4520 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.due-lire.com/
- Phone: 7732757878x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Make DueLire Your Own! Looking for a unique space for your next private party? Private luncheons or full restaurant buy-outs are available. Contact Massimo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 773.278.7575 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Di Voulo 7732757878x
- Special Events: WINE WEDNESDAYS
Join us every Wednesday for half price bottles of wine.
A word from Due Lire
Welcome to Due Lire Vino & Cucina, located in the vibrant Chicago neighborhood of Lincoln Square. Our dynamic menu highlights authentic Italian recipes made with seasonal and local ingredients with a contemporary twist. Indulge in a variety of dishes from antipastas and crostoni to homemade pasta and desserts.Continued
Bring your friends, meet new ones, celebrate life through great food, wine and entertaining conversation. We look forward to seeing you!
Bring your friends, meet new ones, celebrate life through great food, wine and entertaining conversation. We look forward to seeing you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Lire reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (29)romantic (27)notable wine list (22)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Party on my pallette!!!lovesfoodnwineDined on 8/28/2014I am in love with Due Lire. I want to marry it. The food is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to go back. Well done Massimo!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014It was a good late night dinner. Good service. Nice backyard seating. Nothing spectacular but nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall Italian FareMikeBikerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good place to have well prepared Italian specialties. Not your typical lasagna or meat ball place...wild boar ragu pappardelle special kind of place! Very casual with very affordable wine options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceSpotDined on 8/15/2014We had been to Due Lire a number of times but never in the warm months and we were asked if we wanted to sit outside. It was perfectly lovely and the food was outstanding. Our server was very well versed in all the specials and their ingredients which made choosing an entree very easy. We try and visit this restaurant every time we have tickets to plays or shows in the area and we cannot wait to return to Due Lire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Patio Challengeneighborhoodf00dieDined on 8/9/2014Just note that if you want to enjoy the beautiful outdoor dining space, it is not honored in reservations and there will still be a wait. Patio is first come first serve.Special Features:
- No bread?PickyDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014The burrata special and the short rib ravioli with porcini mushroom sauce were both excellent -- but both cried out for a small hunk of bread to sop up the excess sauce. I have NEVER been to an Italian restaurant that did not provide some complimentary bread when asked. Here, they wanted me to order grilled Italian bread that came with some "daily spreads" for $4. Uh, no. I just needed some PLAIN bread, that would have cost them pennies. Also, they were out of the daily special by the time we were seated at 7:15. That is way too early on a Saturday to run out of a special. So while the food was very good, they lose a point from me for these lapses.Special Features:
- Always a gem60640dinerDined on 8/1/2014From the wonderful homemade pasta dishes to the creative salads and hearty entrees, everything is interesting and delicious at this Lincoln Square bistro. I have been in every season, tried everything on the menu as it changes. It is always consistently great and served with great hospitality and warmth.Special Features:
- Boss knows bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Not really sure about this place and why it received such good reviews. The food was average at best. The menu was limited, so you would think that what they did would be fantastic, but everything was just a little off. To sum it up, when I asked for ice tea, i was told they didn't have any. So I said how about some hot tea and a glass of ice. The server responded with it would make the boss unhappy. Knowing that keeping the boss happy and not the customer told me all i needed to know. We won't be back.
- many gourmet touchesHeyJudeVIPDined on 7/26/2014I went here for a weekend dinner during an early time slot which ensured good street parking. It is small with a nice outdoor patio. The air conditioning is set to just make sure it is not humid inside, not to actually cool the place much. The chef has put a nice, special spin onmenu items, even the"standards" ex: caprese salad used assorted heirloom tomatoes & a delicious balsamic glaze; calamari included capers, lightly fried olives, fried basil, & thin fried/lightly breaded lemon slices. Amish roast chicken = moist, served w delicious potatoes & a thyme "sauce / smear". Short rib ravioli = tasty but I would not order it again. Nice wines to select among & some good pairings. Ricotta donut dolci =disappointing. Service wonderful.Special Features:
- slow, but worth ittukkaDined on 7/25/2014The food was great. But it took a long time to get it! Most of my table was getting very impatient.Special Features:
- Mediocre Pasta Outstanding ChickenTennistaindianaVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our intention was to have great pasta, however, we were blown away by the outstanding amish chicken. While the pasta was overcooked and somewhat dry even with a ragu the chicken had a beautifully crispy skin with moist meat inside covered in a tasty house sauce. The restaurant may be overpriced when including wine. For 4 people our tab was $280 not including tip. This included 2 bottles of wine which they have a good selection of. If you are looking for great Italian food this may not be the place however the meat selections are very good. The apps are also outstanding.Special Features:
- surprisingly cozyBrowneVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything the other reviewers have said that is good is true. A hidden gem that I hope survives a long time. Our standby is Bistro Campagne, but we decided to try this place because of the reviews. The gnocchi rivals Spiaggia, the waitress was spot on when she said it's not gummy or dense. The caprese was fresh and the tomatoes had flavor! The frizette was a remarkably light starter even though it was a lamb ragout and cheese fritter. Now I have two standbys, right next door to each other, in Lincoln square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian FareWinedudeVIPDined on 7/20/2014We are regulars here and we have never been disappointed. Great food (antipasti, pastas, main courses, desserts) and friendly service. They have a very moderately priced wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due Lire iciousfoodzDined on 7/19/2014Have sat on the patio twice, both times near dusk and found the atmosphere to be perfect. As the sun goes down and the lights go up, the candles and well lit mural provide a very peaceful and warming atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and genuine, and make you feel at ease regardless of your knowledge of fancy Italian and gourmet words or wine lexicon. None of this, however, compares to the quality of the food. I'm not sure if the food melts in my mouth or I, myself, am melting. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood gemMikeBikerVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food is consistently wonderful. This is not your average large plate typical American/Italian run-of-the-mill kind of place. There is a lot of thought in each plating and the menu items are very creative (the Pappardelle with wild boar and short rib Ravioli we have had many times and they are perfectly done with fresh pasta). Prices are very reasonable including a nice selection of wines by the bottle most around $30-40. Ambiance is nice and basic for a casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, VERY loud this timeRobDargelDined on 7/3/2014We always enjoy the food but this time it was somewhat less inspired and it was VERY noisy due to a large drunk party of 10. Some customers relocated across the dining room but it remained way too loud for us to enjoy our dinner and conversation. Service was good, as usual. The caprese salad with burrata mozzarella was superb. The special pasta, cavatelle with duck bolognese was boring. The chicken was good. We will return because its always great but this night, not so much.Special Features:
- BobNVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had dinner on their patio this week and it was an absolutely delightful experience. The waitstaff provided great recommendations for food and wine. The weather for the evening was great and we were allowed to dine at a leisurely pace to enjoy the experience. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Lincoln Square findDeenaDined on 6/15/2014It was a very pleasant place to dine and it was even on Father's Day! Good service and very good food. We are from LA and we were staying in the area so we met a friend who lives in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot Find Anything WrongMichaeljm4VIPDined on 6/15/2014Outstanding place for before or after shows at the Old Town School. Serrvice was fast and impacable with all our waiters recommendations being spot on. Will recommend to my friends without hesitation.Special Features:
- Very happy customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Excellent dining expierence. We had the seafood risotto, the spinach wilted cod with capers, and the carmalized brussel sprouts. They were fabulous. It was a perfect night to sit outside in the back patio as well. Our server, Justin, was very nice and gave us great advice. We will be eating here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TravelLoverDined on 6/6/2014Our first time here and it won't be our last. The service was excellent, with a great explanation of the dishes and specials and how they are prepared. As others commented the short rib ravioli was fantastic. The other ravioli dish was also very tasty. One in our party did not think his dish was as good (perhaps it was the Pappardelle?), but we also loved the appetizers - especially the POlpettine - veal ricotta meatballs. As someone who generally does not like Calamari, I thought it was quite good - not rubbery. We left to go to a concert and came back two hours later for dessert and that too, did not disappoint. The servers were terrific, friendly and funny. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Off night?MDSquaredVIPDined on 6/3/2014I've been here before and enjoyed it immensely. However, this time the service was glacially slow (30" between soup and entree), the soup was lukewarm and the pasta sauce was watery. I think they quickly cooked and sauced the pasta when I asked when my entree was coming. Outdoor patio is pleasant enough though my view was of a garbage can in the alley.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodTarsVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were a group of 6 that had a wonderful patio dining experience at Due Lire. Our waiter was attentive and had a fun sense of humor. He took good care of us, made some excellent recommendations, and helped make our dining experience memorable. We had the calamari appetizer that was well prepared and very good. All of our group had pastas, and they were really good. I would recommend Due Lire to anyone that wants good quality Italian food.Special Features:
- Great food, bad accousticsBabsDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service but it is a very live room for sound. A lot of hard surfaces with a slanted ceiling made conversation difficult. We were in the little alcove in the back and I am not sure if the sound was intensified in that area. Even so we will return for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Italian FoodSunshineVIPDined on 5/24/2014The homemade tortellini was fabulous! The pistachio gelato was the perfect end to a very good meal.Special Features:
- Loved this Italian gemMichaelPVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our aim was to eat somewhere none of us had been, so we rolled the dice with an Open Table recommendation. We were very pleased with the top-notch service and tasty pasta dishes. We loved the ravioli stuffed with short ribs, fluffy gnocchi with bolognese sauce, and pappardelle with wild boar ragout - delicious and sharable for 4 of us. We then shared an order of tagliata and pork rolle - both were good but not as great as the pastas. The wine list was quite accessible and affordable - we had a bottle of Italian chardonnay and Tuscan red. Highly recommended, and it is now on our list of regular visits!Special Features:
- It's about the pastaHarrietVIPDined on 5/23/2014The pasta is home-made. That is all I need to know. There is a difference! The rest of the food is quite excellent. The menu is small and very Italian as is the reasonably priced wine list!Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Due Lire reviews archive.
- Sat night special.Luv2eatwellVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food great, service too. Very accommodating, we were a party if 10. Service was very personable. Great list of menu items and what foods safe to eat for allergies or alternate diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great undiscovered eateryXavier2Dined on 5/14/2014Excellent food that is out of the ordinary Italian dishes. Service and quality for food was excellent. A definite must.Special Features:
- Chicago brunchRetiredvisitortochicagoDined on 5/11/2014Mothers day brunch menu so this is limited to thoses choices. I was disappointed with the egg, spinach mushroom meal. Too much Gorgonzola and eggs too dry. The toast was burned and no butter or jam was offered. No salt or pepper on the table. My daughter had very good French toast but my wife's eggs benedict was below average in taste. For the cost and the occasion it was a letdown. Waitress was very good so we made no complaint to her. I cannot recommend based on our experience. It may be that for an Italian dinner it would be much better. I think the restaurant may have been trying to do something outside its area of expertise.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014This spot is perfect for a night out on the town or when looking for a guaranteed good meal. The service is great, the food is fantastic and the wine list (although hard to read) is perfection!Special Features:
- Fantastico!FreebirdDined on 4/26/2014The food was fab but our server, Susie, was really the element that made our dinner special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood gemMikeBikerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Second time back and will return. The short rib ravioli is one of the best I have had anywhere. This is a small place in the Lincoln Square area. Very casual, can get quite loud at times. The prices are very reasonable, even the nice selection of regional wines.Special Features:
- ExcellentJacquotDined on 4/20/2014Home made pasta, beautiful salads, nice outdoor eating area (except the tables should be levelled). Good service, not rushed, quiet.Special Features:
- beyond expectations!DineeeDined on 4/20/2014Easter dinner OUT is a tough call..being Italian, we always cook this day...this year not.. So...we were expecting alot..and this charming place delivered. Our party of 4 mostly had the place to ourselves..too bad for those who did not venture out! The staff, waiter and busboy were attentive, talkative, and knowledgeable...asked us questions and made thoughtful recommendations. The food was superior..THE BEST gnocchi we have ever had.. perfect soft little pillows in a mild bolognese.....better than any other here in Chicago, NYC..or Italy for that matter. The burrata and heirloom salad a delight, and the entree choices of roast chicken and lamb chops were perfect. Kudos to the chef! We will go back soon..nothing not to love!Special Features:
- Great BrunchKel1Dined on 4/20/2014Fabulous Eggs Benedict; delicious sausage and peppers on grilled bread; incredible homemade donuts. Loved it!Special Features:
- ConfusingfoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our server was very attentive and the food was good, nothing exceptional, but when the red wine we ordered arrived cold in even colder glasses our server told us to try warming them next to our candle. She never apologized or offered to bring us new glasses. We found that very strange and lowered our thoughts on the restaurant considerably.
- Great little Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2014Great little place and we look forward to going back. The Wednesday special half-price on bottles of wine makes a mid-week trip to Due Lire a good idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter/server was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/5/2014Our waiter/server was great! Food was outstanding - totally enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely slowly savored dinner...CarlaVZVIPDined on 4/4/2014Eating is becoming something at which Americans are getting better...this was serve slowly with plenty of time for wine and or conversation. . .and the food is worth waiting for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.