2611 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.durantsaz.com/
- Phone: (602) 264-5967
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Durant's
Durant's is a legendary 58 year-old tradition of great steaks, fine wines, and heavenly desserts. Enter through the famous back kitchen door for classic steakhouse dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Durant's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Durant's reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (163)romantic (95)notable wine list (86)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (41)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (26)late-night find (16)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Dissappointing on this visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2014I have been to Durants maybe 4-5 times since moving to the valley 8.5 years ago. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the Phoenix area due to the overall experience (I love it when you can walk through the kitchen to get into a place!). But this visit was very dissappointing. Our waiter screwed things up multiple times (forgot to get glass of wine, took incorrect order for size of filet, etc.). He took care of us by bringing strawberry shortcake as a desert to offset the mistakes which was appreciated. So i was planning to overlook the shortcomings as he did the right thing. Then I get a call about 30 minutes after leaving the restaurant from an employee telling me that our waiter overcharged us by ~ $100! He added three entrees from some other table to our bill somehow. I did not pay the bill, so was unaware of how costly the bill was for 4 people in relation to where it should have been. Again, i will give credit to them for calling me to let me know of the mistake and that they took it off the bill. But this in addition to the service mistakes officially put this visit into the "bad experience" category. I love this restuarant, but next time I'm looking for a nice steak dinner out, I may consider driving to Scottsdale instead of hitting Durants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014After more than 20 years of dining at Durant's I've never had a bad meal or poor service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Durants always has the most amazing food. The Jumbo Shrimp scampi is one of the best appetizer. We definetly go there when we want to celebrateSpecial Features:
- By far the best bar, food and service in Phoenix!LucTheBoyandClaudia1Dined on 11/17/2014Excellent food and service as always at a reasonable price. The bar is a must for pre dinner drinks, bartender was awesome and attentive. Our waiter was great. It is not only a restaurant for special occassions, but for that occassion where you want to eat great food. No loud music, so we were actually able to have a nice conversation without straining our vocal cords! Kids love it too, best hamburgers, sliders and desserts in town. And if you need to bring your four legged kid a treat, I recommend the chicken livers to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak place with Old School NostalgiaMusicManDined on 11/16/2014This was our first time here since we've heard so many great things about this place. As many know, you enter through the kitchen which is such a kick. Everyone was so friendly & happy to see us, making us feel welcome. This was a Sunday & the male maître d' is something to be desired. Talk about surly & unfriendly! That man should be fired. I didn't see one crack of a smile, more like a scowl for the most part with a definite arrogance about him. He was like this to everyone. The decor is purposely old school dated which is so charming. You feel as though you are in a New York martini bar-restaurant. We were seated in the bar area which is quite charming. Our server, Nathalie is a wonderful friendly person with impeccable service. The calamari as an appetizer was very good. The chef custom made my shrimp scampi dish since I didn't prefer heavy white sauces. Excellent large jumbo shrimp. There's not a better word than PERFECTION for the steak we ordered. I'm sure all the cuts were equally perfect. We chose not to have any deserts since the portions are quite large. We are definitely going back again. Again, that surly male maître d' ruins the image, he needs to be gone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there.RbgusDined on 11/14/2014Being new to Phoenix I've been exploring various restaurants. Durant's was recommended by several friends as a great place for a special date. It more than lived up to its hype and I plan to make it a regular site for never.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This is the place I come for every special occasion. The food is fantastic, the service is outstanding, and I feel it is the best restaurant in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014Absolutely the best. Best fillet hands down. Their bread is to die for and always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IN MY HUMBLE OPINION....MORGYDined on 11/11/2014.....Durant's is now, has been, and always will be the finest dining establishment in Phoenix. From the perfectly cooked filet mignon steak sandwich, to the sauteed chicken livers, decadent oysters, crisp salad with homemade Roquefort dressing, and your famous tableside loaf of warm bread swimming in butter and garlic--all of which we consumed--the food was amazing. The real deal authentic NY cheesecake with fresh fruit was the perfect birthday dessert, too. The ambiance is unlike anywhere else in town; if those red velvet walls could speak, the stories they could tell. Perfect for a power lunch, or a romantic evening. And did I mention the "it takes two hands to lift the glass" martinis and Manhattans? From the moment you stroll through the kitchen, where you're greeted by the chef and staff, to the last snifter of brandy, Durant's is an experience I will cherish forever. And that's why we return again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a makeoverOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/10/2014The place needs a makeover. Ownership needs to spend money on carpet, interior etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They still have it!BtuffDined on 11/8/2014Durant's has been around for a VERY long time. I remember going there 30 years ago (as a kid) and remembering how great it was then. They still know what they are doing after all of this time! They even had a very GOOD vegetarian option for the wife that wasn't pasta based.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!orangehemiDined on 11/7/2014We had the 8 oz. prime rib medium rare. The meat was done perfectly, had a great flavor and was tender. The best that we have had in a long time. We enjoyed the house salad and house dressing as well as the loaded baked potato. Friendly, knowledgeable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a good experienceMmmmmmfoodDined on 11/7/2014As it was a legendary local restaurant, we had to try it. The food was good, the crowd was loud, it was definitely a popular place. Our server was busy but still paid enough attention to us so that we weren't waiting too long between courses. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014Excellent steaks, a little pricey, but well worth it.Special Features:
- steak was disappointingstarrlightDined on 11/6/2014been to Durants many times , this time steak was tough and didn't get our bread tip right b4 our food came out . this wasn't our best visit :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timelove2dineDined on 11/5/2014Food was absolutely delicious! This was my 2nd time here, and the 2nd time I had a fabulous time!Special Features:
- AzmaryDined on 11/5/2014Always enjoy Durants. Great food - Friendly service. Even though it is known for its beef, I ordered salmon and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- lunchtimepicslunchtimepicsDined on 11/4/2014A throwback steakhouse with excellent steaks and salads in an old school 'back east coast' décor steakhouse with terrific ambiance and atmosphere. Service was spot on, steaks cooked to a perfect temperature and a great paring of wine at a reasonable price by our very well informed server. Enter through the kitchen and staff greets you with a hearty welcome hello.Special Features:
- Great - as usual - very goodKSchuDined on 11/4/2014Very good experience - great food as expected - great serviceSpecial Features:
- Amazing!JJ03Dined on 11/2/2014Durant's was simply superb! Has to be the best in all of Phoenix! It is the best I have had so far since moving here from the KC stockyards four years ago. Yep, I'm a Midwest beef gal and know my steaks, but Durant's is doing us proud in the Southwest! Go to Durant's and try it all, it is all delish. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Durant's is always good for a really special meal. Everything was very nice!Special Features:
- ExcellentAnonymousdinerDined on 10/31/2014Amazing food, outstanding service. Shrimp cocktail was to die for and one of the best filet mignons I've had in some time. But the best part was the scallops, fresh and cooked perfectly. They were exquisite. Our waiter Lonnie was fabulous. Overall just a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Durant's is a treat!xneworleansfoodieDined on 10/28/2014This is one of my favorite Phoenix restaurants. It feels like a throwback to a 50's steakhouse. You enter through the kitchen where everyone says "hi" to you. Love the food, even though I don't eat meat. The crab cakes and trout are divine. The service is always impeccable. Durant's is our "go to" for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great Prime Rib, Steaks, Shrimp. Nice wine list. Attentive service by knowledgeable wait staff. Love walking in through the kitchen and the old school red booths!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LP45VIPDined on 10/26/2014A trip back in time...we loved our martinis and steaks, and we also loved the old-school, "Mad Men" decor. Ask to be seated in a banquette for the full experience! Wonderful service that will make you feel taken care of.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Durant's as wonderful now as 20 years ago. Thank you for a fabulous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time won't be the lastNonameDined on 10/23/2014Had the opertunity to book a business lunch at Durants, and I was not disappointed. Every detail was prefect, the staff was well trained and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner!annelorrDined on 10/20/2014Dine there frequently and every time is perfect. Love the flowers and the great wine selection. I always want to try a steak but am I love with their prime rib, can't give it up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever alwaysEaterouterVIPDined on 10/20/2014Durante, in my humble opinion, is the best steakhouse on earth. Period!Special Features:
- price of a night outvalueDined on 10/19/2014Had not been to Durant's in almost  years. The service was fine. The menu was interesting. The prices were out of sight. I can not see taking my family back for that one reason.Special Features:
- Always ContistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Never had a bad meal here. Steaks are cooked perfectly. Better than Donovans, Flemings, and Capital Grille. Need to go back to Mastro's City Hall in the near future to compare the steaks. Those are my top 2 places.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014A total classic gem. Thank you for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!StJamesDined on 10/17/2014Friday night dinner in the bar area. Great! Very attentive service by everyone. Our waiter Robert was delightful. The food was delicious. I had the lamb chops which were superb, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2014Aleays a very good experience. I am never disappointedSpecial Features:
- The busboy deserves a raiseBhurghDined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere was comfortable and had an old-school speakeasy feel to it. The food was well prepared (steak was cooked exactly as ordered) and each course was delivered in a timely fashion without feeling rushed. One of the best experiences was actually delivered by the 'busboy'. This guy was always busy, but never interruptive, diligently clearing dinnerware and refilling water glasses as needed - he appeared to be the hardest working employee in the establishment. Overall service was decent and kitchen staff greeted us on entry and thanked us on exit. A little bit pricey, but it will not stop me from returning. Would be 5 stars but our waiter seemed distracted and not as attentive as you would expect in a restaurant of this type.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJudgeVIPDined on 10/13/2014OUR TIME AT TABLE 6 IS ALWAYS GREAT. FOOD CONVERSATION AND joy IS ALL PART OF DURANTSSpecial Features:
- Best steakhouses in the valley.AngelvishnDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I enjoy trying new places in search of a good filet. But for special occasions, we will resort to going to Durants. That is because we know they never let us down with their filet. It's on the top of my list as the best steak restaurant in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I had never heard of your WONDERFUL restaurant until recently -- LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!Special Features:
- great food & serviceBobFromOhioVIPDined on 10/11/2014Durant's is very old-school in decor (wood, red velvet, and leather), but with the amusing touch that diners enter through the kitchen (yes, you read that right)! On the Saturday night we visited, the clientele was mixed, mostly couples and small groups of friends. Our server Chris was quite professional, helpful, and attentive without being intrusive. My wife and I started our meal with the calamari, then small house salads However, the stars of the evening were the excellent end-cut prime ribs. Without a doubt these were among the BEST prime ribs we have ever had -- dense, well-trimmed, juicy, and flavorful -- served with baked potatoes and both plain and creamy horseradish. Durant's also has an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- A Ruby near the city.AuBuRnDiNeRDined on 10/11/2014This is an absolutely magnificent resturaunt. The ambiance is impeccable. The food is the best I've ever had in Phoenix. Everything from the appitizers to dessert was a new and wonderful experience to the pallet. I will be taking my wife here for every anniversary!!!! If you've never been here it's an absolute ruby that you must try on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.