Duke's Beach House Maui
130 Kai Malina Parkway
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Beach House Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dukesmaui.com/
- Phone: (808) 662-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:45pm - 9:30pm;
Happy Hour: Everyday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Greg Gifford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Duke's Beach House offers a spectacular oceanfront setting for your celebration. Treat your guests to amazing views of the Pacific and the islands of Molokai and Lanai from the sparkling shores of Kaanapali North Beach. A variety of menus are available all featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients, sustainable seafood and premium steaks served along with the genuine friendly service that is a signature of Duke's. Consider our dramatic oceanfront restaurant for your next special event. Large Parties and Banquet reservations may be arranged for parties of 30 or more.
- Private Party Contact: KC Hendrickson, firstname.lastname@example.org 8086622900x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Entertainment: 3:00pm – 5:00pm; Dinner Entertainment: 6:00pm – 8:30pm. Henry Kapono will perform on Friday, June 6, 2014, Friday, July 4, 2014 and Friday, August 8, 2014 from 5-7pm. Visit us at dukesmaui.com for complete entertainment schedule.
A word from Duke's Beach House Maui
Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Duke's Beach House Maui - Best Restaurants in Kaanapali ›
Duke's Beach House Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (130)scenic view (129)romantic (72)special occasion (69)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (42)kid-friendly (37)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (30)hot spot (25)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)Show More
- Pricey, not outstandingGatellVIPDined on 11/23/2014In a beautiful setting, with attentive and cheerful service, Duke's in Lahaina has the potential to be much better. The food was disappointing, prepared in advance and reheated (or so it seemed), the "fresh fish" was overdone and the taste was just OK. Drinks were satisfactory overall: excellent daiquiri, fair vodka cranberry lemonade.Special Features:
- Dukes is greatPeteyDined on 11/21/2014Dukes as always is great, fresh seafood cooked perfectly, a bit pricey but well worth it. Have been to dukes several times and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't like kids775localDined on 11/20/2014I don't recommend going here if you have children. The food and ambiance are really nice, but the staff is lazy.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, otherwise poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Construction going on during dinner hous...really? Mai Tai was flavorless with little alcohol. My "fresh". Banana leaf steamed fish was flavorless, gray and tough for fish. What a bust. I would have asked for the manager but if you don't know not to have banging and sawing associated with construction during dinner hous....what's the point. What a bust. My suggestion, walk by look at the beautiful setting and then keep walking.Special Features:
- Duke's is our "go-to" restaurantMauiIibbyVIPDined on 11/16/2014Whether it's a special occasion or we are showing off our home to visitors or we just deserve a night out...we always go to Duke's and are never disappointed. ( although we were sorry that you stopped having the early bird tasting menu...it was a wonderful option for us and we miss it!!) Our server this particular night was Karen, and she was the best. Efficient, pleasant, helpful and a great sense of humor. It was a birthday for us, so she made sure we had a Hula Pie!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your walking shoes!RainZone151Dined on 11/15/2014This Dukes is located on a resort and does not have parking (or drop-off) up close. There is plenty of self-parking but give yourself 5 to 10 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the restaurant. Ocean views were terrific...we definitely enjoyed the sunset. With our earlier sunset dining there were plenty of families dining together and the overall noise level of the restaurant was kid friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good visitWarner4Dined on 11/15/2014It was a good meal, good scenery, good service. Very over priced, not likely to return except on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good - excellent service.BrynnDined on 11/11/2014Our server, Grayson, was excellent. Personable and always seemed to arrive at the right moment. Food was good - we especially loved the calamari appetizer, best hula pie on the island, and the creme brûlée pots were creamy with the right amount of burnt sugar. Fish obviously fresh with good presentation - just slightly overcooked. The seafood risotto was a bit of a miss for me (too much garlic) - but not enough to dissuade us from coming again. Overall, a fine experience. Some of the most attentive waitstaff during our ten days on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Great location, good food and service. Enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time AroundWildBillKDined on 11/8/2014I have been a long-time customer of Duke's in Kauai so while in Maui I decided to try Duke's in Maui in 2012. I only rated my dinner a 5 of 10. I decided to give them a second chance in 2014 and had a 10 meal and service. I felt like a special guest when requesting a change in location of our table. We had the encrusted Opa and it was excellent, exceeded expectation. Vegetables were crisp and tasty. My wife loved the onion soup. Keg provided Simi Cabernet was a disappointment. I can now recommend Duke's in Maui just like Duke's in Kauai.Special Features:
- Wonderful Beach DiningPBeagleVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great fresh fish and creative preparations. Romantic beach location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauisunsetDined on 11/7/2014Duke's has become a site we visit every trip to Maui. The service by Andrew was very good. We were celebrating with relatives from Norway who had never been there before. The table was perfect and we were able to enjoy a special sunset dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and PredictableEnjoyEatingDined on 10/31/2014We have been to most of the Duke's on the Islands and we can depend on getting a good meal at a good price. The food servers were friendly and kept us informed about when the meal would be served. This was our first time at this location and was pleased with the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was here.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/26/2014Another restaurant that forgot to check us in. This place is tasty, clean, and fun for couples. My husband had a steak and it was cooked to perfection. I had the baked mahi mahi and it was a feast of deliciousness. Even their rice on the plate was wonderful. If you are in the area and want a fine, (expensive as well) meal...this is the place. It is well worth the cost.Special Features:
- Maui GemDickDined on 10/26/2014Duke's Maui is a great neighborhood gem - short walk from Westin Ocean Resort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grayson!!BlackPriusDined on 10/20/2014Grayson made the whole experience fantastic. This is a superb restaurant in a fabulous location.. right on the beach. We reserved about 24 hours in advance and our reservation was very punctual.. to the minute even. Grayson was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the food, our selection and our experience.Special Features:
- Duke's - Continues to Excel!WHITLEYADined on 10/19/2014Duke's - Continues to Excel! Great atmosphere, great service and superb food - the Maui location met our expectations in every respect and remains our favorite spot to eat "any meal" on Maui.Special Features:
- Tropical Storm AnaMartinVIPDined on 10/17/2014Dukes is right off the beach in Maui. Great food, good service and overall it met everyone's needs for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- MakakiloVIPDined on 10/16/2014Good food, great view, but Duke's gets very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerMauiTripDined on 10/15/2014We have had lunch at dukes before but never dinner. Didn't realize dinner was more of a fancy menu. We were very impressed with the food. The seared ahi was cooked perfectly and the macnut crusted seasonal fish has perfect flavor. I would recommend both dishes. The hula pie for dessert is a must. The restaurant has a nice patio and good views of the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved the best for lastdinealotDined on 10/14/2014It was our last night on Maui and wanted to have a special dinner. We have eaten in many restaurants on Maui but hadn't tried Duke's, although we'd been to the one in Honolulu. First, our table was ready when we arrived and we were shown to a table at the edge of the dining area overlooking the grounds. The food was delicious - best we had in our 2-week stay. Our waitress was very nice and brought out everything in a timely manner. All in all, a really great evening of dining on Maui! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceConnappDined on 10/14/2014Knowledgeable waiter, good support staff, awesome view and food.Special Features:
- Dukes is a favorite every Maui tripOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Did not get our request to sit out on patio (they did offer the two of us a table for six which we declined). Had a great table, but did have about six little kids running around behind us. Greyson our waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 10/10/2014Drinks served to us after 2/3 of our salad eaten. It seems they want a fast turnover. Very disappointed. Dinner there immediately after salad. No pineapples served with the Mai Tai, just a flower.
- CClanDined on 10/7/2014Food was decent, the menu seemed limited. Pretty much as expected for a hotel restaraunt. Local food/restaraunts in Lahina are your best bet.Special Features:
- Derrick at Dukes was Great!!!CherieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Derrick really did a wonderful job taking care of us!!! He was great! MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine at Dukes!DiningDiverDined on 9/30/2014The food ... was fresh, delicious and artful plated. Our party of four shared several appetizers including the poke, coconut shrimp and the lobster coconut milk soup (which I felt was too salty, but the rest our party didn't think so). Each couple shared an entrée; each delicious fish dinners. The server was super knowledgable and professional and friendly.Special Features:
- the rain didn't ruin the funRitasfamDined on 9/30/2014with our group of 8 we were seated right away under cover. great view of sunset and out of the rain. after changing wine selection 3 time- because of no stock- we got a good one & appetizers. everything was fabulous. AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal with a good view of beachCCFoodLoversDined on 9/29/2014Had a good time at Duke's in Kaanapali Beach. Lots of memorabilia of Duke's life and other beach motif. This restaurant is above average-to-good, but is not a spectacular high-level place. Our service was good and the location was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimFLDined on 9/26/2014Staying at the Honua Kai on our honeymoon this was a convenient and lovely place to have food and drinks. We had drinks and appetizers here for Aloha hour which were average. We returned for dinner reservations the next day and were really impressed by the high quality of the food. Everything was delicious and far exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-poor serviceJFedDined on 9/26/2014Food was great. Table service was unacceptable. We were there to celebrate our wedding. One person in our party of 4 had to wait until after our meal was served to get her drink. We ate there before this event and had no problem. The issue must have been isolated to our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okDash08Dined on 9/26/2014While the ambiance was lovely with the live music, the food was just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I had the best evening and dinner here and our favorite restaurant of the week! We had wonderful service, the ambience with a view of the ocean with open windows and ocean breezes, you can't beat. I had the Mango BBQ ribs and they were outstanding. My husband had the seafood risotto and one of the best risotto dishes he has had. We had the trio of creme brulle for dessert. WE like the vanilla tahitian flavor the best. So reasonably priced compared to other high end Kapalua restaurants!! We can't wait to go back several times next year!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Exceptional meal, great view, great service . My wife's birthday and all was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding every time!RobcatVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent, service was outstanding. Grayson took great care of us. A must try in any vacation to Kaanapali Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeGerabooVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again, Duke's hit it out of the park! Had a special family celebration and everyone, from the 2 year old to the adults, enjoyed the food, ambiance, and service. Consideration was given to the kids, including a special sparkling drink in a flute for the champagne toast, and the celebratory dessert capped off a delicious dinner of succulent fish (we couldn't pick a favorite between the mac encrusted, the banana leaf steamed, the Duke's favorite, and the special fish pairing). Even the pickiest eater of the group devoured the calamari! Frank, our waiter, was outstanding and all the staff made us feel welcome and valued. Highly recommend to anyone in the area!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnercphs68champsDined on 9/16/2014Great atmosphere, fantastic service (Craig), and a wonderful New York Steak. What a special place for our 43 year wedding anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- Beautiful ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Beautiful ocean view, great service, great food. Celebrating a birthday and the service was great, and the fresh fish was wonderful, and a very delicious macadamia ice cream cake (huge slice- easily feeds four).Special Features:
- Loved Dukes!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had the special treat of dining here several times as we stayed right on the property! We would highly recommend Dukes, for breakfast or dinner! We also enjoyed their sister property in Lahaina, Kimo's!Special Features:
- DianeL14Dined on 9/12/2014Staff is exceptional. Both of my parents are in wheelchairs and the staff was always so helpful in getting them to a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.