21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dukesmalibu.com/
- Phone: 3103170777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Eric BosRau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Duke's Malibu
Duke's Malibu restaurant and Barefoot Bar sits perched on the water's edge just four miles north of Sunset Boulevard. Dressed up or down, you'll feel welcome at this ocean front restaurant. With over 300 feet of picture windows out to the Pacific, Duke's boasts one of the longest oceanfront sites on the west coast. You'll experience the spirit of Aloha here from the crashing waves, Hawaiian influenced cuisine and the genuine friendly service that is Duke's signature. You are invited to relax and take in the endless ocean views while enjoying the freshest seafood and premium steaks, each uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Duke's Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Duke's Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)special occasion (135)great for lunch (106)great for brunch (89)good for groups (83)romantic (81)kid-friendly (60)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (42)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (38)hot spot (29)late-night find (19)notable wine list (16)Show More
- So/soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The view was amazing! However, it was so hot in there. It was a comfortable feeling. I didn't understand why the resturant did not use AC? Secondly, the food was not too great for the price. We asked for medium cooked filet Minton and got rare, we had lobster and it was dry. I would not come back to this place nor recommend it to anyone else. Sorry, Christine RushingSpecial Features:
- Nice place , old surfing charmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We found this place driving through Malibu. For dinner, the menu has a little variety for everyone. Good steak..small in portion. Our server was friendly and Attentive. The only complaint was the temperature inside was warm and humid. Would go back on cooler evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great except for my husband's meal. He order the pork chop on special and he did not like the vegetables/side dishes that came with it. He loves all veggies but he could not eat this because he said it tasted so bad. He said the pork chop was ok. Overall, he said he wished he had ordered something else. The kids seemed to like their meals and my fish was very good, too. The Hula Pie was great, as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best anniversary dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We our wedding anniversary. We decided to start off with some drinks and an appetizer, we ordered the coconut shrimp, which came 4 pieces for $12.00. My husband ordered the Filet Minon, medium-rare, and I ordered the Prime Rib, medium. When our food finally came out, his filet was completely well done, while mine was still bleeding. I noticed all of the other tables were being offered a bread basket, and we kept waiting for our waiter to bring ours. Finally, I asked if they gave out bread and he said oh yeah, let me bring you some All in all, our bill was about $150.00 including drinks/tax/tip. I feel that for that amount of money, our dinner and anniversary dinner should have been unforgettable... but sadly it was a let down.Special Features:
- Great view, disappointing foodBooked2DineVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've had good meals here in the past. Perhaps we should have ordered something other than the fish and chips. I've had better at just about any other restaurant where I've ordered them. Don't go solely by this review. Just order something else. We had a window table and watched the high surf crash right over the rocks and nearly up to our window. Good views of diving pelicans and the occasional seal. No dolphins.Special Features:
- amazing spot and lovely foodvivdineDined on 9/8/2014Ok so it was a full moon and the view of the waves crashing into the rocks was fantastic. The drinks at the bar beforehand were at happy hour prices and then when we sat down the view was great. It was a Monday and fairly quiet so we managed to get a window seat. The food was lovely. We both had fish and our server from Virginia was friendly, professional and helpful. The overall bill was far less than I thought it would be.Special Features:
- Dinner and a Showluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014Dinner was excellent and the surf put on a tremendous show due to the influence of Hurricane Norbert. We had a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Had been here years ago and was bringing a Midwestern friend for ocean front dining. The sign was not lit up out from so we drove right past it. Got seated right away, but the place really seems run down and is need of a makeover. The foot was expensive and the portions were small and not very tasty. We had the calamari appetizer which was the smallest portion I have ever seen for calamari. My Ahi with the 7 spices was just not very tasty and the rice was bland. Overall, I was very disappointed given the location and price. Waited way too long for valet parking to get my car. In addition, the charge $5 for parking and you have no choice but valet.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!KathleenDined on 9/4/2014We went for my husbands birthday. First time. We were seated at a window seat in the dining room, as requested. I'd called to bump up our reservation time and the woman on the phone, Elaine?, was so warm, compassionate with a personal situation we had, it moved me. Then she recommended we get the Hula Pie for my husbands birthday desert. We did, and we finished the whole thing! The service was exceptional; thank you Brian!! The food and wine were incredible. Our experience was 5 star all across the board. We'd definitely recommend this place and return again! Thanks Dukes!Special Features:
- Go for the viewPothunterDined on 9/4/2014Duke's is a fun place to take out of town visitors. Waves crash just below the window and every once in a while, crash on the window. The food was average but the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fanFoodiefiendDined on 9/1/2014I love Dukes and have been going there for years, I always order a lava flow because it's my favorite drink on the menu unfortunately during this trip I basically received a watery piña colada doused in rum so that put a bit of a damper on the night but the food never dissapoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Great view good food. The service was good. Had to wait 15 min with a reservation, which was ok, for holiday weekend.Special Features:
- Relaxed decent dinnerParcitdeervalleyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dukes was what we wanted. Nice view of ocean, decent food, relaxed environment and good for kids. We will be back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beat the ViewDreamdustDined on 8/31/2014We took out of town guests to Duke's for Sunday Brunch. Fortunately, we had a reservation. Duke's is a popular beach restaurant and crowds up very quickly. I'd requested and received a window table - the view of the ocean is phenomenal. The surf crashed right up onto the rocks, and occasionally, almost to the window. The brunch buffet was fine. The food was good - nothing extraordinary but certainly priced well - $26.95. Service was friendly, but not too attentive. I think it's just too busy for servers to be more attentive. Overall, we had a good experience and will return, of course.
- Poor Service from HostessmikemcfiDined on 8/30/2014Due to traffic arrived right at my reservation time. I had requested a window seat. Waited about 10 minutes and was taken to a table in the back room, asked the person about the several window seats available and was told if we want one it would be another 20 minute wait. While ordering drinks and dinner the most of the tables by the windows were still empty. I asked the waiter if we could move and he said he would check. The answer was take you drinks and go to the bar and wait for one to open up?? The reason we go here is for the views, food is average, service from our waiter was excellent this time but has not been so in the past.Special Features:
- Great fish!BigDaddyDiggityDankDeeDined on 8/29/2014Though the restaurant is looking somewhat dated - you main purpose there is for the fresh fish which was a 10+. We all had the fresh Opah with a Parmesan Herb crust - it was incredible. Unfortunately for us - we made our reservations through Open Table and Duke's reported us a a "NO-SHOW" which other restaurants have done as well though we actually ate at these establishments. I am much too busy of a person to have to defend myself against NO-SHOW emails from Open Table! Make your reservation directly with the restaurant!!!Special Features:
- great place to see the big waves!kwarmingDined on 8/29/2014Wow! what a great place to watch the big waves hit southern California while having a delicious lunch!Special Features:
- Check out waves/wildlife!CynthiaDined on 8/28/2014Really great restaurant! Perfect spot for checking out waves, wildlife and real cool when helicopters or planes fly over! Food is good if you love Hawaiian restaurants, we love everything about Hawaii so for us it was a real treat! Service was great all over, really worth checking this place out.Special Features:
- Seating (Chairs)49thWADined on 8/28/2014Great place, we frequent all the TS Restaurants both here and in Hawaii. Dukes is our # 2 place with Leilani's an easy #1. Would like to see more variety in domestic/imported bottled beers, Budweiser isn't where it is at! Were seniors, loved the Calmari but would like to see the traditional Shrimp Cocktail return to Duke's Malibu. The dark side, the chairs are definetly on their way out and need replacement. Wife and I both had backaches after this most recent visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014food awful but may be worth it for the ocean view. even though on your site we ask for window, they didn't have one and then i asked to wait and we got one after 20 minutes or so.Special Features:
- Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our server was so patient with our large table of 8. They put us at a nice window table and were very accommodating to let some of us order off the lunch menu on a sunday afternoon. Our server was so good and right on top of the game. We felt like we were his only table.Special Features:
- Almost felt guiltyBenBuddyDined on 8/24/2014Dukes for Sunday brunch is fantastic. They have their parking together ($5 valet). They read your Open Table request (window table, gorgeous). The food is well prepared and the choices are extensive. Great breakfast or lunch choices. Top notch fresh fruit and veggies. Table service attention was very good. Full Bar not included in the brunch $$ price but hey, great drinks. On a Sunday, you get around ninety minutes and then they hint they need the table. Not rude. The bar gets full of people waiting. RESERVE WITH OPEN TABLE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed because I used to love DukesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We waited for 35 minutes after our reservation. Then we didn't get to sit by the window. They said there was a 20 to 40 minute wait for The window table, but then seated a party of four within minutes.
- It was terrific. A little noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Recommended by our daughter for our 38th anniversary. It was fabulous. Food was great, and our waiter could not have been better. The view of the ocean was wonderful. The only complaint was that it is a little bit noisy, but other than that we were very happy to have come to Dukes.Special Features:
- Lunch with out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I requested a window table and that is what I got. Service was EXCELLENT and food delicious! We had children with us and we had a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Dukes is so close to the Pacific...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014We had a terrific dinner and sat next to the ocean. The waves were pounding against the rocks while we dined. Awesome experience!
- Delicious SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The Hawaiian atmosphere and carefully prepared Food is delicious! Worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I hadn't brought guests.JASpan718Dined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely view @ a table by the window. Its really very loud, but it is what it is. Our server was friendly & professional. I think a 14 min wait for bread/butter is long, but she rectified it, & apologized. She was attentive. If someone was up from our table when she checked on us, she came back to check on them when they returned. Honestly, the only negative I'd have to say is the food. My son & I had the prime rib & the chefs special. Both left nothing to brag about. Just eh. The seasoning on both was nothing better than I could do on my own grill, but I've had better anywhere I've had steak. The top had grill marks, but the underside looked grey & steamed. Seafood entrees were ok. Brussels Sprouts were too charred to eat.
- BDAY DINNERDUKESDined on 8/20/2014GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND VIEW. loved the mud pie that came for my birthday. food was surprisingly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A localtruffleVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a great dinner at Duke's. The fish was cooked exactly as we requested. We have lunch at Duke's all the time and love the fish tacos and seafood chowder. We often enjoy our meal while watching the dolphins swim by. Josh was our severer for dinner and made our experience especially pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014THE FOOD WAS REALLY GOOD! OUR WAITRESS HAD A LOT TO BE DESIRED, BUT THE FOOD MADE UP FOR IT. ATMOSPHERE WAS REALLY NICE ALSO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the viewhulapieDined on 8/17/2014Dukes is a great casual dining restaurant and with a window seat, a view of the dolphins is almost guaranteed. The food is very tasty and presented in a decorative fashion, appealing to the eye. The hula pie is a must have for a sharing finish to your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014All of my special requests were fulfilled. Service was excellent, everyone was polite, food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014A little overrated. Food was good not great and it was as hot as hell in the restaurant. The A/C was off, why I don't know. The price was fair enough. justSpecial Features:
- Perfect for out of town guests!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great scenery, amazing food, fantastic wait staff who are knowledgable and engaging. The best part about Duke's is that they are always consistent. I can trust that my guests and I will have an amazing experience every time!Special Features:
- Always a good choiceLarry2Dined on 8/15/2014When you want the combination of a nice meal that won't kill the budget and the enjoyable view of the sun setting over the Pacific, it's hard to beat Duke's.Special Features:
- Fun for companyPalifoodsterDined on 8/15/2014Fun to take company to. Great view, fun history lesson (all the photos with and about Duke and the surf culture). I wish there was even more info about surf culture there tho. You kind of have to know a lot yourself. It is very very loud inside. The barefoot bar is fun with sand beneath your feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatJinWLAVIPDined on 8/12/2014Did not care for the menu... Very casual for the prices. Service was terrific - friendly employees.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereDessertolicDined on 8/11/2014We had a nice table with ocean view. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable, recommending his favorites. The Seafood Chowder was the best in Malibu and the huge piece of Hula Pie was enough for four. I was a bit disappointed with my spinach side salad as it was soggy and I told the waiter. The ambience is always relaxing and fun. We usually eat and drink in the Barefoot Bar during Happy Hour and always enjoyed it. We love Dukes and will continue to drive here from Calabasas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Duke'sdude1001Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful last dinner on honeymoon tour at Duke's - Delicious food, good service, buena vista!Special Features: