Duplex on Third
8722 W 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Duplex on Third
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.duplexonthird.com/
- Phone: 3102766223x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday Through Friday
Saturday and Sunday Brunch
Mid Day and Late Night Menu
Bar Open til 2AM Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Beatiful Second Floor Private Dining Room with Bar/Lounge Cocktail -Hors d'Ouvres Parties Sit Down Dinners, Plated or Family Style See Website For More Details
A word from Duplex on Third
All day dining with a full bar and extensive wine list. New American cuisine with Western European influences. Duplex strives to use local, organic, sustainable produce, hormone-free meats and poultry. Visionary designer, Thomas Schoos creates a beautiful and comfortable space with a residential theme which is both warm and contemporary. Perfect spot for a business lunch, formal dinner and special occasions. Leisurly patios, bar and lounge and private event spaces available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Duplex on Third - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Duplex on Third reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)romantic (11)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our favorite spotLuv2dine1965Dined on 9/12/2014The food never a let down, when you try something new its a WOW moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave weekend brunch place!LAJim67Dined on 9/7/2014No idea why there aren't lines out the door for Duplex's brunch but I've gone the last two Sundays and both times great food, service and not crowded at all. Great selections on the menu, patio or indoor seating and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Just rightLennartDined on 9/6/2014Was looking for an unhurried place for a late dinner. Never felt rushed, waiter was attentive, but gave us all the time we needed to enjoy our meal. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhikerVIPDined on 8/29/2014I ordered the chicken sandwich. If the server had not recommended a slice of cheese, it would have been totally bland.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/26/2014We love this place. Its relaxing and feels like a touch of home. The patio is comfortable and the food never disappoints - lamb meatballs are delicious! Our server, Steven, is wonderful - always fun and attentive!Special Features:
- A most delightful evening.JJMUSSVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was great. Steven our waiter was Outstanding and very attentive. The patio was a fun place to hang out and celebrate!Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful business luncheon. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. This is such a nice quaint restaurant that makes you feel like you are dining in a fabulous home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattycakeVIPDined on 7/6/2014Brunch was great and we were able to sit outside. The eggs were fresh and the breakfast sandwich was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014In one word: TERRIBLE. Don't waste your time or money here. It was my husbands birthday. Not only did I call the restaurant, but I mentioned it again to the hostess. Nothing was done. No dessert, no candle. Food was not great. I always take home my leftover pasta. Not at this place. Service started off great, and dwindled to barely seeing our server. The place was empty at 8pm on a Saturday night. This says something about a place. Considering next door at AOC, the place was a buzz.
- Mediocrity at its best.DinnersaurusDined on 7/1/2014Our waiter was nice and efficient,but the food was very poorly cooked, overpriced and you could tell that they weren't making any effort to ensure the minimum quality to justify these prices. 30 dollar entrees. Over salted scallops. A steak frites that used a cut of meat that was not appropriate. Greasy and undercooked. 15 dollar salads that were barely there. And a bus boy that was rushing us and making questionable jokes for no apparent reason. Very disappointing experience overall. It is hard to understand how this business is operated in such a mediocre, lackluster way in an area filled with restaurants and many better options. I regret having made a reservation there.
- Bad Experiencehzugha1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Ordered Salmon plate. Salmon was raw. The waiter took it back to the kitchen to let chef know. He comes back and doesn't tell us anything. At that point we were fed up with the whole place and asked for the check. Upon signing the credit card slip, I asked the waiter about the salmon and he said the chef agreed it was raw. I told him why he didnt inform us and he said he didnt think we wanted anything else. We will not frequent the Duplex ever again.
- Weekend DinnerFoodiechicDined on 6/21/2014We were promptly attended to once we walked through the door and got sat in the main dinning room where we enjoyed the fish and cut of the day for dinner. The suggested wine pairings for our dinner was right on. The entire dining area was beautiful and chic. Its a great spot to catch up on conversation and celebrate an occassion. Our server checked in on us in a timely manner and displayed great mastery of the menu. It's a great spot to eat any meal from your casual days to a dress party. It can be what you want on any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam330VIPDined on 6/18/2014Place is awesome. I've been here two times and both times we had great food and service.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, food, energyVinoForTwoPleaseVIPDined on 6/14/2014First time experience. Loved the decor and menu online, and took a chance inviting out of town guests. What a great surprise right of the bat. Very friendly staff, she sold us on the fancy drinks, they were fun and delicious. Wine list is excellent but not extravagant. We had a gluten free guest, they did a great job of suggesting a number of items with slight mods to make them perfect. Loved all the fish dishes and that amazing duck dish...wow. Crispy and sweet. Overall a great time, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't hurry backWilliam1Dined on 5/30/2014I went for lunch to celebrate my birthday with friends. We were greeted by a host that was so lacking in personality, almost as if he wished we hadn't bothered him. The place wasn't busy at all, yet the service was inattentive at best. When our presence was FINALLY acknowledged, at least our server was pleasant and feigned interest. The food was nothing special. We'd driven 45 mins to get there... it felt like a total waste.
- Lovely, but not wonderfulanniebVIPDined on 5/20/2014I love the way the place looks inside and the large outdoor area. But the quality of our food was mixed. My shrimp salad was delicious--very interesting combo of ingredients and a good dressing. The zucchini pizza was so so. Crust was average and not enough ingredients in proportion to the crust. The hamburger was good. Sauce on the mussels not as good as many other places. But if you want to get together with folks in this neighborhood, and especially if you want to sit outside, it's a good place. I've rated it 3 but it's really 3.5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Duplex on Third reviews archive.
- Perfect DinnerRichardVIPDined on 5/15/2014Dinner was excellent, Ori my waiter is the best in the LA area I would highly recommend Duplex on Third any time. The steak is awesome, fresh vegetables, drinks were perfect. Ori is very attentive and the best!!!!Special Features:
- Another great dinner at DuplexRobertSDined on 5/5/2014This restaurant is great on many levels. Outstanding food, great service, wonderful ambience at a reasonable price. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodhaloDined on 4/27/2014Demetri is the man the best server ever!! It was like mimosa heaven. You can have bottomless mimosas until 12am who does that????? The ambiance was the bomb! I've never been to a place that has perfect seating no matter where you sat. The decor was to die for!!! I'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- One of our favorite LA RestaurantsLaWhatNextVIPDined on 4/26/2014Saturday evening the staff of Duplex on Third went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable experience with our dinner guests. We sent over prior to our arrival a large ballon display. The staff made sure it was given a place of honor at our table. Our waiter, Doug, had a great since of humor and interacted very well with our group. As always the foood was outstanding. Unfortunately they did not have their banana ice cream in stock. Altogether a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great FindlovedeliciousfoodDined on 4/26/2014We were looking for a restaurant with quality food without having to drive into BH and without breaking the bank -Duplex on Third more than filled the bill. Lovely ambiance with a real sparkle. We sat outside on the balcony/ the fire warmers worked really well even though it was a chilly evening. Service was professional, friendly and yet not intrusive! Down to earth place with unique and delicious food. We split the Marche salad & for entrees we had fish special - red snapper- & Pappardelle with Lamb all were delicious & I would definitely order again. Be sure to save room for the Beignets:6 round warm beignets filled with just the right amt of rich chocolate filling /served with a raspberry dipping sauce. OMG they were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandra and mark donovan : UKukvisitors042014Dined on 4/24/2014WE FOUND TH RESTAURANT ON OPEN TABLE STAYING AT THE SOFITEL LA HOTEL WORTH A VISITSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationKristineDined on 4/5/2014Duplex on third left me speechless . I honestly have never had an experience where exceeded my expectations, but duplex definitely did it for me . ❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dining ExperienceFritzVIPDined on 4/5/2014We have tried this restaurant sevel times since it opened. This last experience was very enjoyable. The chef has changed many times which has made the food unpredictable . The MAJOR flaw on this place is the lack of the ownerships ability to keep a chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJorgeBDined on 3/29/2014I went with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday on Saturday night, The food was excellent and the service impeccable. Our waitress was very friendly, attentive and sweet. I love the decor and ambiance. I definitely will come back to this place again. I recommend this restaurant..Special Features:
- Great DinnerRichardVIPDined on 3/28/2014Dinner was great the duck was cooked perfectly and the scallops were fresh and delious We have been here several times perfect patio dining drinks and food are always perfect This time only thing we didn't care for was the waitress she was good friendly she just didn't know her menu specials and couldn't answer questions very well. Other than that great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lunch specials were delicious,jennyVIPDined on 3/25/2014The lunch specials were delicious, and the waiter suggested we split them all- a perfect solution for 3 wonem who couldn't decide. can't wait to go back. Decorated beautifully and heaters on the patios.Special Features:
- Lovely Evening OutPromogalDined on 3/22/2014My husband & I have been wanting to try Duplex for a few months & finally were able to carve time to go. We had a lovely table by the window just for two. The staff was extremely accommodating, knew the specials & were helpful in confirming our choice. We started with mussels & chorizo w/ tomato-saffron broth as well as the lamb meatballs which were very good. The braised short rib and parmesan risotto with balsamic and pineapple glazed pearl onions. My husband had what he called one of the best steaks he ever had - although he didn't care for the lobster mashed potatoes. Dessert of chocolate truffle beignets & strawberry sauce and butterscotch creme brulee topped off the meal. All in all a lovely dinner and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Quiet in middayNICUCNSDined on 3/20/2014The food was great and the staff attentive. This was the first time I visited since the closing of Barefoot in the same location. We had lunch early midday on a weekday, and it was a bit quiet for the kind of vibe I was seeking, but that made it very pleasant for socializing with my group. Pricing was quite reasonable. They have some interesting-looking cocktails on the menu which I may come back to try when I don't have to return to work afterward. I hope they succeed -- it is a wonderful space with lots going for it.Special Features:
- Boozy Bday BrunchSandraDined on 2/23/2014Great spot for a birthday celebration! Petro was very nice and attentive, the food was excellent and the bottomless mimosas made for a very happy birthday for me!!!! Will be taking others to Duplex on Third very soon!Special Features:
- ChurchillWehodinerDined on 2/18/2014We had a delicious dinner a couple nights ago to celebrate my cousin's graduation. We brought our own wine so can't speak to their list, however for the food the carbonara and short ribs were both filled with flavor and portions were perfect. Our server was also great, I think I'm used to too many ego-driven LA servers and he was nothing but kind and attentive, a real plus to the dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but not too specialbobmelrosefoodieVIPDined on 2/16/2014The place looks great! Like Moderne Lodge. Food was fine; but farmer's market picks cooked and presented on small plates is feeling like a Los Angeles cliché at this point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fave little gemRagtagmanVIPDined on 2/15/2014Among the snobbier hotspots in this corner of town, Duplex is a great casual place for lunch or dinner with a glass of wine. The noise level is never so bad you can't have a normal conversation, and quite often it isn't very crowded at all. The service loves to see regulars. And the food is delicious, especially my current favorite: the short ribs over risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2014they were out of most of the appetizers by the time we sat down at 8:30. Restaurant was half full so it's not like they were busy. Wife had a fish and I had a steak. Neither was good. Left hungry. Not recommended. Met another couple a few days later, they happened to be there the same night and had the same bad experience. Maybe it was just a rough night for the restaurant but this was valentine's day when they're overcharging for everything. You'd assume they'd put their best foot forward in such a situation.
- Excellent experiencePf1980Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I were there for Valentine´s dinner and we had a great time. Service (Andrew) was outstanding and the food was delicious. We sat outside and it was quiet with soft music.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchTBlovesfoodDined on 2/8/2014Food and service were great. Lots of menu items to choose from. We sat outdoors which was really nice and although the weather was a little cool, the heat lamps made up for it. The only noise came from emergency vehicles that whizzed by on two separate occasions. But that's to be expected when it's virtually across the street from a hospital. Bottomless sangria was delicious. We had a great time and definitely going back to try something else from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance, average foodStanDined on 1/25/2014I loved the style of the outdoor patio and and casual living room atmosphere of the dining room was great as well. It's a great date spot. I thought the food was pretty average. If the food could keep up with the ambiance I'd be more inclined to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So fun!SOPHDined on 1/25/2014I went here for a birthday brunch around 11 am on a Saturday.. It was a sunny day so we sat outside on the patio. It was such a fun brunch.. bottomless mimosas $15, they were never empty! The food was also really delicious.. I had the omelete and potatoes (very delicious) but my friends had the pizzas which they said were delicious. Good service.Special Features:
- Really good food and service here.booboo24Dined on 1/23/2014I went one night with 2 of my girlfriends. It was not very crowded but that was fine with us. We really wanted to be able to hear each other talk. The waiter was very friendly and went over the specials and all our questions. We had some. We each had something different and loved it all. They also have a great wine list and 2 of my friends had wine and were very happy with their choices. We also had dessert and coffee at the end. The food and service were really good. I would definitely go back and have told my other friends to go as well. They have valet in front so you don't have to look for parking. The area gets crowded up fast due to being close to Cedar's Sinai hospital but we didn't have a problem getting in and out fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceMatteoDined on 1/21/2014Beautiful interior. Staff friendly, a little hurried and harried. Food good, not over the top great, but good. Wine list reasonable. Will return - its worth it.Special Features: