21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dukesmalibu.com/
- Phone: 3103170777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Eric BosRau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Duke's Malibu
Duke's Malibu restaurant and Barefoot Bar sits perched on the water's edge just four miles north of Sunset Boulevard. Dressed up or down, you'll feel welcome at this ocean front restaurant. With over 300 feet of picture windows out to the Pacific, Duke's boasts one of the longest oceanfront sites on the west coast. You'll experience the spirit of Aloha here from the crashing waves, Hawaiian influenced cuisine and the genuine friendly service that is Duke's signature. You are invited to relax and take in the endless ocean views while enjoying the freshest seafood and premium steaks, each uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Duke's Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Duke's Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (265)special occasion (142)great for lunch (111)great for brunch (100)good for groups (85)romantic (84)kid-friendly (65)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (44)fit for foodies (41)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (28)late-night find (18)notable wine list (17)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Great view good food. The service was good. Had to wait 15 min with a reservation, which was ok, for holiday weekend.Special Features:
- Relaxed decent dinnerParcitdeervalleyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dukes was what we wanted. Nice view of ocean, decent food, relaxed environment and good for kids. We will be back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beat the ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We took out of town guests to Duke's for Sunday Brunch. Fortunately, we had a reservation. Duke's is a popular beach restaurant and crowds up very quickly. I'd requested and received a window table - the view of the ocean is phenomenal. The surf crashed right up onto the rocks, and occasionally, almost to the window. The brunch buffet was fine. The food was good - nothing extraordinary but certainly priced well - $26.95. Service was friendly, but not too attentive. I think it's just too busy for servers to be more attentive. Overall, we had a good experience and will return, of course.
- Great fish!BigDaddyDiggityDankDeeDined on 8/29/2014Though the restaurant is looking somewhat dated - you main purpose there is for the fresh fish which was a 10+. We all had the fresh Opah with a Parmesan Herb crust - it was incredible. Unfortunately for us - we made our reservations through Open Table and Duke's reported us a a "NO-SHOW" which other restaurants have done as well though we actually ate at these establishments. I am much too busy of a person to have to defend myself against NO-SHOW emails from Open Table! Make your reservation directly with the restaurant!!!Special Features:
- great place to see the big waves!kwarmingDined on 8/29/2014Wow! what a great place to watch the big waves hit southern California while having a delicious lunch!Special Features:
- Seating (Chairs)49thWADined on 8/28/2014Great place, we frequent all the TS Restaurants both here and in Hawaii. Dukes is our # 2 place with Leilani's an easy #1. Would like to see more variety in domestic/imported bottled beers, Budweiser isn't where it is at! Were seniors, loved the Calmari but would like to see the traditional Shrimp Cocktail return to Duke's Malibu. The dark side, the chairs are definetly on their way out and need replacement. Wife and I both had backaches after this most recent visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014food awful but may be worth it for the ocean view. even though on your site we ask for window, they didn't have one and then i asked to wait and we got one after 20 minutes or so.Special Features:
- Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our server was so patient with our large table of 8. They put us at a nice window table and were very accommodating to let some of us order off the lunch menu on a sunday afternoon. Our server was so good and right on top of the game. We felt like we were his only table.Special Features:
- Almost felt guiltyBenBuddyDined on 8/24/2014Dukes for Sunday brunch is fantastic. They have their parking together ($5 valet). They read your Open Table request (window table, gorgeous). The food is well prepared and the choices are extensive. Great breakfast or lunch choices. Top notch fresh fruit and veggies. Table service attention was very good. Full Bar not included in the brunch $$ price but hey, great drinks. On a Sunday, you get around ninety minutes and then they hint they need the table. Not rude. The bar gets full of people waiting. RESERVE WITH OPEN TABLE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed because I used to love DukesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We waited for 35 minutes after our reservation. Then we didn't get to sit by the window. They said there was a 20 to 40 minute wait for The window table, but then seated a party of four within minutes.
- It was terrific. A little noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Recommended by our daughter for our 38th anniversary. It was fabulous. Food was great, and our waiter could not have been better. The view of the ocean was wonderful. The only complaint was that it is a little bit noisy, but other than that we were very happy to have come to Dukes.Special Features:
- Lunch with out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I requested a window table and that is what I got. Service was EXCELLENT and food delicious! We had children with us and we had a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Dukes is so close to the Pacific...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014We had a terrific dinner and sat next to the ocean. The waves were pounding against the rocks while we dined. Awesome experience!
- Delicious SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The Hawaiian atmosphere and carefully prepared Food is delicious! Worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I hadn't brought guests.JASpan718Dined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely view @ a table by the window. Its really very loud, but it is what it is. Our server was friendly & professional. I think a 14 min wait for bread/butter is long, but she rectified it, & apologized. She was attentive. If someone was up from our table when she checked on us, she came back to check on them when they returned. Honestly, the only negative I'd have to say is the food. My son & I had the prime rib & the chefs special. Both left nothing to brag about. Just eh. The seasoning on both was nothing better than I could do on my own grill, but I've had better anywhere I've had steak. The top had grill marks, but the underside looked grey & steamed. Seafood entrees were ok. Brussels Sprouts were too charred to eat.
- BDAY DINNERDUKESDined on 8/20/2014GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND VIEW. loved the mud pie that came for my birthday. food was surprisingly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A localtruffleVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a great dinner at Duke's. The fish was cooked exactly as we requested. We have lunch at Duke's all the time and love the fish tacos and seafood chowder. We often enjoy our meal while watching the dolphins swim by. Josh was our severer for dinner and made our experience especially pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014THE FOOD WAS REALLY GOOD! OUR WAITRESS HAD A LOT TO BE DESIRED, BUT THE FOOD MADE UP FOR IT. ATMOSPHERE WAS REALLY NICE ALSO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the viewhulapieDined on 8/17/2014Dukes is a great casual dining restaurant and with a window seat, a view of the dolphins is almost guaranteed. The food is very tasty and presented in a decorative fashion, appealing to the eye. The hula pie is a must have for a sharing finish to your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014All of my special requests were fulfilled. Service was excellent, everyone was polite, food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014A little overrated. Food was good not great and it was as hot as hell in the restaurant. The A/C was off, why I don't know. The price was fair enough. justSpecial Features:
- Perfect for out of town guests!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great scenery, amazing food, fantastic wait staff who are knowledgable and engaging. The best part about Duke's is that they are always consistent. I can trust that my guests and I will have an amazing experience every time!Special Features:
- Always a good choiceLarry2Dined on 8/15/2014When you want the combination of a nice meal that won't kill the budget and the enjoyable view of the sun setting over the Pacific, it's hard to beat Duke's.Special Features:
- Fun for companyPalifoodsterDined on 8/15/2014Fun to take company to. Great view, fun history lesson (all the photos with and about Duke and the surf culture). I wish there was even more info about surf culture there tho. You kind of have to know a lot yourself. It is very very loud inside. The barefoot bar is fun with sand beneath your feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatJinWLAVIPDined on 8/12/2014Did not care for the menu... Very casual for the prices. Service was terrific - friendly employees.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereDessertolicDined on 8/11/2014We had a nice table with ocean view. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable, recommending his favorites. The Seafood Chowder was the best in Malibu and the huge piece of Hula Pie was enough for four. I was a bit disappointed with my spinach side salad as it was soggy and I told the waiter. The ambience is always relaxing and fun. We usually eat and drink in the Barefoot Bar during Happy Hour and always enjoyed it. We love Dukes and will continue to drive here from Calabasas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Duke'sdude1001Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful last dinner on honeymoon tour at Duke's - Delicious food, good service, buena vista!Special Features:
- View of the Pacific while you dineiLo823VIPDined on 8/10/2014Service was outstanding - very attentive and accommodating. Sat and looked out at the Pacific Ocean while we dined - way cool! Fish selection was very good and there are 4 basic choices of preparation. The hummus appetizer was good with two very different selections - macadamia nut and edamame. There are no gluten-free desserts offered other than ice cream.Special Features:
- Once again a great timeOpenMouthVIPDined on 8/9/2014Every aspect of dining at Duke's is superb...from the parking attendants, to the hostess staff, to the wait staff and, over all, the food and ambience. This place cannot be beat for value. That is why we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Awesome Servicelolo88Dined on 8/9/2014The staff was incredibly nice and accomodating. The Mac n Cheese was to die for so delicious! There as not much variety in food choice but perfect if your a Hawaiian foodie. And ask for a window seat; watching the waves crash against the rocks is just beautiful.Special Features:
- Restaurant with a viewshus12Dined on 8/8/2014The food was average, however the view of the ocean was spectacular. It's a nice friendly family restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Ocean View DinningBeveDined on 8/7/2014Our reservation was honored. We were originally seated at a table away from the window and the table next to us had a large loud party so we asked to have our table changed. We waited a little while and got a table next to the window which was much quieter. We had an out of town guest with us and she really enjoyed the ocean view. The food was wonderful as always. We all had the seafood salad which was wonderful and filled with delicious shrimp and crab. The bread was good as was the mud pie which was brought to our table for my husbands birthday. Yummy.Special Features:
- We had a window table amazing viewSc23Dined on 8/3/2014Fresh fish was delicious helpful waitress explained dishes Would recommend the shrimp and the crab wontonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StalhwartOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Dukes is the everyman's day out special. My waitress Natile was the best I have ever had. Am going back soon Walt nad Jillian BartelsSpecial Features:
- lucyDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious and served with a smile. Fun, noisy, busy restaurant. Great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE SERVICEReliableReviewDined on 8/2/2014We sat down at our table, no server for 20 minutes! A "miscommunication." I'd asked 3 servers to get a waiter. Waiter finally arrives, apologizes, comps a few apps, but kids already starving and cranky. After dinner, left restaurant, realized 10 seconds later we'd left stuffed animal there, drove back, ran in, checked our table (already cleaned), highchair where I'd left it was gone. I asked our waiter whether they found stuffed animal, said busboys hadn't seen it, couldn't help me and left. I asked another server, same answer, couldn't help me and left. No request for phone number if they found it, just "tough luck." I asked for manager, asked him to check high chair, he shows up with it, it was in the high chair. No apologies.
- delicious!HungryStephDined on 8/2/2014My husband shared a salad and a fish dish and both were amazing! Everything was incredibly flavorful, fresh, and had a unique mix of ingredients and spices that left me wanting more.Special Features:
- Go for the viewtraceyntVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is good but nothing special. The view is wonderful. Made my reservation several weeks in advance because we had a visitor from out of the country and wanted to eat on the water. Made this request in my reservation. Called an hour before our reservation to make sure that the view would not be a problem and I was told that they would see when I got there, and if not, they would tell me how long my wait would be. I explained that I put the request in my reservation and am calling in advance but they were very rude and said they couldn't guarantee it. When we arrived we had the seat we wanted but I don't understand the rudeness from the hostess. The only reason we ate at Dukes is because of the view. Never again!Special Features:
- OutstandingHappinessVIPDined on 8/2/2014Duke's not only never disappoints, it's always completely perfect, from the amazing food, service and ambiance. It's managed extremely well and it's my favorite spot for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014We came for a family dinner to celebrate Mom's birthday. We shared our food so we all could get a taste and waiters were very accommodating about this. We loved the steamed pork buns as an appetizer. View was lovely. Food was good and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.