180 N Smith St
Palatine, IL 60067Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.durtynellies.com/
- Phone: 8473589150
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian, Irish
- Executive Chef: David Kile
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Bridget Brennan 8473589150x24
A word from Durty Nellie's
Durty Nellie's has been a friendly, neighborhood tavern since 1972. The "bigger and better" Durty Nellie's at 180 N. Smith Street opened its doors on December 19, 2003 and has since become the top live music venue in the Chicago Suburban area. Durty Nellie's has welcomed rock legends such as Violent Femmes, Saliva, Cracker, Johnny Winter, David Allan Coe, Firehouse, Filter, Jonas Brothers, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Local H, Poi Dog Pondering, Vertical Horizon and many more. Durty Nellie's is also a home stage to local bands and popular events. In addition to being a noted music venue, Durty Nellie's is a great place to have dinner before a show, host an event or have a casual night out in our Pub. Durty Nellie's is the host of events annually such as our "famous" week long St. Patrick's Day events, 12 Beers of Christmas, Beer Fest and many more. Durty Nellie's is also known for the most extensive beer selection in the area. We serve over 150 beers from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Durty Nellie's reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great PlaceGreatPlaceDined on 5/30/2014Durty Nellie's is a great overall place to go to! Food and drinks are great and there is always something going on.Special Features:
- As ExpectedDanGVIPDined on 5/19/2014Food was good not great, about what you would expect for this setting. Will probably be back given the convenient location to Palatine Metra station & downtown. Next time for outdoor seating which should cut down on noise level too.
- Mother's Day DinnerBarbVIPDined on 5/11/2014We stopped by for a Mother's Day dinner. We love the food…my personal favorite is the Pot 'O Gold Burger. Had a great time with the family and had a great dinner. Love Nellies…..Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Durty Nellie's reviews archive.
- Don't expect anything fresh hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Durty Nellies had a lot of potential, but the food was really, really bad. I could have made frozen food that would have tasted better. The place has a great beer list, awesome venue and overall cool ambiance. I was really disappointed.
- First time will be backslou1124Dined on 4/25/2014Place was buried and short staffed. Didn't really matter as the owner, Mark, kept filling in for our waiter getting us drinks and taking our appetizer order. Wait staff finally got in sync, our waiter very nice and very apologetic took very good care of us after that. Food came quickly, but not rushed, quality was very good. It's pub food so I can't really wax poetic about it but it was very flavorful, warm where it should be warm cool where it should be cool, nothing to complain about at all. As noted above this was our first time to the establishment, it will not be our last. Nice outside seating area which is in the evening shade. Looking forward to sitting there this summer. If this summer ever gets here.Special Features:
- St. Patty's with Kids!CarrieDined on 3/16/2014Durty Nellie's was a great place to go to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with our 2 year old. Still a fun bar atmosphere, but appropriate during the day/early evening for the little ones. He loved the noise and all of the tv's all over. The Shephard's Pie was absolutely FANTASTIC! And the cook was flexible with our little guy's soy allergy, even though they had their limited menu for the holiday. Great time...we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Had a great time! the 17-piece band filled the stage! Great way to celebrate a birthday. I reserved a table online and had no problems at the door! Food was outstanding! Lots of vegetable options for those that aren't a fan of meat... Great staff, great location, great entertainment!! I'll be back soon! Definitely will refer you guys!! ~kristenSpecial Features:
- Girl's Night at NelliesMomlove4Dined on 2/22/2014We had a GREAT night at Nellie's. The food was awesome (they have great vegetarian options). The service was FANTASTIC too! I have dined here before and will continue to keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I love Durty Nellies for bands but was not at all impressed with the food.I was quite disappointing. For the amount we paid which I feel was very expensive for food that was not very good. Also, it took an extremely long time to even order any food because the waiter was so busy we hardly seen him the entire night. We had a big party and asked the waiter to split the bill which he said was fine but we got one bill at the end of the night anyways which was really aggravating. I was also not happy we had to pay cover at 8:00 for dinner when the band didn't start until almost 11 and most of my party had left by then so they payed for nothing. I was very dissapointed all around.Special Features:
- Nellies ExperiencehappydinerDined on 2/15/2014The food will keep you coming back! Small but great menu with daily specials. Friendly service. Owner always checks on you and is very good about honoring special requests if he can. Price very reasonable. Great selection of beers. Can be a little noisy on band nights especially on the upper floor. Enjoy!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeDoreenDined on 2/14/2014We went to this bar for a concert with a teenager. I really like the vibe of this place. Would come back again.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014It was a real good time with friends and family my 21st birthday Everybody was buying me drinks even people I diden't know it was a blast I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for adultsKrisDined on 1/18/2014I had my birthday dinner here with my girls and we stuck around for the show. The food was amazing and the bartenders were extremely attentive. I have always loved Nellie's!Special Features:
- Very Good Lunch and the hotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013Very Good Lunch and the hot chocolate was very good.Special Features:
- Forget downtown!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013We live in Norridge. I hate driving in to downtown much less paying for parking! And commuting on the bus is terrible....This was a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartendersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013The rudest bar tenders I have ever seen. The staff there is unorganized and seem dumbfounded most of the time
- Great FindEarly2BedDined on 11/7/2013Drawn here by a favorite band playing there. Food was great. Generous portions. Thoughtful ingredients. Used "Open Table" for the first time and reservation was overlooked. We arrived and they had only just discovered our reservation. Bit of a wait but not long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 11/6/2013We were on a date. Good service. The buffalo burger was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!LisaDined on 10/11/2013The blue cheese potato salad was phenomenal! The cheeseburger was a good size too (great value for the $). Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thought...24dinDined on 9/8/2013I ordered a turkey burger and it was very heavy on the oregano. There was not a wine list but a full side of the menu dedicated to beers. The live entertainment was great which was the reason we drove the distance! Pricey.... On top of it all there is a 10.00 cover charge as well! Thought if you paid to have dinner and for the food that the music would all be included. An expensive night for a pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tuesday burger special.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013We all sat outside on a Tuesday and the noise level was quieter than inside. So if weather permits, sit outside to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Loved it!tjordahl95Dined on 6/24/2013I love everything about Durty Nellies. We went during the Stanley cup finals, and the atmosphere was phenomenal. The bar was packed, speakers booming, it was the perfect spot. The new menu is fantastic, and they have really done a great job with the place. The service is always spot on and they know how to cater to every need! Nellies can be a night time bar, a family restaurant, a venue for parties, a concert venue, and so much more. It's a great spot for any type of night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trivia and Big GamesKeithVIPDined on 6/12/2013We live across the street from DN an love to walk over for Trivia on Wednesday's. Always a bunch of teams playing and the competition is great. We love the wide variety of menu items and drinks. My one very small complaint, the pico and anything Mexican is very HOT. It's good, but be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what is normally a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2013what is normally a great experience in times past was a little less desirable. the wait person did not seem to know the menu and seemed to be just going thru the motions with no enthusiasm. this experience will not dampen our returning as normally the food and waitstaff are exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food. Excellent beerBeerFanDined on 5/2/2013Great food. Excellent beer selections. A local favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun casual dining spot inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Fun casual dining spot in downtown Palatine. Unfortunately they were not at all prepared for our party of 6,despite the reservationSpecial Features: