20 Broad St
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dunenantucket.com/
- Phone: 5082285550
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch from 12-3 and dinner 6-10, bar opens at 5
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Getter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Dune
Dune, new to Nantucket in 2009, is a creation of Michael Getter, formerly of 21 Federal and American Seasons restaurants. The décor in our three distinct dining rooms is a blend of sophisticated elegance and soothing comfort. Along with our exotic quartzite bar and charming patio we offer an extensive selection of handcrafted cocktails, wines, liquors and cordials along with offering full lunch, dinner and dessert menus. The ever changing menu showcases an innovative selection of the finest in seasonal local produce, fish and meats from regional farms and select purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Dune reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (60)great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (45)hot spot (32)notable wine list (29)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Top choiceJoecatDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I are truly "foodies". We were in Nantucket for three nights found Dune the first night on recommendation it was so good we had a go back the third night. The combination of flavors, the care in preparation of the food, the tight staff/service to me, was as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and servicekas734Dined on 10/14/2014Glad they were still open during the off season! Reservations were recommended even in October so they would definitely be needed ahead of time during the summer. Very nice design inside and comfortable atmosphere but could get a little noisy since it is an open floor plan on the main level with tables and a small bar. They have an outdoor area but it was closed when we went. The seafood was fresh and cooked perfectly with lots of fresh herbs. The menu had a nice variety of dishes with some fusion of Thai and Asian flavors in a few dishes. Save room for ice cream for dessert! The cocktails while expensive were well made and well worth it - try the four seasons if you are a bourbon drinker!Special Features:
- Good Nantucket restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2014We heard Dune was a "hot" new restaurant on the Nantucket dining scene...our meal was enjoyable, but not memorable. The waiter and the rest of the staff seemed distracted & not particularly welcoming. The dining area was small (perhaps there was more room upstairs?) and there was no particular ambiance or privacy. Overall, we thought it was good but would not be in any particular rush to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MacTDined on 10/4/2014The only disappointment was the appetizer Oysters Casino which three of the four of us ordered and unfortunately were overly salted. Our waiter took exception to the fact that we complained that they were too salty and had him clear them unfinished. Otherwise it was a delightful meal. This was not our first time dining at Dune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it.KoshkaDined on 10/4/2014Very nice and quiet atmosphere. Excellent service and great food! We enjoyed every single moment there and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit too salty for my tasteYukaWSDined on 10/3/2014Food was interesting and good, but too salty and sweet for my taste. I prefer it to be more subtle so that I could taste ingredients better.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/1/2014We had a great dinner. Tasted many different main courses and our party of 6 were all happy with their mealsSpecial Features:
- Slightly disappointedACKLoverDined on 10/1/2014It was a rainy night. We had reservations and still waited 30 minutes. Our server was very busy. At least 3 other people brought us our food and/or water. Salad was good. The risotto couldve been frozen mixed veggies tossed with rice. Very unimpressive. Husbands duck confit was perfect but his fish entree was very blah especially with the avocado topping. Too much mild for little to no spice. Desserts were okay.Special Features:
- Successful nightnepoDined on 10/1/2014Good food/service. Downstairs is more intimate but still noisy.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014If we could give Dune a higher rating we would! Fabulous service, wine and food. Start to finish 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant Week GemJimLDined on 9/30/2014Ladies night out for Restaurant Week and Dune could accommodate our group. We said great, not expecting it would be absolutely fantastic. Each meal delicious and generous portions. Dessert incredible. A real hidden gem and loved full menu was available for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Tiny DiningCAPECRUSADERDined on 9/27/2014Super small restaurant. Less than 7 tables. Tiny bar. Seemed very bright inside..not really romantic .Seating was OK…kind of like a runway affect. one long booth seat shared by the tables. Did not like the set up that much. Menu was varied but not a lot of choices. Food was just OK. Service was really good. The only steak choice was over a salad. Not my favorite. The chicken was cooked with skin on which was a bit rubbery. My husband got a pork chop that was good. Price was fair enough..a bit high.Special Features:
- GigiDined on 9/26/2014I think Dune has provided the best food on the Island this summerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJoDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful food--both of us had the sirloin---great presentation, great service, very nice evening. Would absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty as a PictureTAJODined on 9/18/2014Dune is a top notch restaurant. Nice ambiance, very good service and excellent food. It was a tough choice with so many great sounding entrees, but we both had the grilled swordfish. It was very nicely prepared withe the presentation being quite lovely - almost like an artist's palette. I have never done this before, butI actually took a picture of the entree, since it was so nicely presented.Special Features:
- Nice, nice, niceRingleaderDined on 9/14/2014Very nicely decorated; monochromatic with just the right amount of texture. Greeted nicely; and attentive service continued. Food was way above nice; we each enjoyed fish cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Desert Wes super nice; the chocolate sampler helped us finish the very nice cabernet we ordered to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably priced for NantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant has very tasty and well prepared cuisine. It's recommended by many of the islanders. We have dined several times. They were even accommodating to my vegan girlfriends needs.Special Features:
- Excellent food and presentationPJC15VIPDined on 9/6/2014Dune offers many unique dishes, mixtures of flavors/ingredients that you don't find just anywhere - The servers were friendly, helpful, and very attentive. We will return. The creme brulee cheesecake was delish!Special Features:
- Never disappoints !JpfNJgirlieDined on 9/4/2014This is the second time we went, and as before, blown away by the creativity and taste combinations this kitchen produces. From appetizers (delicious corn & lobster bisque), to entree (tender filet with scrumptious veggies) to amazing desserts (warm doughnut with sugar coated apple!) everything was delicious! Don't worry if some food combinations seam a little strange, take the jump and enjoy, you won't regret it! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still ImpressiveIslndfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Dune started out strong when it opened and hasn't faltered. The food is innovative without being over the top. The presentation and portion sizes are perfect. We started with the Beef Carpaccio and the Saffron Bisque with Lobster… both excellent. The fluke was perfect, and the garlic frites always are pleasing. Dune is a star on the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything we ordered was delicious, and super fresh.Special Features:
- Complicated foodDrewDined on 8/27/2014Dune is a beautiful restaurant that feels like it would comfortably fit into an upper east side neighborhood, but the food felt too fussy and complicated for its beach town locale. The tuna tartare appetizer, despite crunchy bits on top and two different sauces dotted about the plate tasted pedestrian. The gazpacho was good, but had too many different favors to really come together, and arrived at the table looking like a bowl of green glop. My fish entree came with a corn relish, corn purée, and about 15 different vegetables that simply distracted from the otherwise delicious fish. It was a nice dinner, but I'd try somewhere else next time I'm in Nantucket.
- ExcellentLifetimeNewYorkerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Consistently wonderful meals. Food is creative and superb, and always beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for different optionGeorgiaFoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great dinner. Would have expected more seafood options being in Nantucket and so close on the water, but this is a good option if you don't like seafood.Special Features:
- good food but too loud to enjoyFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014the noise level at this restaurant is off the charts! good food and good service but acoustics require patrons to shout in order to carry on any dinner conversation.
- City like dining on an islandTK11VIPDined on 8/22/2014Contemporary designed restaurant with warm colors. Beautifully presented food that tastes just as good. We got the lobster roll (meat bit chewy, not as tender) but tasted yummy. Carpaccio is beautifully presented and delicious with the crisped onion on top. Expensive lunch place, but a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dune delivers excellenceJHD3Dined on 8/21/2014This was our third visit to Dune, and each time the chefs and staff have provided a memorable evening. The service is skilled and attentive, and the kitchen provides superbly delicious and fresh dishes. This time we started with a fantastic tomato-cucumber gazpacho and a kale caesar salad with white anchovies. The roast chicken and pork chop entrees are amazing, and local fish is always a treat. It is a nice idea to start with a drink at the outside or inside bars, and their wine list is varied and contains many special bottles. To top it off, the desserts are amazing, especially the trio of chocolates. We will always recommend Dune to visitors to Nantucket and can't wait to return to this excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinajaneVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great place to dine in Nantucket. Food was delicious, service excellent and wine list extensive. Would highly recommend yo anyone echo loves hood quality food.Special Features:
- Won best dessert and kale CaesarNantucketNightsDined on 8/18/2014We sat outside. Dune wins best dessert for the doughnut experience and best on the island (so far) kale Caesar salad (everyone seems to be offering these this year).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions. Over-pricedDiningDanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for dinner, relatively small menu and entrees $30+. My wife ordere the 'half chicken' which was 4 bites. Turns out they serve 1/2 Cornish Game Hen. But call it 1/2 chicken because no one was ordering it. Really ???
- Incredible SurpriseFMRhodeDined on 8/14/2014I was a bit cautious given we were able to get a table with relatively short notice. Ended up having one of the more memorable meals I've had in a long time. All three courses (soft shell crab, NY strip, bread pudding) were absolutely fantastic, and the other five in our party all loved their dishes as well. Server was great. One of the best meals I've had on Nantucket in a long time.Special Features:
- Delicious Delight on Nantucketvkk32VIPDined on 8/14/2014On a whim we went to Nantucket for the day and booked a reservation for that evening. Fortunately we had to eat early to allow plenty of time for dinner and catching the ferry back to Hyannis. A later reservation would not have been possible and after dining there I know why. The food was outstanding. I had the fluke with summer vegetables and forbidden rice. It melted in my mouth. My dining companion had the swordfish and said it was the best swordfish she had ever had. We shared a blueberry lemon tartlet for dessert and left the table very satisfied and happy customers. Our server was extremely helpful and very personable. On the negative side, the drinks could have been better. Next time I'll order wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I are both vegetarian. Dune has several delicious veggie options plus a vegetarian tasting plate that was excellent. The waitstaff was great and provided several quality recommendations. Cocktails were superb.Special Features:
- Consistently DelectableGarutchDined on 8/11/2014Each year for as many as Dune has been open we have enjoyed it. Tuna with a crunchy panzanella tomatoe coulis cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing GemAnnieoVIPDined on 8/9/2014I was recently dining single, and decided to eat at the all outdoor bar. The bartender was friendly and entertaining. The signature dessert of fig bread pudding with maple bacon ice cream stole the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodieDined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent. Nice ambiance. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so Good!RjfandatfVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our fourth time back to Dune, we each had excellent meals...Special Features:
- Always ExcellentScottVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our favorite place for lunch. Excellent food with relaxed and friendly yet polished service.Special Features:
- Tasty and artisticLeslieWDined on 7/31/2014Flavor choices were perfect. Presentation was excellent, and taste did not disappoint!! Loved the soft shell crab appetizer- deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealSwentopEatsDined on 7/29/2014Four of us went to eat at Dune which was our fourth night out eating at great Nantucket restaurants. Everyone felt that Dune was the big surprise and we all put it at the top of the four we ate at this week! A great dining experience with fabulous dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.