1420 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jollyspianobar.com/
- Phone: 2676871161
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday-Saturday : 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Quici
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Jolly's Road Show!
If you can't make it to us, we'll come to you! Jolly's offers its Rock 'n' Roll Dueling Piano Show to go. We can handle it all. From set-up to breakdown; From food to drink; from entertainment to staffing. It's perfect for any event: birthdays, weddings, corporate events, receptions, divorce, re-marriage. You name it..we'll make it perfect! We deliver to your site everything that is needed to make this event a success.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private dining options on our Mezzanine level for up to 50 guests or offer the entire restaurant for up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2676871161
- Entertainment: We feature "Dueling Pianos" Tuesday through Saturday Nights. Philadelphia"s only Dueling Piano Show. Sunday brunch with The Alex Bartlett Trio, Sunday Nights an evening with Michael Richard Kelly, Monday Night Open Jam Sessions with Philadelphia's premier musicians. We are Philadelphia's premier live entertainment venue.
- Cross Street: Broad
- Public Transit: Patco 15th and Locust, Septa Broad and Walnut
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer $9 stamped parking in the parking lot in the Academy House (where we are located as well). The entrance to the lot is on 15th street just past Locust Street. You may park and then walk through the building to get to our entrance. There is no time limit on this special deal. Please get your ticket stamped by our host/hostess
A word from Duel
Philadelphia's premier live entertainment venue, featuring The Dueling Pianos, a sing-along, clap-along, shout-along, night of fun. We're the official Bachelorette party headquarters for Philadelphia and winner of "Best Girls Night Out", Best of Philly, Philly Magazine 2010. Visit our website to see what's happening this week at Duel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Duel reviews from OpenTable diners
- The duo played an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013The duo played an excellent selection of music, they were friendly and enthusiastic in spite if it being a slow week night. It would be nice if there was a more of a selection of food and it wouldn't hurt if the drinks were a couple of dollars cheaper especially on a week night....Special Features:
- We knew going in it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013We knew going in it was a bar serving bar food. We went for the entertainment of the dueling pianos. The only issue we had is on Wednesdays there is only one employee who is bartender, server, busser and cook! When we first got there we had to wait a while to get a drink. Luckily it was a small crowd.Special Features:
- great for music!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2013Dueling pianos were awesome! Went on a Wednesday night so only one bartender and no wait staff. Food is typical bar food: fried and unhealthy. But decent. Lots of spaceSpecial Features:
- Music was great - place wasFishtacoVIPDined on 1/17/2013Music was great - place was fun - food and noise level as to be expected in this kind of venue.Special Features:
- Lots of fun! They don't openOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2013Lots of fun! They don't open until 5 on Wednesdays, which is when I went, and was bummed that it was empty. I came with a group of friends for my Birthday and almost considered leaving since we were the only ones there. But since its half off all appetizers and drinks, we stuck it out. Once the piano players started, we had a BLAST! The food was pretty good for just being normal bar food and the drinks were cheap. I've walked by here late on Friday nights and noticed it was standing room only so I will be going back but probably waiting until late night on the weekends. Side Note - The more willing you are to sing along and banter with the players, the more fun you'll have!Special Features:
- Eat before you go!!! PoorFjasonVIPDined on 12/5/2012Eat before you go!!! Poor pub food at best & limited selection. Went on a Wed nite. Only one server for bar + food. Piano playing was fun but could use some more energy. All in all a good time though & do recommend trying.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the experiencej9sunshineVIPDined on 5/10/2012Unfortunately, the experience was less than impressive and down right disappointing. Upon arrival we learned that there are some owner disputes going on, which resulted in all the advertised cuisine on their website and the LIVE music was a fallacy. The was an average extremely limited bar menu (wings & fried stuff) and no LIVE music at 6pm and at 8pm when the dueling piano show was supposed to start, there was no pianists in sight. I would not call this place a restaurant but a slightly upgraded dive bar.
- Trying something newsmp1Dined on 4/26/2012Jolly's pleasantly surprised me. I had never heard of the place prior to seeing it on Travelzoo. The piano players were outstanding and kept the crowd engaged, playing popular songs by request. Furthermore, the variety of specialty drinks was a nice find, since the food menu was very simple. Overall, a good atmosphere and a good night spot different than the regular, old bar scene.Special Features:
- Went on a Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2012Went on a Wednesday night with 3 other people. We didn't anticipate it to be crowded at all, and it wasn't. Even though it was just us, we had a wonderful time. The drinks were great and the six appetizers we had were all very well done. Granted, it was only bar food, but good nonetheless. For the majority of our time there, we were the only ones there and had excellent service and interaction with the piano players. Awesome how they still put on such a show for just a few college kids who weren't tipping that great. Definitely plan on going back soon on a weekend, certainly worth the cover charge. Had a great time and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fun time!Special Features:
- Try to get there when theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2012Try to get there when the dueling pianos begin. On weeknights it's slow but the music is fun!Special Features:
- Girls Night out at Jolly'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012We were disappointed..For a center City Happy Hour ...we were the only table of guests, Specialty drinks were sugary sweet more like melted Rita's than adult beverages...We knew we were too early for the piano partication, but if the food-- all fried- and the bevvies- Kool-Aid-were better we could have hung out all night...We did like the waiter and service....but then we and the paper were all he had....was wondering why we bothered to make reservations and also wondering if the place was open...
- Fun time at Jolly'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2012We thoroughly enjoyed Jolly's. Our party of 4 was the only table occupied, so we had our own, personal piano concert. The players asked us what we wanted to hear, then played and sang the songs of our generation (Billy Joel, Elton John, James Taylor, and many more). We sang along and had a great time for an hour and a half before they took a short break. The drinks were good as were the appetizers. Service was also very good. We will go back again. We couldn't figure out why there were so few people there - it was a Wed. night the week before Easter, so that might have been it. We imagine that it is much more lively on the weekends. Also, it is only a few steps from the Patco high speed line, so NJ residents - it's a snap to get to.Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2012We did not stay, the menu was only bar food not sure what the point of a reservation was at all at 6:00 the place was empty the website said music starts at 6 we arrived at 6:30 no music very bar like not restaurant like the menu was too limited not at all what i was hoping for or expecting. we did not stay. OUr waitress was very pleasant and understanding and she seemed to not be surprised by our wanting to leave.
- We were expecting a limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2012We were expecting a limited menu, but not even this menu was less than we expected. They only offered appetizers. The pianos were not playing either.Special Features:
- The menu that was representedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2012The menu that was represented online was not the same. They had changed their menu to fried apps only, it was a little disappointing.
- RoxanneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012The food is fries, wings, sliders, burgers, crab cakes It is mostly fried stuff. the mixed drinks are $9 bar wine and $11.00 Martini's. On travel zoo right now they have a coupon for $30.00 where you will get 4 drinks and 3 dishes for $30.00. do it and you will save $30.00 Wen went on valentines day and had a good night. The piano players are very good and hard workers you will not be disappointed. I would recommend this place for a date night or a fun night with friends or family.Special Features:
- I went on a Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2011I went on a Wednesday night and made a reservation for an engagement party of 7. Waitress was slow, there was no manager on site or host to greet us at the door and the best part about it was when the bill came the appetizers were not half off and the happy hour drinks were not marked $3.00 as advertised. I don't know if they thought we would notice but when we had in mind to pay $200 and the bill came out and it was $319 without tip I knew something was wrong. I don't what the gentleman's name was who fixed the bill but after 30 minutes of waiting he did and we were pleased. Other than that the atmosphere was great, piano players were awesome and we had a great time!!!
- Jolly's - Not so jollyNJBmuncherDined on 11/9/2011Bar menu of mostly fried food wasn't appealing though what we ordered was tasty. Place was pretty empty on a Wednesday night still, noise level was high. Musicians were talented but pianos were so loud that it was difficult to have a conversation. Our waitress was very sweet & service was good. Not a place I'd recommend -
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2011Great place. Great food. Great music. You can't go wrong going here!Special Features:
- Food menu isn't great. AlthoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2011Food menu isn't great. Although it need illumination is a little to dark.
- I was very dissapointed asTerryTidbitsDined on 9/13/2011I was very dissapointed as I made a reservation to see dueling pianos. I even called and no one told me that there would be no dueling pianos that night. There was just a single piano player/singer that was mediocre at best. However it was energetic.
- Overall had a very good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2011Overall had a very good time at Jolly's. Food was not that great but the music and drink specials made up for that. My wife and I were planning on coming back many more times with friends in the future, but unfortunately as much fun as we had we will never return again. The reason behind this is because in order to not spend 30 or more dollars on parking you have to park at the Academy House valet parking deck. They validate your parking at Jolly's so all you have to pay is nine dollars to park. After we left the parking deck to go home we noticed the next morning that there was damage done to our car bumper by them that now will cost us almost 1400 dollars to fix. Therefore, we are not going to return there.Special Features:
- We went in for dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011We went in for dinner and a drink on a Thirsday night. Being from out of town, we weren't too familiar with the place. When we got there, not a single person was in there. We thought it might be a bust of a night. Yet more and more people showed up as the night went on. Food was great (and we got loys of deals between happy hour and specials). Music was better. Definitely a place to check out if you like piano bars. I just reccommend going for a late dinner or drink.
- Jolly's was lively and energetic.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2011Jolly's was lively and energetic. Food was good and it was fun to people watch. The pianists were entertaining but weren't really dueling though. They would just alternate turns playing. If you want deuling watch Who Framed Roger Rabit.Special Features:
- Great music; Great food; however,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2011Great music; Great food; however, everything we ordered was out of stock. On a menu of about 20 items there was 6 or more items that they were out of. Even my bacon burger came out without bacon or lettuce because they were out of that too! Drinks pricey but it is center city.Special Features:
- Very loud. Service wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2011Very loud. Service wasn't great, but drinks and food were pretty good
- Decent atmosphere, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2011Decent atmosphere, food was typical bar food. Manager openly admitted to scamming patrons into ordering higher priced beverages by not disclosing the DOMESTIC beer they ordered is not part of the Happy Hour special (which is not disclosed/published anywhere else for the patron to read). Server was helpful and specifically noted this exclusion later on, but Manager, who took our first couple drink orders, did NOT then admitted, with an attitude, it's not her job/responsibility to disclose what is included or excluded from specials. She eventually agreed to charge less since we only ordered two, but was hesitant about it. Oh yeah, GREAT customer service there. Make me want to return. ::sarcasm::Special Features:
- EhhOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2011Made a reservation which they had no idea about when I arrived with my party. Waitress charges us for extra food then argued about it with me.
- Do not know how it happened,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011Do not know how it happened, but on the morning of our reservations the restaurant called and informed me they were not open that day. Luckily we had enough time to make other arrangements. So therefore I have no review.
- We went for Mother's day brunchdisappointedDined on 5/8/2011We went for Mother's day brunch and the place didn't look like it was open. We were expecting entertainment but an hour after our arrival the three piece was just setting up their instruments. Food was no better than Perkins.