21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dukesmalibu.com/
- Phone: 3103170777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Eric BosRau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Duke's Malibu
Duke's Malibu restaurant and Barefoot Bar sits perched on the water's edge just four miles north of Sunset Boulevard. Dressed up or down, you'll feel welcome at this ocean front restaurant. With over 300 feet of picture windows out to the Pacific, Duke's boasts one of the longest oceanfront sites on the west coast. You'll experience the spirit of Aloha here from the crashing waves, Hawaiian influenced cuisine and the genuine friendly service that is Duke's signature. You are invited to relax and take in the endless ocean views while enjoying the freshest seafood and premium steaks, each uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Duke's Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Duke's Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (257)special occasion (135)great for lunch (98)good for groups (91)romantic (90)great for brunch (85)kid-friendly (60)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (49)vibrant bar scene (43)great for outdoor dining (41)hot spot (41)notable wine list (19)late-night find (18)Show More
- View is greattracyDined on 10/26/2014Booked the place for brunch to celebrate my friend's b-day, asked for a table by the window specifically but we were seated in the booth high up there. View is still good, but would be better if we can see it without having so many heads in the line of sight. Food was ok. The carving station was everybody's favorite, the prime rib was just so flavorful. Everything else was mediocre, but still good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views Everywheresteelers86Dined on 10/25/2014Wow! I have driven past Duke's numerous times and always wanted to stop. So glad I finally did. The restaurant is amazing. Service was the best. Reservations got us seated right away on a Saturday evening. The waitress was there to greet us within seconds. There is NO bad seat in the restaurant. Every table has a beautiful view of the ocean. It is very kid friendly, yet romantic. The food was delicious. I was very pleased with the experience, not to mention we were celebrating my mother's 71st birthday and they provided a very large piece of macadamia nut ice cream cake with hot fudge, that was to die for. Overall experience was simply wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice suprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014So often, restaurants with beautiful views do not pay attention to their service and food. We had a part of seven and were able to enjoy all three. We needed to reduce our party size at the last minute and the hostess was professional, cordial and efficient in getting a new table ready. The view was magnificent and the fool was delicious!Special Features:
- Date Night MustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Took my birthday lady here - great bloody mary and steak dinner by the sea.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Parents used to all bring me here when I was a child. Feels great to bring my 10 year old here for brunch and still have the same experience. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's is great!Ja4kuDined on 10/15/2014I go everytime I am in the LA area. It is one of my favorite dinner spots. The cool breeze from the ocean and great food and atmosphere make this a great place for a romantic dinner or to socalize with business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reservationBIGFELLOWDined on 10/15/2014Very good service from valet parking onward. Prompt attention. Good food and drinks.Special Features:
- Better View than FoodwilldriveforfoodDined on 10/13/2014The view was great. The food was average. The prices were very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ocean ViewMNRussDined on 10/12/2014We made a dinner reservation for 7:00 PM and requested a window table and were pleasantly surprised when they were able to accommodate our request. The food was excellent!!! From the appetizer (calamari) to our main courses (Ahi Tuna and Opah) the quality and flavor was superb. The Ahi was one of the best I have ever had. Overall Dukes was a great dining experience with a great view of the pacific ocean. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MValerie8VIPDined on 10/11/2014My experience wasn't what I expected when I made my reservation. If I was only going to judge based on appetizers and dessert, I would give it 4 stars. But, I gave them 2 because my entree was a major turnoff. The rice had no flavor and the parmesan & herb crust on my fish wasn't good. The bok choy asian slaw was ok. I definitely left hungry :( Positives: Steamed Pork Buns Malasadas for dessert Friendly Staff Ocean View Negatives: Very dated decor My entreeSpecial Features:
- Malibu DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The food at Duke's was delicious, the service was top shelf and the view of the Pacific as we dined, priceless!Special Features:
- Michael BayouthBaydogDined on 10/10/2014A magical experience! Every moment was perfect. The atmosphere, food, staff and drinks were par excellence! And they remembered it was a special graduation dinner and brought us an outstanding desert on the house! Thanks for making it very special guys!Special Features:
- Great birthday lunchMarilynVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our reservation was honored with a beautiful window table seating. Our waiter was helpful and attentive. Our lunches were good. Great place to celebrate a birthday with their Hilo ice-cream dessert..yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/9/2014Fabulous dining experience...from appetizers, to entrees, to desserts! Wait staff was knowledgeable and helpful; ocean was right outside the window; had valet parking.Special Features:
- Waited 45 minutes WITH reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2014Been to Duke many times, usually a pretty good place for lunch for out of town guests. Apparently making a reservation doesn't mean much though, so be warned. Upon arriving promptly at 7 PM we were told there would be a 10 minute wait for a window table (which had specifically been requested in our reservation.) 10 minutes is no problem, but it was more than 45 minutes before we were actually seated and the nice sunset was long gone as was our good feeling about Dukes. The place wasn't that crowded and we saw numerous people arrive after us being seated in window tables while we waited in the bar. Absolutely no attempt was made by the hostess to make amends for this or even acknowledge that this was a problem.
- Great views and good foodGingerdeaDined on 10/9/2014Great view of the ocean and above average food. I would come here again. Prices are a little above average, but definitely no worse than Paradise Cove and much better food than there. We would definitely come again if we are ever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAloha2dukesDined on 10/7/2014I've been going to dukes for 20 years and I love this place. Have had parties and small group settings and both have had amazing service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, good seafoodadventuregirlDined on 10/6/2014Dukes has a fun, casual atmosphere with unique dishes using fresh fish. The waves splash at the window while you eat, making it seem as if you are on a cruise ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beauty by the seaJCole805Dined on 10/5/2014This place is amazing... Been here a couple times and every time the service is awesome and the food is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!sandy23Dined on 10/5/2014love this place, more each time i visit! i.love their buffet spread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panoramic view of the Pacific!onlythebestDined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch at Duke's is incomparable! Enjoy an incredible panoramic view of the Pacific while noshing on everything from the standard brunch fare of bagels and lox, fresh Belgian waffles, cut to order roast beef or ham as well as the most scrumptious scrambled eggs that melt in the mouth. The desserts are bite-sized so there is less guilt for indulging. There are also Hawaiian delicacies such as cabbage and Kalu pig.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 10/5/2014Hostess was terrific. Waitress and waiter very friendly, but not as attentive as in the past. Food choices at brunch o.k. with something for everyone. Lava Cake dessert was fantastic. Probably better for lunch or dinner. Brunch really crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againFoodluvDined on 10/5/2014I've been to this location before...but never for brunch. I now will never return because my experience left such a bad taste in my mouth. My husband and I were seated in a beautiful spot next to the window--great start. That's where it ended. I have been a server myself for 12 yrs, I get when someone is busy. There was no excuse for letting someone sit for 15 min (actual 15, not felt like 15) without drinks. I get that it is a buffet and people are up and down and you may not see them immediately. We waited 5 before going to the buffet, then 10 when we got back before anyone ever approached our table. Our server was with a big party but there is no excuse for this. The food was completely lackluster to top everything off. Denny's is betterSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceRaylandcdiningDined on 10/3/2014Duke's is always good food, and a nice atmosphere. Here we had excellent service and a great view of the ocean, with waves just outside our window. The Hula Pie is a family favorite.Special Features:
- Excellent service but bad foodVadimDined on 10/3/2014We had 3 grilled mahi mahi island style and all agreed how tasteless and dry that was. But service and Waiter was just awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaLouDined on 9/30/2014As always Duke's was great. Great place for a special occasion. Wish I remembered our waiters name. We all loved him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner by the waterCharlieDined on 9/29/2014Great view, great food and exceptional service. Prices were reasonable and the restaurant was quiet on a Monday night. Server went above and beyond to deliver an awesome birthday for my girlfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Duke's has been our go to restaurant when visiting our son at Pepperdine but this time, on his 21st birthday, we were left very disappointed with the quality of the food. Nothing in particular was bad, but rather the presentation, taste and overall experience was bland. Not sure what has happened to their usually tasty menu items. On the other hand, we did enjoy the experience in the bar and appreciated the welcome of the bar staff for our son celebrating 21 years!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCollinVIPDined on 9/28/2014Two weeks ago we had dinner at Dukes on Maui. This was almost as good! (You can't beat Hawaii)Special Features:
- GoldleederDined on 9/28/2014We have dined here many times, and have celebrated birthdays at Dukes. Can't beat the view of the ocean!Special Features:
- Tried and true!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Good food, great service. You can't beat the view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous views. Service was a bit amiss. Had to ask for water 5 times! Other than that, the staff was friendly.
- CappyDined on 9/24/2014Love Dukes! Reliably good food, drink,and service. There is a fun vibe and it's location and views of the Ocean are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewsseltzerDined on 9/24/2014Perfect location on PCH in Malibu. We dined at sunset at a window table on a clear day with a great view of Catalina Island. The food was very good, service was excellent, drinks were tasty and strong and the Lava Cake ranks up there with the best desserts we have ever had. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FoodSparkyDined on 9/23/2014Had dinner at Duke's and the food is mediocre. Restaurant was extremely noisy. The saving grace about Duke's was our server who was very friendly and gave us great service. I think this place might be better for lunch and the reason for that would be the view. It is right on the ocean. That doesn't mean the food would be any better. The thing that really annoyed us was having to pay $5.00 for valet parking. You had no choice, it was valet or nothing. Would not go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Ocean View while dining ....FoodLuvrVIPDined on 9/21/2014The view is spectacular and the food is good, but not great. But if you are a dessert person you need to get their monstrous Hula Pie. It is a must share item and we shared it between 5 of us and it was just enough without feeling like you went overboard. As for their main dishes, two in our party of 6 had the Prime Rib and they loved it. I had the Braised Seafood Pot and it was just okay ... not what I expected and nothing spectacular. 3 others had salads and added grilled shrimp and liked theirs.Special Features:
- Lovely! Casual! Romantic!Cat24Dined on 9/21/2014We Love Duke's! I went with my BF this past Sunday. We were looking for a place that had great food, beautiful romantic view, & casual attire. We were able to make a same day reservation. Duke's was the best place for this! This is def our last minute "Go To" restaurant ❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking a BreakBrainTimeOffDined on 9/21/2014Sunday is active enough to be a people watching event as well as being a New Yorker an opportunity to impose on others around your to converse. View on the "porch" is great along with favorable food and prices.Special Features:
- Romantic paradiseDandEdineDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Duke's. It's the same restaurant I took her to the day I proposed. We got a seat by the window, and I enjoyed her reaction to the waves breakout outside the window, sometimes spraying foam onto the glass. The food is sublime - the Poke tacos appetizer is one of our favorites, as well as the Lava Flow and Tropical Itch cocktails. The highlight of our experience hands down was our amazing waiter, A.J. Stone. He was so warm, sincere and attentive, and we wound up engaging in a memorable and inspiring conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Noisy, was not a good place for a anniversary dinner. The food was excellent.Special Features: