20 Broad St
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dunenantucket.com/
- Phone: 5082285550
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch from 12-3 and dinner 6-10, bar opens at 5
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Getter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Dune
Dune, new to Nantucket in 2009, is a creation of Michael Getter, formerly of 21 Federal and American Seasons restaurants. The décor in our three distinct dining rooms is a blend of sophisticated elegance and soothing comfort. Along with our exotic quartzite bar and charming patio we offer an extensive selection of handcrafted cocktails, wines, liquors and cordials along with offering full lunch, dinner and dessert menus. The ever changing menu showcases an innovative selection of the finest in seasonal local produce, fish and meats from regional farms and select purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dune reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (60)great for outdoor dining (56)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (47)hot spot (30)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (22)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Pretty as a PictureTAJODined on 9/18/2014Dune is a top notch restaurant. Nice ambiance, very good service and excellent food. It was a tough choice with so many great sounding entrees, but we both had the grilled swordfish. It was very nicely prepared withe the presentation being quite lovely - almost like an artist's palette. I have never done this before, butI actually took a picture of the entree, since it was so nicely presented.Special Features:
- Nice, nice, niceRingleaderDined on 9/14/2014Very nicely decorated; monochromatic with just the right amount of texture. Greeted nicely; and attentive service continued. Food was way above nice; we each enjoyed fish cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Desert Wes super nice; the chocolate sampler helped us finish the very nice cabernet we ordered to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably priced for NantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant has very tasty and well prepared cuisine. It's recommended by many of the islanders. We have dined several times. They were even accommodating to my vegan girlfriends needs.Special Features:
- Excellent food and presentationPJC15VIPDined on 9/6/2014Dune offers many unique dishes, mixtures of flavors/ingredients that you don't find just anywhere - The servers were friendly, helpful, and very attentive. We will return. The creme brulee cheesecake was delish!Special Features:
- Never disappoints !JpfNJgirlieDined on 9/4/2014This is the second time we went, and as before, blown away by the creativity and taste combinations this kitchen produces. From appetizers (delicious corn & lobster bisque), to entree (tender filet with scrumptious veggies) to amazing desserts (warm doughnut with sugar coated apple!) everything was delicious! Don't worry if some food combinations seam a little strange, take the jump and enjoy, you won't regret it! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still ImpressiveIslndfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Dune started out strong when it opened and hasn't faltered. The food is innovative without being over the top. The presentation and portion sizes are perfect. We started with the Beef Carpaccio and the Saffron Bisque with Lobster… both excellent. The fluke was perfect, and the garlic frites always are pleasing. Dune is a star on the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything we ordered was delicious, and super fresh.Special Features:
- Complicated foodDrewDined on 8/27/2014Dune is a beautiful restaurant that feels like it would comfortably fit into an upper east side neighborhood, but the food felt too fussy and complicated for its beach town locale. The tuna tartare appetizer, despite crunchy bits on top and two different sauces dotted about the plate tasted pedestrian. The gazpacho was good, but had too many different favors to really come together, and arrived at the table looking like a bowl of green glop. My fish entree came with a corn relish, corn purée, and about 15 different vegetables that simply distracted from the otherwise delicious fish. It was a nice dinner, but I'd try somewhere else next time I'm in Nantucket.
- ExcellentLifetimeNewYorkerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Consistently wonderful meals. Food is creative and superb, and always beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for different optionGeorgiaFoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great dinner. Would have expected more seafood options being in Nantucket and so close on the water, but this is a good option if you don't like seafood.Special Features:
- good food but too loud to enjoyFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014the noise level at this restaurant is off the charts! good food and good service but acoustics require patrons to shout in order to carry on any dinner conversation.
- City like dining on an islandTK11VIPDined on 8/22/2014Contemporary designed restaurant with warm colors. Beautifully presented food that tastes just as good. We got the lobster roll (meat bit chewy, not as tender) but tasted yummy. Carpaccio is beautifully presented and delicious with the crisped onion on top. Expensive lunch place, but a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dune delivers excellenceJHD3Dined on 8/21/2014This was our third visit to Dune, and each time the chefs and staff have provided a memorable evening. The service is skilled and attentive, and the kitchen provides superbly delicious and fresh dishes. This time we started with a fantastic tomato-cucumber gazpacho and a kale caesar salad with white anchovies. The roast chicken and pork chop entrees are amazing, and local fish is always a treat. It is a nice idea to start with a drink at the outside or inside bars, and their wine list is varied and contains many special bottles. To top it off, the desserts are amazing, especially the trio of chocolates. We will always recommend Dune to visitors to Nantucket and can't wait to return to this excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinajaneVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great place to dine in Nantucket. Food was delicious, service excellent and wine list extensive. Would highly recommend yo anyone echo loves hood quality food.Special Features:
- Won best dessert and kale CaesarNantucketNightsDined on 8/18/2014We sat outside. Dune wins best dessert for the doughnut experience and best on the island (so far) kale Caesar salad (everyone seems to be offering these this year).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions. Over-pricedDiningDanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for dinner, relatively small menu and entrees $30+. My wife ordere the 'half chicken' which was 4 bites. Turns out they serve 1/2 Cornish Game Hen. But call it 1/2 chicken because no one was ordering it. Really ???
- Incredible SurpriseFMRhodeDined on 8/14/2014I was a bit cautious given we were able to get a table with relatively short notice. Ended up having one of the more memorable meals I've had in a long time. All three courses (soft shell crab, NY strip, bread pudding) were absolutely fantastic, and the other five in our party all loved their dishes as well. Server was great. One of the best meals I've had on Nantucket in a long time.Special Features:
- Delicious Delight on Nantucketvkk32VIPDined on 8/14/2014On a whim we went to Nantucket for the day and booked a reservation for that evening. Fortunately we had to eat early to allow plenty of time for dinner and catching the ferry back to Hyannis. A later reservation would not have been possible and after dining there I know why. The food was outstanding. I had the fluke with summer vegetables and forbidden rice. It melted in my mouth. My dining companion had the swordfish and said it was the best swordfish she had ever had. We shared a blueberry lemon tartlet for dessert and left the table very satisfied and happy customers. Our server was extremely helpful and very personable. On the negative side, the drinks could have been better. Next time I'll order wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I are both vegetarian. Dune has several delicious veggie options plus a vegetarian tasting plate that was excellent. The waitstaff was great and provided several quality recommendations. Cocktails were superb.Special Features:
- Consistently DelectableGarutchDined on 8/11/2014Each year for as many as Dune has been open we have enjoyed it. Tuna with a crunchy panzanella tomatoe coulis cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing GemAnnieoVIPDined on 8/9/2014I was recently dining single, and decided to eat at the all outdoor bar. The bartender was friendly and entertaining. The signature dessert of fig bread pudding with maple bacon ice cream stole the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodieDined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent. Nice ambiance. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJW458VIPDined on 8/2/2014Went to Dune twice this week during our vacation on Nantucket. The food and service were both great as well as the drinks at the bar. I don't often go to the same restaurant in one week!Special Features:
- So so Good!RjfandatfVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our fourth time back to Dune, we each had excellent meals...Special Features:
- Always ExcellentScottVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our favorite place for lunch. Excellent food with relaxed and friendly yet polished service.Special Features:
- Tasty and artisticLeslieWDined on 7/31/2014Flavor choices were perfect. Presentation was excellent, and taste did not disappoint!! Loved the soft shell crab appetizer- deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealSwentopEatsDined on 7/29/2014Four of us went to eat at Dune which was our fourth night out eating at great Nantucket restaurants. Everyone felt that Dune was the big surprise and we all put it at the top of the four we ate at this week! A great dining experience with fabulous dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 3 in NantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Always memorable. Outstanding quality. Fresh. Always something new and different plus dependable standards. We'll be back next year. Maybe again this yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAckfoodDined on 7/24/2014They were great. The food and service were excellent. Thanks Tinker B.Special Features:
- Pricey relative to Other ACK placesRichardVIPDined on 7/22/2014Drinks were the highest price ever charged including NYC; Food was creative but fish tended to be overcooked; Service felt rushedSpecial Features:
- Dinning at DuneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I have had a wonderful dinning experience 2 years in a row at Dune. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing, the service is perfectly friendly and attentative. Best of all, the food is amazing!!!! Once you are served everything about the wine, appetizers, entrees and dessert are better than you imagined! We enjoyed the roasted gold and red beat salad with wipped goat cheese salad with amazing flavors added to compliment, the risotto with seasonal vegetables and toasted parmesian crackers, and their 3 chocolate dessert. We are already looking forward to our next trip to Nantucket which will of coarse include an evening dinning at Dune.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantDaveVIPDined on 7/17/2014I had the softshell crab and swordfish. Both were creatively presented and the sauces for the swordfish were great. This is a high quality restaurant with a modern touch within an old nantucket house. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerMelanieDined on 7/15/2014This a lovely small restaurant. We both had the tuna which was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend Dune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPBdiningVIPDined on 7/15/2014As always, our dining experience at Dune exceeded expectations. In my opinion, the best restaurant on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014The salad was good, but the entree was just OK. It seemed more like they were trying to impress and tried to make it look like it would be great, but it wasn't all that special. A couple of squirted on sauces around the plate, a pile of stuff under the fish but nothing really very good. Desert was a bread pudding that was blah. Forced myself to eat it just so the waiter wouldn't ask why we left so much. He was a nice guy and we didn't want to make him feel bad. Sorry, wish it could have been better.
- Best Meal On VacaMissBHavenDined on 7/11/2014We were a table of 4 girls and this was our favorite meal of our entire vacation! We had heard mixed reviews from locals, but we were certainly glad we went! Our waiter was fantastic and the food was cooked to perfection! I would highly recommend this place and my only suggestion would be to have separate restrooms for male and females. One of us went in to a restroom after a "gentleman" - were he had peed all over the toilet seat.Special Features:
- Don't missbariVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food.Loved the tuna tartare special and would have it daily if I could. Just make sure when the waiter tells you the specials that he doesn't leave for a long time and then come back and tell you they no longer have it after you had your heart et on ordering the special Thats what happened with the tuna tartare so we ordered other appetizers and dinner and then he came back and said the now have the tuna tartar so we ordered it and had it for dessert. We probably wouldn't have ordered other appetizers if we new we could get the tartare. otherwise Dune is a great place and I definitely will go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Great time on a Nantucket Friday night, good food and service...fun summer vibe!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyMelmegDined on 7/11/2014Food was really good but overpriced. Good wine list with some affordable choices.Special Features:
- The BestPBdiningVIPDined on 7/11/2014In my opinion, this is the best restaurant on Nantucket. A real gem. I've never had anything other than a perfect meal and outstanding service.Special Features: