21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dukesmalibu.com/
- Phone: 3103170777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Eric BosRau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Duke's Malibu
Duke's Malibu restaurant and Barefoot Bar sits perched on the water's edge just four miles north of Sunset Boulevard. Dressed up or down, you'll feel welcome at this ocean front restaurant. With over 300 feet of picture windows out to the Pacific, Duke's boasts one of the longest oceanfront sites on the west coast. You'll experience the spirit of Aloha here from the crashing waves, Hawaiian influenced cuisine and the genuine friendly service that is Duke's signature. You are invited to relax and take in the endless ocean views while enjoying the freshest seafood and premium steaks, each uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Duke's Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Duke's Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (263)special occasion (141)great for lunch (113)great for brunch (94)romantic (90)good for groups (90)kid-friendly (65)vibrant bar scene (48)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (42)hot spot (32)late-night find (21)notable wine list (16)Show More
- Great ExperienceCollinVIPDined on 9/28/2014Two weeks ago we had dinner at Dukes on Maui. This was almost as good! (You can't beat Hawaii)Special Features:
- GoldleederDined on 9/28/2014We have dined here many times, and have celebrated birthdays at Dukes. Can't beat the view of the ocean!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous views. Service was a bit amiss. Had to ask for water 5 times! Other than that, the staff was friendly.
- CappyDined on 9/24/2014Love Dukes! Reliably good food, drink,and service. There is a fun vibe and it's location and views of the Ocean are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewsseltzerDined on 9/24/2014Perfect location on PCH in Malibu. We dined at sunset at a window table on a clear day with a great view of Catalina Island. The food was very good, service was excellent, drinks were tasty and strong and the Lava Cake ranks up there with the best desserts we have ever had. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FoodSparkyDined on 9/23/2014Had dinner at Duke's and the food is mediocre. Restaurant was extremely noisy. The saving grace about Duke's was our server who was very friendly and gave us great service. I think this place might be better for lunch and the reason for that would be the view. It is right on the ocean. That doesn't mean the food would be any better. The thing that really annoyed us was having to pay $5.00 for valet parking. You had no choice, it was valet or nothing. Would not go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Ocean View while dining ....FoodLuvrVIPDined on 9/21/2014The view is spectacular and the food is good, but not great. But if you are a dessert person you need to get their monstrous Hula Pie. It is a must share item and we shared it between 5 of us and it was just enough without feeling like you went overboard. As for their main dishes, two in our party of 6 had the Prime Rib and they loved it. I had the Braised Seafood Pot and it was just okay ... not what I expected and nothing spectacular. 3 others had salads and added grilled shrimp and liked theirs.Special Features:
- Lovely! Casual! Romantic!Cat24Dined on 9/21/2014We Love Duke's! I went with my BF this past Sunday. We were looking for a place that had great food, beautiful romantic view, & casual attire. We were able to make a same day reservation. Duke's was the best place for this! This is def our last minute "Go To" restaurant ❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking a BreakBrainTimeOffDined on 9/21/2014Sunday is active enough to be a people watching event as well as being a New Yorker an opportunity to impose on others around your to converse. View on the "porch" is great along with favorable food and prices.Special Features:
- Romantic paradiseDandEdineDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Duke's. It's the same restaurant I took her to the day I proposed. We got a seat by the window, and I enjoyed her reaction to the waves breakout outside the window, sometimes spraying foam onto the glass. The food is sublime - the Poke tacos appetizer is one of our favorites, as well as the Lava Flow and Tropical Itch cocktails. The highlight of our experience hands down was our amazing waiter, A.J. Stone. He was so warm, sincere and attentive, and we wound up engaging in a memorable and inspiring conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Noisy, was not a good place for a anniversary dinner. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Last minute decision for lunch...JASpan718Dined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere during lunch was light & casual. It was breezy & gorgeous, as the windows over the rocks & ocean were open. The lunch menu had great variety. We both chose the chowder, & the Ono w/basil & black garlic, jasmine rice & harissa. It was wonderfully prepared! Perfectly seasoned & cooked. Seriously, I would have had seconds, but does ANYONE actually do that at a restaurant? LOL Our sever, Hayley, was polite, made great suggestions, was attentive & helpful. I noticed other tables were seated & reseated while we were still dining so we surely spent quite a while enjoying the food & scenery, but we weren't rushed by anyone & even had dessert. We had a terrific time & we'll definitely do this again. What a great last minute idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AlwaysjohnneyeagleDined on 9/18/2014DUKE'S was as usual a wonderful place to enjoy food, have great conversation, and relax. The waiters were timely and attentive. There was also someone who came by our table to make certain that we had everything we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePaulDined on 9/18/2014Our waitress (Natalie ) was amazing....& view beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodDined on 9/17/2014It was my son's 30th birthday. The last time he was there was for his senior prom in 2002, so it was especially memorable! We were not disappointed! Thanks for a great experience and delicious food. Our waiter AJ was the best!Special Features:
- So/soChristine4Dined on 9/14/2014The view was amazing! However, it was so hot in there. It was a comfortable feeling. I didn't understand why the resturant did not use AC? Secondly, the food was not too great for the price. We asked for medium cooked filet Minton and got rare, we had lobster and it was dry. I would not come back to this place nor recommend it to anyone else. Sorry, Christine RushingSpecial Features:
- Nice place , old surfing charmDieterSanDiegoDined on 9/13/2014We found this place driving through Malibu. For dinner, the menu has a little variety for everyone. Good steak..small in portion. Our server was friendly and Attentive. The only complaint was the temperature inside was warm and humid. Would go back on cooler evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningFamDined on 9/13/2014Everything was great except for my husband's meal. He order the pork chop on special and he did not like the vegetables/side dishes that came with it. He loves all veggies but he could not eat this because he said it tasted so bad. He said the pork chop was ok. Overall, he said he wished he had ordered something else. The kids seemed to like their meals and my fish was very good, too. The Hula Pie was great, as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best anniversary dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We our wedding anniversary. We decided to start off with some drinks and an appetizer, we ordered the coconut shrimp, which came 4 pieces for $12.00. My husband ordered the Filet Minon, medium-rare, and I ordered the Prime Rib, medium. When our food finally came out, his filet was completely well done, while mine was still bleeding. I noticed all of the other tables were being offered a bread basket, and we kept waiting for our waiter to bring ours. Finally, I asked if they gave out bread and he said oh yeah, let me bring you some All in all, our bill was about $150.00 including drinks/tax/tip. I feel that for that amount of money, our dinner and anniversary dinner should have been unforgettable... but sadly it was a let down.Special Features:
- Great view, disappointing foodBooked2DineVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've had good meals here in the past. Perhaps we should have ordered something other than the fish and chips. I've had better at just about any other restaurant where I've ordered them. Don't go solely by this review. Just order something else. We had a window table and watched the high surf crash right over the rocks and nearly up to our window. Good views of diving pelicans and the occasional seal. No dolphins.Special Features:
- amazing spot and lovely foodvivdineDined on 9/8/2014Ok so it was a full moon and the view of the waves crashing into the rocks was fantastic. The drinks at the bar beforehand were at happy hour prices and then when we sat down the view was great. It was a Monday and fairly quiet so we managed to get a window seat. The food was lovely. We both had fish and our server from Virginia was friendly, professional and helpful. The overall bill was far less than I thought it would be.Special Features:
- Dinner and a Showluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014Dinner was excellent and the surf put on a tremendous show due to the influence of Hurricane Norbert. We had a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Had been here years ago and was bringing a Midwestern friend for ocean front dining. The sign was not lit up out from so we drove right past it. Got seated right away, but the place really seems run down and is need of a makeover. The foot was expensive and the portions were small and not very tasty. We had the calamari appetizer which was the smallest portion I have ever seen for calamari. My Ahi with the 7 spices was just not very tasty and the rice was bland. Overall, I was very disappointed given the location and price. Waited way too long for valet parking to get my car. In addition, the charge $5 for parking and you have no choice but valet.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!KathleenDined on 9/4/2014We went for my husbands birthday. First time. We were seated at a window seat in the dining room, as requested. I'd called to bump up our reservation time and the woman on the phone, Elaine?, was so warm, compassionate with a personal situation we had, it moved me. Then she recommended we get the Hula Pie for my husbands birthday desert. We did, and we finished the whole thing! The service was exceptional; thank you Brian!! The food and wine were incredible. Our experience was 5 star all across the board. We'd definitely recommend this place and return again! Thanks Dukes!Special Features:
- Go for the viewPothunterDined on 9/4/2014Duke's is a fun place to take out of town visitors. Waves crash just below the window and every once in a while, crash on the window. The food was average but the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fanFoodiefiendDined on 9/1/2014I love Dukes and have been going there for years, I always order a lava flow because it's my favorite drink on the menu unfortunately during this trip I basically received a watery piña colada doused in rum so that put a bit of a damper on the night but the food never dissapoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Great view good food. The service was good. Had to wait 15 min with a reservation, which was ok, for holiday weekend.Special Features:
- Relaxed decent dinnerParcitdeervalleyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dukes was what we wanted. Nice view of ocean, decent food, relaxed environment and good for kids. We will be back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beat the ViewDreamdustDined on 8/31/2014We took out of town guests to Duke's for Sunday Brunch. Fortunately, we had a reservation. Duke's is a popular beach restaurant and crowds up very quickly. I'd requested and received a window table - the view of the ocean is phenomenal. The surf crashed right up onto the rocks, and occasionally, almost to the window. The brunch buffet was fine. The food was good - nothing extraordinary but certainly priced well - $26.95. Service was friendly, but not too attentive. I think it's just too busy for servers to be more attentive. Overall, we had a good experience and will return, of course.
- Poor Service from HostessmikemcfiDined on 8/30/2014Due to traffic arrived right at my reservation time. I had requested a window seat. Waited about 10 minutes and was taken to a table in the back room, asked the person about the several window seats available and was told if we want one it would be another 20 minute wait. While ordering drinks and dinner the most of the tables by the windows were still empty. I asked the waiter if we could move and he said he would check. The answer was take you drinks and go to the bar and wait for one to open up?? The reason we go here is for the views, food is average, service from our waiter was excellent this time but has not been so in the past.Special Features:
- Great fish!BigDaddyDiggityDankDeeDined on 8/29/2014Though the restaurant is looking somewhat dated - you main purpose there is for the fresh fish which was a 10+. We all had the fresh Opah with a Parmesan Herb crust - it was incredible. Unfortunately for us - we made our reservations through Open Table and Duke's reported us a a "NO-SHOW" which other restaurants have done as well though we actually ate at these establishments. I am much too busy of a person to have to defend myself against NO-SHOW emails from Open Table! Make your reservation directly with the restaurant!!!Special Features:
- great place to see the big waves!kwarmingDined on 8/29/2014Wow! what a great place to watch the big waves hit southern California while having a delicious lunch!Special Features:
- Check out waves/wildlife!CynthiaDined on 8/28/2014Really great restaurant! Perfect spot for checking out waves, wildlife and real cool when helicopters or planes fly over! Food is good if you love Hawaiian restaurants, we love everything about Hawaii so for us it was a real treat! Service was great all over, really worth checking this place out.Special Features:
- Seating (Chairs)49thWADined on 8/28/2014Great place, we frequent all the TS Restaurants both here and in Hawaii. Dukes is our # 2 place with Leilani's an easy #1. Would like to see more variety in domestic/imported bottled beers, Budweiser isn't where it is at! Were seniors, loved the Calmari but would like to see the traditional Shrimp Cocktail return to Duke's Malibu. The dark side, the chairs are definetly on their way out and need replacement. Wife and I both had backaches after this most recent visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014food awful but may be worth it for the ocean view. even though on your site we ask for window, they didn't have one and then i asked to wait and we got one after 20 minutes or so.Special Features:
- Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our server was so patient with our large table of 8. They put us at a nice window table and were very accommodating to let some of us order off the lunch menu on a sunday afternoon. Our server was so good and right on top of the game. We felt like we were his only table.Special Features:
- Almost felt guiltyBenBuddyDined on 8/24/2014Dukes for Sunday brunch is fantastic. They have their parking together ($5 valet). They read your Open Table request (window table, gorgeous). The food is well prepared and the choices are extensive. Great breakfast or lunch choices. Top notch fresh fruit and veggies. Table service attention was very good. Full Bar not included in the brunch $$ price but hey, great drinks. On a Sunday, you get around ninety minutes and then they hint they need the table. Not rude. The bar gets full of people waiting. RESERVE WITH OPEN TABLE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed because I used to love DukesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We waited for 35 minutes after our reservation. Then we didn't get to sit by the window. They said there was a 20 to 40 minute wait for The window table, but then seated a party of four within minutes.
- It was terrific. A little noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Recommended by our daughter for our 38th anniversary. It was fabulous. Food was great, and our waiter could not have been better. The view of the ocean was wonderful. The only complaint was that it is a little bit noisy, but other than that we were very happy to have come to Dukes.Special Features:
- Lunch with out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I requested a window table and that is what I got. Service was EXCELLENT and food delicious! We had children with us and we had a lot of fun.Special Features: