78-80 Albany Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.duemarinj.com/
- Phone: 732-296-1600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday - 11:45 am to 2:45 pm
Dinner: Sunday - 5:00 pm to 8:45 pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday - 5:00 pm to 10:00pm,
Dinner: Thursday - Friday - 5:00 pm to 10:15 pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5:00 pm to 10:45 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Owner: Michael White & Executive Chef: Bill Dorrler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Events from 10 to 200
- Private Party Contact: Private Events email@example.com 732-296-1610
A word from Due Mari
Due Mari is an authentic modern Italian restaurant featuring cuisine from award winning Chef & Owner Michael White. Due Mari presents an atmosphere of comfort, while providing outstanding food, a wide variety of wines to pair, and service that is passionate, attentive, and knowledgeable. With hand-crafted pasta, and fresh and seasonal ingredients, Due Mari takes pride in offering a true fine dining experience in a comfortable casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Due Mari - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Due Mari reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (47)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (24)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Vibe!LoriDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, food was good not spectacular. Expensive for what you get, small portions. Very cool vibe, nicely designed with high ceilings with large chandeliers throughout the restaurant. Also, it's Very noisy. I would go back but mostly for the atmosphere, not so much the food.Special Features:
- Poor serviceGebsDined on 8/23/2014The worst service I have experienced in years. No Parking, couldn't drop guest off in front do to construction. Private room, which also was used for service at other tables. Took forever to get a drink, had to track down our waitress several times. Served the birthday cake before we got our coffee. Will never return.
- AlymDined on 8/22/2014Can't wait to go back! Dinner was amazing! All the pasta was fresh!! The food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRalphVIPDined on 8/17/2014Calamari is unbelievable. Maybe the best I ever had. Pasta is free and prepared perfectly. Entrees of salmon, bronzino and grilled pork chop each prepared to perfection. Service was attentive and friendly. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dinning RoomSpringLakerDined on 8/17/2014This is my 3rd time to Due Mari. A great place to go when you are expecting a well prepared meal with fresh ingredients, they always deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!DineWithFriendsDined on 8/15/2014I had not had the opportunity to dine at Due Mari in a while and was delighted to be back to a familiar favorite. The menu had changed but the food was wonderful and the service was excellent! I can't see a reason for going anywhere else when dining in New Brunswick!Special Features:
- dinnere at due mariralphDined on 8/14/2014great service and food, the atmosphere was very relaxing and a stress reducer..the bar scene appeared to be vibrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheBigGuyVIPDined on 8/10/2014As always, the food and the wine were fabulous. This place is a gem, even though service can be spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinerBalaCynwydDined on 8/5/2014Great place for a dinner meeting on a weekday night. Just the right level of noise to have a conversation, but not to hear one from the next table. Menu selection is appropriate to fit many preferences prepared tastefully and presented well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!MDC62Dined on 8/4/2014Great service, good food, classy ambience, Romantic dinner, business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great anniversary celebration dinner. We were greeted with Proseco! Just fabulous. We chose the price fixed 4 course dinner with wine pairings. First courses were the heirloom tomatoes , the winner , over the very good Caesar salad. Both were quite large making a trip home! Second was the pasta ..the real doe silty of the restaurant.. Garganrlli with truffle butter and pillows stuffed with ricotta and zucchini. Both had the Bronzino for dinner. Delicious! Desserts were the affogato, my latest favorite, and the ricotta cheesecakes service was spot one. A perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 25thMichDined on 7/25/2014The pre fixe dinner had wonderful and varied choices with great food.Special Features:
- noliesDined on 7/22/2014It was one of the best dinners I have ever had. Every dish was imaginative, beautifully presented, and delicious. Service was polite and watchful, but never intrusive. I'd recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodHPFanVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is always good at Due Mari. The service is always sketchy. The servers are slow to arrive and often seem confused. It's not that the service is outright bad, everyone is pleasant, but the flow is jumpy. We often wait quite awhile for the initial contact and the menus are slow to arrive. It's not a deal breaker because the food is so good but it would be nice if they ironed out the roughness on the service end.Special Features:
- restaurant week lunchfussyVIPDined on 7/16/2014first let me say that the food was very good and excellent for our appetizers and main courses. The service was quite slow and, on visiting the rest room during a wait in between courses, I noticed that our waiter was also bar tender. In addition, although there was a chalk board at the entrance announcing Restaurant Week, we were only given the special menu after requesting it. I find this off putting when a restaurant does this; it's almost as if they are trying to intimidate you by making you feel like a cheap skate if you ask---in other words, they're hoping you won't ask. In any case, the food is great and we will return.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekJessicaDeluca09Dined on 7/14/2014I was embarrassed to rave about this place all the time and then to be dissappointed In front of friends Monday. We sat in dining room and I wasn't crazy about the restaurant week menu so I ordered ala cart. The Octo was great( like usually) but the Bronzino and pasta came out so cold and of course we didnt send it back because didnt want to fuss. Ordered reisling to start and server never came back with the bottle with seeing empty glasses. Lights were bright and music Loud and club like. Music completely shut off and servers cleaning while we were still eating entrees at 9pm. Difference between tonight an any other? No manager. Just hostess all night. I own a restaurant and I don't care if its Monday or Saturday. That should never happenSpecial Features:
- fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014bartender was great ,suggested a pasta course with fresh peas prociutto and truffle butter excellent choice host was very freindly,server was funny everything we ate was very good will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a mealLocaldinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were celebrating several family milestones and chose the restaurant after looking at several web sites. The only odd thing is we were seated right away, water was brought, we ordered drinks, appetizers and our meal. I The appetizers arrived but we still didn't have water or bread. I never understand how restaurants miss these easy but important steps. I did not think the restaurant was packed. It makes me wonder if there was no captain or was the captain poorly trained. Interesting cocktail and wine list. Nice fish selection and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014A friend and I dined here last week and everything was delicious. The herb butter with the bread was a nice touch. The octopus appetizer was perfectly prepared, as was the cod. Service was prompt and friendly. It had been several years since I was last at Due Mari and I will make it a point to go back sooner!Special Features:
- FantasticJeanfromnjDined on 7/1/2014Really enjoyed my time at Due Mari. It was my birthday and the waiter overheard us talking about that and brought over a dessert with a candle in it which was a very nice touch. We especially enjoyed the special eggplant appetizer, the caesar salad and the pastas were just outstanding. The entrees were enjoyed by everyone....the fish was so fresh.. very nice special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!MimblaDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Due Mari 6/27/14. From the hostess to the bus boy the outstanding service was welcoming, embracing and friendly. Tastefully decorated with ample room between tables, the four course prix fixe menu offered a diverse array of interesting choices. Our engaging waiter was friendly, informative and attentive to our table. The lightly breaded artichoke and cauliflower made a tasty and light start to a wonderful meal and the pasta with pork sausage ragu was rich without being heavy. Seafood risotto was good, but lacked the degree of creaminess I anticipated. Branzini made my date smile, while her cheesecake fell short. Caramel custard was a great surprise and a delicious end to a great meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- different levelimpressedVIPDined on 6/27/2014the food in due mari is at a different (higher) level than most NJ restaurants. Flavor bursts on every dish. The menu is so good, we could not decide what to order. Nothing disappointed. As good as any NYC restaurant. modern, sleek atmosphere. Professional friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceCutieFoodieDined on 6/23/2014The food was absolutely excellent. I am a vegetarian and I felt there were a good amount of choices for me. Also, I tried their Riesling wine. Definitely the best wine I've ever tried. The only problem with my experience there is that I wasn't a huge fan of the music they were playing. It seemed like a very elegant restaurant so I was not expecting to hear top 40 pop hits. Also, I was on a date and the servers kept rushing us. I could completely understand if the place was crowded but it was 2pm and we were the ONLY people there. It was pretty annoying that I couldn't take my time to enjoy my food and conversation without a server coming every 5 minutes asking, "Can I take your plate?" Overall, good experience.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at a Leisurely PaceOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 6/23/2014Went here for lunch. The space is beautiful with lots of natural light. The ambience is elegant. I would go to Due Mari for dinner when I had no place to go afterwards. The pace of service was leisurely even though I told them I was in a hurry. The food was good and I would like to try more dishes there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night PlaceFoodCrazeDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant has great ambience and service. The staff treats you well and the choices in the menu are simple. We loved the desert (Tiramisu).Special Features:
- Due Mari commentsnbfoodiesDined on 6/21/2014We arrived 15 minutes early for our 6pm reservation and were promptly seated. Our waiter was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We have dined there before and chose to do the price fixed menu---you choose one selection from the salad section, 1 from the pasta section, 1 from the meat/fish section, and 1 from the dessert section. Our choices were all tasty and the portions were just right; you don't want overly large portions when you are eating 4 courses. There are some items on the price-fixed menu that incur surcharges, but they are clearly marked so that there are no surprises. We have enjoyed our experiences at Due Mari and will continue to dine there in the future.Special Features:
- TheBigGuyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our food was great as always, 3 of our party had complaints. The service remains inconsistent. For an expensive restaurant, they need to give this much more attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in NJKirkDined on 6/4/2014Due Mari was just across the street from my hotel, and I was quite pleased to find it. Excellent food and a good wine list. I had the four course meal which had very good choices across the board. The mahi mahi entree melted in my mouth. The only disappointing thing was when offered grated Parmesan on one dish it was not freshly grated. I would have expected the waitress to come out with a cheese grater instead of a small cup of the dried stuff. I expected better with an owner from the cheese capital of the country :-) Otherwise a great experience. The staff was very accommodating when after ordering a glass of wine I decided that I would take the bottle. I would definitely go back here.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceThaymayDined on 5/30/2014I took my very good friend to Due Mari's for her 40th birthday and she absolutely loved it! The staff was attentive and solicitous without being overly so. They treated her like a VIP guest, which is important when celebrating a milestone birthday. The appertizers were good, the pasta course delicious (we had to stop eating it so there would be room for the rest) and the main course was also very good. The dessert menu had a lot of really great choices and so, I had the 3 flavor gelato, which came with a mouthwatering, fresh out the oven, lemon cookie, sprinkled with a light dusting of powered sugar. All in all, a wonderful birthday dinner outing!Special Features:
- Great experienceSDLJJDined on 5/30/2014This is the first time we have dined at Due Mari and it was everything and more than we expected! The food, service and ambiance were all excellent!! It is not inexpensive but it is well worth it. We decided against the pre fixe menu because we thought it would be too much food and we were right. Just a small appetizer and main course was plenty for us. We will return very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm & FuzzyHerkyVIPDined on 5/28/2014From first impression through leaving the restaurant, the pros at Due Mari make you feel welcome through personal and effective attention. It's great that the food and wine are so good that they don't have to work hard to make this a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy an amazing meal!KsilberVIPDined on 5/24/2014We started with an appetizer ARANCINI • risotto croquettes, pomodoro. It had cheese melting out as soon as you split your fork into the ball. It was delicious! Next we had HITARRA • maine lobster, shrimp, grape tomatoes, garlic. My mouth is watering just thinking about the best pasta dish I ever had! We also split the BRANZINO • 27 mediterranean sea bassBRANZINO • mediterranean sea bass. It was cooked to perfection! I wish I lived close to this restaurant. I would be a regular! EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation lunchThenursisinDined on 5/18/2014Excellent lunch. Staff was attentive and top notch. Kudos to John the wine specialist who was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter fogot about usAngieDined on 5/13/2014Was there for a dinner meeting. The food was good. But, the waiter was scarce. He barely came back to the table to check in on us.
- Great Find In New BrunswickCHAKDined on 5/11/2014Ever since Soho on George closed we have been hoping that an elegant place would open in New Brunswick. We were pleasantly surprised with the Due Marie. It is an elegant place, probably unmatched in New Brunswick. All dishes served were excellent; steak could have been leaner. Pricing is reasonable. Ambience is great.The service could have been more attentive. The service was limited to taking orders and delivering orders, nothing in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinetime4usDined on 5/11/2014Due Mari is one of my favorite restaurants. The Calmari is one of our favorites. Oysters are fresh and cold. Chitarra Spaghetti is also a favorite. The Pork chop delicious and flavorful. Sirlion and Tenderloin steaks typical. Cheese cake was a disappointment (not New York style, more of a gelatin consistency). Gelati and sorbetti always amazing and bursting with flavor. Chocolate fondue is fun and tasty with homemade marshmellows. When booking your reservation ask for a table next to the window or if you like the center of the room. Otherwise, you may get one of the tables facing the back wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 838 reviews are from the Due Mari reviews archive.
- Great restaurantCurleyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Found this online not even knowing or hearing a thing about it. Food was great service the same lively atmosphere and was never rushed. A great find.Special Features:
- A diamond in the crownTheKillerWhaleDined on 5/2/2014We have brought a guest to Due Mari, and he is vegetarian ... Not a great choice. However, the restaurant did all it could to accommodate the guest and the guest very much enjoyed the dishes he was served. Not only great food, but superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and embarrassed!IdaluciaVIPDined on 5/2/2014Since all of our friends live in different places, I selected due Mari based on my past experiences dining there. All Imcan say is that I was disappointed and embarrassed not only by the quality of the food, but by the terrible service we experienced. Drinks took 30 minutes to arrive, one came out wrong. After ordering our meals and waiting again, one appetizer never came out. The manager comped us that one dish which arrived after everyone had finished theirs. Then the main courses came out. Two of us ordered the gamberi expecting a hot dish (since we had ordered a seafood salad for an appetizer). It was a tiny portion that was served cold and the shrimp tasted like iodine. all I have to say is I was disappointed and embarrassed!
- Very goodJokerDined on 5/1/2014Made a reservation for 8:30 pm. We had oysters, different pastas and brodetto (this latter above all), plus dessert (torta di ricotta better than tiramisu). Good real italian wine at honest price. We were served nicely and the food was actually good. Only remark: at 9:47 pm we wanted to order some more food but the kitchen was already close; maybe we could have been told about kitchen closure 15 min before, so we would have ordered a grigliata di pesce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.