Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen
110 North Main Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedukeabides.com/
- Phone: 8153569980
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Zak Dolezal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Duke's will be happy to cater your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen's local cuisine and affordable price tags combine to make your next private event a success. We have an eclectic menu of hors d' oeuvres, entrees, and desserts that can be mixed and matched to fit parties of all types and sizes. Our two banquet spaces and private bar can accommodate parties up to 125 guests. Private plated three and five course dinners are also available up to 50 people. All of our rooms contain HD capable flatscreen TVs and DVD players for your event if needed. Please e-mail Eli Weber at email@example.com to book your event today.
- Private Party Contact: Eli Weber 8153569980
- Entertainment: Duke's offers entertainment four nights a week. On Thursdays we have live jazz from 6pm-8pm. On Fridays we feature karaoke. Saturdays we have live music from bluegrass to rock. Sundays we have a unique game show experience that cannot be missed.
A word from Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen is an upscale-casual gastro pub featuring gourmet sandwiches and comfort foods using local and sustainable produce, meats, fish, and cheeses. Our bar has over 140 different American craft beers and Belgian ales to choose from. Duke's also features live entertainment Thursday through Sunday ranging from Karaoke, Live Bands, and a unique style Game Show every Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Crystal Lake ›
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good casual diningwesimmoDined on 10/6/2014Good neighborhood bar and dining. Casual atmosphere. Good place to meet with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDivaEat12Dined on 9/28/2014Duke's Alehouse always has great and very different types of food which taste great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMichaelDined on 9/18/2014Awesome food service was ok. Was a little noisy sitting next to live bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Burger!ansrgalDined on 8/31/2014I had the best burger of my life at Duke's Alehouse. Went there with my 84 year old Mom for dinner. The tempura green bean appetizer is to die for. Perfect flavor and texture! I had the burger with sautéed mushrooms and it was cooked (med rare) and seasoned perfectly and was delicious! My hubby requested his burger well done (he does not know what's good) and his was cooked thru without being dry. My mom had the chicken sandwich which she said was excellent. My only complaint was with the service. We had barely started to eat the appetizer when our dinners arrived and when we couldn't get anyone's attention, I swiped the ketchup from a vacated table. It's also noisy so don't visit if you want deep conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food as usualcheersDined on 8/31/2014Food and beer selections were great as usual. I stuck to the specials and ordered a cumin pork kebab with so a noodles. It was delicious. For dessert I went adventurous with the pineapple jalapeño and bacon crumble. I now believe that bacon has been missing from standard crumble recipes all along. Don't miss out on the deep and rare beer choices here. I always find something unique on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Tavern Craft Beer Cityasdf1234VIPDined on 8/11/2014Food is extraordinary as it is mostly local grown or bred. Presentation is always good. Would be surprised if there was a bad thing on the menue. The place is more a bar with semi separate dining area but they specialize in hundreds of craft beers. they were doing craft beers yeras before the rest of the world figured it out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014It was a pleasure since it was a three hour dinner by choice and no one hurried us as we enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Went for a date night and ate the most amazingly fresh food! Enjoyed the service & great wine & beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!Piper815Dined on 6/26/2014Duke's Alehouse is one of my favorite places in McHenry county to eat. Consistently great food and love that they have rotating specials that pull from what is available locally. I do wish they offered cooking classes (outside of the kids one) as I think that would appeal to many.Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen reviews archive.
- GREAT FINDPB48Dined on 6/24/2014In this day of more and more pesticides used in our food supply, this was a great local find. A restaurant that uses locally grown food to support our farmers as well as beef that is grass-fed. Not only that, the option for gluten-free foods is becoming a necessity for so many and of course, Dukes offers that as well.Special Features:
- Excellent menuBirthdayGurlDined on 6/15/2014Enjoy going here more each time we go. So appreciate the organic, locally grown products. Food is fresh & tastes delightful! If you haven't been here in a few years, you'll be pleasantly surprised as the "urban cafe" feel to the place now. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great burgers2havefunVIPDined on 5/18/2014The burgers and mussels were great. Limited dinner type entrees. If you go on Sunday note that kids under 12 eat free, so it was very noisy,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced food and craft beerPickyEaterDined on 4/22/2014Better than expected find, slightly off the beaten track. Well designed takes on familiar kinds of upscale bar food. Good service. Nice vibe overall. And a community garden project.Special Features:
- Locally sourced ingridents!TerriLynnDined on 4/10/2014I love this place! Amazing flavors and constantly changing specials. This place gets it right.Special Features:
- Great placePinkGDined on 3/24/2014Mondays is 1/2 price on meatless meals- Why wasn't I given points for this restaurant?Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/4/2014NOT your typical bar! Food is great, made from fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Huge specialty beer selection.Special Features:
- awesomeashleyDined on 3/3/2014Just plain awesome. Everything from where we were seated to every thing that touched our mouths...good beer, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Dukes is a delicious, fun restaurant. So Many Beers to choose, and great food to go along with. Service is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2014Always fantastic food and service, incredible beer menu. The band was mixed too loud for the room and we had to leave to hear each other. Always a good choice though! VSpecial Features:
- always has great food andbluesdudeDined on 1/16/2014always has great food and outstanding beer selection. the entertainment was great. fantastic jazz duo on Thursday nights. will recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:
- a great local gemAndyCGVIPDined on 12/28/2013Excellent food and beer selection! Exceptional little bar with high quality food! I recommend the burgers but the salads are exceptional also.Special Features:
- Lots of good local foodPattiDined on 12/26/2013Great beer choices with knowledgable bar staff. Great choices for meat eaters as well as vegetarians. Great potato choices, all yummy! We really liked the board that tells where cheese, meats, etc. come from! Very enjoyable meals enjoyed by all 6 in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner and serviceSuzanneVPDined on 12/23/2013This was our 2nd dinner at this Crystal Lake gem and just as delicious as the first time. The pasta dish with chicken and spicy sausage is large enough for 2 to share. The skirt steak sandwich ( meat cooked to order) was equally delicious. Excellent beer and wine list AND this restaurant prides itself on utilizing local produce and other products from organic sources.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good and great beer listtsnarskiDined on 12/1/2013We love Duke's. The food is great! They use fresh local produce. The specials always have something unique to try. They have a great craft beer list. 17 rotating taps and a great bottle selection, too. what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very very good.mmrtnDined on 11/29/2013The food was very very good. The service was prompt and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local gastropubcheersDined on 11/27/2013Duke's is a fantastic local gastropub with a fantastic selection of beers with plenty of fresh, local food to pair with it. I ordered the one-time brew Stone Farking w00tstout which was on tap along with the pulled pork sandwich. Both were delicious. My wife enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner turkey burger special, who claimed it was more enjoyable than any proper Thanksgiving meal she's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my dining experience.RobertaDined on 10/17/2013Enjoyed my dining experience. Food was well presented and tasty. Extensive Beer list available to choose from although they did not have Pepe Nero!... Overall a very good experience. I plan to go back for Friday night karoeke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite barjuvodi2Dined on 9/19/2013Dukes is a great place to get great food, great beer and great service. Would suggest it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New spin on bar foodMoogleeDined on 9/12/2013Duke's has improved greatly over the years. Now with their emphasis on imaginative dishes, many of them vegetarian, and a substantial beer catalog, it's a favorite place for me to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- organic experienceKimberDined on 9/1/2013Duke's is great for the tastebuds. The beet salad was wonderful. Love that they. Accomodate customers needing gluten free. Especialy enjoyed the bison burger. My boyfriend and I were to split tge carrot cake however once he finished his half he was fighting to have more of mine. It was delicious! We will be going bsck to have more.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's is Always a Winner!JesseDined on 8/21/2013Love this place and never fails to disappoint!!! The food is fresh and tasty. Very vegetarian-friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger, Cuban and fries.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2013Great burger, Cuban and fries. Friendly service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's is known for its excellentChantalDined on 8/13/2013Duke's is known for its excellent selection of beers and their specialty drinks. The food is excellent; they have unique, delicious offerings. They get kudos for their eco-friendly practices. They buy foods from local farmers and they recycle like no one else. I recommend their special events, especially beer school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteClover28Dined on 7/10/2013I've loved this place for a long time especially due to their participation with local growers and producers. Everything is fresh, inventive, and varied enough for everyone to find something unexpectedly delicious. Personally I love the "spaghetti" salad with grilled chicken and won't even try to duplicate it at home. I've never dined there without walking away happy and with satisfied dinner companions. Can get busy on the weekends or in the later dinner hours but that's where reservations can come in handy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good local spotstlkemVIPDined on 7/4/2013We really enjoyed our dining experience here. It is a fairly small place so busy nights might be an issue. Also, if you are trying to eat healthy, this may not be the best place for you. We'll definitely visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-time tavern feelMiataDined on 7/3/2013Great old-time tavern atmosphere, very good food and extensive beer list. Highly recommend for casual dining .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuJamesDined on 6/16/2013I had the grilled veggie pita with the jalapeno hummus on it. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2013The food was all really delicious and the beer menu is great too. I love that I can eat healthy while out for dinner at Duke's plus the food is sourced locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with special eventPaulaDined on 6/11/2013Dukes is one of our favorite local restaurants but we were extremely disappointed with our last visit. Dukes offered a special event-Beer, Chacuterie and Cheese Plate for $17.00. Food was good, beer flight was weak and service was poor. The event was a great idea but it was poorly executed. We've never had a bad experience there until now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip and delicious!MoogleeDined on 6/10/2013Duke's Alehouse has changed names a few times over the years, but I really like this latest incarnation. They use lots of locally-sourced produce and meat in their cooking, so they have specials that change all the time. Many of their options are vegetarian as well, which is a nice change. My wife and I had the Monday special, which was a discount if you order 2 beverages and all vegetarian entrees. Duke's beer offerings are impressive- they must have 150+ beers there, and many draught beers from around the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.