432 Union Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dumontnyc.com/
- Phone: 7184867717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Mid-day service - Monday- Friday 3:00-6:00; Saturday & Sunday 3:30-6:00 Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Polo Dobkin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from DuMont
Named after the original fourth network and TV brand, DuMont is a true neighborhood restaurant featuring a simple yet thoughtful and well executed menu with a selection of market fresh daily specials. DuMont's intimate layout and cozy ambience make for a unique dining experience with well informed, warm and sincere service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DuMont reviews from OpenTable diners
- Perfect Brooklyn BrunchBrittanyDined on 11/23/2013We had a wonderful brunch for five at Dumont. The waitstaff was incredibly welcoming and accommodating as we continued to add additional arrivals to our group. I ordered the burger which tasted as amazing as all the reviews had said. It has a picturesque outdoor courtyard dining space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth an hour on the #4 & L trainsArmyMREeaterDined on 10/25/2013I enjoyed everything from the appetizers to the beer. Great service and fun atmosphere. The walk over from L on Bedford (although there is a closer stop at Lorimer) was full of other adventures past various other restaurants and vintage clothing shops. The burger and Dumont mac&cheese are everything I have heard about them (tasty and certainly not for those watching their calories. The duck was exceptional. We are going back.Special Features:
- The Place for Burgers!Rjp432Dined on 10/25/2013While you can go to Dumont burger on Bedford, why not enjoy the same great food at a quainter local?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood StapleDrewDined on 10/23/2013I've been coming here since I moved to the area in 2006. The food just keeps getting better and better. While the classic staples of the burger and DuMac and cheese have gone up in price, they're still among the best in the city. The rest of the menu has never disappointed me. This visit's prosciutto-wrapped monkfish was superb, cooked to tender perfection. Also, get the sides. They appear pretty simple, but are just so well executed. And the cocktails might not be the major draw here, but there are usually some really interesting flavor profiles going on and it's worth getting one.Special Features:
- good neighborhood spotJR999999VIPDined on 9/28/2013great outdoor dining space, somewhat loud. nice cocktail list, food is tasty, though not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- he experience from the momentTheaDined on 9/28/2013he experience from the moment we walked in to the "have a good evening" was wonderful. We had reservations at 6:15, we were show a table immediately. Attentive service, the waiter was quite knowledge about the menu and answer all of our questions. Food was delicious. The backyard garden was simply devine on a nice Fall evening. We did not order the burgers, which was good, since now we have to go back and try the burgers. Everyone around us had burgers and the burgers looked amazing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surpriseGraceeDined on 9/24/2013Dumont was recommended by a friend for a birthday celebration. What a charming restaurant! Menu was interesting and varied but not pretentious and the food was beautifully presented and tasted amazing! The wait staff was engaged, paid attention, yet never hovers or intruded. This was a perfect evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific night outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2013Despite a rainy night, Dumont served up a wonderful evening out. The backyard patio remained opened and provided the perfect ambiance thanks to a retractable covering. I was happily surprised to find such an inviting spot to dine. And of course the delicious food and music only added to a great evening out. I highly recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Was Terrific!HowardDined on 9/6/2013Lots of fun to be had at this resto: helpful and attentive servers (Kevin was great!), unique and delicious cocktails, a nice wine list, inventive starters and mains, fantastic desserts. Everyone was happy to let our group of four take our time over dinner, and everything was paced just right. Nothing too fancy about the place, but the food presentation was magnificent. I'd have no hesitation to recommend DuMont for casual, fun, yet fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a very good meal. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2013Just a very good meal. You have to try the DuMac & Cheese.Special Features:
- Perfect summer meallocalguyDined on 8/25/2013We had a perfect summer dinner seated out back on an ideal late summer evening. The food was excellent, well-prepared and plentiful. We started off with summer cocktails, the gin based one with Galiano, Absinthe and fresh mint along with the intersting cheese plate. For the main course, the mussels were plump and delicious as was the scottish salmon. The side dish of fresh corn succotash was what summertime is all about. We also enjoyed a bottle of white wine, the Albarino, from an eclectic and interesting wine list. French press coffee for a finale and the end of a great night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDiner3000Dined on 8/23/2013Great service, great people, great food. Their outdoor area was beautiful. Certainly will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013Had a wonderful experiance here and I am looking foward to going back. Only downside is I felt that my fish had way to much salt on it. But otherwise it was wonderful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013The crispy artichoke salad, dumont Mac and cheese and dumont burger are all great to try whether it's your first time or 10th time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right up the middle.MarkVIPDined on 8/9/2013DuMont is good food at Brooklyn prices -- probably 15% less than a comparable Manhattan restaurant. The burger and mac & cheese are still the standouts, but standbys like steak frites and salads were good, too. (We particularly liked the Dumont salad -- blue cheese and pecans and bacon, something like that.) Oysters were small but fantastic, as clean-tasting as I've had anywhere. Apart from an odd glitch -- waiter "didn't hear" us order oysters -- service was pretty good. At least one spot in covered/enclosed backyard has temperature issues -- too warm to sit comfortably. Not a gourmet restaurant but, for what it is, four stars all around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Every TimeSylviaDined on 8/7/2013We drive from Manhattan just to eat here. Try the Mac & Cheese as an appetizer to share. Am amazing experience!Special Features:
- Mediocre Food, Fun SettingJSGNYCDined on 8/3/2013We were pleased with the atmosphere of the back yard semi-outdoor patio space. It set up well for a small group of friends or a casual/romantic date. Food was nothing to get excited about and left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Perfect summer spotAli212Dined on 7/31/2013I think people forget about Dumont sometimes with all the new hot spots in Williamsburg, but they shouldn't. Great food, wonderful ambiance (ESP in outdoor patio) and perfect food (baby artichokes, Mac and cheese, crumble dessert) . I'm not one who usually cares about service one way or another but we just loved our waiter who spent a lot of time explaining things, checking in on us and was just pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OLD WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2013Dumont's setting in the shadow of the highway, always evokes for me the quaintness of Williamsburg's history-a working class, industrial community. The food however brings me right back to now with a varied and appealing menu and preparation and presentation top-notch. The crab cake appetizer with a tangy melon accompaniment was outstanding. The server was helpful and polite but not overwhelming which for me is perfect. The backyard was very pretty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food!delishDined on 7/18/2013I had a phenomenal dinner at DuMont last week. The muscles with the garlic cream were beyond delicious. And the heirloom tomato salad with watermelon and ricotta was filled with a wonderful mix of flavors and textures.Special Features:
- Willie B FavoriteCatSailingAwayDined on 7/10/2013Reasonably priced. The DuMac and Cheese is to die for as if the Hanger steak and the service is absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Enjoy the Garden in the SummerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/4/2013We have dined at Dumont before during the winter when the semi-enclosed garden dining area is very cold and distracting from an otherwise good dining experience. We therefore enjoyed the opportunity to be in the garden area during the warm weather. It's well-shaded and airy and a nice find in a very popular Brooklyn neighborhood. Our Open Table reservation was honored promptly and we had a choice of several tables, including inside with A/C. The service was friendly and prompt. The restaurant offers reliably good staples like burgers, salads, chicken, and seafood. Nothing fancy, but good food and nice portions. There are some nice daily specials and desserts and the bar has good offerings.Special Features:
- Great spot, no A/Ccity123VIPDined on 6/28/2013Great garden in the back. I have been a few times during this summer (2013) and it's been too hot. There is no A/C? and that's fine, but get some fans and get a breeze. Only complaint is the temperature, but the food and scene is lovely with friends or on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DumontcassDined on 6/28/2013Food was good. The backyard has a beautiful dining space. I will definitely be coming back to try the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dumont is fantastic! The crispykatekDined on 6/8/2013Dumont is fantastic! The crispy fried artichoke which is actually a salad is, hands down, one of the best things I have eaten in a long time. Divine! The pork loin with smokey bourbon sauce was very tender and delicious. The only thing I would change for that main is to add a starch instead of two vege sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dumont is always a great experienceYummyVIPDined on 6/8/2013This is my Saturday morning brunch spot with my sister. We love it, the food is delicious and the outdoor dining is a special added touch!Special Features:
- Never DissapointedChrisDined on 6/7/2013Food is always solid here, and wait staff go out of their way to ensure a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioCRTMDined on 6/4/2013Fantastic outdoor seating area that more than doubles the size of the restaurant while remaining intimate. Great service, typical Brooklyn-y tasty but very heavy fare.Special Features:
- Outside was great!AlziDined on 6/2/2013I was afraid that it would be too hot to sit outside but the covering and the fans helped so much, it was very pleasant!Special Features:
- excellentZapapiniasDined on 5/25/2013Great burgers and desserts, the artichokes were very good too. Very good service, great music and fair price. We will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- informally outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2013Ratings must be taken in the context of informal Williamsburg. Dunont mac and cheese rules!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dumont delishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013Have the burger and Dumac and cheese! They are delish..trief the Devil w a blue dress champsgne cocktail and that wss good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the wine that we wanted toritaDined on 5/12/2013the wine that we wanted to order was not avallable. Dumont Pasta (macarani cheese gratin) is disappointig, too cramy but not tasteful enough. Service is good. There is not enough choice in the card.Special Features:
- Best Mac & CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013My friends and I have gone to a dozen places around NYC and we agree Dumont is the best. I've now been 3 times and it is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Better2late4meDined on 5/4/2013Not sure what happened - wine was a miss...noticed after our first glasses were poured that it was a year younger than ordered...I don't like that. Gnocchi tasted like tater tots swimming in canola oil. Couldn't eat them. Veggie side in the duck confit was also swimming. Steak was good. We had a great meal here on a couple months ago, but were so underwhelmed this will likely be our last for a while.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2013Yummy burgers. Wouldnt seat us without our 3rd guest, even though we had a reservation and both my friend and I were VERY pregnant.
- The food was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food was disappointing. The Rhode Island stuffed clam (a starter) was over-cooked and thus not very tasty. Ditto for the ribs, which had a too-sweet sauce. And the artichokes in the salad had been burned and were too few in number. The hanger steak was OK, and the pasta dish was good, as most cream-based pastas are.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2013I just love DuMont. Such a wonderful surprise when you find the hidden garden. The food is always spot on. Perfect.Special Features:
- Best Mac & Cheese Hands down,RobberyDined on 3/17/2013Best Mac & Cheese Hands down, and I don't really like Mac & Cheese, but I love Dumont's,. Great food, everyone love there dishes.Special Features:
- The garden in the back isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013The garden in the back is really cute, and makes the restaurant. Food was good, but the burger wasn't all that it's cracked up to be. I've read reviews that rave like it's the BURGER TO RULE THEM ALL but was just another regular ol' burger to me. Mac and cheese was really tasty. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features: