Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen
110 North Main Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedukeabides.com/
- Phone: (815) 356-9980
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Zak Dolezal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Duke's will be happy to cater your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen's local cuisine and affordable price tags combine to make your next private event a success. We have an eclectic menu of hors d' oeuvres, entrees, and desserts that can be mixed and matched to fit parties of all types and sizes. Our two banquet spaces and private bar can accommodate parties up to 125 guests. Private plated three and five course dinners are also available up to 50 people. All of our rooms contain HD capable flatscreen TVs and DVD players for your event if needed. Please e-mail Eli Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your event today.
- Private Party Contact: Eli Weber 8153569980
- Entertainment: Duke's offers entertainment four nights a week. On Thursdays we have live jazz from 6pm-8pm. On Fridays we feature karaoke. Saturdays we have live music from bluegrass to rock. Sundays we have a unique game show experience that cannot be missed.
A word from Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen is an upscale-casual gastro pub featuring gourmet sandwiches and comfort foods using local and sustainable produce, meats, fish, and cheeses. Our bar has over 140 different American craft beers and Belgian ales to choose from. Duke's also features live entertainment Thursday through Sunday ranging from Karaoke, Live Bands, and a unique style Game Show every Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Disappointed with special eventPaulaDined on 6/11/2013Dukes is one of our favorite local restaurants but we were extremely disappointed with our last visit. Dukes offered a special event-Beer, Chacuterie and Cheese Plate for $17.00. Food was good, beer flight was weak and service was poor. The event was a great idea but it was poorly executed. We've never had a bad experience there until now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip and delicious!MoogleeDined on 6/10/2013Duke's Alehouse has changed names a few times over the years, but I really like this latest incarnation. They use lots of locally-sourced produce and meat in their cooking, so they have specials that change all the time. Many of their options are vegetarian as well, which is a nice change. My wife and I had the Monday special, which was a discount if you order 2 beverages and all vegetarian entrees. Duke's beer offerings are impressive- they must have 150+ beers there, and many draught beers from around the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work Friends OutingVicRNDined on 5/20/2013A group of us was looking for a spot to get together in Crystal Lake after work. Heard good things about the place so we decided to give it a try. The food selection was good for this type of outing. Everyone enjoyed their orders. Service was fairly prompt. The outdoor patio was relatively quiet. Indoor dining isn't really separated too well from the bar so those diners had to deal with the enthusiastic bar patrons. All in all good atmosphere, clean facilities, good food & drink selections located in historic downtown Crystal Lake. It's also right across from the metra so commuters have a nice place to stop for happy hour after a long day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dukes has a respectful casualRavenVIPDined on 5/13/2013Dukes has a respectful casual atmosphere. The waitstaff is always friendly, helpful and appropriately attentive. The food has always been excellent with locally grown products. Known for its burgers and, surprisingly, muscles, the rest of the menu is equally as good. The beer selection is outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome beer menu, great appsOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/12/2013The beer menu is massive, and the appetizers were really, really good. Tomatillo salsa was better than Frontera Grill Most of our table got tacos, which were disappointingly dry, and the tortillas basically fell apart when we tried to eat them. (tacos are a temporary menu highlight, so perhaps that's why?) The one burger ordered was reportedly good, so stick to the tried-and-true bar menu items. Still, worth a second try if we are in Crystal Lake again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Everything on the menu is locally grown/purchased. The presentation is excellent and everything we ordered was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food,DoubleXXBrewDined on 5/9/2013Great service, great food, great beer selection. One of my favorite places to go.Special Features:
- Great foodBirthdayGurlDined on 4/29/2013Good menu. Gluten free & vegetarian options available. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent beer list makesrogerhDined on 4/7/2013Excellent beer list makes Duke's worth a visit. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the food was poor. The salmon entree was overcooked as was the spinach bed and the roasted potatoes, all of which were greasy. The chicken pasta was more pasta than chicken and unimpressive. Will go again for beer but probably not eat there.Special Features:
- We love Duke's and their greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2013We love Duke's and their great selection of beers. Food was mostly good and interesring. My turkey spinach panini was a bit salt as were my son's fries. Overall great though.Special Features:
- Very Comfortable atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013Very Comfortable atmosphere, lots of conversations going on and everyone seemed happy including the busy wait staff. Food is healthy, tastey and well presented. I love that most of it was locally produced, even in the winter. Lots of local meat.Special Features:
- Excellent beer selection.pppatpc2VIPDined on 2/27/2013Excellent beer selection. Very friendly staff and management.Special Features:
- Don't overlook Duke'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Pleasantly surprised by the healthful menu. The bison burger was excellent. Could have a better offering of vegetable sides order with the meal. The service and atmosphere were great.Special Features:
- The veggie burger is a "mustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The veggie burger is a "must try" item whether or not you are a vegetarian. Yummo!Special Features:
- The menue offerings are verydivmasterVIPDined on 12/6/2012The menue offerings are very goog based in different taste of your level of comfort food the pastas are worth trying and all the ingredients are very freshSpecial Features:
- Enjoy eating here, noise fineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Enjoy eating here, noise fine for a bar but would be good if they could lower the noise in the seating area.
- Beer list was very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Beer list was very impressive - food looked great but we only had dessert. We were there on karaoke night, which was a blast. First floor is pretty loud, especially near the hostess area leading to the bar.Special Features:
- Manager was very friendlyDrLauraDined on 11/4/2012Manager was very friendly and helpful. Server was stretched thin and not easily available. But she was friendly and got our order right. Drinks did need more refills then what was provided. Food seemed to take longer than usual,but came out warm and delicious!Special Features:
- What first drew me to Duke'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012What first drew me to Duke's was the combination of casual dining and truly unusual food selections. Even the fries have a number of varities. I'm not a beer drinker, but for those who are, the list is massive. The service was upbeat and never lagged. The first time we tried to eat there at 6:30pm on a Friday night, we were unable to get in. Since then we've gone in around 5 with no problem. Lots of families here and the bar is separate from the dining area. Many vegetarain dishes (and many not), plus they buy local and compost.Special Features:
- This is the second time forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012This is the second time for us at Duke's. Food was good, great beers but server was not very good this time. Hope it's better next time.Special Features:
- Looks like the Tilapia isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Looks like the Tilapia is going to be regular offering. It was great. It may be a little nutty to comment on the beets that come with the fish in a fresh veg mix, but those were some CRAZY good beats!Special Features:
- Great local food with vegan choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Dukes always shows us a good time. They have an impressive beer list and local food selections. The noise was noticeably louder the night we ate there, around 9pm, and then karaoke soon to follow. We recommend this restaurant all the time, although for a quiet evening we would recommend some place else. We love the local food movement and the vegetarian and vegan choices, bravo Dukes!!Special Features:
- My wife and I were celebratingepicureDined on 9/29/2012My wife and I were celebrating our first date. We picked Duke's because it reminded us of the restaurant we were in so many years ago. I had flowers sent ahead of time and called the hostess to let her know. She was great on the phone, super friendly when we arrived and she had the flowers on the table. My wife was delighted. Our waitress was inattentive, grumpy and borderline rude. However the chef more than made up for her. We were going to order hamburgers,(that is what we order on our first date) but we decided to try the special which was sea scallops. They were perfectly prepared and delicious. We complimented chef and he appeared to genuinely appreciate our comments. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- The food was fresh and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The food was fresh and delicious. The performer was outstanding!Special Features:
- Duke's never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Duke's never disappoints. The food and service is always impeccable, and the beer menu cannot be beat!Special Features:
- There is always somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012There is always something really special among the specials!Special Features:
- First of all, getting intoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012First of all, getting into the restaurant was a bit tricky,& access from the street to the entrance was difficult. We were initially seated at a table nearest the bar, it was very noisey & had all traffic passing by our table.I asked to move to an empty table by a window, the hostess said that would be fine, and escorted us over to that table. Then as we just started looking at the menu, a waitress came up & said "You'll have to move, this table is reserved and the party is at the bar. We're setting up for a large group, but you can sit overthere." Overthere,is in the middle of the room, next to the large party. My suggestion-USE A TABLE RESERVE SIGN. We immediately decided to go somewhere else. I won't be back!!!!
- Fresh and tasty food items.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Fresh and tasty food items. Have never had a bad meal here after 5-6 visits. Great beer selection.Special Features:
- I love all the gluten freeDrLauraDined on 9/1/2012I love all the gluten free and vegan options on the menu. Plus the restaurant is environmentally friendly. The restaurant was ready for us when we arrived and we were sat immediately.Special Features:
- The restauarant has a an excellentpppatpc2VIPDined on 8/22/2012The restauarant has a an excellent craft beer selection and a very interesting (in a good way) menu. However, on this visit they did not have the calamari to make the special of the day salad. They also did not have an alternate such as salmon or shrimp that was on the menu for other entress/salads. I wound up having chicken. Also, there was no mention of the fact that they could not fulfill my order properly when it was delivered.
- nice, but noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Enjoyed the meal, pity they can't partition it a bit to separate the noisy bar from the seating.Special Features:
- This place is awesome...IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012This place is awesome...I love supporting the small business owners any chance I get. They do a great job supporting the local farmers which is so refreshing! We were there a little early, so we hung out at the bar for a few drinks and our bartender James was great. I will definitely return....Special Features:
- The noise level was high,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012The noise level was high, not energetic. Not much can be done about that. The menu had a surprising variety. We all liked the menu enough to want to come back and try something else. The vegetarian options were good because more than just a pasta dish was offered. The servers were approachable and informative and confident.
- Friends, Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012We had an enoyable evening with friends and Duke's made it become a memorable occasion. The service and food were outstanding. The beers I selected from their list were some of the best I've ever had! I highly recommend Dukes for an evening out with friends.Special Features:
- Service was excellent allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Service was excellent all around. Our server, Kyle, was courteous and on the ball. The floor manager, Ryan, was exceptional at making us feel comfortable as well as very informative on the menu options. They both made us feel as though we were the only people in the place. Food was excellent and fairly portioned. Great atmosphere and amazing staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great selection of beers.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012Great selection of beers. Friendly and attentive service.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012I was very impressed with the menu. I try to eat healthy and it was so nice to have several options available to choose from. Duke's has something for everyone. The food is good and the prices are reasonable. The craft beer list is truly amazing. I have been telling my friends about Duke's and will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a great time at dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012We had a great time at dinner on Saturday night. We celebrated my son's 30th birthday and I had requested, when I made the reservation, to see if they could do something special. They presented him a list of options for dessert on the house. He selected the huge brownie ala mode- DELICIOUS!!!! We also really enjoyed all the varieties of beer on the menu!! We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Caught by surprise, this isLaneroVIPDined on 7/21/2012Caught by surprise, this is an awesome restaurant! Beer list is huge... Food is great and is presented very well.Special Features:
- Family was in from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012Family was in from out of town ages 4 to 65. As usual we were having fun. Everyone was happy withh their meal and what would have been sheer chaos at home came off without a hitch. Thanks Angie.Special Features: