21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dukesmalibu.com/
- Phone: (310) 317-0777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Eric BosRau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Duke's Malibu
Duke's Malibu restaurant and Barefoot Bar sits perched on the water's edge just four miles north of Sunset Boulevard. Dressed up or down, you'll feel welcome at this ocean front restaurant. With over 300 feet of picture windows out to the Pacific, Duke's boasts one of the longest oceanfront sites on the west coast. You'll experience the spirit of Aloha here from the crashing waves, Hawaiian influenced cuisine and the genuine friendly service that is Duke's signature. You are invited to relax and take in the endless ocean views while enjoying the freshest seafood and premium steaks, each uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Duke's Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Duke's Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (220)special occasion (116)great for lunch (84)good for groups (82)romantic (76)great for brunch (71)kid-friendly (56)fit for foodies (49)vibrant bar scene (42)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (33)notable wine list (16)late-night find (16)Show More
- special family reunionVenturaDined on 11/18/2014Father, daughter and 3 sisters were together after 45 years! ( one in the party was a recognizable personality so staff put us in the corner and we had a wonderful time without interruption)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, busy restaurant, great brunchLottieBDined on 11/16/2014The view is amazing!! We had the brunch buffet on a busy Sunday. Our server, Adrian was very helpful and attentive. The buffet was laid out well with lots of choices and you can order eggs benedict or florentine made fresh to order. The food was just OK. I wasn't blown away. Most of the dishes that were supposed to be hot were barely lukewarm and it looked like some of them had been sitting there without being replenished for quite a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dropping the ball?OpenMouthVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have dined at Duke's more times that I can count. This last visit was a major departure in quality of food. This could have been a one-off night. The fish (I.e., "Hawaiian Snapper") was overcooked, almost mush instead of firm meat. The salads (Farm Salad) were way over dressed, soggy. Our server was eager to please and helpful with wine selections and not rushing the meal (we eat our salads slowly) so that was a plus. The place was quiet for a Saturday night - but at 7pm the sun has set and maybe that is to be expected. Not a good value - their prices have increased so one expects an increase in quality to maintain the same value (value = perceived quality/price).Special Features:
- Wonderful!gwgwVIPDined on 11/11/2014First time but not the last. Great food, great view, great service. Now I understand why the parking lot is always full.Special Features:
- great afternoonStanleyDined on 11/9/2014we had a very nice afternoon at dukes. the as always was good and the waiter was very attentive. All and all a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Parking woes (food was great)jennifereditDined on 11/9/2014It took at least five minutes for the valet to tell us where to leave the car. When leaving, we saw that the car had not been moved since we arrived and was boxed in by other cars. Everyone behind us received their cars and left. Our car was finally moved out of the mass but not brought to the valet stand. Instead, the valet jumped out, left the door open, and went to take care of....something else. We couldn't believe it; we started walking to the car across the lot and figured someone would get us our keys, which they did. We barely made it up the hill to Pepperdine on time for a concert. We've had this problem once before here; if you have somewhere to be, leave your table early enough for a parking snafu not to ruin your day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawaiian Style In MalibuMarkBVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very nice place to celebrate my birthday. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, though you can't really see it at night. Just like the other Duke's restaurants we've eaten at in Kauai & Maui. If you like those, you won't be disappointed. Because it was my birthday, they comped our dessert. Very nice. We did not take advantage of it this time, but I remember from previous visits that they have a cool happy hour in the Barefoot Bar with a great view of the ocean.Special Features:
- Memorable, warm & wonderfulJASpan718VIPDined on 11/8/2014Dad's 81st Birthday, he was ecstatic to be coming here again .... DUKE'S did NOT disappoint! From soup to nuts (OK we didn't have any nuts) everything was perfect. Not easy serving 9 people who can't always hear that well, don't pay attention as they should, and have questions galore, but Matthew pulled it off without a hitch. (sorry if we drove him nuts, but he didn't let on) Duke's management had to accommodate several issues regarding this party & they did so, beautifully. The food was SO good. I got my very set in stone relatives to order some not so common dishes and they loved everything. It's been 2 days & I haven't heard a complaint. In fact I heard someone say that they can't wait for dad's 82nd! Thank you very, very much!Special Features:
- Great SpotPirateSunnyDined on 11/6/2014I took a friend here for a birthday dinner and we had a WONDERFUL time. The view of the ocean was beautiful. I ordered the seared yellow fin (which was delicious!!) and my friend had the steak. Our server was very friendly and didn't rush us. I had mentioned it was my friend's birthday and the server brought us dessert (without any singing, which was PERFECT for this particular friend). I had a great experience here and I will definitely be back with other friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014It was our 10 year anniversary and we chose Duke's since we've never been and it looked great through photos. Our experience was very relaxing and very nice. After we were done eating our meal we were given a free iversion cream with hotfudge and whipped cream for dessert to share on our special day. They took very god care of us and we would totally go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kekepaniaDined on 11/2/2014This place is my go to spot for seafood. Great burgers, poke tacos, hula pie is delish. This place feels like home from Hawaii and the scene is gorgeous!Special Features:
- View is greattracyDined on 10/26/2014Booked the place for brunch to celebrate my friend's b-day, asked for a table by the window specifically but we were seated in the booth high up there. View is still good, but would be better if we can see it without having so many heads in the line of sight. Food was ok. The carving station was everybody's favorite, the prime rib was just so flavorful. Everything else was mediocre, but still good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views Everywheresteelers86Dined on 10/25/2014Wow! I have driven past Duke's numerous times and always wanted to stop. So glad I finally did. The restaurant is amazing. Service was the best. Reservations got us seated right away on a Saturday evening. The waitress was there to greet us within seconds. There is NO bad seat in the restaurant. Every table has a beautiful view of the ocean. It is very kid friendly, yet romantic. The food was delicious. I was very pleased with the experience, not to mention we were celebrating my mother's 71st birthday and they provided a very large piece of macadamia nut ice cream cake with hot fudge, that was to die for. Overall experience was simply wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice suprise.KirvenatorDined on 10/25/2014So often, restaurants with beautiful views do not pay attention to their service and food. We had a part of seven and were able to enjoy all three. We needed to reduce our party size at the last minute and the hostess was professional, cordial and efficient in getting a new table ready. The view was magnificent and the fool was delicious!Special Features:
- Date Night MustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Took my birthday lady here - great bloody mary and steak dinner by the sea.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Parents used to all bring me here when I was a child. Feels great to bring my 10 year old here for brunch and still have the same experience. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's is great!Ja4kuDined on 10/15/2014I go everytime I am in the LA area. It is one of my favorite dinner spots. The cool breeze from the ocean and great food and atmosphere make this a great place for a romantic dinner or to socalize with business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greats viewBarneybearDined on 10/15/2014Enjoyed overlooking the ocean whilst sun set. Good food and drink.Special Features:
- Lunch reservationBIGFELLOWDined on 10/15/2014Very good service from valet parking onward. Prompt attention. Good food and drinks.Special Features:
- Better View than FoodwilldriveforfoodDined on 10/13/2014The view was great. The food was average. The prices were very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ocean ViewMNRussDined on 10/12/2014We made a dinner reservation for 7:00 PM and requested a window table and were pleasantly surprised when they were able to accommodate our request. The food was excellent!!! From the appetizer (calamari) to our main courses (Ahi Tuna and Opah) the quality and flavor was superb. The Ahi was one of the best I have ever had. Overall Dukes was a great dining experience with a great view of the pacific ocean. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MValerie8VIPDined on 10/11/2014My experience wasn't what I expected when I made my reservation. If I was only going to judge based on appetizers and dessert, I would give it 4 stars. But, I gave them 2 because my entree was a major turnoff. The rice had no flavor and the parmesan & herb crust on my fish wasn't good. The bok choy asian slaw was ok. I definitely left hungry :( Positives: Steamed Pork Buns Malasadas for dessert Friendly Staff Ocean View Negatives: Very dated decor My entreeSpecial Features:
- Malibu DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The food at Duke's was delicious, the service was top shelf and the view of the Pacific as we dined, priceless!Special Features:
- Michael BayouthBaydogDined on 10/10/2014A magical experience! Every moment was perfect. The atmosphere, food, staff and drinks were par excellence! And they remembered it was a special graduation dinner and brought us an outstanding desert on the house! Thanks for making it very special guys!Special Features:
- Great birthday lunchMarilynVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our reservation was honored with a beautiful window table seating. Our waiter was helpful and attentive. Our lunches were good. Great place to celebrate a birthday with their Hilo ice-cream dessert..yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/9/2014Fabulous dining experience...from appetizers, to entrees, to desserts! Wait staff was knowledgeable and helpful; ocean was right outside the window; had valet parking.Special Features:
- Waited 45 minutes WITH reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2014Been to Duke many times, usually a pretty good place for lunch for out of town guests. Apparently making a reservation doesn't mean much though, so be warned. Upon arriving promptly at 7 PM we were told there would be a 10 minute wait for a window table (which had specifically been requested in our reservation.) 10 minutes is no problem, but it was more than 45 minutes before we were actually seated and the nice sunset was long gone as was our good feeling about Dukes. The place wasn't that crowded and we saw numerous people arrive after us being seated in window tables while we waited in the bar. Absolutely no attempt was made by the hostess to make amends for this or even acknowledge that this was a problem.
- Great views and good foodGingerdeaDined on 10/9/2014Great view of the ocean and above average food. I would come here again. Prices are a little above average, but definitely no worse than Paradise Cove and much better food than there. We would definitely come again if we are ever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAloha2dukesDined on 10/7/2014I've been going to dukes for 20 years and I love this place. Have had parties and small group settings and both have had amazing service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, good seafoodadventuregirlDined on 10/6/2014Dukes has a fun, casual atmosphere with unique dishes using fresh fish. The waves splash at the window while you eat, making it seem as if you are on a cruise ship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beauty by the seaJCole805Dined on 10/5/2014This place is amazing... Been here a couple times and every time the service is awesome and the food is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!sandy23Dined on 10/5/2014love this place, more each time i visit! i.love their buffet spread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panoramic view of the Pacific!onlythebestDined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch at Duke's is incomparable! Enjoy an incredible panoramic view of the Pacific while noshing on everything from the standard brunch fare of bagels and lox, fresh Belgian waffles, cut to order roast beef or ham as well as the most scrumptious scrambled eggs that melt in the mouth. The desserts are bite-sized so there is less guilt for indulging. There are also Hawaiian delicacies such as cabbage and Kalu pig.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 10/5/2014Hostess was terrific. Waitress and waiter very friendly, but not as attentive as in the past. Food choices at brunch o.k. with something for everyone. Lava Cake dessert was fantastic. Probably better for lunch or dinner. Brunch really crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againFoodluvDined on 10/5/2014I've been to this location before...but never for brunch. I now will never return because my experience left such a bad taste in my mouth. My husband and I were seated in a beautiful spot next to the window--great start. That's where it ended. I have been a server myself for 12 yrs, I get when someone is busy. There was no excuse for letting someone sit for 15 min (actual 15, not felt like 15) without drinks. I get that it is a buffet and people are up and down and you may not see them immediately. We waited 5 before going to the buffet, then 10 when we got back before anyone ever approached our table. Our server was with a big party but there is no excuse for this. The food was completely lackluster to top everything off. Denny's is betterSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceRaylandcdiningDined on 10/3/2014Duke's is always good food, and a nice atmosphere. Here we had excellent service and a great view of the ocean, with waves just outside our window. The Hula Pie is a family favorite.Special Features:
- Excellent service but bad foodVadimDined on 10/3/2014We had 3 grilled mahi mahi island style and all agreed how tasteless and dry that was. But service and Waiter was just awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaLouDined on 9/30/2014As always Duke's was great. Great place for a special occasion. Wish I remembered our waiters name. We all loved him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner by the waterCharlieDined on 9/29/2014Great view, great food and exceptional service. Prices were reasonable and the restaurant was quiet on a Monday night. Server went above and beyond to deliver an awesome birthday for my girlfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/29/2014Duke's has been our go to restaurant when visiting our son at Pepperdine but this time, on his 21st birthday, we were left very disappointed with the quality of the food. Nothing in particular was bad, but rather the presentation, taste and overall experience was bland. Not sure what has happened to their usually tasty menu items. On the other hand, we did enjoy the experience in the bar and appreciated the welcome of the bar staff for our son celebrating 21 years!Special Features: