78-80 Albany Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.duemarinj.com/
- Phone: 732-296-1600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday - 11:45 am to 2:45 pm
Dinner: Sunday - 5:00 pm to 8:45 pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday - 5:00 pm to 10:00pm,
Dinner: Thursday - Friday - 5:00 pm to 10:15 pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5:00 pm to 10:45 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Owner: Michael White & Executive Chef: Bill Dorrler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Events from 10 to 200
- Private Party Contact: Private Events firstname.lastname@example.org 732-296-1610
A word from Due Mari
Due Mari is an authentic modern Italian restaurant featuring cuisine from award winning Chef & Owner Michael White. Due Mari presents an atmosphere of comfort, while providing outstanding food, a wide variety of wines to pair, and service that is passionate, attentive, and knowledgeable. With hand-crafted pasta, and fresh and seasonal ingredients, Due Mari takes pride in offering a true fine dining experience in a comfortable casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Mari reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (33)notable wine list (31)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ConsistentDiner117VIPDined on 10/17/2014Consistently good with choices that should satisfy all eaters. The menu is well suited to seasonal choices and the service is very good. I like the ability to order smaller portions and leave the table feeling satisfied, but not stuffed.Special Features:
- carolVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was very average. The service was friendly but inattentive.
- KassieDined on 10/7/2014The food was excellent and the waiters were so professional, the only issue I had was the manager who was on duty at lunch on Tuesday didn't even come over to our table. I notice she went to all the other patrons tables and asked them how was there lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodlove2eatoutDined on 10/4/2014Food at restaurant was delicious. We loved the choices for the prix fixe menu and the cost was reasonable for the great quality and quantity. However, when we arrived at the restaurant about 10 minutes early, and I must add that there were many empty tables, the maitre d' wouldn't seat us since we were early. A little confusing. Also, we ordered a bottle of wine, and had to continually ask for glasses to be refilled. Those were the reasons I just gave the service a good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service but....OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/29/2014This was our first visit. The place was beautifully decorated and we had a 6:30 reservation. We were sat right away at a very nice booth. The server was knowledgeable and friendly. However we did not get our drinks until 30 min after we sat, nor did we even order our meals. The second round of drinks ordered were just as slow. It was unfortunate because everything else we loved. I mentioned this to our waiter because I didn't want it to reflect on him, and it was then he mentioned a new bartender and a few bigger groups caused the slow drinks. PS: the bar was empty?) In the end they did credit us for two appetizers and we appreciated the acknowledgement. Other than the delays we enjoyed the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Easy as Sunday EveningChefSteveDined on 9/28/2014We ate here before a concert at the State Theater. Service was timely yet unhurried, and we were able to eat a 3-course meal with plenty of time to get to the show. The food was beautifully prepared and presented well enough to show care without making us wonder how many hands had been touching the food before it got to us. We ate a variety of entrees - pasta, fish and meat. All were consumed with gusto, with much sharing of the "oh! you gotta try some of this" variety. And the desserts, while somewhat trite for an Italian-themed restaurant, we're interesting, deconstructed twists on the standards, that delivered all of the essence in very interesting forms. All in all, it was a dinner experience we all enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent restaurant. I requested a birthday cake or a birthday candle in the dessert (via OpenTable) and that did not happen. Should have dealt with the restaurant directly.Special Features:
- Pleasing everyone!ScarletDined on 9/17/2014Three people, three different sets of preferences.....all pleased and looking forward to returning--soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014I do not recommend this restaurant. It was over prices small portions with no flavor. Very disappointing. The Salmon that we got was not even half the portion of the Salmon that they show on their website.
- First time visitCasualReviewerDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed a nice business lunch at Due Mari and it was truly excellent. Service, food, atmosphere, all just really great. Would come back...do recommend.Special Features:
- still going strongrichieDined on 9/13/2014This was our first trip back to due mari in 3 or 4 years, and i am happy to say it is still in top form. Excellent service, strong wine list. Had the 4 course prixe fixe and every course was very high quality. Decent price value at $58 as well. They stuck us downstairs in an overflow dining room even though they had plenty of room upstairs, which some of our party did not like but I was fine with it. Overall, on par with the best of New Brunswick's restaurants .Special Features:
- Good find far from homeDaddioDined on 9/11/2014When on a recent business trip I decided to take a chance on Due Mari. The restaurant is upscale in appearance and attitude. The lighting could be a tiny bit lower to up the romantic ante. The menu is quite diverse and has one really nice feature: an appetizer option for the pastas. As a person with a smaller capacity, I was able to have a starter, a salad, and an appetizer sized Lumache pasta--a really creative shrimp,scallop and fava bean dish with a not-often-seen Fiano di Avellino wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014It wasn't a good experience. Took Long time to serve the food which wasn't that good. Even the dessert had no test.used to be better resturant.
- Small menuJjgnVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is good enough but not many choices. The menu seems to focus on appetizers more than entrees. Seems like a nice place to have a drink after work.
- Great Vibe!LoriDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, food was good not spectacular. Expensive for what you get, small portions. Very cool vibe, nicely designed with high ceilings with large chandeliers throughout the restaurant. Also, it's Very noisy. I would go back but mostly for the atmosphere, not so much the food.Special Features:
- Poor serviceGebsDined on 8/23/2014The worst service I have experienced in years. No Parking, couldn't drop guest off in front do to construction. Private room, which also was used for service at other tables. Took forever to get a drink, had to track down our waitress several times. Served the birthday cake before we got our coffee. Will never return.
- AlymDined on 8/22/2014Can't wait to go back! Dinner was amazing! All the pasta was fresh!! The food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRalphVIPDined on 8/17/2014Calamari is unbelievable. Maybe the best I ever had. Pasta is free and prepared perfectly. Entrees of salmon, bronzino and grilled pork chop each prepared to perfection. Service was attentive and friendly. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dinning RoomSpringLakerDined on 8/17/2014This is my 3rd time to Due Mari. A great place to go when you are expecting a well prepared meal with fresh ingredients, they always deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!DineWithFriendsVIPDined on 8/15/2014I had not had the opportunity to dine at Due Mari in a while and was delighted to be back to a familiar favorite. The menu had changed but the food was wonderful and the service was excellent! I can't see a reason for going anywhere else when dining in New Brunswick!Special Features:
- dinnere at due mariralphDined on 8/14/2014great service and food, the atmosphere was very relaxing and a stress reducer..the bar scene appeared to be vibrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheBigGuyVIPDined on 8/10/2014As always, the food and the wine were fabulous. This place is a gem, even though service can be spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIVE STAR EXPERIENCE!DMarieDined on 8/9/2014I can only say great things about my experience at Due Mari. The service was great and the food was amazing. I am certainly looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinerBalaCynwydDined on 8/5/2014Great place for a dinner meeting on a weekday night. Just the right level of noise to have a conversation, but not to hear one from the next table. Menu selection is appropriate to fit many preferences prepared tastefully and presented well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!MDC62Dined on 8/4/2014Great service, good food, classy ambience, Romantic dinner, business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great anniversary celebration dinner. We were greeted with Proseco! Just fabulous. We chose the price fixed 4 course dinner with wine pairings. First courses were the heirloom tomatoes , the winner , over the very good Caesar salad. Both were quite large making a trip home! Second was the pasta ..the real doe silty of the restaurant.. Garganrlli with truffle butter and pillows stuffed with ricotta and zucchini. Both had the Bronzino for dinner. Delicious! Desserts were the affogato, my latest favorite, and the ricotta cheesecakes service was spot one. A perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 25thMichDined on 7/25/2014The pre fixe dinner had wonderful and varied choices with great food.Special Features:
- noliesDined on 7/22/2014It was one of the best dinners I have ever had. Every dish was imaginative, beautifully presented, and delicious. Service was polite and watchful, but never intrusive. I'd recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodHPFanVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is always good at Due Mari. The service is always sketchy. The servers are slow to arrive and often seem confused. It's not that the service is outright bad, everyone is pleasant, but the flow is jumpy. We often wait quite awhile for the initial contact and the menus are slow to arrive. It's not a deal breaker because the food is so good but it would be nice if they ironed out the roughness on the service end.Special Features:
- restaurant week lunchfussyVIPDined on 7/16/2014first let me say that the food was very good and excellent for our appetizers and main courses. The service was quite slow and, on visiting the rest room during a wait in between courses, I noticed that our waiter was also bar tender. In addition, although there was a chalk board at the entrance announcing Restaurant Week, we were only given the special menu after requesting it. I find this off putting when a restaurant does this; it's almost as if they are trying to intimidate you by making you feel like a cheap skate if you ask---in other words, they're hoping you won't ask. In any case, the food is great and we will return.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekJessicaDeluca09Dined on 7/14/2014I was embarrassed to rave about this place all the time and then to be dissappointed In front of friends Monday. We sat in dining room and I wasn't crazy about the restaurant week menu so I ordered ala cart. The Octo was great( like usually) but the Bronzino and pasta came out so cold and of course we didnt send it back because didnt want to fuss. Ordered reisling to start and server never came back with the bottle with seeing empty glasses. Lights were bright and music Loud and club like. Music completely shut off and servers cleaning while we were still eating entrees at 9pm. Difference between tonight an any other? No manager. Just hostess all night. I own a restaurant and I don't care if its Monday or Saturday. That should never happenSpecial Features:
- fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014bartender was great ,suggested a pasta course with fresh peas prociutto and truffle butter excellent choice host was very freindly,server was funny everything we ate was very good will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a mealLocaldinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were celebrating several family milestones and chose the restaurant after looking at several web sites. The only odd thing is we were seated right away, water was brought, we ordered drinks, appetizers and our meal. I The appetizers arrived but we still didn't have water or bread. I never understand how restaurants miss these easy but important steps. I did not think the restaurant was packed. It makes me wonder if there was no captain or was the captain poorly trained. Interesting cocktail and wine list. Nice fish selection and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014A friend and I dined here last week and everything was delicious. The herb butter with the bread was a nice touch. The octopus appetizer was perfectly prepared, as was the cod. Service was prompt and friendly. It had been several years since I was last at Due Mari and I will make it a point to go back sooner!Special Features:
- FantasticJeanfromnjDined on 7/1/2014Really enjoyed my time at Due Mari. It was my birthday and the waiter overheard us talking about that and brought over a dessert with a candle in it which was a very nice touch. We especially enjoyed the special eggplant appetizer, the caesar salad and the pastas were just outstanding. The entrees were enjoyed by everyone....the fish was so fresh.. very nice special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!MimblaDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Due Mari 6/27/14. From the hostess to the bus boy the outstanding service was welcoming, embracing and friendly. Tastefully decorated with ample room between tables, the four course prix fixe menu offered a diverse array of interesting choices. Our engaging waiter was friendly, informative and attentive to our table. The lightly breaded artichoke and cauliflower made a tasty and light start to a wonderful meal and the pasta with pork sausage ragu was rich without being heavy. Seafood risotto was good, but lacked the degree of creaminess I anticipated. Branzini made my date smile, while her cheesecake fell short. Caramel custard was a great surprise and a delicious end to a great meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- different levelimpressedVIPDined on 6/27/2014the food in due mari is at a different (higher) level than most NJ restaurants. Flavor bursts on every dish. The menu is so good, we could not decide what to order. Nothing disappointed. As good as any NYC restaurant. modern, sleek atmosphere. Professional friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceCutieFoodieDined on 6/23/2014The food was absolutely excellent. I am a vegetarian and I felt there were a good amount of choices for me. Also, I tried their Riesling wine. Definitely the best wine I've ever tried. The only problem with my experience there is that I wasn't a huge fan of the music they were playing. It seemed like a very elegant restaurant so I was not expecting to hear top 40 pop hits. Also, I was on a date and the servers kept rushing us. I could completely understand if the place was crowded but it was 2pm and we were the ONLY people there. It was pretty annoying that I couldn't take my time to enjoy my food and conversation without a server coming every 5 minutes asking, "Can I take your plate?" Overall, good experience.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at a Leisurely PaceOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 6/23/2014Went here for lunch. The space is beautiful with lots of natural light. The ambience is elegant. I would go to Due Mari for dinner when I had no place to go afterwards. The pace of service was leisurely even though I told them I was in a hurry. The food was good and I would like to try more dishes there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 851 reviews are from the Due Mari reviews archive.
- Great Date Night PlaceFoodCrazeDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant has great ambience and service. The staff treats you well and the choices in the menu are simple. We loved the desert (Tiramisu).Special Features: