Dusty's Wine Bar
1839 Grand River Ave
Okemos, MI 48864Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dusty's Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dustyscellar.com/
- Phone: 5173498680x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 Days & 7 Nights Monday thru Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Cronin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dusty's Tuscan, Napa and Bordeaux Rooms seat 6 to 44 guests and are elegant rooms for wedding celebrations, showers, birthday & anniversary parties. Comfortable and quiet for business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Gillett or Billy Shreck 5173498680x
A word from Dusty's Wine Bar
Dusty's Wine Bar is nationally recognized for its Contemporary American cuisine with a New World flair. Try our Seared Wild Alaskan King Salmon Filet with olive Tapenade and Lemon Oil over Creamy Truffled Grits or enjoy a 14 oz. Grilled Prime Grade NY Strip with Roasted Garlic Butter over Fresh Goat Cheese Potato Mash. select from 30 wines by the glass, enjoy a wine or scotch flight. Dusty's granite bar top is a wonderful accent to our casual bistro. Tables were hand-made from French wine crates, booth and chair seating is available. Dusty's Wine Bar offers many Tapas and daily specials. We are committed to providing the Lansing area with the Finest meats and Freshest seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Dusty's Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Lansing ›
Dusty's Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Lunch is So-SoRabidenDined on 10/15/2014I used to LOVE having lunch at Dusty's. Now it's only dinner that I will be going there for. They've revamped their lunch menu and it isn't as fabulous as it once was. The food, during the lunch hour, is just "okay". I used to RAVE about it. Now, I will only rave about their dinner menu/ambiance/service (although Server was good). I walked in w/reservations that I made via OPENTABLE app and there was NO one to greet us upon walking in. It just has lost that "special" feel to it that it once had (in my eyes, anyway) during the day. I can honestly say, only the evening hours does it feel 'special' any more. This is not the 1st lunch that I've experienced this but it IS my last. Only dinner from now on.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureMidMichiganTravelerDined on 10/10/2014Wish we had made note of our server's name because she made our evening especially nice. She helped my decision in selecting the chef's red snapper offering - delicious! My husband's rack of lamp was perfect. Dusty's always provides a treat in presentation and taste.Special Features:
- Great place to dine!LLGrabDined on 10/4/2014We like to go here at least once a year. The food is always good and the wine list is amazing.Special Features:
- AmazingAshenPanicDined on 8/25/2014Me and my girlfriend of one year went here on our anniversary and it was simply magnificent. The food was delicious and the ambiance was romantic and just the right amount of lighting. The food is a little on the pricy side so I do only recommend going to Dusty's for a special occasion, but when you do, you won't regret it. (And may I recommend the 10oz Pork Rib Chop. Ughhh so good)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place....not a gem.NstraviaDined on 8/23/2014Ordered the pork tenderloin and it was badly under cooked. Had to get something else. Manager came by and apologized, which was a good follow-up. We were given a free dessert. So, the right things were done to correct the situation. Our Waitress tended to 'get lost' too much. Twice, when we asked for just a couple more minutes to decide on a wine and then a menu item, she disappeared for about 20 minutes each time. That's too long. I think that the food prices are a bit high for the quality of the food. I've been to equal or nicer places for a bit less money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkemosianDined on 8/22/2014We ate on the enclosed area overlooking the parking lot. Despite the lack of view, it was fun watching the people come and go. The food and wine was uniformly good. The menu seems to be changing with more inventive food as choices. Unfortunately, some of my favorite small "tapas" are no longer available and they are now called appetizers. I previously would have two of those as a dinner with a small salad. This time I had pork rib chop and my wife had the white fish. They were both very good, but the portion size was much larger than we wanted. The service was somewhat slow, but we were not in a hurry so that was not a problem.Special Features:
- DedeeVIPDined on 8/19/2014The romaine wedge salad was excellent - right size portion, well presented and delicious. And the same was true of my shrimp and grits with tasso sauce. By far the most interesting place I found in East Lansing!!! I will come back here every time I'm in Lansing.Special Features:
- Fantastic service and food!bigdave0017Dined on 8/15/2014Dusty's really went above and beyond to help make my special evening a night to remember. Their food was, as always, incredible, but their service was spectacular. I could not reccomend Dusty's more for anyone who wants to have a romantic and culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, amazing food!WadeDined on 8/7/2014We went for my wife's birthday, the food was second to none. Our waitress was friendly and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDustysDined on 8/2/2014Overall the food and service at Dusty's is very good. A bit pricy but overall good. Decent wine list.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningRudolphDined on 7/29/2014Having dined at Dusty's before, I knew it would be a great evening with great food. So, when a friend from out of town was visiting, I knew it would be the perfect place. Amazing food. Wonderful service (thank you, Zach!), and a wonderful place to have a quiet dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Much BetterfregonaaDined on 7/28/2014I was a little hesitant to make another reservation after my last disappointment dining here, but I must say it was much better this time around. More like the first time I enjoyed this restaurant. My family and I enjoyed a nice birthday dinner here for my parents. We split a few appetizers. I had the rack of lamb for dinner which was quite delicious. Everyone else enjoyed their entrees as well. My mother and I split the volcano dessert which was excellent. I liked the wine I had at dinner so much that I purchased the bottle afterwards at the wine shop. It was a full house which was nice to see on a Monday evening. I think that service was better paced since it was a Monday, so I will keep that in mind the next time I come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dusty's needs a refreshmlvdjvdDined on 7/13/2014My husband and I had our first date here 25 years ago. We've gone back a number of times since, and this last time (for dinner) was so-so. The staff was friendly but they rushed us through dinner. My entree arrived while I was still eating my salad, and the server just put it on the table! The whole atmosphere of the restaurant feels dark and a bit tired, not as romantic as I remembered it. Our wine was okay. Overall the menu feels heavy, with several pasta dishes, although my vegetarian option (grilled eggplant with risotto) was very good. Our tiramisu dessert had clearly been prepared well in advance and was served in an ice cream dish. We are fond of this place for nostalgic reasons, but otherwise I would not recommend it.Special Features:
- Foodie25Dined on 7/10/2014The food was wonderful! Everything was delicious. My only complaint is that the service was very slow. We had been seated for 10-15 minutes before our server even acknowledged us and the whole dinner process took about 2 hours. Much too long for a weeknight. I will be back but I hope the service improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Dusty's Wine Bar reviews archive.
- SeminoleSeminoleDined on 6/21/2014As usual everything was really good. Food is excellent and the staff is very professional.Special Features:
- LetdownfregonaaDined on 6/21/2014I've been to Dusty's once before with my parents and enjoyed it so much that I made another reservation with my grandparents. Unfortunately, this time around was a little less pleasant than the first time I visited. The whole experience felt rushed. We hardly had time to enjoy our food as they cleared our plates the moment we were finished and they took away the bread before we were through. My grandma and I had the Thai penne pasta and had asked the waitress if it was spicy and she said it was more sweet than spicy. We both felt it was more spicy than sweet. It was not our favorite dish. My salad before the entree was very good. My grandfather liked his entree. Although I was let down, I will most likely give Dusty's another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dinner!RabidenDined on 6/4/2014Dusty's is my FAVORITE place to eat, drink in this area. However, they changed their lunch menu and it was not good. I used to love eating lunch, dinner. Now I'll just stick to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousGreatExperienceVIPDined on 5/21/2014Dusty's is more than a restaurant; it is an institution. The care in sourcing and preparation is excellent. The wine list is excellent. I loved the Chateau Fontaine wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nonchain excellent mealAndyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Dusty is a great restaurant. The wine list is amazing and they have a store where they sell all if their wine so if you want to take any home with you. The food was outstanding as always. We had the beef tournedos and Mahi Mahi. Cooked to perfection and very tastey. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place for us!kathrynsDined on 5/3/2014We had a family celebration and it was a great place for it! Food and menu were great!Special Features:
- Always great foodSpartyKDined on 4/16/2014Love their menu -Can't go wrong with anything you order, always delicious!Special Features:
- Twice and outcaptzeroDined on 4/15/2014I have eaten here twice over two years. The food remains overrated, especially at Dusty's prices. The poorly prepared fatty duck breast was not worth $27 a copy, more resembling something served at an average chain restaurant at half the price.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Dined here recently with my wife for first time to try brunch. My wife ordered a classic eggs benedict & I got heuvos rancheros. My fried eggs were cooked fine but my wife's "poached" eggs were cooked to a hard boil. We tried to mention it to the waitress but she never followed up with us to see how the food was until we were nearly finished. My wife did not eat the improperly cooked egg and I showed the waitress what it looked like. She was clueless and looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. The mini muffins served were good but when we asked the waitress what kind they were she just said that they varied and she didn't know. Based on this experience I doubt we will not atempt to try dinner.
- GemObieDined on 4/4/2014Great evening once again. Dinner was super and the service outstanding. Don't miss the chance for a great evening....visit soon!Special Features:
- Disappointeddoggiebags4leoDined on 3/7/2014We were celebrating my birthday and decided on Dusty's because it was close and we had heard good things about the restaurant. It was our first time to dine in the wine bar and unfortunately our last. The service was good but the food lacked flavor and my husbands fish was cold. For the price we were expecting so much more. We will continue to go to the Tap Room for the fun atmosphere and good food.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2014What a neighborhood gem. The atmosphere and food are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dusty's Continues a Tradition ofJimCDined on 3/5/2014Excellence The restaurant has been repainted, the patio has been made almost 4 season. The food ontinues to impress, and the waitstaff is better than most. Good value, good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerAndyVIPDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went to two nice restaurants this weekend. Dustys blew the other restaurant out of the water. The grouper special and beef tournedos were to die for. The wine list, longer than the menu. In a good way though. Go check it out if you haven't been there. If you have go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment this time aroundAdriDined on 2/16/2014Typically we love Dusty's Wine Bar. This time we were met with slow service, over seasoned and over cooked food, and poor food quality. Not what we have previously experienced from Dusty's in previous visits. While our waitress was courteous she was overwhelmed with two large parties and our table during a weekend night. and the food she delivered was less than desirable and turned out by the kitchen slow. In addition, the restroom was in less than satisfactory condition with fruit flies and a constantly running commode. It will be a while before we gamble again at this restaurant.Special Features:
- great food, great servicequincyhDined on 2/15/2014Wife and I had a very relaxing enjoyable dinner at Dusty's. We really liked that we did not feel rushed through our meal. Appetizer, salad, main course were all brought out at just the right time. The food was very good and the atmosphere relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ExpectationsfregonaaDined on 1/31/2014I wanted to go somewhere nice for my birthday, but the restaurants I knew of in the area weren't up to par. I found this restaurant on OpenTable and decided to try it. We had no expectations, but it turned out to be a great surprise. We were all happy with our meals. I had the Hanger Steak which was just what I wanted. My cocktail was very good. My father was impressed with the wine list and thought the prices were definitely reasonable. He would know since, he works with wines at a country club. We really liked the ambience of the place and service was very good. I will definitely try it again and even visit their bakery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice EveningJohnAndErinDined on 1/28/2014Food delicious and well-prepared. Excellent red snapper special. Service tonight was fantastic--professional but warm and engaging. My daughter and I make a trip to Dusty's every year now that she is too old to attend the Daddy/Daughter dance. She appreciates the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very good foodWineanddinersDined on 1/23/2014My girlfriend and I dined here for her birthday on Thursday night. Our server was a very nice guy. We ordered a bottle of wine to celebrate the occasion. Our server was trying but didn't know how to do wine service-- we thought that was kind of strange for a wine bar. The appetizer was a fried goat cheese ball with some honey dijon dressing which tasted pretty good. The filet tasted awesome! The beef tournedos were also very tender but came with some avocado sauce that tasted really sour. We decided to skip the dessert because of birthday cake at home but they still brought over a nice brownie treat for the special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HeatherDined on 1/11/2014Second time going to Dusty's and I enjoyed it as much the first time as I did the second time. So many choices on wine thank goodness they have flights to help you pick a favorite. The food is excellent and the atmosphere quiet and relaxed. Look forward to my next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outZingDined on 12/20/2013We were celebrating our annual Christmas dinner with friends and had a wonderful dinner at Dusty's. Our friends had never been there and were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AlexDined on 12/16/2013I had a fantastic business meeting. Service was great and food was excellent!Special Features:
- Dinner & PlayJackson4Dined on 12/14/2013Dusty's is a favorite destination of our's when we are going to the Wharton Center to see a play. This time we took friends of our's for their first time to Dusty's. They really liked it and said they'd return. We all had a different dish and everyone enjoyed their entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!RabidenDined on 12/10/2013Dusty's Cellar has yet to disappoint me. Whether I'm on a romantic date or treating a friend to lunch or having dinner w/my adult children, it always delivers exceptional service AND food! Their wine list is really good!!! As I've mentioned, I've yet to be disappointed. Good stuff!Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerArtemisiADined on 11/26/2013I've eaten at Dusty's Cellar many times for both lunch and dinner and the experience has ranged from good to outstanding---this evening it was terrific, from the opening lobster fritters through salads and entrees, with the usual excellent wine (this time by the glass, plenty of good choices). It's especially nice to enjoy dishes which feature regional ingredients like cherries and whitefish. Hint to light eaters: Dusty's portions are American Midwestern (generously sized) and some food combinations can be 'too much of a good thing', but they are happy to provide 'doggy bags' in recyclable containers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotPaddyDined on 11/23/2013Friendly staff, great food and an impeccable wine selection set in a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Always a good spot for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.