Duke's - Gramercy Park
99 E. 19th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Duke's - Gramercy Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dukesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122602922
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Sunday - Wednesday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Michael Siry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Duke's - Gramercy Park
Dukes' menu features big-time sandwiches, salads and a great selection of burgers. Try the Bronco Burger with avocado & bacon or the homemade Daisy Duke Southern Veggie burger. Taste the barbecue - a full rack of ribs with macaroni & cheese or the brisket sandwich with crispy french fries. Top it off with our truly tempting homemade desserts and our famous Duke-A-Rita. We're open late for those late night munchies & serving a delicious weekend brunch for those lazy Sundays. Ask us about our catering too - we'll host the party or bring it to you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Duke's - Gramercy Park reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/4/2014A noisy, scruffy sports bar with decent grub, moderately priced. Nothing special.
- Good, but loudJCRedDined on 8/28/2014Had a good time on a Thursday night. Half priced Brisket and $5 Duke-a-ritas (margaritas). Food portion was great and drinks were tasty. Wait staff was up to bar and solid. Only complaint was that we were sat next to a large obnoxiously loud group. They were ridiculous. Must have been them $5 Duke-a-ritas. Either way, it wasn't my place to tell them to chill out and the wait staff probably felt the same way. Our server kept apologizing for the noise, which is appreciated. All in all, I liked it and would go back again. Hopefully the loud people won't be there next time.Special Features:
- Really a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/31/2014I took my three young adult kids there and we all had a great time. Beer was cold and the food was really good. Very recommendableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 129 reviews are from the Duke's - Gramercy Park reviews archive.
- Love this DukeShamoneVIPDined on 5/5/2014Wouldn't go to any other place to hang out. Great service every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, friendly service, good foodlulubelleVIPDined on 3/27/2014The food was good, the service was very friendly and energetic. A very nice way to pass an evening watching a game and having fun with friends/family etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terribly Loud and DistractingDespina11Dined on 3/7/2014The first thing I thought was, "Why did I even need a reservation???" Very casual situation, dive-like. Good food and service, but the atmosphere was awful. I'm sure the extremely loud NYU students were having a blast, but for the rest of us, it made for a very uneasy meal. Ironically, the front bar area was more tame than the actual dining room.Special Features:
- Accommodating StaffAspen08Dined on 1/11/2014We had a large group, and we asked for our table to be moved because of lack of space at the original table. The staff was very accommodating and made sure that we were given more space. Unfortunately, another group of diners was not being cooperative about moving their table down a few feet to make room for us. Our group loved the food and ambiance, and many of us decided that we want to come back during the week to watch the games and try other dishes on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's perfect for a quick nonSmpleitezDined on 12/31/2013It's perfect for a quick non expensive bite. Slightly better than bar food, but I mean that in a good way. Lots of choices to pick from and happy hour is before 7PM. Half off all cocktails and appetizers. Service was great and cocktails were strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's is our go-to sportsPeteLoves2EatDined on 12/15/2013Duke's is our go-to sports bar in Manhattan. The food is good, the service attentive and they are always accommodating to patrons who want to see their favorite team on one of the many TV screens. They have big tables for larger groups in one of the rooms. It's always a fun time at Duke's -- well, at least if your team is not getting beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for SportsAnnieHVIPDined on 12/7/2013The highlight of service was the effort that the manager went to to find our game. While she couldn't put the volume on, she definitely went out of her way to find it.
- Good vibesAussieDined on 11/28/2013We visited on thanksgiving for lunch and while the place was pretty empty, the wait staff were friendly and there was a good vibe to the place. Plenty of televisions to watch sport and good drink specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, but terrible servicesheenadeeVIPDined on 11/9/2013Although there were a number of empty tables around us, we had to flag down our waitress for EVERY single request. It's like she completely forgot we were there (and we were a party of 9 celebrating a birthday). She'd bring over a pitcher of beer, but no glasses. Food, but no utensils. She didn't clear plates when they'd been sitting there for over 15 minutes. After our appetizers were eaten, and empty plates sitting there for a while, we finally flagged her down to order and she said 'oh, you want food?'. What?! No, 9 of us were going to eat these three appetizers... Really? The restaurant also ran out of an entree which 4 of us had ordered, which we didn't find out for 5-10 minutes. Save your time and go to Big Daddy's instead.
- school visit from Liverpool UKukschool2013Dined on 10/18/2013we arrived with a group of 32 students and the staff at dukes were just great with us. the service was fantastic, friendly and professional. considering the size of the group the food came out together and on time. food quality was awesome and the portion sizes as always in the USA huge!!!! however the prices weren't inflated as often experienced in nyc. Atmosphere was vibrant and energetic and the staff completed the overall experience. we'll definitely make dukes a regular stop on our annual school trip to the big Apple. Thanks dukes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've dined often at Duke'sNicknameVIPDined on 10/16/2013I've dined often at Duke's - Gramercy Park. It's a scruffy, sometimes noisy sports bar, but I thought that its sandwiches were exceptional. Unfortunately, my past several visits didn't live up to my recollection. Nothing seems different, but to my taste the sandwiches have lost something I can't identify. At my most recent lunch, the manager was loudly upbraiding the staff for its laziness. Maybe the problem is that no one cares these days -- assuming anyone ever did.
- I go to Duke's for its sandwiches,NicknameVIPDined on 10/9/2013I go to Duke's for its sandwiches, which I enjoy. The raucous, scruffy sports pub atmosphere, however, doesn't enhance the experience.
- Great food & service!LatinaAceDined on 9/17/2013This was my first time at Duke's with a group of coworkers and from drinks to food to service, it was a great experience. We had the mac & cheese and guacamole for app's, then we picked on jambalaya, red snapper, burger and chicken as the main dishes. All were great and the drinks were even better! I had their version of a long island iced tea and ooh baby I totally felt it going down! They definitely don't skimp on their drinks! The atmosphere was fun with rounds of bingo (your table gets free shots if you win) and there were trivial pursuit cards at every table. All in all a great experience and I would highly recommend to all!Special Features:
- A noisy, scruffy sports barNicknameVIPDined on 9/17/2013A noisy, scruffy sports bar with surprisingly tasty sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceCarolmicVIPDined on 8/16/2013Went early evening this past Friday night. I had shrimp po-poy and it was very good. It was anice size portion and cooked just about perfect. My hubby had one of their hamburgers. His too was cooked just as he ordered and it was a very large portion. He had a beer and I had water. With a buy one get one coupon it was a very good deal. Would like to go back to try what appeared to be some very interesting drink specials. Lots to look at on the walls.Special Features:
- Surprisingly delicious sandwichesNicknameVIPDined on 6/12/2013Surprisingly delicious sandwiches in a scruffy sports bar. Service is friendly but very, very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good bbqemmaDined on 6/8/2013got the pulled pork and it was delicious. no complaints from anyone else at my table and we were a group of 11. good for drinking and enjoying good bbqSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGiantsBruncherDined on 5/25/2013I came here for brunch with 13 of my friends. We received great service (plenty of refills for the unlimited liquid brunch special) and our food was great. Our waitress Nofar was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2013food was not good, but you can watch all the games you want
- I met a friend after workNicoleVIPDined on 5/2/2013I met a friend after work for some drinks and a casual dinner. We were excited to learn that all appetizers were half price from 5-7 on weekdays, and ordered a few to share. We also each had a Duke-a-rite, which were on special on Thursday for $5 each. Everything was delicious and filling! A fun place to meet with friends!Special Features:
- We went with a group of 8HappyDined on 5/1/2013We went with a group of 8 for a work 'bonding' dinner. It was GREAT! All the food was wonderful, price performer for all AND the service was outstanding. The overhead fan and A/C was bothering us - and the staff took care of it RIGHT AWAY. And we got to watch all of the important GAMES going on at the moment... Highly recommend - but be ready for the noise level and (slight) frat boy scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2013The food was pretty good. I came to claim my complimentary birtday dinner which I was given by Dukes. I only wish it was not so EXTREMELY noisy. It was not even super crowded either. Much of the noise was due to the blasting sound system.Special Features:
- Duke's serves better foodNicknameVIPDined on 1/31/2013Duke's serves better food than you might expect from a loud, scruffy sports bar, which compensates for the painful volume and the general scruff -- but not by much.Special Features:
- Dukes is your typical neighborhoodJINXVIPDined on 1/20/2013Dukes is your typical neighborhood bar, A great place to meet and watch sports on TV. THe food is really good to. Great bar food. And the price is right.
- The go to place for greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012The go to place for great food and catching up with good friends.Special Features:
- While the quality and tasteMaknycVIPDined on 11/15/2012While the quality and taste of the food was to our liking, the portion sizes are getting dangerously smaller (with no change in price)Special Features:
- This is a sports bar withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2012This is a sports bar with delicious chicken sandwiches and burgers. It remains my favorite place to watch a football game while enjoying a buffalo chicken sandwich.Special Features:
- This is a sports bar withNYCFoodreviewDined on 10/14/2012This is a sports bar with about 12 TV's blasting different games. The noise level was insane. HUGE menu with many very tasty brunch items but won't return due to the noise.
- A loud sports bar with decentNicknameVIPDined on 9/19/2012A loud sports bar with decent food, no more, no less.Special Features:
- wings good,chicken poboy andjbigdaddyDined on 8/11/2012wings good,chicken poboy and burger ok Ashley great serverSpecial Features:
- Don't get the chicken friedjpncDined on 7/13/2012Don't get the chicken fried steak! Too tough to even bite through. However, I absolutely like the chicken sliders- they're fantastic. Our waitress basically forgot we were alive. It was pretty crowded. I'd rather just order in from here.
- Decent brunch at a decentFrequenttravelingdinerVIPDined on 7/1/2012Decent brunch at a decent price! The manager is proactive in service. Good liquid brunch option! Avoid the restaurant during popular games.Special Features:
- Used to dine at Duke's often.NicknameVIPDined on 6/21/2012Used to dine at Duke's often. Am going less and less. The food is pretty good for a scruffy sports bar, but the service is increasingly negligent. Waited a long time to be seated before anyone even acknowledged my presence. Then my server took forever to bother taking my order. When my food didn't come and didn't come and didn't come, I tried to attract the server's attention to get a check (for a drink) and to leave without eating. The server never looked at me. I finally stood up next to the table to attract some attention. When someone finally noticed me standing, my food was delivered. And all the while, the room was less than one-quarter full. I won't return in a hurry.
- Happy Hour is OverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012We came as a group as usual, for at least the forth or more times. We have always enjoyed ourselves with a great time. As usual, we only order drinks at happy hour and ½ price appetizers only, which the bill was never too costly. Therefore that’s the only reason why we go to Dukes. We are not cheap people, but our bill was three times what we usually pay – we even ordered less than usual. The high bill scratch out our joy unexpectently – as mentioned we only go for the ½ price appetizers, now full cost. It was my birthday and I was very disappointed at the end of the evening seeing the over sized bill. We as a group are probubly done with Dukes.
- The portions were very bigTeamshrekDined on 6/1/2012The portions were very big and luv the mason jar drinks.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012The food was excellent and the table service was top of the line. The waitress was very polite,professional and helpful. She came and check the table often and suggested a great meal and really made me and my date feel comfortable and at home as if we were in a place that we had been dining frequently or an a regular. I love Duke's from the very first time I ever entered the door in 2004.Special Features:
- Loud place, but good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/28/2012Loud place, but good food. Has improved since a few years ago. Free wifi.Special Features: