Duke's Huntington Beach
317 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dukeshuntington.com/
- Phone: 714-374-6446 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rich Koa wood, a vintage surfboard, and windows out to the Pacific make this intimate, private space perfect for your next small gathering. The Board Room can accommodate up to 28 people.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin (714) 374-6446x
- Entertainment: Strolling Hawaiian musicians and hula dancer during our Sunday brunch from 10am until 2pm.
A word from Duke's Huntington Beach
On the sand at the base of the Huntington Beach Pier, enjoy memorable dining, endless ocean views, and simpler times at Duke's restaurant and Barefoot Bar. Relax and take in the view while you enjoy the Hawaiian beach house ambiance and savor the freshest seafood and prime steaks, uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Duke's Huntington Beach - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
Duke's Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (255)special occasion (172)romantic (93)good for groups (90)great for lunch (82)great for brunch (69)neighborhood gem (66)kid-friendly (65)great for outdoor dining (60)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (51)fit for foodies (51)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)Show More
- Great ExperienceOCFoodDined on 8/31/2014We had a group of 14 of us for dinner. Duke's was very accommodating and we were very pleased with their food. We shared the calamari and most of us had their fish specials for dinner. Everything went great and we had a nice time.Special Features:
- Not Our Best Experience!RosieDined on 8/30/2014Six of us have all been to many Dukes (and their Company Restaurants) from California to Hawaii, but this was a very disappointing and expensive adventure! The front desk and our server was very pleasant but the dining experience was not. Our iced tea arrived with 3-4 almost melted ice cubes and more ice was too late to remedy the problem because it was a watered down version of a drink. The rolls were hard and dry. The Ono was very tough and overcooked and the rice was dry and unappetizing. The petit filet was tough even though it was ordered medium rare though it came out overcooked. The Barramundi was bland and not as flaky. I love this chain and wish I could have been more positive about our meal. This is meant to be helpful.
- FOOD & SERVICE WERE A "10"!ParentsWeekendYr2Dined on 8/30/2014We requested a table near the window which offered a beautiful scenic dinner with the beach and waves! There were 4 in our party and we each ordered something different and all RAVED about our meals, i.e., Ribeye, Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Surf & Turf (Ribeye and Lobster Tail). We ordered two salads to share and they brought them on 4 plates - so very nice! We also shared two appetizers which were wonderful! Our waiter was fantastic; not pushy and always with a smile! I would recommend this restaurant any time! Enjoy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We visited Dukes over Labor Day weekend. We had a table by the window and had a perfect view of the sunset. Food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend Dukes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaroDined on 8/30/2014the ambience, food and service were great. We come here often and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dukes was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We loved our night at dukes. Filet mignon and crab legs and a lemon drop martini with raspberry chambord!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoicesandrabDined on 8/27/2014We made reservations for lunch because we knew there would be a crowd to see the huge surf. Went to Duke ' s because of the best view of the pier and beach. We were not disappointed. Got a seat next to the window, had a terrific lunch, and our waiter told us about his surfing that morning. The crab and macadamia nut won tons are my favorite. My husband had excellent a hi and we both had a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!RicardoPicksDined on 8/26/2014An outstanding meal, superb service, and a location to die for. Waiter Dave and managers were welcoming, attentive and efficient. the Parmagian and herb crusted fish was simply oustanding. Fair prices, and a superb evening.Special Features:
- Lost LusterdinerDined on 8/24/2014Standard tourist spot food that isn't exceptional or interesting.Special Features:
- Great Dinner at SunsettgsgcalDined on 8/24/2014We hadn't been to Dukes for a couple years, and after being there on 8/24 evening, we wondered why we had waited so long. My wife had salmon and I had opa both with the parmesan crust. Both were superb. Our server was excellent - very personable and knowledgeable. Although the restaurant was quite busy, the food was prepared and served fairly quickly. This was an anniversary dinner and along with the sunset, we were glad we chose Duke's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My food was delicious! I got the chicken carrots and risotto. Very tasteful! My boyfriend got the ribs not all that we thought it should be the meat wasn't tender and not so much flavor. Overall it was nice I would totally visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular plus plus!SeafoodiesDined on 8/23/2014For a restaurant on the beach it is wonderful with some great views of the ocean and HB pier. The food is fun, fresh and to the point. The food was delivered hot and tasty and we had a wonderful waiter who was very attentive. All in all it is a nice spot to go and have some Poki Tacos for sure. Try the fish and the different ways it is prepared. The specialty drinks were a little lacking in flavor and imagination but not something to hold us up from going there again. Just go with what you know. Still a positive experience and nice place to eat Try it and after take a nice walk on the pier.Special Features:
- First VisitHoboBobDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a lovely experience at Dukes. The atmosphere was tropical and Hawaiian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeOCDINERVIPDined on 8/22/2014We hadn't been to Dukes in a few years. Everything was very good. We will be back very soon. HB local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I choose Duke's for our "special times" and are always greatly impressed with the atmosphere, great view, amazing food and wonderful service. My husband is handicapped and the easy accessablity in and out of Duke's is greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- The Bestnacj96Dined on 8/19/2014I went there this visit for my birthday dinner. Everything about it was fantastic - the foods, the drinks (best mai tai's ever), the view, the service. I don't have a single complaint. There were 5 of us and we literally tried a bit from every food category - fish, salad, filet mignon, apps, sides... It was ALL wonderful. The also have a great happy hour :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereGreatsteakncarrotcakeDined on 8/18/2014The food was very good and having the reservation helped alot, i would recommend Duke's to anyone looking to have a good time and quality food.Special Features:
- Old Favorite DeliversEsteepDined on 8/18/2014We've visited Huntington Beach yearly for some years back now, and have always enjoyed Duke's. When we first checked it out, many people and reviews dismissed it as just a tourist trap. Well, don't believe the haters - this place has authentic Hawaiian and surfing DNA, and the food is flat out excellent, especially the fish. Our most recent visit, on the server's recommendation, my wife and I both had the opah, a mild white fish from Hawaiian waters. I requested mine grilled, and it was spectacular; best fish I've ever had - really remarkable. And make sure and try the Ahi Poke Tacos for an amazing starter. All told, fabulous experience, five-star but for the rather slow - but friendly! - service.Special Features:
- Special EventBadHabitDined on 8/17/2014We made a reservation at Dukes to celebrate a birthday. Unfortunately we were not seated for a half hour after our reservation time on a Sunday night. They were clearly taking walk-ins before us. Otherwise our service was excellent and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchluvdiningDined on 8/17/2014The choice of brunch foods was excellent, beautifully presented and a delicious variety. The staff was professional, friendly and attentive. I've never been serenaded in Hawaiian on my birthday, and our party also enjoyed the hula dancer. Our window seating provided a view of the pier, and beach, a perfect way to enjoy a summer So. Cal. afternoon.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBarbaraBDined on 8/16/2014Love this place! We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- non seafood loverMauid95Dined on 8/13/2014The service, view and atmosphere were awesome!!!! You cannot beat that! I'm not a seafood person so there was only 1 option for me. With that in mind, the chicken is probably not there best item. Loved the beat salad wish that could have been more of a meal:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guests from central CaLeangeneDined on 8/11/2014We had guests from inland and wanted to show them our beach, and fresh seafood. Great view of the sun, setting over the ocean and pier. Good seafood although one ordered chicken. Hard to hold much conversation over the VERY LOUD room. Service could certainly have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist TrapSandraDined on 8/10/2014Bland food, FILTHY bathrooms, but a pretty location. Restaurant needs to be renovated. Wanted fish tacos but was advised that bar food could not be served in the main restaurant…..come on, ridiculous.
- Excellent Birthday Dinner!JamesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food, service! Love the Hula Pie as always!Special Features:
- SPECIAL GET TOGETHERCMGROUPDined on 8/9/2014WE USUALLY GET TOGETHER AT DUKE'S EVER 4 MONTHS OR SO. LAST TIME WAS NOT SO GOOD--NOISE AND FOOD--SO WE WEREN'T ALL KEEN ON GOING BACK, BUT WE DID. THIS TIME WAS SUPERB IN EVERY WAY!!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We went on our wedding anniversary. The food was so great. Even better was the service. Becky, the manager, is the nicest person on earth! We loved every minute... Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely evening!foodisgood4meDined on 8/9/2014Reservations on weekends a must...we had and were seated quickly, though I knew the wait for non-reservation was long. It's a very nice restaurant with great service and food, beautiful beach front view, even from seating not by the window. It's in the heart of downtown, so after dinner, a walk along the beach or on main street is accessible.Special Features:
- Incredible food!BirthdayDined on 8/5/2014The manager stopped by to welcome us and offered to take our order if we were ready. How nice! The seasonal fish was incredible and the side order of brussel sprouts was to die for. It was my birthday and the manager had arranged for a wonderful desert for our table. An incredible way to end a special meal. Wonderful way to celebrate a special event!Special Features:
- Brunch at Duke'soldtimecustomerDined on 8/3/2014Most of the food was cold by the time it got to the table. The eggs benedict bread was so hard it could not be cut. Desserts were dried out. Mimosas were not made from fresh orange juice and they were warm.Special Features:
- Day care or restaurant?BrunchersDined on 8/1/2014Went to Duke's to have a romantic dinner for my husband's birthday. I just didn't understand what kind of place this was....noisy kids everywhere. No view. The noise level and constant foot traffic made conversation impossible. The food was ok. I had herb encrusted salmon and it was average. The bok choy slaw was sweet which was not to my liking. My husband had the black garlic sea bass and that was very good. The salad with grapefruit and avocado was excellent and the red sauce on the plate was great. The dining experience was disappointing as what I was hoping for a special dinner out and it was more of an upscale Dennys.Special Features:
- Hectic AtmosphereMollymcDined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious but very overpriced. I had the parmesan encrusted sea bass which was well prepared along with mashed potatoes. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was hectic, with lots of large groups and kids, which sometimes can be fine, but we were really looking for a more laidback dining experience.Special Features:
- Lil' bit of HawaiiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We tried our best to recreate our trip to Hawaii one year ago. The place looked great! Our waiter was friendly and very attentive. Food was delicious, we look forward to visiting again soon.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The standout from my visit were the musicians and hula dancer. They stopped at our table and played 2 songs for us. They were very talented and really made our experience unique and special. I was hosting my mom & niece, who were visiting from TX. They had experienced the Duke's in Malibu last summer and were looking forward to checking out the Huntington Beach location this year. The brunch was consistent with what we had last year - the mahi mahi tuna was my favorite.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatZiggydDined on 7/26/2014We went for my birthday dinner. Reserved table that morning - a must or we'd have had a 70 mins wait. Two of our party of four are coeliac but they had a Gluten Free menu. Tahitian Shrimp cocktail was very tasty with good flavours. Pulled pork wanton was not a crispy wanton but a strange spongy bread folded over pork, hoisin sauce and lettuce. Filling was tasty but bread was horrible. Unfortunately my husband chose the waiters suggestion of Surf'n Turf. He asked for it medium well, it came out rare & had to be sent back. Steak was tough & lobster tail was rubbery. The rest of the mains were lovely though; Seabass, Caesar & filet mignon & desserts were to die for! Atmosphere was very nice and view amazing. Cocktails were delicious too!Special Features:
- Great seafoodbilgecat1Dined on 7/26/2014We took my mother-in-law here for her birthday. We had the best waiter. He even put her birthday cake we brought and put in the refrigerator for us. We had the crab wontons for an appetizer. They were so good we ordered another helping. Excellent seafood. Great service.Special Features:
- Love itLuvhuntingtonDined on 7/26/2014Food is always excellent as is the service. Have never been disappointed whether coming for brunch, lunch, or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First stop from TucsonCROPJDined on 7/26/2014Great view. Just drove 6.5 hours from Tucson. Nice service. Fresh grilled mahi fish tacos yum! Fried fish tacos okay. Fish and chips okay. Made reservations and was able to valet. Great deal, because parking was a bear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at dukesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014we had an amazing time. it was crazy crowded due to the US open, but had a great table outside and enjoyed people watching while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party4Dined on 7/24/2014On arrival despite having booked a table it was not ready and we had to take a buzzer and wait along with everyone else in a crowded bar. Haing left a credit card behind the bar for a tab when closing the bill in the restuarant the waitress took ages to find the card and came back with someone else's (not great security) then couldn't find ours as the barman was on a break. Service during the meal was slow, we struggled to find her to order more drinks then when we did it was at least 20 mins before they arrived after chasing her. Not a great experience