4520 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.due-lire.com/
- Phone: (773) 275-7878
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Make DueLire Your Own! Looking for a unique space for your next private party? Private luncheons or full restaurant buy-outs are available. Contact Massimo at email@example.com or call us 773.278.7575 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Di Voulo 7732757878x
- Special Events: WINE WEDNESDAYS
Join us every Wednesday for half price bottles of wine.
A word from Due Lire
Welcome to Due Lire Vino & Cucina, located in the vibrant Chicago neighborhood of Lincoln Square. Our dynamic menu highlights authentic Italian recipes made with seasonal and local ingredients with a contemporary twist. Indulge in a variety of dishes from antipastas and crostoni to homemade pasta and desserts.Continued
Bring your friends, meet new ones, celebrate life through great food, wine and entertaining conversation. We look forward to seeing you!
Bring your friends, meet new ones, celebrate life through great food, wine and entertaining conversation. We look forward to seeing you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Lire reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (28)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)special occasion (25)good for groups (13)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2014Second time at this terrific restaurant and I enjoyed it immensely. Wonderful food, excellent service. Never rushed. My first visit was on a Saturday - this visit was early in the week. The noise level was so much better! On the weekend it's so packed and the noise level is so high it's difficult to carry on a conversation. Overall though, a great restaurant any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreDonnDined on 11/6/2014The food was too salty, service was slow (even though we told the waiter we had a 7 pm show to get to), and nothing was exceptional. It was also too loud. Nothing to recommend it.
- Really Good...Stu63Dined on 10/24/2014Due Lire has excellent food and wines and lovely service. It's a bit small--that's the only problem I could come up with!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Very good food and wine, outstanding service! A bit too noisy to have a conversation without feeling like we were yelling. I'll go back during the week in the hopes that it won't be so crowded and therefore, loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due Lire -- tre stelleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Creative but grounded Italian cuisine. Feels like a family restaurant. We don't come too often, but we're always remembered. Very good wine list. Very good value for such excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food in the Cityluv2dineDined on 10/15/2014This is the second time I've been to Due Lire and I have to say that after the first time, I couldn't wait to come back. I literally dreamt about the food.... I am a French native and my girlfriend is from Italy so we have a unique perspective on food and we are both in love with this place. Even my girlfriend says it is truly authentic cuisine. The owner of the place is Italian and comes around to chat with people; the waiters are all very knowledgeable about the menu and wines; overall the service is great. It's a small restaurant so make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliversWinedudeVIPDined on 10/10/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in the city. Great food, reasonable prices, always friendly service, and a nice wine list. What more can you ask for? Oh, yes, there is a parking lot right across the street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy but NoisyBsquare1Dined on 10/10/2014Light Italian fare; due to limited restaurant space, noise level can get way too high. Abundant selection of reasonable wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buonissima!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014Delicious food with perfect pasta. The outdoor space needs a little work, but it is a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home made pastaHarrietVIPDined on 9/23/2014There is nothing better than home made pasta! With that said there are very Italian restaurants that make all their own pasta. Some merely make the ravioli or the special of the day. Here it is all home made and delicious. The wine list is mostly small vintners, well priced and excellent. The outdoor garden is lovely.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurantterryPVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food and service were excellent. Don't know what took us so long to find it!Special Features:
- Great partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went to Due Lire for a bachelorette party with 7 people and had a great experience. The waiter was fun and gave good recommendations for food and wine. Great portion sizes so you get to have homemade pasta with good ingredients but not feel overwhemingly full on it. The ambiance was great and we felt like we could take our time. They also served a cake we brought in ahead of time for us, which I appreciated. Overall, they made it a really nice experience for the bride and all of us. I plan to return again in the future.Special Features:
- Party on my pallette!!!lovesfoodnwineDined on 8/28/2014I am in love with Due Lire. I want to marry it. The food is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to go back. Well done Massimo!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014It was a good late night dinner. Good service. Nice backyard seating. Nothing spectacular but nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall Italian FareMikeBikerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good place to have well prepared Italian specialties. Not your typical lasagna or meat ball place...wild boar ragu pappardelle special kind of place! Very casual with very affordable wine options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceSpotDined on 8/15/2014We had been to Due Lire a number of times but never in the warm months and we were asked if we wanted to sit outside. It was perfectly lovely and the food was outstanding. Our server was very well versed in all the specials and their ingredients which made choosing an entree very easy. We try and visit this restaurant every time we have tickets to plays or shows in the area and we cannot wait to return to Due Lire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Patio Challengeneighborhoodf00dieDined on 8/9/2014Just note that if you want to enjoy the beautiful outdoor dining space, it is not honored in reservations and there will still be a wait. Patio is first come first serve.Special Features:
- No bread?PickyDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014The burrata special and the short rib ravioli with porcini mushroom sauce were both excellent -- but both cried out for a small hunk of bread to sop up the excess sauce. I have NEVER been to an Italian restaurant that did not provide some complimentary bread when asked. Here, they wanted me to order grilled Italian bread that came with some "daily spreads" for $4. Uh, no. I just needed some PLAIN bread, that would have cost them pennies. Also, they were out of the daily special by the time we were seated at 7:15. That is way too early on a Saturday to run out of a special. So while the food was very good, they lose a point from me for these lapses.Special Features:
- Always a gem60640dinerDined on 8/1/2014From the wonderful homemade pasta dishes to the creative salads and hearty entrees, everything is interesting and delicious at this Lincoln Square bistro. I have been in every season, tried everything on the menu as it changes. It is always consistently great and served with great hospitality and warmth.Special Features:
- Boss knows bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Not really sure about this place and why it received such good reviews. The food was average at best. The menu was limited, so you would think that what they did would be fantastic, but everything was just a little off. To sum it up, when I asked for ice tea, i was told they didn't have any. So I said how about some hot tea and a glass of ice. The server responded with it would make the boss unhappy. Knowing that keeping the boss happy and not the customer told me all i needed to know. We won't be back.
- The following 149 reviews are from the Due Lire reviews archive.
- many gourmet touchesHeyJudeVIPDined on 7/26/2014I went here for a weekend dinner during an early time slot which ensured good street parking. It is small with a nice outdoor patio. The air conditioning is set to just make sure it is not humid inside, not to actually cool the place much. The chef has put a nice, special spin onmenu items, even the"standards" ex: caprese salad used assorted heirloom tomatoes & a delicious balsamic glaze; calamari included capers, lightly fried olives, fried basil, & thin fried/lightly breaded lemon slices. Amish roast chicken = moist, served w delicious potatoes & a thyme "sauce / smear". Short rib ravioli = tasty but I would not order it again. Nice wines to select among & some good pairings. Ricotta donut dolci =disappointing. Service wonderful.Special Features:
- slow, but worth ittukkaDined on 7/25/2014The food was great. But it took a long time to get it! Most of my table was getting very impatient.Special Features:
- Mediocre Pasta Outstanding ChickenTennistaindianaVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our intention was to have great pasta, however, we were blown away by the outstanding amish chicken. While the pasta was overcooked and somewhat dry even with a ragu the chicken had a beautifully crispy skin with moist meat inside covered in a tasty house sauce. The restaurant may be overpriced when including wine. For 4 people our tab was $280 not including tip. This included 2 bottles of wine which they have a good selection of. If you are looking for great Italian food this may not be the place however the meat selections are very good. The apps are also outstanding.Special Features:
- surprisingly cozyBrowneVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything the other reviewers have said that is good is true. A hidden gem that I hope survives a long time. Our standby is Bistro Campagne, but we decided to try this place because of the reviews. The gnocchi rivals Spiaggia, the waitress was spot on when she said it's not gummy or dense. The caprese was fresh and the tomatoes had flavor! The frizette was a remarkably light starter even though it was a lamb ragout and cheese fritter. Now I have two standbys, right next door to each other, in Lincoln square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian FareWinedudeVIPDined on 7/20/2014We are regulars here and we have never been disappointed. Great food (antipasti, pastas, main courses, desserts) and friendly service. They have a very moderately priced wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due Lire iciousfoodzDined on 7/19/2014Have sat on the patio twice, both times near dusk and found the atmosphere to be perfect. As the sun goes down and the lights go up, the candles and well lit mural provide a very peaceful and warming atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and genuine, and make you feel at ease regardless of your knowledge of fancy Italian and gourmet words or wine lexicon. None of this, however, compares to the quality of the food. I'm not sure if the food melts in my mouth or I, myself, am melting. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood gemMikeBikerVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food is consistently wonderful. This is not your average large plate typical American/Italian run-of-the-mill kind of place. There is a lot of thought in each plating and the menu items are very creative (the Pappardelle with wild boar and short rib Ravioli we have had many times and they are perfectly done with fresh pasta). Prices are very reasonable including a nice selection of wines by the bottle most around $30-40. Ambiance is nice and basic for a casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, VERY loud this timeRobDargelDined on 7/3/2014We always enjoy the food but this time it was somewhat less inspired and it was VERY noisy due to a large drunk party of 10. Some customers relocated across the dining room but it remained way too loud for us to enjoy our dinner and conversation. Service was good, as usual. The caprese salad with burrata mozzarella was superb. The special pasta, cavatelle with duck bolognese was boring. The chicken was good. We will return because its always great but this night, not so much.Special Features:
- BobNVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had dinner on their patio this week and it was an absolutely delightful experience. The waitstaff provided great recommendations for food and wine. The weather for the evening was great and we were allowed to dine at a leisurely pace to enjoy the experience. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Lincoln Square findDeenaDined on 6/15/2014It was a very pleasant place to dine and it was even on Father's Day! Good service and very good food. We are from LA and we were staying in the area so we met a friend who lives in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot Find Anything WrongMichaeljm4VIPDined on 6/15/2014Outstanding place for before or after shows at the Old Town School. Serrvice was fast and impacable with all our waiters recommendations being spot on. Will recommend to my friends without hesitation.Special Features:
- Very happy customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Excellent dining expierence. We had the seafood risotto, the spinach wilted cod with capers, and the carmalized brussel sprouts. They were fabulous. It was a perfect night to sit outside in the back patio as well. Our server, Justin, was very nice and gave us great advice. We will be eating here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TravelLoverDined on 6/6/2014Our first time here and it won't be our last. The service was excellent, with a great explanation of the dishes and specials and how they are prepared. As others commented the short rib ravioli was fantastic. The other ravioli dish was also very tasty. One in our party did not think his dish was as good (perhaps it was the Pappardelle?), but we also loved the appetizers - especially the POlpettine - veal ricotta meatballs. As someone who generally does not like Calamari, I thought it was quite good - not rubbery. We left to go to a concert and came back two hours later for dessert and that too, did not disappoint. The servers were terrific, friendly and funny. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Off night?MDSquaredVIPDined on 6/3/2014I've been here before and enjoyed it immensely. However, this time the service was glacially slow (30" between soup and entree), the soup was lukewarm and the pasta sauce was watery. I think they quickly cooked and sauced the pasta when I asked when my entree was coming. Outdoor patio is pleasant enough though my view was of a garbage can in the alley.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodTarsVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were a group of 6 that had a wonderful patio dining experience at Due Lire. Our waiter was attentive and had a fun sense of humor. He took good care of us, made some excellent recommendations, and helped make our dining experience memorable. We had the calamari appetizer that was well prepared and very good. All of our group had pastas, and they were really good. I would recommend Due Lire to anyone that wants good quality Italian food.Special Features:
- Great food, bad accousticsBabsDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service but it is a very live room for sound. A lot of hard surfaces with a slanted ceiling made conversation difficult. We were in the little alcove in the back and I am not sure if the sound was intensified in that area. Even so we will return for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Italian FoodSunshineVIPDined on 5/24/2014The homemade tortellini was fabulous! The pistachio gelato was the perfect end to a very good meal.Special Features:
- Loved this Italian gemMichaelPVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our aim was to eat somewhere none of us had been, so we rolled the dice with an Open Table recommendation. We were very pleased with the top-notch service and tasty pasta dishes. We loved the ravioli stuffed with short ribs, fluffy gnocchi with bolognese sauce, and pappardelle with wild boar ragout - delicious and sharable for 4 of us. We then shared an order of tagliata and pork rolle - both were good but not as great as the pastas. The wine list was quite accessible and affordable - we had a bottle of Italian chardonnay and Tuscan red. Highly recommended, and it is now on our list of regular visits!Special Features:
- It's about the pastaHarrietVIPDined on 5/23/2014The pasta is home-made. That is all I need to know. There is a difference! The rest of the food is quite excellent. The menu is small and very Italian as is the reasonably priced wine list!Special Features:
- Sat night special.Luv2eatwellVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food great, service too. Very accommodating, we were a party if 10. Service was very personable. Great list of menu items and what foods safe to eat for allergies or alternate diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.