Duke's Huntington Beach
317 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dukeshuntington.com/
- Phone: (714) 374-6446
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rich Koa wood, a vintage surfboard, and windows out to the Pacific make this intimate, private space perfect for your next small gathering. The Board Room can accommodate up to 28 people.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin (714) 374-6446x
- Entertainment: Strolling Hawaiian musicians and hula dancer during our Sunday brunch from 10am until 2pm.
A word from Duke's Huntington Beach
On the sand at the base of the Huntington Beach Pier, enjoy memorable dining, endless ocean views, and simpler times at Duke's restaurant and Barefoot Bar. Relax and take in the view while you enjoy the Hawaiian beach house ambiance and savor the freshest seafood and prime steaks, uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Duke's Huntington Beach - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
Duke's Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (221)special occasion (151)good for groups (103)romantic (95)neighborhood gem (73)great for lunch (72)great for brunch (63)hot spot (58)great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (58)vibrant bar scene (50)kid-friendly (47)notable wine list (14)late-night find (7)Show More
- Nice brunch with great view to the pacificOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Everything was great. Greeted promptly when we walked in and sat next to the pier view table. Food was great and the environment was perfect for any day to enjoy a great meal with nice view. The only bad part was "the" waiter. First time there for brunch and knew nothing about their menu/program. Checked with the server and was told the brunch does not include any alcoholic beverage. However, overheard the other much friendlier/energetic waitress from another table that the first mimosa was included and have to pay the rest after. Had to asked for my drinks and Did not like that part of the experience at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great view.snwbrdrDined on 11/15/2014This place is an excellent choice if you enjoy great food choices, especially fresh fish. Always pleased when we eat here. Seems we try to look for a new place to try every time we are down in that area and we just end up back at Duke's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant.PickydinerDined on 11/13/2014The food is always wonderful and this is now my go to place to take my friends to lunch for their birthday. Can't beat the view and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2014A very nice brunch spread. We were a little surprised that there wasn't more seafood offered, but with a nice selection available, you hardly have room for anything else anyway. The view of the ocean is quite nice, and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Always try their specials!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014The place is casually classy, clean, and the wait staff is polite and helpful. There were many fish specials not on the menu and our waiter was efficient in helping us narrow it down. I had the seared ono with coconut black rice and eggplant/romaine salad. It was fabulous! We left very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent 50th Birthday Dinner!JamesVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had an excellent Birthday Dinner here with our big group of 12! Everything was excellent, from the service to the food, and finally the Hula Pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant in great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Wonderful table for 2 by a window overlooking the ocean. Food was good and worth the price.Special Features:
- Always a good choicedebstandDined on 11/7/2014We decided last minute to go out on a Friday night. Thank goodness for Open Table; I was able to secure a quick reservation. Parking was easy in the city lot, and we were immediately seated. the waiter was helpful in making our selections and checked with the chef twice for my special dietary needs (GF & LF). The food was delicious. It's a little pricey, but for the convenience, the view and the great service, it was all worth it.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014My server was fantastic, and the food was very good. I liked that my server could recommend which fish and which preparations she liked. I always appreciate a server who knows the restaurant's food.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014The food was great and the waitress was perfect! We had the perfect spot and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Wonderful yellow fin ahikathe90035VIPDined on 11/2/2014I've been to Duke's several times and always have a good meal and service. Lovely view, too.Special Features:
- CariadDined on 11/2/2014Loved our brunch. A real treat to have the traveling Hawaiian musicians and dancer entertain table side. Reminded us of old Hawaii which was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific experienceLuv2dineDined on 11/1/2014Duke's never disappoints. Ericka, our waitress, could not have been more attentive and accommodating. The food was fabulous as usual and we love the amazing view of Huntington Beach and the Pier. I'm a Huntington Beach resident, but I always feel like I'm taking a little holiday when I dine at Duke's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We celebrated my Husbands 69th Birthday at Dukes with friends. We all were in Huntington Beach for our Son's wedding. Our evening was beautiful, the food delicious. Wonderful menu options. Only issue was the noise level was so high that it was difficult for the six of us to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dukes RocksrecycledjewelsDined on 10/28/2014I brought a group of 6 to Dukes for lunch. Two members of the group were regulators of our business and the other 2 were our customers. These people were interested in Duke's sustainable fish policy. Brett Barnes, Manager of Dukes, was kind enough to talk to the folks at our table about their procurement of only sustainable fish and more. Brett is an outstanding manager and truly represented the best Duke's has to offer. My guests were thrilled with their food and I was amazed at their ahi salad which contained the best ahi I've ever eaten. It almost melted in my mouth. I'll be sure to go back and order the Ahi Salad again.Special Features:
- Not for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I was not impressed with the brunch, very boring. Great views if that is what you want.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The brunch was wonderful and we got a great table over looking the sand and ocean. It was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Great spot to take visitors! Good food, service and a fantastic view especially at sunset!Special Features:
- great for seafood fansKrissyDined on 10/25/2014I am allergic to all seafood, so restaurants like this are always a bit tough. The other guests said their seafood dishes were great. I had the turkey, bacon and burrata sandwich. It was good, but very messy (thanks to the sauce/aioli). The hummus was terrific. They were kind enough to do a caeser salad with a different dressing too. A bit pricey--but I'd go again, for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful and delicious!FavfoodDined on 10/25/2014This was my 2nd visit to Duke's! The first visit in Maui for breakfast and the 2nd in Huntington for lunch. The food and service were great at both locations. I had the turkey, bacon and barrata sandwich at Duke's Huntington that was super delicious! 😊. The view of the beach and ocean fabulous too! Will definitely be back to try the fresh fish.Special Features:
- Girl's Lunch OutcvitaleDined on 10/25/2014We chose this spot for a Girl's Lunch of old high school pals because it was kind of centrally located for all of us. The food was very good and the waiter we had was really sweet. He allowed us to sit there for a few hours catching up and never once made us feel like we needed to leave so he could get another group in. We sat at the window overlooking the beach, which was great as well. Overall, a really nice experience!Special Features:
- Very Impressed!TDLEEDined on 10/24/2014Took the girlfriend and friends out for dinner. The service was amazing and the food was even better. I really enjoyed the seafood and the many different options they had to prepare the food. My dinner was amazing and we enjoyed some great cocktails from the bar. Eating at Duke's was a great experience.Special Features:
- SpecialNansDined on 10/24/2014The "special" of the night was truly special - Seared Ono with coconut black rice, sauteed eggplant and bok choy and plate garnished with a creamy wasabi sauce. A winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Great location for a romantic dinner. Food and service were excellent. All in all it was a very special anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- DinnerMikeDined on 10/23/2014Good food, great view. Where we were seated, it was a bit warm/humid and sun was in my wife's eyes for about 1/2 hour. Took about 50 minutes to get served, which is much too long for a 5:30 pm reservation. Waitress was very attentive, however.Special Features:
- anniversary made specialRowforfoodDined on 10/22/2014Our anniversary was made special by a gorgeous sunset, wonderful food and outstanding service. Our favorite server Robert, personally seated us at our table with had a spectacular view of the sunset. Robert always goes out of his way to make us feel like Duke's is our personal restaurant. Just the right amount of sassy humor. Because it was our special day, he also had Ryan the GM come over and visit with us @ our table. A nice touch. Robert has celebrated many special occasions with us, including my 5 year cancer free diagnosis. He made me feel like a princess that day. :-) It's nice to be remember by a staff that sees so many people and to be made to feel special. Thanks Dukes Staff you are all GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time wasn't a charmRebeccagadDined on 10/22/2014We requested a window, which we got, but we were sat in an area where the view was limited, even though tables were available with a good view. The food was not as good as the first time I went, nor was the service. I was disappointed, especially since I had told my friend it was a great restaurant. I have another reservation next week with another friend. If the experience is as bad as this last time I won't be returning. Sad, because I have a business meeting in this area at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset at DukeslaverdaDined on 10/12/2014Arrived early enough to get a window seat overlooking the beach and pier, which was fantastic. Timing also had our dinner span the sunset hour which is also highly recommended. Our waiter was very helpful, pleasant and I would have to say that all of the Duke staff was great ... even providing driving hints on the exit. The main course was from the fresh fish of the day section and was as described, fresh, flavorful and well presented. Dessert was a PB cheesecake which the girls thought was very good! I would highly recommend heading to Dukes for something to eat (special dinner?) if you are in, or around Huntington Beach.Special Features:
- About lunch menu on SundaysdebsdiningDined on 10/12/2014We were under the impression by looking on the web site that the lunch menu was available as well as brunch on Sundays. It was only available in the bar area. This was disappointing for us as most of us in the party of 5 had never been to Duke's but had heard of the great seafood . Lesson learned. Also, the price of $26.95 seemed steep for the brunch. The eggs Benedict was overcooked and had skimpy sauce with no extra to put on it. The waffles were dry and hard. I have been to better brunches for less money, but then they were not at a restaurant by the ocean. We enjoyed the Hawaiian singers and dancer that entertained for our 2 Birthday girls.Special Features:
- Very niceLuvhuntingtonDined on 10/11/2014We love going to Duke's whenever we are in Huntington Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDaisyisCrazyDined on 10/11/2014Every time I come I have the best time. We always get seated with an ocean view The Hula Pie and Coconut Shrimp is amazing as is everything else I have had there.Special Features:
- FunAnonymousVIPDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is on the beach, in a perfect location, looking out at the waves &/or sunset. The food could be anything but it is v v good. We had a great time eating at Duke's in Hawaii a number of years ago and this place has the same fun, active vibe. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Their kindness would have forgiven many failings but the food was absolutely terrific. A fun evening, although not in the islands-it can transport you there. Definitely better than I would expect. Not to be missed.
- Absolutely wonderfulPickydinerDined on 10/10/2014I went to dukes originally because I live the dukes in Honolulu and this restaurant did not disappoint. Food was beyond wonderful and very reasonably priced for the quality. The view is great of the ocean and Huntington Beach pier. The service was incredible. I truly cannot find one thing to complain about. Since my first visit I have gone once more and going again next week. A truly great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeTenacgrlDined on 10/9/2014We enjoy going to Dukes for special occasions. Being by the ocean is great. The food is good and we have always had good service.Special Features:
- Best night ever!foodiechick28Dined on 10/7/2014I was planning a surprise dinner for my fiancé, it was so simple because the staff did everything in their power to secure the surprise! The manager made sure to have everyone seated ahead of time, they even had a note written to the hostess to say table for 2...even though we had 15 people waiting. He was so surprised he almost fainted. Aside from that the food and service was great and the waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Every person that we came in contact with was very friendlySpecial Features:
- Come for view, stay for the foodgottaGoDined on 10/6/2014Is right on the beach. Unobstructed ocean sunset. You think, "even if nothing else is good this wad worth it". But surprise, the opah is light and delicate, just like it should be. The preparations are pleasing to a wide pallet and the service is attentive without hovering. Enjoy that view you came in for, while you finish the hula pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive, at the very leastScottyP69VIPDined on 10/5/2014Service First... Stephanie at the door, Suzanne the Manager and the Best of the Best...Kevin...our server. I was a fine dining server in SF,, it takes a team of devoted quality staff to deliver a fine meal.... They were spot on, top drawer, the tower of Pisa! I was a first time diner at Duke's ... Not anymore! Honestly, I was expecting an average meal. The seafood was outstanding...and, Kevin explained, suggested and produced a winning dinner combination. Request Kevin, sit back and enjoy the view...Great service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant & service, food okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The customer service at Duke's is very impressive. They follow up thoroughly by calling before a reservation and are very polite and professional on the phone. The only reason why I marked my experience a star less is because they wouldn't seat us until the "majority" of the party arrived. I was certain that the rest of my party would join, but they were running late so we wanted to be seated and have a drink while waiting. However, they said it was policy not to seat a table unless the majority arrived. Eventually the rest of the party arrived and I was finally seated after waiting 30 mins, but they missed out on a couple of cocktails they could've sold me as I waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotPricelessoneDined on 10/3/2014Service was amazing. I believe our servers name was Kevin. Very knowledgeable about the menu and what to pair with each dish. We will definitely be back.Special Features: