18 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dueridgewood.com/
- Phone: (201) 857-3231
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Weiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Holiday tree lighting, December 5th.
New Years Eve dining.
Menus available shortly.
A word from Due
Due restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Ridgewood on the corner of East Ridgewood Ave and Broad Street, steps away from New Jersey Transit's Ridgewood Rail Station. Executive Award Winning Chef Adam Weiss and Owner Chris Tarta deliver modern, seasonal, eclectic Italian cuisine with freshly prepared dishes from the wood-fired grill using local ingredients with a focus on flavors, textures, and plating with a modern twist. We offer the perfect casually elegant ambiance, setting, and accommodations for private dining as well as outdoor "al fresco" dining. We live to serve our neighbors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (25)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (12)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great food less the pretenseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Due is a semi small restaurant, 10-12 tables, with a superb chef. The chef is creative without you ending up with what seems like experimental, pretentious dishes. Thet taste was great and the presentation lovely. But he really excels in dessert. I had the chocolate semi-fredo with cinnamon graham crackers and meringue. OH MY GOD!! So so good. Our server, Lauren, was lively, very nice and helpful. She definitely mastered the balance between being attentive to your every request without being overboard on top of you. We enjoyed our dinner very much; food and experience, and plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable DinnerAugustaDined on 11/21/2014At first, we thought the menu was small, but as we looked we realized there were several dishes that we would have liked. The dishes are creative and very tasty. The orders that night were a cauliflower appetizer,short ribs and a pork chop. All were excellent! We will definitely return for the food. Also, must put in a good word about our waitress, Lauren. She was perfect... attentive and personable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two happy couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/14/2014We came together as two couples. Everything was spectacular. We enjoyed chicken chowder, grilled tomato soup, Apple salad, grilled salmon, turkey meatballs with bucatini, and chicken Marsala. To finish, we could not resist the pumpkin tiramisu and goat cheese white chocolate cheesecake. Sevice was friendly and efficient. We were seated in a lovely corner booth. We will be back. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outJustjessnjoyVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. The restaurant is very small with limited seating and little atmosphere. We all felt the pricing was high. It is a bring your own bottle restaurant located near the train station, so it is easy to get to, if you come by train.
- Delicious, Delicious...... AGAIN!!JefeDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I, along with a friend, thoroughly enjoyed another great dinner at due this past week. We dined on the cauliflower appetizer along with the tomato soup and the calamari misto- we all enjoyed each others appetizer immensely. Then we moved on to the Veal Milanese, Bsrramundi filet special and the Bucatini with Turkey Meatball--all delicious with more than plentiful servings. The service was excellent and we all complimented Lauren, our server, as very professional and friendly. We will definitely be back again; this has become our new "go to" favorite in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!!!!sc1961VIPDined on 11/6/2014After reading some good reviews in the local papers, I was really excited about trying this restaurant. Total Disaster! My chicken breast entree was so small that it had no more then 3 bites for $26. My wifes salmon dish was fishy and not very tasty. Rest was more then half empty, so I guess I was the last to find out to STAY AWAY!
- Innovative menuBabsVIPDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food ,some of the menu changes for the season. We had pumpkin crusted salmon,delicious! We enjoyed everything from the breads ,appetizers and main courses. All of the desserts were very special too!Special Features:
- Friendly mid-scale ItalianBiknhikDined on 10/31/2014This small but very friendly restaurant serves food that is delicious with a creative flair. My short ribs were very flavorful, tender and the portion was just right - not over the top volume wise. The other five also enjoyed their meals. Our waitress was perfect - just the right amount of care and friendliness. Overall a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat on HalloweenOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Cauliflower francaise was very creative and delicious. And the salmon and veal Milanese was great also. We finished off the evening with pumpkin semi-freddo. Service was efficient and friendly. We sat in the corner and was quite romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014Good choice of Appetizers, Salads and Entrees. Service was attentive and food was prepared well. Daily Specials could have been more extensive.Special Features:
- Sophisticated night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/29/2014My friend and I had a lovely dinner tonight at due. We shared the crispy calamari and cauliflower francaise: both excellent dishes. For our main courses, we had the veal chop Milanese and the grilled steak. Everything was deeply satisfying. We managed to leave a little room for the cheesecake brûlée: to die for. And the sevice was very nice and helpful. We sat in a cozy corner table next to a candle lit shelf, which was kind of private and made for quiet conversation and started to get busy as the night went on watching the sunset. Highly recommend making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- run dont walklauriebVIPDined on 10/25/2014food is great- many items can be made gluten free. they have gf pasta. had the meatball ragout- out of this world. the cheesecake is crustless with a topping like on creme brulee. my husband had the pork chop delicious and portions are tremendous. price is not unreasonable.many seasonal items on the menu like spaghetti squash and other vegetables- also my friend had the scallops- neversawsuch a large serving size of big scallops. you will really enjoy this meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service butAplacetogoDined on 10/25/2014Due is a great restaurant with interesting and very well prepared food from appetizer to main course. We are not dessert eaters but one sounded so good. It was superb! The only problem is that Due is small (32 seats) and there is nothing to absurd the noise so and conversations are a problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok ValueChettyDined on 10/25/2014Ambiance friendly but noisy and a bit crowded. Good was well prepared. Sauce with crusted salomon was too rich and a bit heavy. The semi frozen pumpkin mousse was too frozen. Left half of the dessert. My wife's scallop dish was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/21/2014I celebrated my friends birthday. We had a fabulous dinner. The cauliflower special was outrageous. And the butternut squash agnolotti was delicious. The Berkshire was the best pork chop we ever had. The turkey meatballs looked as good as the picture in the Record looked: tasty too. Although we were stuffed, we still managed to save a little room for pumpkin semi-freddo with meringue which was to unbelievably delicious. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I thought the food and presentation was fabulous .I myself is an excellent cook, and always love to have better food then I can produce. Can t wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef owner great combomontclairVIPDined on 10/11/2014great food & service. food paired well for fall . will return soon!!!!!Special Features:
- Very expensiveFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to Due because the reviews were great. The atmosphere is okay and the food was good, but it was very expensive for what we had. We definitely don't mind paying for great food and atmosphere, but in Due, the menu was limited and very pricey. There was only one pasta on the menu and for an Italian Restaurant, that's strange. The portions are very small and the appetizers were extremely expensive. Even the salads were over $12.00. We ordered strawberries and cream and it was $9.00. There were many four cut up strawberries and some whipped cream. We definitely do not like being taken advantage of when we dine out. We were hoping to find a new favorite in Ridgewood, but we didn't.
- FriendsDined on 10/10/2014Food was very good. Service was very good, informed. pleasant and timely. Noise level was intolerable.Special Features:
- Very nice place8outDined on 10/10/2014We went in with high expectations and got a bit apprehensive when no once came to the table for awhile, but once our server came, she was fantastic. She recommended certain items so we took her up on it and the food was tremendous. We shared the short rib and the salmon which were both completely wonderful, not sure which I liked best. We got the calamari to be safe and that was so well done and different from what I was used to. This is a great place. Sorry that I was too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014Had a wonderful time. Food was excellent and service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due is spectacularJessicaDined on 10/5/2014Oft times you read restaurant reviews full of hyperbole about the food. This is no hyperbole. The food at Due is perfection. Absolute perfection. The space is charming; the service lovely. Do yourself a favor: if you love food, get yourself to Due. (And don't miss the bucotini!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!JefeDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed an excellent dinner at due this past Saturday evening. The food was outstanding as was the service!! I join another recent diner in fully supporting the 3.5 review recently awarded, it has been totally earned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Ridgewood DelightTheDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Very nice restaurant right in the heart of Ridgewood just a stone's throw from the train. Lots of good restaurants to choose from in town but Due is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulNorthJerseygalDined on 10/2/2014Due deserves ever bit of the 3 1/2 stars it got from the review in The Record. The restaurant was completely booked last night but the service never missed a beat. Our waitress Shania was extremely attentive and she brought everything to our table quickly. Though Due was at full capacity, we had no difficulty conversing with friends at the table. My husband ordered the vegetarian grilled portobella "parmegiano" which he said was excellent. My Italian friend who claimed he would never eat a turkey meatball said that it was spectacular. The other two of us ate the balsamic short ribs which were excellent as usual. Dessert consisted of brulee cheesecake which was absolutely wonderful. We also shared the delicious cannoli.Special Features:
- Just keeps getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014I have been going since it opened. Yes it had a rocky start , but the last several months has see a transformation. The Chef-Adam Weiss is very creative and always trying something different. This is not your typical spaghetti and meatballs kind of place. Elevated Italian. There was a really nice crowd for lunch and everyone seemed please. Reservations a must.Special Features:
- DisappointingChazDined on 9/27/2014We read the 3.5 star review written by the Record. Immediately made reservations. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Goodie190Dined on 9/27/2014Great new find! Absolutely delicious. Noise level is loud when full. Go early. Outside dining not a bad option either.Special Features:
- So DisappointedBCDiner93Dined on 9/26/2014After the much hyped reviews over and over again decided to try it. Made an 8:00 reservation Friday night. We got there at 8:00 table was no ready, the noise level was deafening once seated at a table hidden in the back next to the counter by the way not one bit of ambience. After 15 minutes finally had to get up and get the waitress to open our wine and get water. She came back 10 minutes later with the glasses. Finally took our order over an hour later got our entrees. I have a real issue with diners who come in after being served before. Food was medicore at best my shrimp special was completely over cooked and rubbery. Between the awful service, noise level and medicore and quite expensive for the size of the portions will not be back.
- fantastic new restaurantmigpooVIPDined on 9/24/2014as usual, Chef Adam Weiss outdid himself. His appetizer of fried calamari in a delicious creamy sauce, accompanied by peppers and olives is a great twist and makes his take on this old classic, superb. Miguel's shrimp and grits entrée was an excellent recommendation and I enjoyed his crabcakes as an entrée rather than an appetizer. The zeppoles for dessert with the 2 dipping sauces were magnificent. Miguel especially enjoyed the rubarb dipping sauce. Corey and Lauren were very attentive, Corey as a maître d and Lauren as a very good server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant & deliciousPeterMDined on 9/23/2014Excellent meal, group of seven diners and all the choices were greatly enjoyed. despite a busy night the service was attentive and the food quality did not suffer. highly recommended.Special Features:
- Bergen Record review overstatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Service on Saturday night was awful and the food was average. It took over 45 minutes to place an order, longer to get bread and 2 1/2 hours to eat and get a check (no dessert or coffee). The menu is inspired, but the execution is not.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014My crab cakes (as an appetizer) were very good but the accompanying salad had the absolute sweetest dressing I have ever come across. What was the chef thinking. Basiclly he killed the crab cakes. My wife's scalops were an absolute joke. Three very small scalops for $33.00. Neither of us want large portions but this was rediculous. Also, the sauce they were swimming in totally obliterated anything else on her very small plate. My steak frites were at best an average dish. We never eat desert so I will leave it at that. No. Afer the 31/2 star review we were terribly disappointed and once again must learn not to put too much weight on the Bergen Regord reviewers reviews. I cannot recommend neither her or this restaurant.
- Food havenOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/18/2014We are so glad we went when we did on Thursday. Everything was excellent. And the service was very warm and helpful. The next day we read the Record and saw that due got 3.5 stars. Bravo! Reservations are going to be had to come by. The effort is worth the dining experience reward. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthJerseygalDined on 9/11/2014I am never disappointed by anything I eat at Due. Chef Adam Weiss has a magic touch when it comes to turning ordinary food into something spectacular. His braised short ribs are undoubtedly the best I have ever eaten. They are so tender and flavorful in a balsamic, tomato sauce that surrounds the meat with delicately flavored grilled vegetables. This is also served with a cheese polenta. We always share the calamari which tastes so much better than any I have eaten before. My husband had black bass which he said was prepared perfectly. For dessert, the key lime parfait is wonderful but do is the chocolate bread pudding. If you like gourmet food, you will love Due.Special Features:
- Early Sunday DinnerpattymacDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I had dinner this past Sunday. We came just as they were opening at 5:00. The wait staff was very friendly and gushed over several of the menu items. Despite being the first ones there, and there only being 2 tables occupied, my husband ordered the very last order of one of the specials - sea bass. He enjoyed it, as well as the mushroom soup starter. I had the grilled octopus appetizer. It was undercooked and rubbery at the same time, and lacked the charcoal taste that I look for in that dish. The accompanying salad was tasty. The menu is small and I didn't see anything - other than the sea bass - that really excited me. I ended up ordering chicken marsala. It was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent menuRobertaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful service and very nice menu choices. It was hard to choose. Everything we ordered was delicious. Our server was outgoing, very pleasant and helpful with our dinner choices. I would definitely go back again. However, there may have been something wrong with the A/C because it was warm and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Fit for adventurous foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/5/2014The entire dinner was delicious. We each had an appetizer, entree, and dessert and were totally satisfied. The service was great and the banquet next to the wall was very comfortable and cozy. It was slightly warm inside but the food and great service made up for it all. Can't wait to go back to see their fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outfoodandfunDined on 9/5/2014After trying a few restaurants in Ridgewood, Due is our favorite so far. Everything was pretty good. Calamari appetizer was nicely done - crisp and light. Black Sea Bass and Shrimp and grits entrees we also well prepared. Attentive and friendly service staff.Special Features:
- Great care in food prepmcm090304Dined on 9/5/2014The flavors coaxed from the ingredients in various pasta sauces is perfect. Pasta portions need to be a bit bigger because we left feeling a bit hungry.Special Features: