Duke's Huntington Beach
317 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dukeshuntington.com/
- Phone: 714-374-6446 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rich Koa wood, a vintage surfboard, and windows out to the Pacific make this intimate, private space perfect for your next small gathering. The Board Room can accommodate up to 28 people.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin (714) 374-6446x
- Entertainment: Strolling Hawaiian musicians and hula dancer during our Sunday brunch from 10am until 2pm.
A word from Duke's Huntington Beach
On the sand at the base of the Huntington Beach Pier, enjoy memorable dining, endless ocean views, and simpler times at Duke's restaurant and Barefoot Bar. Relax and take in the view while you enjoy the Hawaiian beach house ambiance and savor the freshest seafood and prime steaks, uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Duke's Huntington Beach - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
Duke's Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (252)special occasion (168)good for groups (93)romantic (91)great for lunch (80)neighborhood gem (66)kid-friendly (64)hot spot (63)great for brunch (61)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (55)vibrant bar scene (51)notable wine list (10)late-night find (7)Show More
- Birthday at Duke'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014We had an exceptional evening celebrating my adult son's birthday. Everyone at Duke's was friendly and helpful, from the hostess when we arrived, the bar staff, and our waitress. I included a note on my online reservation that we were celebrating his birthday. I never had to mention it at Duke's, making the delivery of a serving of hula pie (complimentary :-) I might add) a complete and special surprise to him. Our food (fish and steak) was excellent. The view of Huntington Beach and the pier at sunset was wonderful. I love Duke's!!Special Features:
- Very relaxing spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Our brunch at Duke's was very enjoyable. The food was good in variety and quality. The window table allowed us a great view of the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Very Good FOOD and SPIRITS on the Beach with great seats overlooking the Pier and Beach.Special Features:
- LovebuglovebugDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding as always. Wonderful all the way around. Food is delicious, waiters and waitress are always informative and there when you need them. They make your night out well worth going to Dukes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was not what I expected. The fish was way overcooked and dry. My wife had two bites and did not finish the meal. The rice tasted as if it just came out of a box. The dinning room where we were seated was too loud for my taste. We were unable to have a conversation at a normal tone due to the excessive noise.Special Features:
- Lunch at Duke'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Party of two for lunch, enjoyed broiled salmon and ahi, two glasses of wine and mai tais, excellent. Server very attentive and excellent service. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous FishLovetolunch68Dined on 9/12/2014This was the first time at Dukes's Huntington Beach. The fish was amazing. We have not had fish this delisious in years! The service was very good. It was my birthday and they brought a Hula Pie which was like a mud pie and it was fabulous. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beach viewwineloverVIPDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated a birthday lunch, and enjoyed the tasty and flavorful Ono and Opah fish. The rice and slaw were both very good. For dessert, I was presented with the Hula pie, consisting of ice cream and chocolate fudge and nuts. Yummy! All the staff are very caring and friendly, and really seem to want you to have a good time at Duke's. The view of the Huntington Beach and the pier were beautiful, outside the huge windows of the restaurant. Will go back for great food and service again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Delicious food, incredible view right on the beach and our waiter Adam was perfect!! We actually went bsck two days later to the barefoot bar because we loved the place so much! Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodated Expanded groupNBdinerDined on 9/11/2014We encountered a couple of friends while walking inside the restaurant. Duke's was able to accommodate a last minute addition of two people to our party of 4 on a Thursday night for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal, be it steak or fresh fish (cooked in any one of 4-5 selections.) A starter is almost a meal in and of itself. 5 of us shared one dessert and it was quite sufficient (and delicious.) Wait staff provided excellent service with meal suggestions and refills.Special Features:
- never again and overratedluvmyazVIPDined on 9/10/2014I made a reservation for 2, asked for oceanside or oceanview. We got there and waited an extra 40 minutes for our table that was on the inside of the outside patio, so we were looking at people not the ocean. So now we missed the sunset because of the wait. There were many other tables but they were reserved for others???. Our fish was very greasy, the rice was like fast food and also greasy. It was uncomfortably hot in the restaurant . We would rather have had a window table with the ocean view like requested for my husbands birthday and not the obnoxiously big piece of icecream cake that we would not eat anyway.
- excellentFine67Dined on 9/9/2014Dukes has a good buzz and ideal setting with the additional lights overlooking the beach. Ideal setting for special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWineSQNDined on 9/7/2014We had expected something different. Ambience might be ok for brunch or lunch, but not for dining. Waiter was definetly stretched too thin with our special requests for vegetarian and gluten-free meals.Special Features:
- Money better spent elsewhereAllviewnofoodDined on 9/7/2014We had been to Duke's in years past and had enjoyed the food but returned to find the food quality and taste diminished. For the price, Storyteller's Cafe at Disney's Grand CA is a better deal SAMs the ocean view.Special Features:
- Nice eveningClouiseDined on 9/6/2014We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation (even though crowded), we had a great oceanfront view, the meal was great (barramundi), and our server was the best. Thanks, Adam!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dukes is the besteatngoodDined on 9/3/2014Great food, great staff, great view. We come to Duke's for all special occasions.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOliviaDined on 9/2/2014I had a salad and chowder super amazing. And my husband had the chefs special super amazing with opa, shrimp, lobster and rice. So worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysLove2DineDined on 9/1/2014I requested a seat with a view if possible and they complied. It was great! We were seated on the patio. Our I think our server had other tables in side making her less attentive to the outside tables than she should have been. She would disappear for long periods of time before she would Reappear with whatever we had requested. She was very nice and our orders were put in correctly but Ice teas and waters were not refilled timely. This is something I expect in a more expensive establishment. Giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the restaurant may have given her too many tables she was extremely friendly and knew the menu very well. Our food was excellent! The fish was tender and the drinks from the bar were delish!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOCFoodDined on 8/31/2014We had a group of 14 of us for dinner. Duke's was very accommodating and we were very pleased with their food. We shared the calamari and most of us had their fish specials for dinner. Everything went great and we had a nice time.Special Features:
- Not Our Best Experience!RosieDined on 8/30/2014Six of us have all been to many Dukes (and their Company Restaurants) from California to Hawaii, but this was a very disappointing and expensive adventure! The front desk and our server was very pleasant but the dining experience was not. Our iced tea arrived with 3-4 almost melted ice cubes and more ice was too late to remedy the problem because it was a watered down version of a drink. The rolls were hard and dry. The Ono was very tough and overcooked and the rice was dry and unappetizing. The petit filet was tough even though it was ordered medium rare though it came out overcooked. The Barramundi was bland and not as flaky. I love this chain and wish I could have been more positive about our meal. This is meant to be helpful.
- FOOD & SERVICE WERE A "10"!ParentsWeekendYr2Dined on 8/30/2014We requested a table near the window which offered a beautiful scenic dinner with the beach and waves! There were 4 in our party and we each ordered something different and all RAVED about our meals, i.e., Ribeye, Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Surf & Turf (Ribeye and Lobster Tail). We ordered two salads to share and they brought them on 4 plates - so very nice! We also shared two appetizers which were wonderful! Our waiter was fantastic; not pushy and always with a smile! I would recommend this restaurant any time! Enjoy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerRunningMikeDined on 8/30/2014We visited Dukes over Labor Day weekend. We had a table by the window and had a perfect view of the sunset. Food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend Dukes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014our second visit ~ delicious food though prime rib was more like well done then medium -- but they fixed that ~ service is wondeful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaroDined on 8/30/2014the ambience, food and service were great. We come here often and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummie!!SueAVIPDined on 8/29/2014Never been disappointed dining here!! The crab wontons are the best, almost as good as Hula Grill on Maui!! Fish always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dukes was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We loved our night at dukes. Filet mignon and crab legs and a lemon drop martini with raspberry chambord!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoicesandrabDined on 8/27/2014We made reservations for lunch because we knew there would be a crowd to see the huge surf. Went to Duke ' s because of the best view of the pier and beach. We were not disappointed. Got a seat next to the window, had a terrific lunch, and our waiter told us about his surfing that morning. The crab and macadamia nut won tons are my favorite. My husband had excellent a hi and we both had a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!RicardoPicksDined on 8/26/2014An outstanding meal, superb service, and a location to die for. Waiter Dave and managers were welcoming, attentive and efficient. the Parmagian and herb crusted fish was simply oustanding. Fair prices, and a superb evening.Special Features:
- Lost LusterdinerDined on 8/24/2014Standard tourist spot food that isn't exceptional or interesting.Special Features:
- Great Dinner at SunsettgsgcalDined on 8/24/2014We hadn't been to Dukes for a couple years, and after being there on 8/24 evening, we wondered why we had waited so long. My wife had salmon and I had opa both with the parmesan crust. Both were superb. Our server was excellent - very personable and knowledgeable. Although the restaurant was quite busy, the food was prepared and served fairly quickly. This was an anniversary dinner and along with the sunset, we were glad we chose Duke's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My food was delicious! I got the chicken carrots and risotto. Very tasteful! My boyfriend got the ribs not all that we thought it should be the meat wasn't tender and not so much flavor. Overall it was nice I would totally visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's a DisappointmentBobbyMags1Dined on 8/23/2014Visited Duke's for my birthday while vacationing in Huntington Beach. My expectations were high, as we had dinner at the Kauai location several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed. The restaurant itself was chaotic and looked a little tired and could use some updating. My wife and I ordered fish, which was very good. My daughter had a steak medium, but literally like shoe leather. Our waiter was nice and efficient. Overall Duke's was good (don't order the steak), but it was no way memorable.Special Features:
- Regular plus plus!SeafoodiesDined on 8/23/2014For a restaurant on the beach it is wonderful with some great views of the ocean and HB pier. The food is fun, fresh and to the point. The food was delivered hot and tasty and we had a wonderful waiter who was very attentive. All in all it is a nice spot to go and have some Poki Tacos for sure. Try the fish and the different ways it is prepared. The specialty drinks were a little lacking in flavor and imagination but not something to hold us up from going there again. Just go with what you know. Still a positive experience and nice place to eat Try it and after take a nice walk on the pier.Special Features:
- First VisitHoboBobDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a lovely experience at Dukes. The atmosphere was tropical and Hawaiian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeOCDINERVIPDined on 8/22/2014We hadn't been to Dukes in a few years. Everything was very good. We will be back very soon. HB local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I choose Duke's for our "special times" and are always greatly impressed with the atmosphere, great view, amazing food and wonderful service. My husband is handicapped and the easy accessablity in and out of Duke's is greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- The Bestnacj96Dined on 8/19/2014I went there this visit for my birthday dinner. Everything about it was fantastic - the foods, the drinks (best mai tai's ever), the view, the service. I don't have a single complaint. There were 5 of us and we literally tried a bit from every food category - fish, salad, filet mignon, apps, sides... It was ALL wonderful. The also have a great happy hour :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereGreatsteakncarrotcakeDined on 8/18/2014The food was very good and having the reservation helped alot, i would recommend Duke's to anyone looking to have a good time and quality food.Special Features:
- Old Favorite DeliversEsteepDined on 8/18/2014We've visited Huntington Beach yearly for some years back now, and have always enjoyed Duke's. When we first checked it out, many people and reviews dismissed it as just a tourist trap. Well, don't believe the haters - this place has authentic Hawaiian and surfing DNA, and the food is flat out excellent, especially the fish. Our most recent visit, on the server's recommendation, my wife and I both had the opah, a mild white fish from Hawaiian waters. I requested mine grilled, and it was spectacular; best fish I've ever had - really remarkable. And make sure and try the Ahi Poke Tacos for an amazing starter. All told, fabulous experience, five-star but for the rather slow - but friendly! - service.Special Features:
- Special EventBadHabitDined on 8/17/2014We made a reservation at Dukes to celebrate a birthday. Unfortunately we were not seated for a half hour after our reservation time on a Sunday night. They were clearly taking walk-ins before us. Otherwise our service was excellent and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.