Duke's Huntington Beach
317 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dukeshuntington.com/
- Phone: 714-374-6446 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rich Koa wood, a vintage surfboard, and windows out to the Pacific make this intimate, private space perfect for your next small gathering. The Board Room can accommodate up to 28 people.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin (714) 374-6446x
- Entertainment: Strolling Hawaiian musicians and hula dancer during our Sunday brunch from 10am until 2pm.
A word from Duke's Huntington Beach
On the sand at the base of the Huntington Beach Pier, enjoy memorable dining, endless ocean views, and simpler times at Duke's restaurant and Barefoot Bar. Relax and take in the view while you enjoy the Hawaiian beach house ambiance and savor the freshest seafood and prime steaks, uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Duke's Huntington Beach - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
Duke's Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)special occasion (170)good for groups (106)romantic (105)great for lunch (78)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (67)hot spot (64)great for outdoor dining (61)kid-friendly (60)fit for foodies (59)vibrant bar scene (55)notable wine list (11)late-night find (7)Show More
- Not for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I was not impressed with the brunch, very boring. Great views if that is what you want.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The brunch was wonderful and we got a great table over looking the sand and ocean. It was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Great spot to take visitors! Good food, service and a fantastic view especially at sunset!Special Features:
- great for seafood fansKrissyDined on 10/25/2014I am allergic to all seafood, so restaurants like this are always a bit tough. The other guests said their seafood dishes were great. I had the turkey, bacon and burrata sandwich. It was good, but very messy (thanks to the sauce/aioli). The hummus was terrific. They were kind enough to do a caeser salad with a different dressing too. A bit pricey--but I'd go again, for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014This was my 2nd visit to Duke's! The first visit in Maui for breakfast and the 2nd in Huntington for lunch. The food and service were great at both locations. I had the turkey, bacon and barrata sandwich at Duke's Huntington that was super delicious! 😊. The view of the beach and ocean fabulous too! Will definitely be back to try the fresh fish.Special Features:
- Girl's Lunch OutcvitaleDined on 10/25/2014We chose this spot for a Girl's Lunch of old high school pals because it was kind of centrally located for all of us. The food was very good and the waiter we had was really sweet. He allowed us to sit there for a few hours catching up and never once made us feel like we needed to leave so he could get another group in. We sat at the window overlooking the beach, which was great as well. Overall, a really nice experience!Special Features:
- Very Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Took the girlfriend and friends out for dinner. The service was amazing and the food was even better. I really enjoyed the seafood and the many different options they had to prepare the food. My dinner was amazing and we enjoyed some great cocktails from the bar. Eating at Duke's was a great experience.Special Features:
- SpecialNansDined on 10/24/2014The "special" of the night was truly special - Seared Ono with coconut black rice, sauteed eggplant and bok choy and plate garnished with a creamy wasabi sauce. A winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Great location for a romantic dinner. Food and service were excellent. All in all it was a very special anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- DinnerMikeDined on 10/23/2014Good food, great view. Where we were seated, it was a bit warm/humid and sun was in my wife's eyes for about 1/2 hour. Took about 50 minutes to get served, which is much too long for a 5:30 pm reservation. Waitress was very attentive, however.Special Features:
- anniversary made specialRowforfoodDined on 10/22/2014Our anniversary was made special by a gorgeous sunset, wonderful food and outstanding service. Our favorite server Robert, personally seated us at our table with had a spectacular view of the sunset. Robert always goes out of his way to make us feel like Duke's is our personal restaurant. Just the right amount of sassy humor. Because it was our special day, he also had Ryan the GM come over and visit with us @ our table. A nice touch. Robert has celebrated many special occasions with us, including my 5 year cancer free diagnosis. He made me feel like a princess that day. :-) It's nice to be remember by a staff that sees so many people and to be made to feel special. Thanks Dukes Staff you are all GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time wasn't a charmRebeccagadDined on 10/22/2014We requested a window, which we got, but we were sat in an area where the view was limited, even though tables were available with a good view. The food was not as good as the first time I went, nor was the service. I was disappointed, especially since I had told my friend it was a great restaurant. I have another reservation next week with another friend. If the experience is as bad as this last time I won't be returning. Sad, because I have a business meeting in this area at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset at DukeslaverdaDined on 10/12/2014Arrived early enough to get a window seat overlooking the beach and pier, which was fantastic. Timing also had our dinner span the sunset hour which is also highly recommended. Our waiter was very helpful, pleasant and I would have to say that all of the Duke staff was great ... even providing driving hints on the exit. The main course was from the fresh fish of the day section and was as described, fresh, flavorful and well presented. Dessert was a PB cheesecake which the girls thought was very good! I would highly recommend heading to Dukes for something to eat (special dinner?) if you are in, or around Huntington Beach.Special Features:
- About lunch menu on SundaysdebsdiningDined on 10/12/2014We were under the impression by looking on the web site that the lunch menu was available as well as brunch on Sundays. It was only available in the bar area. This was disappointing for us as most of us in the party of 5 had never been to Duke's but had heard of the great seafood . Lesson learned. Also, the price of $26.95 seemed steep for the brunch. The eggs Benedict was overcooked and had skimpy sauce with no extra to put on it. The waffles were dry and hard. I have been to better brunches for less money, but then they were not at a restaurant by the ocean. We enjoyed the Hawaiian singers and dancer that entertained for our 2 Birthday girls.Special Features:
- Very niceLuvhuntingtonDined on 10/11/2014We love going to Duke's whenever we are in Huntington Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDaisyisCrazyDined on 10/11/2014Every time I come I have the best time. We always get seated with an ocean view The Hula Pie and Coconut Shrimp is amazing as is everything else I have had there.Special Features:
- FunAnonymousVIPDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is on the beach, in a perfect location, looking out at the waves &/or sunset. The food could be anything but it is v v good. We had a great time eating at Duke's in Hawaii a number of years ago and this place has the same fun, active vibe. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Their kindness would have forgiven many failings but the food was absolutely terrific. A fun evening, although not in the islands-it can transport you there. Definitely better than I would expect. Not to be missed.
- Absolutely wonderfulPickydinerDined on 10/10/2014I went to dukes originally because I live the dukes in Honolulu and this restaurant did not disappoint. Food was beyond wonderful and very reasonably priced for the quality. The view is great of the ocean and Huntington Beach pier. The service was incredible. I truly cannot find one thing to complain about. Since my first visit I have gone once more and going again next week. A truly great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeTenacgrlDined on 10/9/2014We enjoy going to Dukes for special occasions. Being by the ocean is great. The food is good and we have always had good service.Special Features:
- Best night ever!foodiechick28Dined on 10/7/2014I was planning a surprise dinner for my fiancé, it was so simple because the staff did everything in their power to secure the surprise! The manager made sure to have everyone seated ahead of time, they even had a note written to the hostess to say table for 2...even though we had 15 people waiting. He was so surprised he almost fainted. Aside from that the food and service was great and the waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Every person that we came in contact with was very friendlySpecial Features:
- Come for view, stay for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014Is right on the beach. Unobstructed ocean sunset. You think, "even if nothing else is good this wad worth it". But surprise, the opah is light and delicate, just like it should be. The preparations are pleasing to a wide pallet and the service is attentive without hovering. Enjoy that view you came in for, while you finish the hula pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive, at the very leastScottyP69VIPDined on 10/5/2014Service First... Stephanie at the door, Suzanne the Manager and the Best of the Best...Kevin...our server. I was a fine dining server in SF,, it takes a team of devoted quality staff to deliver a fine meal.... They were spot on, top drawer, the tower of Pisa! I was a first time diner at Duke's ... Not anymore! Honestly, I was expecting an average meal. The seafood was outstanding...and, Kevin explained, suggested and produced a winning dinner combination. Request Kevin, sit back and enjoy the view...Great service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant & service, food okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The customer service at Duke's is very impressive. They follow up thoroughly by calling before a reservation and are very polite and professional on the phone. The only reason why I marked my experience a star less is because they wouldn't seat us until the "majority" of the party arrived. I was certain that the rest of my party would join, but they were running late so we wanted to be seated and have a drink while waiting. However, they said it was policy not to seat a table unless the majority arrived. Eventually the rest of the party arrived and I was finally seated after waiting 30 mins, but they missed out on a couple of cocktails they could've sold me as I waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotPricelessoneDined on 10/3/2014Service was amazing. I believe our servers name was Kevin. Very knowledgeable about the menu and what to pair with each dish. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Small menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Very limited menu...if you don"t like fish there are like 3 other options. Soda was really watered down. Outside patio area was really hot. No ceiling fans or airconditioning.Special Features:
- cabinDined on 9/28/2014excellent food, service, view. lighting is too dim, even for kids and young adults.......made it difficult to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Always quality experience. Excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatkbonesDined on 9/28/2014Been to Duke's many, many, times and have never been disappointed by the food and the service.Special Features:
- Brunch Roast Beef - tough!1buffetmomDined on 9/28/2014roast beef was tough, hot food was not hot, requested a table next to the window with the ocean view but was placed in the middle. for 27 bucks brunch i expected more food to choose but there was not even a shrimp cocktail that you can get from 15 bucks buffet..for sure the view has something to do with the price but i would rather eat at ruby's for a better view and a better food for my 27 bucks...Special Features:
- Good food Great serviceDDaleyDined on 9/27/2014The food was good but the service we received was outstanding. Our waiter new the menu and described the specials perfectly. He made great recommendations for both our meal and wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find for us8thnoteVIPDined on 9/27/2014Their ability to combine ingredients & flavors that compliment each other is incredible! Fish is a new experience at Duke's. We have found a great place to be served by helpful and kind servers. They are very willing to talk to you about any special needs you may require. The manager also check on each table to make sure we were content.Special Features:
- LOVE DUKE'S HB!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Great service and the food is fantastic! The view can't be beat and being right on the beach for sunset is magical!Special Features:
- Beautiful California SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We ate here after an afternoon at the beach and walking the pier. Our service was great and the food was super! The best part was our seating on the enclosed patio with large windows bringing In The ocean breeze. Then to put the icing on the cake, the beautiful sunset. The food was Hawaiian style and there were beautiful leis made from The most aromatic flowers.Special Features:
- Great service and excellent foodHawaiiDined on 9/23/2014We had an excellent waiter (which we have had on previous occasions) and he was very attentive and helpful. He thoughtfully added the complimentary mud pie for dessert since we were celebrating our anniversary. The food and service are always the exceptional, and that is why Dukes is our favorite place for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good with a spectacular viewLuvHulaPieDined on 9/21/2014Great food with an amazing ocean view. This restaurant sits right on the beach next to Huntington beach pier. I had fish tacos and a Caesar salad with my favorite Hula Pie! Well worth the drive from Disneyland for a nice break in the afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent brunch. Duke's is a great place to meet several couples or a special occasion. Good food and nice view.Special Features:
- Food and Hawaiian AmbianceSergg81Dined on 9/20/2014Best steak I've ever had, felt like I was back in Hawaii, Perfect dinning experience with the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedTnT2Dined on 9/20/2014This was a birthday celebration and the restaurant provided a very good experience. Our server, Jamie, was excellent. The kitchen was slow and we had long waits for food and beginning and in-between courses. Some 95% of the food has garlic in it, so if you don't like/can't eat garlic, your pickings are slim. Fortunately they did prepare some salmon with a non-garlic sauce for me and it was very good. While crowded, we never felt rushed. They remembered the birthday with a huge complimentary piece of cake. We had window seats and watched the volleyball players and bicyclists. Parking is valet and an extra $6. I would recommend Duke's for a special evening out and perhaps not on a crowded Saturday night. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 9/19/2014We waited for a table by the window and it was worth the wait. Great view, great service! I thought the portion sizes, for the price, were rather small, though I understand one is paying for the view. The noise level was such that it was nearly impossible to speak and my throat was soar from shouting all night. Finding a way to absorb sound in the room would be a great way to improve the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.