Duke's - Murray Hill
560 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Duke's - Murray Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dukesnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 949-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00am - 5:00pm, Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Saturdays-Sundays: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Michael Siry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater any size event at your place or ours!
- Special Events: We can cater any size event at our place or yours 100-1000 people BBQ parties, Company Picnics, Office functions, you name it we do it!
A word from Duke's - Murray Hill
Dukes' menu features big-time sandwiches, salads and a great selection of burgers. Try the Bronco Burger with avocado & bacon or the homemade Daisy Duke Southern Veggie burger. Taste the barbecue - a full rack of ribs with macaroni & cheese or the brisket sandwich with crispy french fries. Top it off with our truly tempting homemade desserts and our famous Duke-A-Rita. We're open late for those late night munchies & serving a delicious weekend brunch for those lazy Sundays. Ask us about our catering too - we'll host the party or bring it to you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Duke's - Murray Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Was what we wanted!jeatsalotDined on 11/23/2014My lady and I met some friends at DUKES in Murray Hill to watch football, eat, and drink. The games were at a perfect level. The energy was awesome, the food was great, and the drinks were flowing. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchgoldsminnyVIPDined on 11/8/2014This place is great for brunch on the weekends. We watched football and had unlimited drinks they are very accomodating!Special Features:
- Good food, good atmosphereRangerfanDined on 10/14/2014I've been to Duke's a bunch of times and I'm always happy to come back. There isn't any one thing in particular that is outstanding but it is relatively inexpensive, good food in a nice, sports bar type atmosphere. Easy for a large group to go and watch a game (or games).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!SugaBrwnDined on 10/7/2014It was my husband and I first time here food was great. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchSammyDined on 10/4/2014This place is always great for big brunch and for an affordable yummy brunch. Its slightly glorified bar + diner food but it hits the spot!Special Features:
- First timegailVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our son chose dukes. My husband and I met our children to celebrate their birthdays. The place was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not againBillVIPDined on 8/26/2014The hamburger was burnt and the fries were cold.There was a couple sitting at the table next to us and when they finished eating he lit up a cigarette. The waitress never said a word. Then there was another guy smoking an e cigarette the whole time he was eating his meal. No one ever said a word. Sorry but I'm never going backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Better as a bar for groups to watch football games at and eat finger foods than a restaurant.Special Features:
- fun and cheapAriesLoveDined on 8/21/2014Great happy hour specials...half off. Good after work crowd and relaxed and chill. You don't feel like you're in NYC, more like the south for however long you stay.Special Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Duke's - Murray Hill reviews archive.
- Farewell lunch with co-worker.CarolmicVIPDined on 7/24/2014Went for lunch with 10 others this past Thursday. We all enjoyed all our food. The portions are big, the food tasty and drinks are cheap. I had the brisket and two sides I got to choose and had no complaints at all. Have been here before and would come back again. Especially for a happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service keeps decliningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/2014The service at this restaurant keeps getting worse. We had to flag down the waitress for refills. Our food was delivered to ther wrong table twice
- JPNYCDined on 6/15/20146pm - already out of the 1/2 priced dinner special. Gave us a hard time substituting another entree. How could you be out of the 1/2 priced secial at 6pm - and then not be liberal in the substitution?Special Features:
- Good times great wingsRussVIPDined on 6/4/2014The wings are really really really good here. So are the sliders.. Also very underrated sandwiches and burgers the Kansas City sandwich is bonkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really enjoyed!TashaVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had a group of 9 in our party. Service was very good and the booth was large...no one was squished. Not the restaurant to go to if you want a quiet evening...it was loud inside. We actually never ordered main dishes as we all had so much fun choosing loads of appetizers and sliders. The food was really good...nothing fancy but had different kinds of choices/combinations. Our teens especially enjoyed their food and were happy I chose a casual restaurant this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/29/2014It was margarita night yet they didn't have the mix for half of their specials. The service was horrible. We asked for water along with our bar drinks and had to ask again 3 times before it came. The food was mediocre and did not come out as ordered. I understand its a sports bar but the music was blaring so loud that we couldn't hear each other speak.
- I will be backRicoDined on 5/24/2014Walked past this place many times. Always poppin. Heard it was god and dent regret it. Fun times, decent food, friendly service. Mynonlybwsh was a better wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for beer, sports and pub grubWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 5/14/2014Nice relaxed, fun, party, friendly atmosphere. Large portions and the daily specials are huge money savers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotKrisdall79VIPDined on 5/9/2014Great place to grab lunch while in Murray Hill....kitschy decor and good service. Diner type food ...great southwestern chicken salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinksEnjoyableDined on 5/6/2014This place has some drinks with some really good kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Last Minute FindCrimsonmedVIPDined on 5/1/2014The host was rather rude initially, but warmed up after I gave a death stare. The waitress was very warm, bubbly, and inviting. The noise level is very high but that can be expected from a lively bar. Drinks and food were all extremely affordable and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A southern comfort sports barWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great place to hang out, watch a game, grab a brew (or two) and enjoy a tasty meal. Gets crowded, which can slow down service, so ordering by the pitcher is a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicecocoDined on 3/16/2014We ended up having a great time and the food was good and once the drinks started flowing all was forgiven. But we did have to wait 20 minutes and then ask for a server, yes it was busy but someone could stop by the table and then they ran out of champagne twice and we had to switch to screwdrivers. Over all a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't recommend itSoulStarDined on 2/21/2014A friend and I went to Dukes because we heard the wings were amazing. There ended up being the worst part of our meal. We ordered wings and wanted half spicy and half honey bbq. Instead of dipping the wings they brought over dry flavorless wings and gave us sauces to dip the wings into. They taste horrible and I am not even sure if dipping them would have made them much better. The restaurant was packed and nosey and you could tell it was one of those places coworkers frequent in large groups. We couldn't even hear our conversation because of how close and loud the people next to and behind us where. The best thing about the place was the drinks, but even after trying several drinks this place still left a nasty taste in my mouth.
- Dukes is always a solid choicejeffDined on 2/12/2014Had another good meal here....solid comfort food. The pigs n blanket appetizer, burger, and buffalo chicken sandwich were all enjoyable. The unique atmosphere also adds to the fun - a lot to look at!Special Features:
- Birthday lunch with coworkersCarolmicVIPDined on 2/7/2014No surprises with this place You get what you expect. It is mostly pub foot but very good pub food. We asked for a few special orders and everything came out as ordered. Best to go here for drinks and food after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome DerrickRussVIPDined on 2/1/2014As a Duke's regular it is a breath of fresh air to welcome Derrick, a true Cuse Alum / Fan as Manager. Guy know's what's up. Definitely recommend Duke's as a spot to watch Cuse Hoops to all Cuse Alum / fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodPJNYCVIPDined on 1/26/2014I expected better, but this was fine. The menu is very varied, so it makes it good for groups who may not all want the same type of food. The restaurant was preactically empty when we went on a Sunday night, so it's hard to judge the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunRussVIPDined on 1/21/2014Awesome spot for good BBQ food beer and watching the gameSpecial Features:
- Nicest Server - Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014The food is great - definitely comfort food....the unlimited brunch is awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We really enjoyed Duke's for an early New Year's Eve dinner with our triplet teenagers. The food was quite yummy, the portions large, the service was excellent. It's not fancy so you can dress casually and not feel out of place. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worse ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2013I'm NYC tourist and had the oprtunity to visit several restaurant in my 10 days trip. Honestly this place not represent NY food and neither any american traditional place. Food undercooked and greasy, drinks late and waterlike taste, service unorganized, etc...Very dissapointed,:-(.
- Lunch with coworkersCarolmicVIPDined on 12/19/2013Went to celebrate coworker's birthday. Everyone enjoyed their food choices and our waitress,Susie was very attentive. We would come back again. Though I believe this is more likely a place to go for happy hour.Special Features:
- GreatRussVIPDined on 12/9/2013As usual Dukes doesn't disappoint. Great food great service and funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SportsRussVIPDined on 11/23/2013Great spot to watch the GMEN, eat some wings and drink some beers.Special Features:
- Great bit of AmericanaNYCtouristDined on 11/16/2013We visited from the UK and loved this place because it felt authentically American. The decor, the multiple TVs all showing football games and US sitcoms. We were unashamed tourists that day and so loved this place. The service was friendly and food came quick. Portion sizes were huge and it was great value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food butgoldyDined on 10/27/2013The manager was not nice. The waitresses and the rest of the staff were great, but the manager was rude to patrons and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but louddaveoDined on 9/7/2013I have ordered from Duke's many times before and the food had always been delicious. I decided to try it at the restaurant and it did not disappoint. However people there were very loud - my fault for going to what I did not know was a sports bar on a Friday night. It was busy and hard to get my waitress' attention. But food was greatSpecial Features:
- Sports Bar with american style foodtommoDined on 8/26/2013Menu miix of burgers, wings etc. Excellent casual food and dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not wheelchair accessiblewinky49Dined on 8/19/2013I made a reservation online indicating that a member of our party for dinner was in a wheelchair, and I called to double check wheelchair accessibility. But when we arrived for dinner all they had was a dangerous temporary ramp that created an incline so steep that the wheelchair would surely topple over and its owner would certainly be seriously injured. Manager also displayed ineffectual attitude, which did not help. We left without eating.
- Bad food and worse margaritas...nicDcatVIPDined on 5/24/2013Bad food and worse margaritas...nice energy, but I couldnt even recommend the bar