to eat! The wine list is great but I think they need a few more selections on the lower price side. I don't think the television showing the kitchen scene does anything for the restaurant. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treat for the Entire PartycarolsueDined on 8/2/2014Four of us found ourselves at Duval's recently -- a new place for all but me. What a find! We ordered four different entrees and each of us was more than pleased. Our waiter, Misha, was as knowledgeable about the fish we ordered as anyone I've encountered. He was attentive and enthusiastic. I understand that Duval's is about to change, but I hope it doesn't become just another downtown bar. The attention now is clearly on the food, and I'd like to see that remain.Special Features:
- The following 440 reviews are from the Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. reviews archive.
- Perfect every timelaurieslandVIPDined on 7/17/2014The owners have been making positive changes to an already wonderful restaurant. I respect that they are always thinking of ways to provide diners with a better experience. I thought the management was very generous to extend the Savor Sarasota deal (3-course dinner for $29) well beyond the two weeks observed by the majority of participating restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated but not stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Being rather new to town I let my local lunch guest choose the location. She recommended Duval's as it was "nice, close and quiet" - all good ingredients for a business lunch. It surpassed my expectations. The service was excellent, the food delicious and the setting ideal for a professional meeting. I imagine it would be equally lovely in the evening and for more romantic occasions. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine Duval's in SarasotaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a lovely, leisurely dinner at the divine Duval's, selecting from their Savor Sarasota menu with wine pairings. Excellent fish dishes, perfectly prepared, and superb lobster corn casserole appetizer - not to be missed! On our list of best restaurants for the quality of their food and their service.Special Features:
- Lunch @ Duval's (first visit)NonantosDined on 7/12/2014Attentive and professional staff. All four luncheon meals were of excellent quality: the oyster po'boy was the best I've ever had. Fries were crispy and held their heat throughout the entire meal.Special Features: