2611 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.durantsaz.com/
- Phone: 6022645967
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Durant's
Durant's is a legendary 58 year-old tradition of great steaks, fine wines, and heavenly desserts. Enter through the famous back kitchen door for classic steakhouse dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Durant's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Durant's reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (98)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (77)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (37)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (21)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- wRXCherryDined on 9/27/2014The bar is a fantastic neighborhood joint that makes an exceptional hand made drink before dinner or just to hang out with friends. We got out table quickly. Fantastic service. Our server was genuine, personable, and always there when needed, but not a pest. The ambiance is like taking a step back in time at an East coast joint. The menu is small but everything is perfectly prepared. Everything on the menu is worth trying at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014We went here for dinner mostly because the place is a landmark and my friend hadn't ever eaten there. Everything was good, and I would have rated it higher if it hadn't been so expensive. The best menu was the wine list -- great choices at surprisingly reasonable prices. Quirky entrance from the valet parking stand -- you walk through the kitchen. Nice that the workers there nodded and smiled, and thanked us for coming in when we left.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It was an all round amazing dining experience. We went for our Anniversary and it was also Restaurant Week. The potato bacon soup was great - loved the steak. I live the relish tray they give you in the beginning too..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Legendary steak house who's bark is louder than its bite! I had always wanted to visit Durants and did so this Friday evening. A split of Taitinger and oysters got us at started. Then I had a filet and my date had the scallops. The food was very good. Service for a place like this left something to be desired. $200 dollar dinner does not go down well when accompanied by less than stellar wait staff. Not sure if I would return. There are too many other options for this calibre of resto .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was great from the food to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaktinkerbellDined on 9/24/2014So tasty and perfect, the steaks here are the BEST! and that bread with artichokes is addictive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW99Dined on 9/22/2014T-bone was 1/2 thick tasty but not impressed for the price of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Night Out!bdaycelebrationDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend and I went to dinner to celebrate his 30th birthday. Our server's name was Cory. We were surprised at how delicious and perfect the food was. The service was outstanding - the courses were served at the perfect time, our wine glasses were never empty (same for water), and our steaks were cooked to perfection. The ambiance was perfect for a romantic celebration. My only complaint is that it was cold where we were sitting and the table was a little difficult to get situated under, meaning the base of the table took up all of the foot room!Special Features:
- The old stand byDuckmenDined on 9/20/2014Always delivers, great food great service great restaurant! When in Phoenix the number 1 gotta go place.Special Features:
- great service and great foodRonaEDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I came here for restaurant week. Our waitress, Natalie, was great, even though she was kept busy taking care of other tables. She made sure to check back with us every so often. Food was spectacular! My only issue was that we were seated in a corner by two big groups so it wasn't as quiet and romantic as I hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSrCitizenDined on 9/20/2014The food was absolutely prepared to perfection. The service was warm, friendly, personal, even though it was restaurant week. It took a little too long to get our check, but that was very understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special eventsTommyDined on 9/19/2014Had special family in from out of town. We wanted to show a taste of old ambiance of Phoenix with great food. No one was disappointed. All had steaks and one of those was the restaurant week special. I can't really say anything other than we sought excellence we received excellence and we had a memorable evening. It was well worth the price. Expect it when you want to splurge. Durants is an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little sub par on all frontsboobahDined on 9/19/2014have been to Durant's on numerous occasions and always superb on all fronts. not sure if because of restaurant week or what but got squeezed into little tiny corner between a party of six who got all the attention from our server and another table where we had about 6 inches to squeeze through. I noticed everyone coming or going complaining about the same thing. The t-bone was tough and overcooked but the dessert was great. will always return to Durant's but this visit was stressful and underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakJDFoodloverDined on 9/19/2014This was an excellent restaurant and I was very happy with the food and service. I can honestly say this was the best steak I've ever had and the meal overall was excellent. I will definitely be returning in the near future. One piece of advice, the noise level seems to vary considerably throughout the restaurant. We were seated next to a large group so it was likely louder than most the restaurant but not in an off-putting manner. Still, this something to keep in mind when planning a dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentMsDiDined on 9/17/2014Another outstanding dining experience. I love this restaurant for special occasions. The food is always perfect and the service great.Special Features:
- Classic steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014A Phoenix treasure. Food is outstanding! If you like "old school" dining, this is the place to go. You enter through the working kitchen and immediately know this is something special. It can be a bit loud, but never overbearing.Special Features:
- Resting on laurels.SnuzzieDined on 9/14/2014My steak was perfect. Side dishes left room for improvement. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LandmarksavadogDined on 9/13/2014I love this resturant that has been here for so many years. When I was younger and could only afford it for special occasions with a group of friends I used to love to come for lunch and observe all the "movers and shakers" in the business community do their two martini lunches. to be back so many years later having lived in Napa where the culinary cuisine is outstanding on all levels, I so enjoy coming back to Durant's and finding the same level of ambience and service I experinced in my 20's and now in my 60's, that meets and or beats Napa on many levels.Special Features:
- Almost cut with a forkprimetimedinerDined on 9/12/2014The Durant's Debris appetizer and the prime rib were so tender they could be cut with a fork. Beware of the horseradish, it's some of the most potent I've ever had.Special Features:
- Durant's Never Disappoints!JennPhoenx14Dined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my Father's 87th birthday at Durant's and, as usual, the food and service were fantastic! The portions are large and the server timed our meal perfectly. Durant's is one of our favorites in our family and it is my Father's favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Another Great Experience!trowlanDined on 9/11/2014Love the atmosphere, staff, and most importantly the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Durant's still delivers...SmsdadDined on 9/10/2014Same great food, excellent service, great drinks. Durant's stays with what they do best and they continue to do it incredibly well... A limited menu of meat and some seafood. Steaks are excellent and cooked perfectly, the prime rib is as you order it, the pork chops are excellent and the seafood is incredibly fresh. Our table enjoyed sweet well cleaned oysters and gigantic shrimp cocktail. The waitress was right on top of things, new the menu inside and out and never let a drink go dry. Made all the right recommendations. This is not an inexpensive proposition but worth it and no rushing to show you the door. By the way, try anything with the house made cocktail sauce and special horseradish. An experience....Special Features:
- Jim O'DonnelljimmyDined on 9/10/2014brought me back in time. great real decor - no corporate cookie cutter. Experienced and patient wait staff. I went two nights in a row. Best in Phoenix. Enter and exit through kiitchen (or the front door). Immaculate kitchen - greeted by kitchen staff.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantgiraffeloverDined on 9/6/2014This has been our favorite fine dining restaurant since I discovered it in the 80's The only thing is that they've become very pricey (it seems they just keep raising the price) The food is excellent and the ambiance is nostalgic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic Gem - As Always!AimeeDined on 9/5/2014Just as it should be - everything was perfect - we asked for a table in the bar area and were given one without having to ask again or remind anyone (thank you!!). We were a party of three and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The trout was light and delicious - a great choice for a hot summer day. Steak was wonderful and the complimentary bread was yummy as always. The only weak link was the mashed potatoes (sorry!) but they were a little gluey and cafeteria-like leftover tasting - although in all fairness, the waiter did try to steer us away from them. Overall a memorable night and a great experience once again!Special Features:
- outstandingJustinDined on 9/5/2014I visit this establishment often and the food / service is always outstanding. Can't wait till I go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, undelivered...Luv2FineDineAZDined on 9/4/2014My husband love steak houses. We were married at Donovan's Steak and Chop House, and our favorite restaurant is Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa, FL, but there is a problem going to top tier restaurants. When you are spoiled on excellence, below average does not fly. I ordered a 8 oz Filet Mignon, and he ordered a 20 oz Delmonico. It came with with scallops with mashed potatoes. My Filet Mignon was bland. I almost asked for A1 sauce because the steak was so horrid. It is sad that a "fine" restaurant reduced itself to being at the level of Black Angus or Outback. His was too fatty, and the entire experience was meh. They did give him a brownie dessert that was pretty good, but that is sad a $210 bill needs a free item to get two stars.
- Old SchoolMaggpieDined on 8/26/2014Wood panel walls, red velvet wall paper. I almost waited for Tony Soprano to walk in the door. The service was some of the best, and the food was great. The martini was perfect as well. Walking in through the kitchen was odd for me, but it was a great experience. I like the dark old school atmosphere. Took me back to the 60s. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time to DurantsCme4buxVIPDined on 8/24/2014Steak had a very good flavor, but 3 out 4 were slightly overcooked. Great old steakhouse atmosphere.Special Features:
- LOVED LOVED IT!!!!philDined on 8/24/2014The steaks were delicious and the prime rib melt in your mouth. service was well trained and gracious. The tough, yellow asparagus ends brought the food score down. The stacked strawberry shortcake for the anniversary couple was creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPunaDined on 8/22/2014The best prime rib in town, excellent service, Durant's has endured because they continue to deliver a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, Average FoodSarahDined on 8/19/2014I have lived in Phoenix many years but never visited Durants. My husband and I went there for our anniversary. The atmosphere was as promised but the food and service were nothing special given the extraordinary prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014I am a Phoenix native, born in 1956; this was my first visit. The steak and the ambiance were superb. The service was slightly less than one might expect from a restaurant of this caliber, though not a show-stopper.Special Features:
- Durants on CentralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed the great service and food at Durants. From the moment you enter you are immediately greeted by friendly faces. The food was excellent and we spent only $130 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Durants Tradition ContinuesMickeyDined on 8/12/2014This place knocks the socks off people every time you go. The food is sensational and the ambiance cannot be beaten! I have been going there since 1975 and LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You just get better!!!halpadtDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I have been dining at Durants for over 30 years - and have never been disappointed. My had tthe chicken livers, which she often does and they have never been done better than this time. I had the rib eye (my birthday) and though I sometimes have a steak this one was done perfectly It was THE BEST rib eye I have ever had - anywhere. I often have your calves liv, which I love, ararity in the valley of the Sun. Thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Original, Never Surpassed.Native61Dined on 8/9/2014Old-school in the best sense of the word with no apologies, Durant's stands head and shoulders above any steakhouse in Phoenix. Jack's place certainly holds its own among top-notch steak palaces across the country, whether modern or retro. It's all authentic here, from gleaming dark wood, lush filigree wallpaper and comfortable red leather booths to soothing mood lighting, spectacular fresh floral arrangements and the best pours ever from favorite bartender Gail. Her Manhattans define the perfect cocktail! An iced relish tray is a tip-off that the expected menu standards will not falter: shrimp cocktail that's a meal unto itself, thick spears of tender asparagus, and of course juicy steaks grilled to perfection by Ernie Canez for 50+ years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite date night spot!IlikeitrawDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I have officially dubbed Durant's our favorite restaurant in Phoenix. From the consistency of their perfect steaks to the welcoming staff we always have a great time here. We have strayed before but never again because you can't get a better steak in town. If you're questioning the validity of this review, I have worked in the Food and Beverage industry for twenty years and my boyfriend is a butcher!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodJustinDined on 8/8/2014From the moment I arrived I felt like a VIP. The staff is very professional making sure that your every need is met. They make sure your glass is never empty regardless if you are drinking a soft drink, cocktail or one their delicious wines from the extensive list they have. The food, like always is outstanding. The humble t-bone is without a doubt one of the best in Phoenix. Durant's is a great place to go for a special occasion or to take business colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!cclarkjr1Dined on 8/1/2014Had a great anniversary experience at Durant's. The food taste really good and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.