2611 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.durantsaz.com/
- Phone: 6022645967
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Durant's
Durant's is a legendary 58 year-old tradition of great steaks, fine wines, and heavenly desserts. Enter through the famous back kitchen door for classic steakhouse dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Durant's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Durant's reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (86)notable wine list (80)neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (34)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (18)late-night find (15)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Resting on laurels.SnuzzieDined on 9/14/2014My steak was perfect. Side dishes left room for improvement. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LandmarksavadogDined on 9/13/2014I love this resturant that has been here for so many years. When I was younger and could only afford it for special occasions with a group of friends I used to love to come for lunch and observe all the "movers and shakers" in the business community do their two martini lunches. to be back so many years later having lived in Napa where the culinary cuisine is outstanding on all levels, I so enjoy coming back to Durant's and finding the same level of ambience and service I experinced in my 20's and now in my 60's, that meets and or beats Napa on many levels.Special Features:
- Almost cut with a forkprimetimedinerDined on 9/12/2014The Durant's Debris appetizer and the prime rib were so tender they could be cut with a fork. Beware of the horseradish, it's some of the most potent I've ever had.Special Features:
- Another Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Love the atmosphere, staff, and most importantly the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Durant's still delivers...SmsdadDined on 9/10/2014Same great food, excellent service, great drinks. Durant's stays with what they do best and they continue to do it incredibly well... A limited menu of meat and some seafood. Steaks are excellent and cooked perfectly, the prime rib is as you order it, the pork chops are excellent and the seafood is incredibly fresh. Our table enjoyed sweet well cleaned oysters and gigantic shrimp cocktail. The waitress was right on top of things, new the menu inside and out and never let a drink go dry. Made all the right recommendations. This is not an inexpensive proposition but worth it and no rushing to show you the door. By the way, try anything with the house made cocktail sauce and special horseradish. An experience....Special Features:
- Jim O'DonnelljimmyDined on 9/10/2014brought me back in time. great real decor - no corporate cookie cutter. Experienced and patient wait staff. I went two nights in a row. Best in Phoenix. Enter and exit through kiitchen (or the front door). Immaculate kitchen - greeted by kitchen staff.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantgiraffeloverDined on 9/6/2014This has been our favorite fine dining restaurant since I discovered it in the 80's The only thing is that they've become very pricey (it seems they just keep raising the price) The food is excellent and the ambiance is nostalgic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic Gem - As Always!AimeeDined on 9/5/2014Just as it should be - everything was perfect - we asked for a table in the bar area and were given one without having to ask again or remind anyone (thank you!!). We were a party of three and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The trout was light and delicious - a great choice for a hot summer day. Steak was wonderful and the complimentary bread was yummy as always. The only weak link was the mashed potatoes (sorry!) but they were a little gluey and cafeteria-like leftover tasting - although in all fairness, the waiter did try to steer us away from them. Overall a memorable night and a great experience once again!Special Features:
- outstandingJustinDined on 9/5/2014I visit this establishment often and the food / service is always outstanding. Can't wait till I go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, undelivered...Luv2FineDineAZDined on 9/4/2014My husband love steak houses. We were married at Donovan's Steak and Chop House, and our favorite restaurant is Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa, FL, but there is a problem going to top tier restaurants. When you are spoiled on excellence, below average does not fly. I ordered a 8 oz Filet Mignon, and he ordered a 20 oz Delmonico. It came with with scallops with mashed potatoes. My Filet Mignon was bland. I almost asked for A1 sauce because the steak was so horrid. It is sad that a "fine" restaurant reduced itself to being at the level of Black Angus or Outback. His was too fatty, and the entire experience was meh. They did give him a brownie dessert that was pretty good, but that is sad a $210 bill needs a free item to get two stars.
- Old SchoolMaggpieDined on 8/26/2014Wood panel walls, red velvet wall paper. I almost waited for Tony Soprano to walk in the door. The service was some of the best, and the food was great. The martini was perfect as well. Walking in through the kitchen was odd for me, but it was a great experience. I like the dark old school atmosphere. Took me back to the 60s. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time to DurantsCme4buxVIPDined on 8/24/2014Steak had a very good flavor, but 3 out 4 were slightly overcooked. Great old steakhouse atmosphere.Special Features:
- LOVED LOVED IT!!!!philDined on 8/24/2014The steaks were delicious and the prime rib melt in your mouth. service was well trained and gracious. The tough, yellow asparagus ends brought the food score down. The stacked strawberry shortcake for the anniversary couple was creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPunaDined on 8/22/2014The best prime rib in town, excellent service, Durant's has endured because they continue to deliver a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, Average FoodSarahDined on 8/19/2014I have lived in Phoenix many years but never visited Durants. My husband and I went there for our anniversary. The atmosphere was as promised but the food and service were nothing special given the extraordinary prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014I am a Phoenix native, born in 1956; this was my first visit. The steak and the ambiance were superb. The service was slightly less than one might expect from a restaurant of this caliber, though not a show-stopper.Special Features:
- Durants on CentralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed the great service and food at Durants. From the moment you enter you are immediately greeted by friendly faces. The food was excellent and we spent only $130 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Durants Tradition ContinuesMickeyDined on 8/12/2014This place knocks the socks off people every time you go. The food is sensational and the ambiance cannot be beaten! I have been going there since 1975 and LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You just get better!!!halpadtDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I have been dining at Durants for over 30 years - and have never been disappointed. My had tthe chicken livers, which she often does and they have never been done better than this time. I had the rib eye (my birthday) and though I sometimes have a steak this one was done perfectly It was THE BEST rib eye I have ever had - anywhere. I often have your calves liv, which I love, ararity in the valley of the Sun. Thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Original, Never Surpassed.Native61Dined on 8/9/2014Old-school in the best sense of the word with no apologies, Durant's stands head and shoulders above any steakhouse in Phoenix. Jack's place certainly holds its own among top-notch steak palaces across the country, whether modern or retro. It's all authentic here, from gleaming dark wood, lush filigree wallpaper and comfortable red leather booths to soothing mood lighting, spectacular fresh floral arrangements and the best pours ever from favorite bartender Gail. Her Manhattans define the perfect cocktail! An iced relish tray is a tip-off that the expected menu standards will not falter: shrimp cocktail that's a meal unto itself, thick spears of tender asparagus, and of course juicy steaks grilled to perfection by Ernie Canez for 50+ years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite date night spot!IlikeitrawDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I have officially dubbed Durant's our favorite restaurant in Phoenix. From the consistency of their perfect steaks to the welcoming staff we always have a great time here. We have strayed before but never again because you can't get a better steak in town. If you're questioning the validity of this review, I have worked in the Food and Beverage industry for twenty years and my boyfriend is a butcher!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodJustinDined on 8/8/2014From the moment I arrived I felt like a VIP. The staff is very professional making sure that your every need is met. They make sure your glass is never empty regardless if you are drinking a soft drink, cocktail or one their delicious wines from the extensive list they have. The food, like always is outstanding. The humble t-bone is without a doubt one of the best in Phoenix. Durant's is a great place to go for a special occasion or to take business colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!cclarkjr1Dined on 8/1/2014Had a great anniversary experience at Durant's. The food taste really good and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatSylvia61Dined on 7/30/2014We always love going to Durant's. They treat every patron special. The food and service are outstanding. Chris, our server, knew his job. He had a wonderful tableside manner. He answered all our questions. A memorable night out. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-old-old schoolJoe3Dined on 7/29/2014Steakhouse from the 1960's. Cool interior (red leather everywhere), no windows, old fashioned outstanding service, good wine list with lots of affordable options, but as to the food: times have moved on and what was great in Phoenix in the 1960s, is just ok now to the jaded globetrotter. Oysters are good, but not great, and not flown-in-the-same-morning-tasty. Shrimp cocktail (you knew that was coming) made with shrimp that tastes like the shrimp has been frozen. Steaks are good, and well cooked, but not dry-aged or hormone free or Japanese or other fancy stuff. So it's a steak, and it's good, but not comparable to steaks in LA or NYC.Special Features:
- Steaks with historyMarkVIPDined on 7/27/2014Years of experience with great steaks. Try the filet steak sandwich for value. Outstanding service. However, salad really disappointing for a steakhouse. (Do the soup.) Two visits with way over baked potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Arizona Treasure!DCdiner21Dined on 7/27/2014An outstanding restaurant that epitomizes the history of Phoenix, great food and service. A must do when in Phoenix. No steakhouse chain can touch this Phoenix institution!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 7/26/2014Three of us ordered t-bones and they were not good. They were thin and overcooked. I ordered rare and got medium and my steak was tough. The caesar salads were limp and tasted as if they had been dressed hours before. It was a disappointment as we had read good reviews of this restaurant and were looking forward to a good meal. The desserts were excellent but we will not be returning to this restaurant.
- One of the best in the worldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Everything was great...as always! Loraine was our server, great reccomendations.Special Features:
- Always Good!gatorDined on 7/25/2014Durant's has always been an excellent restaurant. It has not cchanged.Special Features:
- MadelineDined on 7/25/2014Having heard so much about Durant's, I wanted to experience the restaurant for myself so I asked for a birthday gift to Durant's. What a wonderful experience it was! Our waiter was most attentive and exhibited excellent timing. The dinner was outstanding and the dinner bread was unique. I'm already hoping for another gift...maybe Christmas?Special Features:
- Classic 1950s Old School SteakhouseSperbDined on 7/24/2014This place is an experience that baby boomers will consider a treat. It is a true classic old school steakhouse complete with red leather banquet, red flocked walls, a huge bar with an amazing selection of libations to choose from and the ambiance that makes you feel at home instantly. The service was excellent and attentive. The piece of meat I had, Top Sirloin, was marvelous. Glad we experienced this piece of Phoenix history. Only consideration is that it is rather pricey. However, when you consider the environment you are enjoying your meal in, the price is in line with all that you receive.Special Features:
- A Rare GemDonCoyoteDined on 7/24/2014There are not many restaurants around anymore that provide a combination of outstanding food and excellent service like Durant's. It has an old school, no nonsense menu of steak, chops and seafood with an extensive wine list that would satisfy even the most discriminating wine connoisseur. The décor is also totally old school with red velvet wall paper and red leather seating. But you don't go here for the décor. We tried their Oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer and they were scrumptious. For main course we both chose the prime rib and it was perfectly slow-cooked and tender medium rare. The only warning I would pass along is that Durant's is not inexpensive but you get what you pay for! You won't leave Durant's disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a ClassictwilliamDined on 7/22/2014Early dinner at 6 pm on a Tuesday was surprisingly busy. Summertime, early part of the week and yet quite active. That is a good sing to me. The food is always good, not that I go that often. It is just that when I go I know what to expect and never am disappointed. Our server, Dave was very accommodating, not "in your face" but available when you needed him. He recommended the Strawberry shortcake and it was the perfect finish to another great evening at Durant'sI would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedanc2202Dined on 7/20/2014Can nevervgo wrong at Durants. A little pricey depending on what you order but food is fantastic and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A timeless ClassicloverestVIPDined on 7/20/2014Have heard about Durant's for years but finally had dinner there this past weekend. The entrance to the restaurant is through the back door which leads through the kitchen. You are then greeted and shown to your table. Durant's has been in business since 1950. The booths, tables and decor are very comfortable. Our waiter provided a brief history of the restaurant. The food was excellent, service was attentive and our party really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Experiencetgrissom3Dined on 7/19/2014Had a really nice time, the service was amazing. The food was really good too, make sure you get the crab mac and cheese!Special Features:
- lovetodineDined on 7/19/2014Very classey and romantic. Food and service was wonderful. I loved the ambience. Wine list was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lrobDined on 7/17/2014Nostalgic in nature setting and the best Filet Mignon I've had in decades!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old world classy place.mackbolan357Dined on 7/17/2014Food was ok very pricey. App never arrived waiter apologized gave us free dessert to makeup for mistake. Service was fast. Overall restaurant was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.