Dupont Italian Kitchen
1637 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dupont Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dupontitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: 2023283222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Dupont Italian Kitchen make your next special event one to remember. With a private dining space located on our second floor, you and your guests can enjoy our fresh homemade Italian dishes while relaxing in our warm, comfortable atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Tony 2023283222
- Entertainment: Karaoke
Tuesday 9:00 PM- 1:30 AM
Friday & Saturday 10:30 PM -2:30 AM
A word from Dupont Italian Kitchen
In the mood for some fresh homemade Italian food? Dupont Italian Kitchen has been serving up fresh homemade Italian dishes since 1986. We offer great food, unbeatable prices, and we’re conveniently located in the heart of Dupont Circle. Stop by and visit us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dupont Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great ItaliangivlcaeDined on 2/14/2014Good place in Dupont for reasonably priced, tasty Italian dishes. The food is great, service is solid, and the ambiance is wonderful. We sat upstairs, where I had never been before, and it has a great, cozy selection of tables by windows there. All in all, great place for special or everyday occasions.Special Features:
- A nice Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was a nice Italian restaurant. I enjoyed my eggplant parmesan, and my boyfriend enjoyed his seafood linguine. It was affordable, our server was great, and the table settings were pretty. It was fairly quiet and low-key. There was nothing very unique or trendy about the menu--just tasty classics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/31/2014This was a great choice for a last minute family dinner with menu items everyone would enjoy and also affordable. All of our dishes were amazing, our waiter was very attentive and quick. We were offered a table in the upstairs dining area since the downstairs was full; which turned out to be fine as other diners with children and larger parties were quickly seated there as well. My only suggestion would be when using the upstairs dining room in the winter months, that they check that the windows are tightly shut or insolated since most of the tables are adjacent to a window and there was a very cold draft coming through the windows. Almost all diners checked to see if the window was completely closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My neighborhood favorite.mpkdcDined on 1/24/2014Dupont Italian Kitchen is relaxed and fun and always delivers excellent service. One of my neighborhood favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good for the price.RubyDined on 11/4/2013THE CHICKEN PARM was very good. ONION SOUP COUL HAVE HAD A LITTLE MORE CHEESE ON IT FOR MY TASTE.SERVICE WAS GOOD ATE EARLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great price no waitTouchemyfriendDined on 8/21/2013My first visit here and I was very pleased. We were seated immediately. For DC the prices were spectacular in my opinion. Everything ordered was more than delicious!!! I will most definitely visit again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European-style casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2013Really enjoyed this restaurant. Ate there whilst on vacation. Was pleased by its pricing, which was very reasonable. Service was efficient and friendly. Seafood pasta was loaded with pasta and a delicious marinara sauce. Loved eating outdoors. Enjoyed a European experience without splurging on airfare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good. Friendly staff,JaywestVIPDined on 7/6/2013Always good. Friendly staff, attentive service and great selection. Food is always good.Special Features:
- Lovely Italian restaurantReviewerVIPDined on 6/29/2013Lovely Italian restaurant with comfortable view of Dupont Circle; nice place to leisurely have brunch. I have eggplant parmigiana with all the trimmings. My friends had the brunch menu. We were all very happy with our meals, the service and the drinks.Special Features:
- A staple in the neighborhood.JaywestVIPDined on 6/7/2013A staple in the neighborhood. Reliable, dependable and never a dissapointment. Great place for friends to meet.Special Features:
- Great spot to watch the streetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2013Great spot to watch the street characters flow by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a 6:30 reservationsea2skyDined on 5/28/2013We had a 6:30 reservation and were seated immediately. It was a Tuesday and the restaurant wasn't very full when we arrived. Our waitress was attentive but not overly so. Our appetizer came out shortly before the main courses but other than that, the wait time to be served was fine. Everyone enjoyed their meals including the cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:
- Very loud. Had a reservationgreatmealVIPDined on 4/27/2013Very loud. Had a reservation for 8pm, got there on time but didn't sit until 8:20pm. Host was rude and made us stand outside to wait (had a child adn a senior citizen). Food was mediocre, at best.
- The staff is always so friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013The staff is always so friendly and welcoming, our server was Fernando "He Rocked" never had to ask for anything! Keep up the vibe DuPont, you will always be one of my favs.Special Features:
- A staple in the neighborhood,JaywestVIPDined on 4/24/2013A staple in the neighborhood, the Kitchen has been a favorite of locals and tourists alike for years. The food is always good and plentiful and the service top notch. Pricing is excellent and all are friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- We had dinner there on a TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013We had dinner there on a Tuesday evening. We were seated promptly but it took awhile before the waitress came to our table. She seemed very shy. Our dinner was good basic Italian fare but the service was not good, especially since the restaurant wasn't crowded. The waitress brought our bill without ever asking us if we wanted coffee or dessert. I'm not sure if they even have desserts. Good restaurant if you live in the neighborhood, prices are reasonable, but as a tourist I was looking for a better experience.Special Features:
- Very pleasant neighborhoodYevrahDined on 4/16/2013Very pleasant neighborhood eating place. Nice outdoor set up for casual dinning.Special Features:
- My sister and I came for anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013My sister and I came for an early dinner and had dinner outside since it was warm. The waiter and hosts were really friendly and nice and checked on the ingredients of the food when I told them about my food allergies. Plus the food was delicious. We saw lots of pairs there but also some groups. This is a good outdoor dining spot.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find! WillMSalzDined on 3/31/2013Great neighborhood find! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhoody ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2013Nice neighborhoody Italian restaurant. Pastas are large and well cooked (al dente). Good ambience.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant andAlysonVIPDined on 3/15/2013We love this restaurant and have been the past two years but the menu is much smaller now
- Great PlaceJaywestVIPDined on 3/7/2013Great neighborhood staple. Food is always good, pricing is excellent and service friendly.Special Features:
- We were recommended to visitintrepidTravelerVIPDined on 2/22/2013We were recommended to visit Dupont Italian Kitchen by the owner of William Lewis B&B down the street. The menu is very well priced. We were told to ask for the waiter, Moe, who took very good care of us. He did not balk at our request to split the caesar salad and an entree, and even comped dessert. There were empty tables at 6:30 on Friday night but by 7:00, the place was jumping. Good food and reasonable prices!Special Features:
- We went here for dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2013We went here for dinner and it was definitely a good find! The food was good and the staff was really kind! definitely would go back again!Special Features:
- First time here. The foodclaudmonDined on 2/1/2013First time here. The food was authentic Italian which can be hard to find in DC. The waiters reminded me of NYC waiters. Didn't smile much but efficient. Would definitely go back for the food and I liked the restaurant atmosphere and decor.
- Down home ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012We were a group of 8 adults. The menu is not extensive but reflects Italian "comfort food". There are no choices for vegans. The wine list was also not extensive, but was adequate. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very cozy and laid back. We will all return.Special Features:
- A staple in the neighborhood.JaywestVIPDined on 12/26/2012A staple in the neighborhood. Good food, friendly service and great value.Special Features:
- We wanted pizza and it wasAlexDined on 12/18/2012We wanted pizza and it was delicious. Perfect spot in Dupont for family and friends.Special Features:
- DIK never disappoints providingluv2eatVIPDined on 12/17/2012DIK never disappoints providing great comfort food and fine service.Special Features:
- Met here for biz dinner nearOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/2/2012Met here for biz dinner near my hotel. Friendly atmosphere and large portions at reasonable (for DC) prices. Will be back!Special Features:
- They charge for soda refillsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012They charge for soda refills and don't inform you of that until you get your bill.Special Features:
- They never disappoint withRJNYCDined on 9/27/2012They never disappoint with the flavors. Whenever I'm in DC, I always have at least one meal here. Unfortunately, on this visit, the service was not up to the standard that I've come to expect from the Dupont Italian Kitchen. I'll still go there again, but I hope I don't have the same server/service experience!Special Features:
- I was a little nervous becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012I was a little nervous because we were running late and our reservation was at 5pm. I needn't have worried as the restaurant was empty when we arrived! The food and service was pretty good. I would definitely go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Always good, staff is extremelyJaywestVIPDined on 9/14/2012Always good, staff is extremely accommodating, food is consistantly good. Wide variety of choices. Great Marguiritas. Never a dissapointment.Special Features:
- sort of bland food, but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012sort of bland food, but good price. My waiter barely spoke English. The area is good though so if you enjoy sitting outside as long as you have good company, on a fixed budget it fits the bill
- LOVE the DIK! We live inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/22/2012LOVE the DIK! We live in the neighborhood so we go here often. The food is consistently good, as is the service. Love the big patio.Special Features:
- I initially made a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2012I initially made a reservation for 8 and had to change it to 10 the day of. They were very accommodating and the service was great! Definitely going to come back with another group in the future.Special Features:
- Very blah basic restaurant.sykpleier2Dined on 6/27/2012Very blah basic restaurant. Drab inside, very boring place. Food was something I could make at home. Not bad but nothing special restaurant.
- Solid food if you are in theHoyaVIPDined on 6/11/2012Solid food if you are in the neighborhood, but I would not drive far to have a meal.
- Good for out of town guests: evephun2dineDined on 5/25/2012Good for out of town guests: everyone was hospitable and welcoming. I felt very much at home and my out of town guests loved the whole ambiance. It was a great evening and a fine way to enjoy DC evening life. rrdelSpecial Features: