Duo Restaurant & Lounge
29555 Northwestern Highway, Suite 304
Southfield, MI 48034Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Duo Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dineduo.com/
- Phone: 2489969929
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Closed
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 4pm - 12am
Wednesday - 4pm - 12am
Thursday - 4pm - 2am
Friday - 4pm - 2am
Saturday - 5pm - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Global, International
- Executive Chef: John Del Proposto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Duo Restaurant & Lounge
Styled by award-winning designer Ron Rea, DUO Restaurant & Lounge features new American fare with an eclectic and evolving menu constructed by Executive Chef John Del Proposto. Inspired by trend-setting establishments in New York City and Chicago, DUO Restaurant & Lounge boasts 3 defined seating options, whether you want to catch the game in the bar, enjoy cocktails with friends in the lounge, or have dinner with the family in the dining room. With private dining and off-site catering available, DUO Restaurant & Lounge is able to accommodate your private events and corporate meetings as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Duo Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Two thumbs up isn't enough..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Had an awesome time celebrating my birthday with close friends. While waiting for the rest of my party we were seated in the bar area and the porters immediately came over to great us with water. After being seated we were greeted by our server Portia who was absolutely awesome! She was knowledgeable about the menu, and honest about her likes and dislikes, which some may think is wrong, but we absolutely appreciated. We were all pleased with the food and drink selections she suggested and the ambiance was incredible. I would definitely recommend this venue.Special Features:
- DecentBirthdaycake1Dined on 4/5/2014The facility was very nice, waitress was nice and hospitably. However, the hostess was rude and not very personable. There also is a huge seating issue when you stay for the club transition. You don't have a seat unless you buy a botttle although you have been a patron in the restrurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingKenjjjjjDined on 3/14/2014A co worker told me about this place. She shared with me it was Nice Restaraunt for a romantic enviornment. Which the enviornment was nice. Reservation for 9pm show up on time, we wait 10 minutes at the door, finally I had to walk through the tester ain't to interrupt a busboy who was doing his job by the way. He went searching for the greeter, she arrives it's now 9:25. She is for some reason visably upset with the busboy for coming to get her. Without speaking nor appoloizing for the on she says you have to finish eating and cash out by 10:30. Then I shared with her we are not going to rush to eat, and I requested to speak to a manager and she stated she was. Total waste of time.Special Features:
- Wife fell in love with DUOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I took my wife to this place last year for Valentines day and she was absolutely astound with the live entertainment and the great drinks that were served. My only problem was with the online reservation was not picked up, resulting in multiple emails about not showing up in which I did. DUO please update your guest list when they arrive. What's the point in setting the appointment if it can't be followed. Other then that it was absolutely great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying HardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2014All the credit to the wait staff, it was dead that night due to bad weather and the wait staff were super attentive. Out with work colleagues and we didn't quite get the night club cool in a suburban strip mall but that provided some comic relief.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at the DuoSR50Dined on 2/5/2014unfortunately, we had a major snow storm which shut down most of the traffic and the crowd. We were the only four people at 7 PM having dinner but by the time we finished around 9, many people trickled in. The jazz performance scheduled was cancelled which may be the reason for the low turn out. The food was good and the service was very attentive. Did not like when the main course arrived even before we finished with the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food deliciousMarlaDined on 1/17/2014We all liked our food, although my husband's dish was a little cold. The twin lobster tails were excellent. The service was excellent. The waitress was very attentive and concerned about how we liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriblegoldieDined on 12/21/2013This is a lounge? In a strip mall? The place was TOTALLY empty. It was us and 1 other party of 5. They didn't have any wines available off the wine list--they were out! The rugs were all thread-bear and this place was not good.
- HorribleTashaDined on 12/14/2013We were there for a work function, party of 13. as if with large groups we arrived at different times. They refused to serve the first dix people the pre-ordered and pre-paid appetizers. We had to ask for the server to take our dinner and drink order.If you enjoy great food and good service than find a different resturant. I have this place one star because they wouldn't let me give anything lower. The filet mignon was tough, the strip steak was so small it looked like a pork chop(also tough) the salmon was over cooked and the appetizers( all six if them) were cold. Every cut of meat was different and tough. We ordered 5 bottles of wine, the service was so poor we poured four of them outselves.
- Not greatFrequentDinerDined on 12/7/2013This restaurant has very poor ambiance. The seating is very ordinary. We arrived on a very busy night. We were seated near the kitchen. Once our drink and food orders were taken we were not given bread or any accompaniments to our meal. I ordered the chopped salad and my husband ordered a steak. His steak was cooked medium rare when he asked for medium well. It was served with mashed potatoes. There was no vegetable or garnish on the plate. His steak was taken back to the kitchen and recooked. My chopped salad was too wet and tasted like they used bottled ranch dressing. Overall, very weak and tasteless. No straws offered with the iced water. Overall a poor dining experience. I will not return.
- Two for DuoDuofortwoDined on 10/26/2013Excellent food and great prices. That simple. The salmon was fantastic.Special Features:
- NicesmileDined on 10/19/2013It was very nice and enjoyable the music was low and just had a nice astohpmere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!MsBrigRNDined on 10/18/2013Loved the food and atmosphere, great setting for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!sugarglitter891Dined on 10/11/2013Loved the restaurant and the food. Our waiter made our experience 10x better as well. Would definitely recommend coming and here and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get up & go NOWBigPakDined on 10/9/2013Most awesome establishment. Lemon chicken dish was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place2bornot2bDined on 10/9/2013Food was very good. Nice presentation and nice portion. That said, the service started out very slow. The hostess was not polite or even friendly. Felt like she was not happy to have to do her job. Overall, wait staff and hostess need to know how to deal with special diet requests, especially when the request was given when the reservation was made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome WineDiskbabeDined on 10/4/2013This is a very quaint restaurant with a good wine list and great service. We had a good time in the early evening for dinner. I would recommend this for people who like a bar atmosphere and lively people. It was not so great for vegetarian options overall but accommodated very well for us. Their eggplant appetizer is the best and will go over and over again for it.Special Features:
- Worst Experience EverneveragainDined on 9/19/2013When I entered the restaurant there was no one at the hostess stand. After about 5 minutes a female came from the back with a very low cut top on...completely unprofessional. She approached my party but did not apologize for the wait, had no smile or ask us how we were doing...she just said, "how may I help you?" It is a restaurant...what did she think we were there for? There was no one else in the entire restaurant, she decided to take us all the way to the back of the restaurant and sit us outside the kitchen. I asked if we could move over one booth so not to be outside the kitchen, she moved the menus and just walked away. The wait staff has no clue! Manager has a bull dog attitude and they attempted to over charge us three times.
- Bitter SweetTiffiBDined on 8/30/2013I reserved an area for about 15 ppl for a surprise birthday dinner for my sister. The wait staff, awesome! Very patient, attentive, and accommodating. Unfortunately, while we were enjoying our dessert, the ceiling began to leak water. Not just a drip but a steady stream of water…. We were moved to a reserved area where the DJ plays music to continue our gathering but once again, this area began to leak steady streams of water as well. At this point, the establishment decided to close the lounge for the night due to the plumbing/ structural issues. A good time was had by all but our celebration was cut a bit short….. (Bitter Sweet)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duo is nice fur happy hourTastyDined on 8/20/2013I enjoy the food, however for the price, their happy hour is the best value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lobster tails,saveCanuckDined on 8/10/2013Awesome lobster tails,save room for desert.Carrot cheesecake worth the trip!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the DuoDwayneDined on 8/7/2013Although I have heard great things about this place (friends, reviews) our experience was a bit different. Ambiance was nice, had a birthday party going on too. That made it an extra wait to get served but not too long. Had the Atlantic Salmon, which my wife said was a bit fishy and since it was grilled seemed a bit overdone. Maybe next time I will have something else to judge a better opinion, but overall its a nice hangout place with a diverse crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestSandraDined on 8/3/2013Duo is one of my fave restaurants from the dining area to the vibrant lounge they have it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The right momentDeenTeeDined on 7/26/2013When your looking for a comfortable evening night with your special one this is the spot. If your looking to do a celebration this is the spot. This place makes it the right moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun @ Duo'sDawnDined on 7/25/2013My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Duo's. Great service, wonderful food - enjoyed our evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, anOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2013Good food, good service, an overall good experience. A bit too much music coming from the lunge area, must have been Kareoke night:)Special Features:
- pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2013My fiance and I went here earlier in the evening so the place was not real crowded , quiet and romantic dinner, our waiter was exccellent, knew the menu well and able to make on the mark suggestions. Ambience was very cozy and allowed us to have a nice dinner. The food well very flavorful, however if I had to make one mark down, this would be more of a suggestion to the chef, The food seemed excecssively salty. The food was very good , steak was cooked excellent, it really did not need what seemed like excessive salt/ We had the new york strip and the chicken alfredo, over all a very good experience.Special Features:
- TrendyLuvfoodDined on 7/19/2013The food was great. A romantic dinner would be hard to pull off if seated near the bar area because you could hear everyone's conversations. Other than that, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great Date Night Spot for CouplesDetSouthfieldConnectionDined on 7/13/2013This is the perfect restaurant for an intimate date with a great meal. The wait staff was courteous, pleasant, and knowledgeable. The cocktails were delicious. The food was awesome and moderately priced. Definitely a place to have an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dud for atmosphere, Kudos for foodEddieManDined on 7/5/2013My wife and I have never came to this restaurant but was familiar w/the area... Upon arrival, mandatory valet was a turn off as this we felt the restaurant did not deem this type reception. Restaurant décor was very puzzling as it appeared to have an identity crisis. Dark and gloomy w/a loud bar nearby to distract from a quiet almost non-existent entrance (front door is hard to find). The décor was a mix of trendy, mob-gangster gallery wall photos to sparse dark lighting and wall treatments. Not at all inviting for dinner and drinks. Wait staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was very good (steaks and filet we prepared as ordered!) Would I go back? Probably no.
- Too priceyBoomergirlDined on 7/5/2013Portions for appetizers very small for the price. Still can't believe I paid $14 for sangria. Paid $7 at Sweet Lorraine's and it was much better. The only good thing I can say is that our server was excellent. The bill was $75 for 2 and we each had one drink and shared an appetizer. The entrees were basically ala carte and not worth the nearly $20 price for lemon chicken and salmon. I will never go back there, I only went for a special dinner for my friend. She picked the place as she has been there before. She was also disappointed. Considering the location, I'm surprised the prices are so high and that they're still open.
- Wow. Food was amazingEmily48025Dined on 6/29/2013The filet was incredible. Very good...and the service was top notch. Jason was very friendly and attentive. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBetsyVIPDined on 6/13/2013Jason was our server, he was terrific; the grilled salmon was superb and my friend had the filet, she said it was excellent. The vegetable medley (I don't eat cooked vegetables so get ready for this statement) was DELICIOUS. I was so hungry I even ate the cooked vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To many stipulationsJwpawsDined on 5/17/2013I went with a group of 9. We went during happy hour, however happy hour does not exist in the dining area only at the bar. I have never heard of this. So while at the bar, our items were happy hour prices, however, once we were seated they cost double. Then one of the group asked for a apple martini, the waitress asked what brand of vodka she would like and named several. She chose Ciroc, once the bill came, her two apple martinis were $25. There was a $9 fee for the ciroc that the waitress failed to mention. Also the restaurant does not separate checks, in the era of debit cards, how is this a good idea? Nice atmosphere but they have to many "rules" that are ridiculous.
- Enjoyed the great food, musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013Enjoyed the great food, music (old school R&B), and service. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013This was a great place to go with anyone and have dinner/drinks. The places looks like something you would see downtown Detroit or in the ATL. Very nice.Special Features:
- Good for drinks and atmosphere !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The place was fun. Enjoyed the atmosphere and drinks are very good. The food and service was just ok. I would go back late night for the drinks and atmosphere and just get a burger instead of a Filet.Special Features:
- Worth every penny.....a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Duo was just the right spot for our date. It was the perfect setting and the service was awesome. Our waitress, Bronze was the best. I wud definitely return. Prices are high but it is worth it for the great service and food.Special Features:
- good food nice decor greatjennDined on 3/16/2013good food nice decor great friendly service good bar selection not too loud or to quiet accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Fast and great service, I was impressed everyone was very attentive and polite. Very short wait on food and drinks if any.Special Features: