106 E. 6th St.
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dueforni.com/
- Phone: (512) 391-9300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Carlos Buscaglia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Due Forni
Two Ovens. Two Types of Pizza. One Amazing Experience. Due Forni Pizza & Wine, is the only gourmet restaurant in the United States utilizing a new model of dual custom-designed Napolitano brick ovens to create authentic Neapolitan and Roman pizza in the heart of downtown Austin. Due Forni’s menu features Neapolitan and Roman pizzas, roasted steak, fish, and chicken, bufala mozzarella bar, inventive appetizers and salads and gnocchi available throughout the day. Due Forni’s Italian centric wine list offers over 40 wines by the glass as well as craft beers and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Forni reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)good for groups (25)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (23)romantic (14)hot spot (14)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Best Pizza in ATX ...foodie4everDined on 11/21/2014Our first time at Due Forni -- Friday evening dinner ... Review?? One word -- incredible!! Went with a large party, which worked out great because we were able to try about 1/3 of the menu!! Appetizers ... Kale Salad, really good, but not my thing; Beets Salad, delish, none better; Popilpo (octopus salad), to die for, best I've ever had; Carpaccio, also one of the best ever; Polpette (meatballs), sublime, awesome marinara sauce. Whew!! Took a short break before the pizzas arrived!! LOL All I can say about the pizza is AMAZING ... no matter the toppings, no matter the crust, hands down the best in Austin in my book!! We had the Due Forni (restaurant namesake), Margherita, Bianca Al Prosciutto Cotto, Tartufo, and Prosciutto e Rucola ... every single pizza, melt in your mouth ... just like you'd get in Italy. We had both the Neapolitan and Roman crusts, and both were superb!! They use different temp ovens for the different crusts (one oven 500 degrees, the other 900 degrees). Overall food rating -- 5 stars ++ ... Ambiance is very warm. They updated the space from the old Lou's 106, included hanging light fixtures throughout the restaurant, which was great as the old space had really high ceilings, and the use of the light fixtures brought the level of the ceiling way down -- much more friendly space. The noise level is kind of high, which was only a problem for us because we had a large group that was spread out about 12 feet from one end of the table to the other; but, not a major negative!! Ehsan, the GM, and Zac, the Manager, were both very friendly and gracious. We identified ourselves as first time guests upon arrival, and they went above and beyond to ensure our comfort, enjoyment, our understanding of the menu, and finally, our total satisfaction with the whole experience!!! Who could ask for anything more!! What an awesome find for gourmet Neapolitan-style pizza in Austin, no more driving to DFW or SATX for Neapolitan-style heaven!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna of the day will change your life!DaveAtTheWVIPDined on 11/20/2014Due Forni is named for its two pizza ovens that turn out two distinct types of pizza. But honestly, i can't get past the lasagna of the day! it is incredible. On this visit it was a spiced pork belly lasagna for lunch that was truly exceptional. My friend had the polpo salad, which was also amazing. I haven't had the opportunity to go for dinner (and explore the wine list) yet, but I will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza. Still thinking about it!FoodyVIPDined on 11/16/2014Love love love this pizza. Can't wait to go back. I'm really craving this pizza and have been telling my work colleagues all about it this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spaghetti western!DannyDined on 11/15/2014Our server was well informed and had good suggestions on what pizza topping to get with what crust. The octopus salad is a must! Good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing pizzaDisappointedVIPDined on 11/14/2014I tend to be picky when it comes to pizza. I am Italian (born and raised in Rome) and if I see on the menu 'Roman style pizza doug', I expect it to be the same kind I would be served in my hometown. That is, a crispy and thin pizza! The Due Forni pizza was tough and thick. A disappointment.
- Excellent all around.MolachaiDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful atmosphere, great food, excellent service. Had the spare rib lasagna; tasty tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 900 degrees!?!?CraftyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Due Forni offers a nice selection of pizzas as well as a very limited entree menu of pastas and proteins. We ordered two pizzas as appetizers for our group of six and they were delivered to our table faster than ordering a Big Mac. Our waiter described two ovens... one at 500 degrees and the other at 900 degrees for Neopolitan crust. Both were excellent. Stick with the pizzas and you cannot go wrong at Due Forni.Special Features:
- ExcellentLoveroffoodDined on 10/18/2014Service, food, drinks were all great! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats at Due Forni!oenophileVIPDined on 10/14/2014This was our first visit to Due Forni, and we will definitely return! The beets salad was terrific, and we really enjoyed the pizzas too (Due Forni and Bianca al Prosciutto Cotto). Great choice for pizza in downtown Austin.Special Features:
- excellent every time!nicusmaximusDined on 10/9/2014The food here is primo, best meatballs in Austin. Do yourself a favor and eat hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot...honestabeDined on 10/9/2014In downtown Austin for a night and found this place on line. It was a Thursday night and the restaurant was very quiet. Made a reservation but definately wasn't necessary. A few people in the bar and only a couple of other tables other than ours. Service was good, as one would expect with the small crowd. Food was good as well. Had their new bruchetta appetizer, shared a caesar salad and their Due Forni pizza. Wine selection is pretty good but on the pricey side. Food with three glasses of wine and tip = $83.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional PizzakiblingDined on 10/6/2014Limited, but very good choices on the menu. The pizza is noteworthy.Special Features:
- A fair restaurantQuinoDined on 10/5/2014The food was good, certainly netter than I expected. The menu was very limited, as was the wine list. The place is an american place with Italian expctations. The ony real Italian thing is the name of the place.Special Features:
- pleasant surprisegarngarnDined on 10/5/2014This place is much more than pizza and wine which the name suggests; they have a handful of great entrees and appetizers, but an odd mix of dessert choices. Service is also professional. We've been back twice and have several more friend to introduce to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They need lots of helpIndustryInsiderDined on 9/27/2014Brought a party of 15 Saturday night. Reservation was for 8:30pm and we weren't sat until 9:30pm. We were given one server who clearly could not handle a group of our size. He constantly told us he was flustered and his job was so stressful. Coming from the service industry, I get that it is a hard job. But as guests, we should not have to hear it from him constantly. Friends were given food while 2 of our guests waited 20 extra minutes for theirs'. Drinks were wrong. Dinner (which was just entrees, no apps) too 2 hours. It was just a mess and I won't be back.
- Good food at reasonable pricePatiLouDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Due Forni -- we had a large group on a Saturday night. Great service, excellent pizzas and salads. Very reasonably priced and terrific location off Congress and 6th street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The Neapolitan Margherita is fantastic and should not be missedSpecial Features:
- Pizza just OKLuvitalianDined on 9/12/2014We tried both styles of their pizza crust. The Roman was crispy and a bit dry. The neopolitan was chewy with a crisp outer crust. I preferred the neopolitan even though it was a bit salty and got soggy quickly. We had a good arugula salad. The balsamic dressing was delicious. It's an ok place for pizza. Menu selection is limited and parking downtown is horrible so we probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerskiblingDined on 9/9/2014the pizza from the special ovens was very good. we shared the beet & fig salad which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time to visit - very pleased!etxgrlVIPDined on 9/9/2014We like the layout and decor. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable - made excellent recommendations. The lamb shank lasagna was absolutely fabulous!!!! The lasagna changes daily so I hope this one stays in the rotation.Special Features:
- Unmet expectationsPizzaDivaVIPDined on 9/7/2014I had watched the ovens go in at Due Forni and had wanted to visit for some time. Alas, while the concepts are great, this restaurant falls short. Service was terrible- 4 minutes before a server appeared to greet us and take drink orders, 12 minutes until he returned with two glasses of wine and a bottle of sparkling water. We loved the straciatella (best thing all night!) but the margherita pizza had a funny taste and the vegetable pizza was completely soggy. The 90 sec pizzas took 40 minutes to arrive. So disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Great 4 cheese pizza. Pizza expensive for small (12") size
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Every time we dine at Due Forni, it's an amazing experience. The food is delicious and consistent every time! This restaurant offers the best service out of any restaurants I've dined at in Austin! Way to go!Special Features:
- Wet,doughy pizza? This is the placeOnlyifitsfreeDined on 8/30/2014Maybe a glass of wine, ( cost a lot) but make sure you get what you ordered, as we had 3 glasses of wine, all different, the difficulty is that they were all red wines, so no one at our table got the wine they ordered. Appetizers were ok, but when they finely picked up the dishes, they forgot to. Wipe the table, and we spent another 15 minutes waiting for our check while looking at a dirty table...don't be mislead by the pictures of food, the pizzas were raw,wet,doughty,and greasy....Special Features:
- Amazing Austin restaurantChivasDined on 8/29/2014In downtown Austin, it's not easy to be a stand-out place, but Due Forni is definitely that. The food is absolutely amazing, the atmosphere is great and the service is spectacular. Pricing is right- it's not cheap, but you never feel gouged. You're going to get your money's worth here and then some.Special Features:
- ExcellentMichaelBKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Knowledgeable wait staff, always well informed and helpful. The food is always good!Special Features:
- Great food / placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This was our 2nd time to due forni and both times were very enjoyable. The meatball appetizer was my favorite. The pizzas were great: I like Neopolatan crust and my wife likes the Romana, so it works out great. the location is in the heart of downtown on 6th making it a good place to go to after work or before a night on the town. Great place, and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This pizza rocks!ThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 8/3/2014Shared truffle pizza (roman style) and lasagne special. Both were excellent. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- ATXwinoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a great meal. These are real pizzas - the way pizza is meant to be, none of this giant-sliced, sloppy, fold-it-in-half junk so prevalent around town... We just returned from two weeks in Italy, and had fantastic pizzas, among other foods of course. The pizza we had at Due Forni was on par with those we ate in Italy. Wholesome goodness made with ingredients imported from Italy. Hands down, the best pizza I've had in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Due Forni reviews archive.
- Loved it!Foodie4lifeDined on 7/11/2014Service and the food were fantastic. Great place to take a date or a group, they really know how to take care of people. The sushi style carpaccio was really a treat. Our group ordered four different pizzas to share and they were all delicious. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not one of Austin's bestHappyeatersDined on 7/4/2014It was just OK. Service was just OK, food was good but not great... Considering there are so many delicious and amazing places to eat in Austin I wouldn't rush back here or tell friends it's a must try.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Tasty and delicious food, wonderful and professional service, and nice ambience! The overall price was a little high, but my boyfriend and I had a lovely date night at Due Forni.Special Features:
- Great servicedebcVIPDined on 6/28/2014It was our first time here so I appreciated the careful explanation of the menu by our server. The burrata was excellent. The gnocchi was good, but not a traditional one. Pizza was enjoyed by other members of my party.Special Features:
- Awesome restauranteaheideDined on 6/28/2014We were really pleasantly suprised on how great it was after the reading the reviews. This place is not expensive at all. Of course it's not Dominos, but for the food quality, my husband and I, actually thought it was a great deal. Must try the Mussarela Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itDoodleDined on 6/15/2014The pizza was overpriced and nothing to talk about. The general manager instead of listening to feedback insisted that his pricing reflects the model of their Las Vegas location and they fly in their special mozzarella. That's sad as Austin is so much a keep it local community, why not use our local vendors and keep your pricing down?Special Features:
- overpriced pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2014The pizza is good but nothing different from any other "Neapolitan" style pizza. the restaurant is pretentious and they try and oversell to increase your bill. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- susiekaratVIPDined on 5/31/2014Pizza and pork belly and meatballs delicious !!! Second time there and ready to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyJVIPDined on 5/24/2014Attentive service and great food with a nice selection of gourmet pizzas . We had the Speck and it was exactly what we were craving!
- Very goodVictordDined on 5/22/2014The pizza was great and the dessert Nutella pizza is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Roman-style crustSnacksterSandraDined on 5/20/2014Tried the procuitto pizza on a roman crust. It was amazing! I will definitely go back for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.