2611 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.durantsaz.com/
- Phone: 6022645967
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Durant's
Durant's is a legendary 58 year-old tradition of great steaks, fine wines, and heavenly desserts. Enter through the famous back kitchen door for classic steakhouse dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Durant's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Durant's reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (99)neighborhood gem (85)notable wine list (85)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (27)hot spot (24)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Durant's is a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014This is one of my favorite Phoenix restaurants. It feels like a throwback to a 50's steakhouse. You enter through the kitchen where everyone says "hi" to you. Love the food, even though I don't eat meat. The crab cakes and trout are divine. The service is always impeccable. Durant's is our "go to" for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great Prime Rib, Steaks, Shrimp. Nice wine list. Attentive service by knowledgeable wait staff. Love walking in through the kitchen and the old school red booths!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LP45VIPDined on 10/26/2014A trip back in time...we loved our martinis and steaks, and we also loved the old-school, "Mad Men" decor. Ask to be seated in a banquette for the full experience! Wonderful service that will make you feel taken care of.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Durant's as wonderful now as 20 years ago. Thank you for a fabulous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time won't be the lastNonameDined on 10/23/2014Had the opertunity to book a business lunch at Durants, and I was not disappointed. Every detail was prefect, the staff was well trained and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner!annelorrDined on 10/20/2014Dine there frequently and every time is perfect. Love the flowers and the great wine selection. I always want to try a steak but am I love with their prime rib, can't give it up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever alwaysEaterouterVIPDined on 10/20/2014Durante, in my humble opinion, is the best steakhouse on earth. Period!Special Features:
- price of a night outvalueDined on 10/19/2014Had not been to Durant's in almost  years. The service was fine. The menu was interesting. The prices were out of sight. I can not see taking my family back for that one reason.Special Features:
- Always ContistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Never had a bad meal here. Steaks are cooked perfectly. Better than Donovans, Flemings, and Capital Grille. Need to go back to Mastro's City Hall in the near future to compare the steaks. Those are my top 2 places.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014A total classic gem. Thank you for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!StJamesDined on 10/17/2014Friday night dinner in the bar area. Great! Very attentive service by everyone. Our waiter Robert was delightful. The food was delicious. I had the lamb chops which were superb, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2014Aleays a very good experience. I am never disappointedSpecial Features:
- The busboy deserves a raiseBhurghDined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere was comfortable and had an old-school speakeasy feel to it. The food was well prepared (steak was cooked exactly as ordered) and each course was delivered in a timely fashion without feeling rushed. One of the best experiences was actually delivered by the 'busboy'. This guy was always busy, but never interruptive, diligently clearing dinnerware and refilling water glasses as needed - he appeared to be the hardest working employee in the establishment. Overall service was decent and kitchen staff greeted us on entry and thanked us on exit. A little bit pricey, but it will not stop me from returning. Would be 5 stars but our waiter seemed distracted and not as attentive as you would expect in a restaurant of this type.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJudgeVIPDined on 10/13/2014OUR TIME AT TABLE 6 IS ALWAYS GREAT. FOOD CONVERSATION AND joy IS ALL PART OF DURANTSSpecial Features:
- Best steakhouses in the valley.AngelvishnDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I enjoy trying new places in search of a good filet. But for special occasions, we will resort to going to Durants. That is because we know they never let us down with their filet. It's on the top of my list as the best steak restaurant in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I had never heard of your WONDERFUL restaurant until recently -- LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!Special Features:
- great food & serviceBobFromOhioVIPDined on 10/11/2014Durant's is very old-school in decor (wood, red velvet, and leather), but with the amusing touch that diners enter through the kitchen (yes, you read that right)! On the Saturday night we visited, the clientele was mixed, mostly couples and small groups of friends. Our server Chris was quite professional, helpful, and attentive without being intrusive. My wife and I started our meal with the calamari, then small house salads However, the stars of the evening were the excellent end-cut prime ribs. Without a doubt these were among the BEST prime ribs we have ever had -- dense, well-trimmed, juicy, and flavorful -- served with baked potatoes and both plain and creamy horseradish. Durant's also has an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- A Ruby near the city.AuBuRnDiNeRDined on 10/11/2014This is an absolutely magnificent resturaunt. The ambiance is impeccable. The food is the best I've ever had in Phoenix. Everything from the appitizers to dessert was a new and wonderful experience to the pallet. I will be taking my wife here for every anniversary!!!! If you've never been here it's an absolute ruby that you must try on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Standard...Bit PriceyDawnbDined on 10/10/2014It was a long time since my current visit to Durant's. I was glad that the ambiance was exactly as I remembered it (red velvet wallpaper). The food was excellent, wonderful flavor and made to order. Service was attentive with a sense of humor. Every bite was enjoyable. If you are looking for a quite romantic spot...I would not recommend "It was very loud and vibrant, tables were very close. With all that said...I met two nice couples celebrate their anniversary, I enjoyed every bite, every sip of my wine and it was worth every dollar spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!yumyumDined on 10/10/2014I had the bone-in rib eye steak and it was cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Drink, Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014The best liver and onions I have ever had. The service was excellent, the food was great and the drinks kept flowing. We all have a great time.....just remember you get what you pay for.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old phoenix ambiance!CdrgolfDined on 10/9/2014Great food and impeccable service. A wonderful lunch!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnergiraffeloverDined on 10/3/2014We made a reservation, but because of traffic we were going to be late. I did call to let them know and they said no problem. We went ahead and had drinks at the bar with our favorite bartenders, John and Gail. They are the most perfect drinkmasters. Our service was wonderful and I'm sorry I don't remember his name, we sat in the bar area, may have been Andrew or AndySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nighttwoodDined on 10/3/2014We've been before and always enjoy it! Food is great, drinks are great! We always end up having a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter does not show respectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The waiter did not acknowledge me at all until the end. I brought my dad here for his birthday. He is naturally older than myself so the waiter spoke directly to him and addressed him with respect. He called my dad “sir” and complimented him on all of his dinner choices. I didn’t get any respect until he saw I was the one paying the bill. Then the server spoke to me for the first time that night. Even my father noticed how rude he was. I gave Durants more stars because the food was very good and cooked well. While expensive, my father appreciated the time out. I would not go there again.Special Features:
- wRXCherryDined on 9/27/2014The bar is a fantastic neighborhood joint that makes an exceptional hand made drink before dinner or just to hang out with friends. We got out table quickly. Fantastic service. Our server was genuine, personable, and always there when needed, but not a pest. The ambiance is like taking a step back in time at an East coast joint. The menu is small but everything is perfectly prepared. Everything on the menu is worth trying at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014We went here for dinner mostly because the place is a landmark and my friend hadn't ever eaten there. Everything was good, and I would have rated it higher if it hadn't been so expensive. The best menu was the wine list -- great choices at surprisingly reasonable prices. Quirky entrance from the valet parking stand -- you walk through the kitchen. Nice that the workers there nodded and smiled, and thanked us for coming in when we left.
- Wonderful FoodDodgeballMamaDined on 9/27/2014It was an all round amazing dining experience. We went for our Anniversary and it was also Restaurant Week. The potato bacon soup was great - loved the steak. I live the relish tray they give you in the beginning too..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Legendary steak house who's bark is louder than its bite! I had always wanted to visit Durants and did so this Friday evening. A split of Taitinger and oysters got us at started. Then I had a filet and my date had the scallops. The food was very good. Service for a place like this left something to be desired. $200 dollar dinner does not go down well when accompanied by less than stellar wait staff. Not sure if I would return. There are too many other options for this calibre of resto .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBinbikerDined on 9/26/2014Everything was great from the food to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaktinkerbellDined on 9/24/2014So tasty and perfect, the steaks here are the BEST! and that bread with artichokes is addictive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW99Dined on 9/22/2014T-bone was 1/2 thick tasty but not impressed for the price of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Night Out!bdaycelebrationDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend and I went to dinner to celebrate his 30th birthday. Our server's name was Cory. We were surprised at how delicious and perfect the food was. The service was outstanding - the courses were served at the perfect time, our wine glasses were never empty (same for water), and our steaks were cooked to perfection. The ambiance was perfect for a romantic celebration. My only complaint is that it was cold where we were sitting and the table was a little difficult to get situated under, meaning the base of the table took up all of the foot room!Special Features:
- The old stand byDuckmenDined on 9/20/2014Always delivers, great food great service great restaurant! When in Phoenix the number 1 gotta go place.Special Features:
- great service and great foodRonaEDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I came here for restaurant week. Our waitress, Natalie, was great, even though she was kept busy taking care of other tables. She made sure to check back with us every so often. Food was spectacular! My only issue was that we were seated in a corner by two big groups so it wasn't as quiet and romantic as I hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSrCitizenDined on 9/20/2014The food was absolutely prepared to perfection. The service was warm, friendly, personal, even though it was restaurant week. It took a little too long to get our check, but that was very understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special eventsTommyDined on 9/19/2014Had special family in from out of town. We wanted to show a taste of old ambiance of Phoenix with great food. No one was disappointed. All had steaks and one of those was the restaurant week special. I can't really say anything other than we sought excellence we received excellence and we had a memorable evening. It was well worth the price. Expect it when you want to splurge. Durants is an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little sub par on all frontsboobahDined on 9/19/2014have been to Durant's on numerous occasions and always superb on all fronts. not sure if because of restaurant week or what but got squeezed into little tiny corner between a party of six who got all the attention from our server and another table where we had about 6 inches to squeeze through. I noticed everyone coming or going complaining about the same thing. The t-bone was tough and overcooked but the dessert was great. will always return to Durant's but this visit was stressful and underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakJDFoodloverDined on 9/19/2014This was an excellent restaurant and I was very happy with the food and service. I can honestly say this was the best steak I've ever had and the meal overall was excellent. I will definitely be returning in the near future. One piece of advice, the noise level seems to vary considerably throughout the restaurant. We were seated next to a large group so it was likely louder than most the restaurant but not in an off-putting manner. Still, this something to keep in mind when planning a dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentMsDiDined on 9/17/2014Another outstanding dining experience. I love this restaurant for special occasions. The food is always perfect and the service great.Special Features: