20 Broad St
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dunenantucket.com/
- Phone: 5082285550
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch from 12-3 and dinner 6-10, bar opens at 5
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Getter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Dune
Dune, new to Nantucket in 2009, is a creation of Michael Getter, formerly of 21 Federal and American Seasons restaurants. The décor in our three distinct dining rooms is a blend of sophisticated elegance and soothing comfort. Along with our exotic quartzite bar and charming patio we offer an extensive selection of handcrafted cocktails, wines, liquors and cordials along with offering full lunch, dinner and dessert menus. The ever changing menu showcases an innovative selection of the finest in seasonal local produce, fish and meats from regional farms and select purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dune reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)special occasion (58)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (43)notable wine list (33)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (19)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Won best dessert and kale CaesarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014We sat outside. Dune wins best dessert for the doughnut experience and best on the island (so far) kale Caesar salad (everyone seems to be offering these this year).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions. Over-pricedDiningDanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for dinner, relatively small menu and entrees $30+. My wife ordere the 'half chicken' which was 4 bites. Turns out they serve 1/2 Cornish Game Hen. But call it 1/2 chicken because no one was ordering it. Really ???
- Incredible SurpriseFMRhodeDined on 8/14/2014I was a bit cautious given we were able to get a table with relatively short notice. Ended up having one of the more memorable meals I've had in a long time. All three courses (soft shell crab, NY strip, bread pudding) were absolutely fantastic, and the other five in our party all loved their dishes as well. Server was great. One of the best meals I've had on Nantucket in a long time.Special Features:
- Delicious Delight on Nantucketvkk32VIPDined on 8/14/2014On a whim we went to Nantucket for the day and booked a reservation for that evening. Fortunately we had to eat early to allow plenty of time for dinner and catching the ferry back to Hyannis. A later reservation would not have been possible and after dining there I know why. The food was outstanding. I had the fluke with summer vegetables and forbidden rice. It melted in my mouth. My dining companion had the swordfish and said it was the best swordfish she had ever had. We shared a blueberry lemon tartlet for dessert and left the table very satisfied and happy customers. Our server was extremely helpful and very personable. On the negative side, the drinks could have been better. Next time I'll order wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I are both vegetarian. Dune has several delicious veggie options plus a vegetarian tasting plate that was excellent. The waitstaff was great and provided several quality recommendations. Cocktails were superb.Special Features:
- Consistently DelectableGarutchDined on 8/11/2014Each year for as many as Dune has been open we have enjoyed it. Tuna with a crunchy panzanella tomatoe coulis cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing GemAnnieoVIPDined on 8/9/2014I was recently dining single, and decided to eat at the all outdoor bar. The bartender was friendly and entertaining. The signature dessert of fig bread pudding with maple bacon ice cream stole the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodieDined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent. Nice ambiance. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so Good!RjfandatfVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our fourth time back to Dune, we each had excellent meals...Special Features:
- Always ExcellentScottVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our favorite place for lunch. Excellent food with relaxed and friendly yet polished service.Special Features:
- Tasty and artisticLeslieWDined on 7/31/2014Flavor choices were perfect. Presentation was excellent, and taste did not disappoint!! Loved the soft shell crab appetizer- deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealSwentopEatsDined on 7/29/2014Four of us went to eat at Dune which was our fourth night out eating at great Nantucket restaurants. Everyone felt that Dune was the big surprise and we all put it at the top of the four we ate at this week! A great dining experience with fabulous dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 3 in NantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Always memorable. Outstanding quality. Fresh. Always something new and different plus dependable standards. We'll be back next year. Maybe again this yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAckfoodDined on 7/24/2014They were great. The food and service were excellent. Thanks Tinker B.Special Features:
- Pricey relative to Other ACK placesRichardVIPDined on 7/22/2014Drinks were the highest price ever charged including NYC; Food was creative but fish tended to be overcooked; Service felt rushedSpecial Features:
- Dinning at DuneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I have had a wonderful dinning experience 2 years in a row at Dune. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing, the service is perfectly friendly and attentative. Best of all, the food is amazing!!!! Once you are served everything about the wine, appetizers, entrees and dessert are better than you imagined! We enjoyed the roasted gold and red beat salad with wipped goat cheese salad with amazing flavors added to compliment, the risotto with seasonal vegetables and toasted parmesian crackers, and their 3 chocolate dessert. We are already looking forward to our next trip to Nantucket which will of coarse include an evening dinning at Dune.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantDaveVIPDined on 7/17/2014I had the softshell crab and swordfish. Both were creatively presented and the sauces for the swordfish were great. This is a high quality restaurant with a modern touch within an old nantucket house. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerMelanieDined on 7/15/2014This a lovely small restaurant. We both had the tuna which was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend Dune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPBdiningVIPDined on 7/15/2014As always, our dining experience at Dune exceeded expectations. In my opinion, the best restaurant on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014The salad was good, but the entree was just OK. It seemed more like they were trying to impress and tried to make it look like it would be great, but it wasn't all that special. A couple of squirted on sauces around the plate, a pile of stuff under the fish but nothing really very good. Desert was a bread pudding that was blah. Forced myself to eat it just so the waiter wouldn't ask why we left so much. He was a nice guy and we didn't want to make him feel bad. Sorry, wish it could have been better.
- Best Meal On VacaMissBHavenDined on 7/11/2014We were a table of 4 girls and this was our favorite meal of our entire vacation! We had heard mixed reviews from locals, but we were certainly glad we went! Our waiter was fantastic and the food was cooked to perfection! I would highly recommend this place and my only suggestion would be to have separate restrooms for male and females. One of us went in to a restroom after a "gentleman" - were he had peed all over the toilet seat.Special Features:
- Don't missbariVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food.Loved the tuna tartare special and would have it daily if I could. Just make sure when the waiter tells you the specials that he doesn't leave for a long time and then come back and tell you they no longer have it after you had your heart et on ordering the special Thats what happened with the tuna tartare so we ordered other appetizers and dinner and then he came back and said the now have the tuna tartar so we ordered it and had it for dessert. We probably wouldn't have ordered other appetizers if we new we could get the tartare. otherwise Dune is a great place and I definitely will go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Great time on a Nantucket Friday night, good food and service...fun summer vibe!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyMelmegDined on 7/11/2014Food was really good but overpriced. Good wine list with some affordable choices.Special Features:
- The BestPBdiningVIPDined on 7/11/2014In my opinion, this is the best restaurant on Nantucket. A real gem. I've never had anything other than a perfect meal and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Amazing!NaptownNoshDined on 7/9/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant and were so pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding and the service was stellar. Truly made for a great evening out and we will definitely be returning to this great spot!Special Features:
- One of the best on NantucketMy2CentsVIPDined on 7/8/2014We had a great experience last night at Dune. Our server was fantastic. Very knowledge, personable and funny. She recommended some great choices that really showcased the chef's abilities. Would recommend the beet appetizer and duck appetizer. Tuna special was really good as well. The fluke had a great flavor and wonderful sauce. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Simply Phenomenalhope4fantastiVIPDined on 7/6/2014After 45yrs of wining & dining on ACK, I didn't expect to find a 'new' fantastic restaurant w/phenomenal food, wine & amazingly attentive & knowledgeable service (by Ann;). We would highly recommend Dune to anyone seeking a Upscale food & drink at a great outside bar and/or Superb supper with family and friends at centrally located restaurant serving inside & outside (under awning which only adds to atmosphere) Dune!!!! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Just rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Our first time at Dune and everything was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialDCNYLONVIPDined on 7/3/2014Dune is fine. The atmosphere is fine. The food is fine. The service is fine. But, in Nantucket, there are better places that are better than fine. Each dish was, well, fine. Nothing bad to say, but certainly nothing special either. It's an acceptable place to go when others are booked. But, it's not a destination restaurant.
- Foodies perfect Place.FoodieDined on 7/2/2014Sit at the bar, and love it. Food amazing Great Margarita! Great 1/2 bottle of white whine. App+main course super. Dessert= chocolates tasting wooo! Friendly hosted. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2014First time at Dune, we really enjoyed the ambiance (sat inside, they have an outdoor patio too) and the food was excellent... never had chickpea fries, but they were a winner. Only negative was desert menu wasn't that interesting and the only think we thought looked interesting (doughnut) was sold out. That said we would go back...
- GourmetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014The creative appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts are the best. The service was excellent, always there when we needed it. Highly recommended to small and large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KSawVIPDined on 6/19/2014Food and Service were fantastic!! Definitely recommend the beet salad. My only complaint is the close quarters with other diners. We were a table for 2 that was seated at a table for four which was two tables fused together. This left little room under the table for your feet due to the legs of the tables, which made the seating a little uncomfortable for 2 diners over 6 feet tall.Special Features:
- Mediocre - at bestlovesnycresturants485VIPDined on 6/18/2014Host very nice and accomodating with a nice table. Gravlax made from farmed salmon that wasn't very fresh. Drinks were poor. Waitress not knowledgable, and therefore would have ordered differently if she gave correct info. Broccoli rabe side dish was covered in raisins. Not appetizing. Main course local fish - they ran out - and we were there early. Very poor experience. Will not return. Trying to make fancy food - but I would rather have good food that is less fancy.
- Fathers Day LunchSuzyBDined on 6/15/2014My parents and I enjoyed a Fathers Day Lunch at Dune. We started with mimosas. I enjoyed the Hoisin Duck, a nice bend of flavors. Dad enjoyed his fish tacos with salmon. Mom loved her lobster roll with a buttered, toasted brioche roll. Great service and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- It's okSoWhatDined on 6/14/2014Food was ok - nothing outstanding. Pricey for content. Segments of the meal were good - others could have been better. Mixed Greens salad was dressed very well, good flavor. Tuna with Panzanella Salad was mediocre. Panzanella salad was a mess! Not good. Halibut special was very good. Waiter needs to lose the attitude - he's not in Italy anymore. Our water and bread server was more attentive than our waiter.Special Features:
- one of Nantucket's bestIguessImaFoodieDined on 6/11/2014Dune is on my short-list of best restaurants in Nantucket. And that's saying a lot, given the competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on NantucketJimRVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have been coming to Nantucket for 20 years, and have eaten at almost every restaurant over that time. While there are many good ones, Dune is the most consistently creative, with a regional fresh products focus. This was my 6th time eating there, and I have never been let down in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAmybDined on 6/3/2014My experience at Dune was outstanding all the way around! The food was super fresh and preparers with a very balanced hand. It was the best meal we had on the island and the best meal I've had period in some time. A hat trick of great food, service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.