67 E Gay Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.due-amici.com/
- Phone: 6142249373x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- The bar stays open 1 hour later than the dining room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mike Black
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer an exciting cuisine with exceptional service. Menu options are extensive, as well as customizable. We are able to accommodate both small and large parties, and if necessary, we will take care of all the details. Please contact Lexie Gantzer at 614-638-6884 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: In Privato, you can enjoy exceptional Italian cuisine with smart, contemporary style in downtown Columbus. Our simple, but modern private room is easily transformed into any type of event. The uncomplicated decor and urban environment will invite you in, whether you are conducting a business dinner, celebrating a birthday or enjoying a company holiday party. Hardwood floors, exposed brick and low-lighting all accent our distinct and unique event space. The private room can accommodate up to 60 people for a seated function and up to 80 people for a reception style event. We also offer our dining room as a private option for larger events and as a semi-private option when the private room is already reserved. We provide a variety of seasonal appetizer and menu options to choose from. Also included in the room is a separate audio-visual system, complete with a DJ board, microphone, DVD player and projector. Please contact Lexie Gantzer for guidelines and current package options.
- Private Party Contact: Lexie Gantzer 6146386884x
- Entertainment: Live jazz every Monday night starting at 6pm.
- Special Events: Bloody Mary Brunch - Saturdays & Sundays 11am-4pm
1 brunch item + 1 brunch cocktail = $15
Happy Hour - Monday-Friday 4-7pm
2 for 1 pizzas & appetizers
Available in bar area only
Uncorked - Monday nights
1/2 off bottles of wine & champagne
live jazz at 6pm
Text DUEAMICI 465637 to receive updates on special events & promotions.
- Cross Street: 3rd and High
- Public Transit: Please visit www.cota.com for bus times and routes.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available Monday through Saturday starting at 5pm for $5. Parking options include, but are not limited to, metered parking on the street, a pay lot across the street from the restaurant and 2 parking garages located one block north on Long St.
A word from Due Amici
Enjoy Italian cuisine with smart, contemporary style in downtown Columbus. The atmosphere of fine dining comes at an affordable price. Whether you lounge on the leather chairs, sit at the engaging community table or pull up a stool to the bar, you and your guests can enjoy our unique bar and lounge atmosphere. Accompany any of our appetizers with one of our house-infused vodkas. Relax and enjoy our comfy chairs while you dine on our unique seasonal offerings in our intimate dining room. Privato, our simple but modern private room is easily transformed into any type of private event. Our uncomplicated decor and urban atmosphere will invite you in, whether you are having a business meeting or a gathering with old friends. Hardwood floors, exposed brick and low-lighting all accent our distinctive and unique restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Amici reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (25)romantic (18)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Amazing service, delicious foodBrooksDined on 9/13/2014I've frequented Due Amici in the past, and they never fail to impress. Joshua our server was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Ambience!cornell1Dined on 9/13/2014This is a great, romantic restaurant with a real urban vibe. It's quite loud, but it's what you'd expect in this type of establishment. The service was quick and super-friendly. It's definitely pricey, but, again, it's what you'd expect from a city restaurant. I'll definitely return when I have a special occassion to celebrate. Check it out if you love a vibrant scene! (But be prepared to lip-read!) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a date night.commonmanDined on 9/12/2014We got the calamari for an appetizer and was very good. I had the veal which was very good and cook perfectly. The prosciutto mash potatoes were under seasoned but good.Special Features:
- Great experienceJoeDVIPDined on 9/7/2014I visited this location for the 3rd time - and as always we had a great experience. Food and service was fantastic. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character. Great food. A bit priceyJoeyDined on 9/2/2014This is the third time we have been to Due Amici's. Its a "special occasion" restaurant although if I lived downtown I could see us going there more often. We normally go later in the evening but this time we met our daughter for dinner right after work so the crowd had not yet arrived. We pretty much had the waiter all to ourselves. We received great service. The food was excellent. The old brick building with brick walls and extremely high ceilings provides lots of character and charm. They make an excellent gin martini. We have never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, hit or miss foodhhill1Dined on 8/28/2014From the moment that Catherine (sp.?) seated us, we knew that we would be well taken care of. It was a beautiful but warm early evening, so she suggested sitting at a corner table inside by a window instead of outside--it was perfect. Joshua soon relieved any lingering concerns we may have had about slow service (from reading other reviews). He was always at our table when we needed him and invisible otherwise--attentive but never hovering. My white cioppino was excellent, with perfectly cooked fish and mussels. The calamari were tasty but limp. My wife's soup was not particularly flavorful, but her mussels (cooked in ouzo???) were a disappointment. We will come back, but make better choices next time.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our evenings hereFJMoriccaDined on 8/15/2014There are a lot of places to get a good meal in Columbus. Due Amici is one of the better ones. Every time we are there we leave really pleased. It doesn't matter if it is just the two of us or a large group, the meal is always very good. Great wine selection, GF choices for my wife and a cool vibe.Special Features:
- Best meal ever at Due.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Eggplant special was outstanding. Great waitress. Great bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Great under pressure!McKMcKDined on 8/13/2014We went for dinner before the Steely Dann concert, and so did everybody else in the restaurant! They went from almost empty, to fully seated in a matter of minutes, which is very difficult for the servers and kitchen staff of any place to handle. Our server was great, and since we allowed plenty of time, we had no worries. Our dinners were good
- Good Business Lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Had an interview and they placed us towards the back and gave us peace and quite yet checked in on us as needed. Food was good. Olive oil is excellent.Special Features:
- Tomatoe Bisque SoupEmersonDined on 8/1/2014All of our food choices pleased our palates, but for me, it is the classic tomato soup with basil oil that draws me back to Due Amici. I grew up no caring for tomato soup; that changed the first time I had Due Amici's tomato soup; almost a tomato bisque. This evening's dining was topped by meeting new friends seated at the table adjacent to ours. We admired their food selections, then our friendship warmed as our conversation continued throughout the evening.Special Features:
- Another great mealBruceDined on 7/24/2014Took two freinds from Germany. We had salmon, chicken saltimbuca and Carbonara. All we perfectly cooked. Service was good and a smart bartender. Only minor complaint was the server had no knowledge of the bar history but she was very nice about it and ovrall very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014service is great and so is the food. outdoor and in door ambience is super and their specials are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decent customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My food was delicious but I was disappointed by my waiter. I didn't finish my meal and looked forward to taking it home but my waiter took my plate and threw my leftovers out rather than boxing them up. Then when she was asked about it her response was "did you ask for a box?" Other than that I loved the atmosphere. Some of the pasta dishes are on the smaller side portion wise but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBR62507Dined on 6/8/2014Great food. Fast service. Recommend for business guests and functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Attitude turn off.HungryBuckeyeDined on 6/7/2014Disappointed by server who argued over the taste of 2 dirty martinis. She had a bad attitude. Next rather than apologize and fix a problem, she tried to make our friends feel like it was their fault. When we pointed out a filthy glass was used to for a cocktail, rather than apologize again she acted put out. It was so bad we left and went to Tony's Italian Restaurant, where he had an amazing meal and great service.
- Always GreatMiamiConciergeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food is always fresh and well-prepared, interesting, yet uncomplicated. I think everyone should always start at the bar, where bartender Tim is the ultimate host. The dining room is great, and the patio is good for people-watching. Casually upscale environment--not too hip, not stuffy. We've always been happy here--brunch, birthdays, group events, dinner.Special Features:
- Great Place for Group LunchesDavis5470Dined on 6/6/2014Recently visited Due Amici for a celebratory group lunch. The staff as very accommodating to our needs. Additionally, the restaurant has an excellent layout for hosting large parties. As always the menu was great. They had a wonderful strawberry gazpacho soup that was incredibly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodDaveVIPDined on 5/31/2014We really enjoyed the overall experience of eating at this restaurant. We had the Lasagna and it was probably the best I've ever had. The bread, salad, wine and coffee were also very good.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Show SpotWilsopepperDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated our anniversary here, followed by a performance at CATCO. We were seated promptly and our server asked if we were seeing a show afterwards so that she could make sure we left in plenty of time. The food and atmosphere were great and the location to the theater was very convenient. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope to be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did we wait so long?!ReviewloverDined on 5/29/20141st time diners- why did we wait so long? Due Amici has been open for ten years and boy have we been missing out! The veal meatballs are a must as an app! The meat plate was yummy. Next time we'll order the cheese too! Nice selection of wines by the glass. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent, System crashDiningOutIsSpecialDined on 5/29/2014our visit was marred by the settling of the check. the credit card system crashed and we left with a written receipt. the staff then billed my card twice and i called to settle the account, which was taken care of within 24 hours. Too bad that the ending overshadowed an otherwise good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, not impressedSuburbanmomDined on 5/23/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. It definitely had the atmosphere to make it a notable hotspot. Several large groups were in the restaurant and this may have affected the poor service we received. We waited at the table for over 20 minutes with just water and olive oil… No drinks or bread. No apologies were given and the food was mediocre. Although the bread was hot and fabulous, and the atmosphere was everything I had expected, this is not a place I will visit again.Special Features:
- The following 899 reviews are from the Due Amici reviews archive.
- Very SatisfiedEdboDined on 5/21/2014First time here was a weeknight before a show at Ohio Theatre. We allowed two hour before show just to be safe. Would recommend that amount of time before a show...regardless of restaurant. Not overly crowded so everything went well from a timing standpoint. A couple minor glitches, but the server remedied immediately. Food was very good. Able to come up with a mixture of food that satisfied our light appetites.
- Pre theater dinnerOutOfTownerDined on 5/21/2014I used Open Table for the first time to make a reservation for an early dinner before a show at the Ohio Theater. It was a fine spring afternoon so we ate outside. I had insalata mista, roasted red pepper bisque, sage & sausage pizza. Salad was wilted and overdressed. The bisque had very good flavor and not heavy. On the pizza the tomato sauce and sage went missing. The sausage and cheese were over-applied so the plate was full of oil. I didn't complain because it was just pizza and I was looking forward to the show, but the waiter noticed the oil in the plate and took it off the check. Not great, but overall it was not bad pre-theater fare and I'd try them again maybe not so early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was above and beyond!BestServiceDined on 5/20/2014Server was the best I ever had. In addition, the server went down the street to get an expresso for my Brazilian guest since their expresso machine was out of service! Great place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JoeDVIPDined on 5/18/2014This was the second time I have dined at Due Amici. Excellent service and fantastic meal. Menu is somewhat limited, but sure to find something you would enjoy. Definitely would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Go-To Place DowntownMIC55Dined on 5/17/2014We go downtown about once a month and Due Amici is our go-to place for drinks or dinner. We really enjoy the atmosphere and the food is fantastic. My wife loves the Peach Cosmos at the bar and the wine list is good even though it is not that extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due AmiciBostonDined on 5/15/2014Service was sophisticated friendliness, the food was tasty, but it's kind amenities that make a meal an experience. This dining was merely a meal. Our wait staff did not refill our drinks, nor bring bread even though we asked. Portions were adequate but no flare. Valet parking-Superb. We were able to see our show at the Ohio Theatre and then return for our car.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDonJ7914Dined on 5/11/2014Made reservations for a late brunch (1:45 p) on Mother's Day. Menu selection was limited but varied so no problems and the food quality was good. However we were in the back room of the restaurant with no outside light. The music was loud enough to make a normal conversation a bit of a challenge even though there were many open tables in the room. The service was pleasant but very slow (food took an hour+) and drink glasses were not filled or checked regularly - wife's water glass was empty for 10+ minutes and we had to flag a waiter to get it filled. Overall, the experience was acceptable but I doubt I'll be going back anytime soon.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014I/we were very disappointed during our recent visit to Due Amici. The service was slow. It took almost 45 min for us to get our food. The servings were small, at best. We all ordered the pasta from the Brunch menu and were told they did not serve bread with the meal for the Brunch menu. I/we will not return, at least during the weekend when they only have a Brunch menu. When I was still working down town I visited the establishment on several occasions. Not sure what happened.
- Bad gambleDontgetoutmuchDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and daughters (3 and 7) there for Mother's Day brunch. They were busy but there wasn't a line of people put the door. We expected brunch to take a while but from the time we ordered to finally receiving food it was an hour and 10 mins. We both ordered a brunch cocktail and the mimosa came out immediately but they forgot to make the bloody Mary that they claim to be famous for. They did have a station with someone doing nothing but making these drinks... Once we did receive the food it was marginal. The flavor and presentation was forgettable. Our server did nothing to reassure us that we would get food someday. No manager ever came around to check on patrons. My impression is that it is poorly run and they had 1 person cooking
- Mother's Day BrunchFamilydinersDined on 5/11/2014We were seated pretty promptly for our 12:30 Mother's Day reservation. We sat inside, but the doors to the outdoor dining were open, and it was wonderful! We had the comfort of indoor dining, but felt like we were dining outdoors. Service was spot-on, and very attentive. Food took over an hour to reach our table, but it was fine, as we were engaged in great conversation with our 20 something sons! We enjoyed our time together, the ambiance and the service. We all thought our food could have been better, but my husband and I will plan to return in the future for dinner.Special Features:
- Totally disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom there for brunch on Mother's day and it was a total disappointment. I realize it was a holiday and it was crowded but we waited for more than 35 minutes for our server to take our lunch order after we were served our drinks. There were no apologies or recognition that it was an absurd amount of time to wait. Once our food did arrive after another 40 minutes, it was not very good. We had the special which was a quiche and their eggs Due. Both were a disappointment. The quiche looked like it had been frozen and come from the grocery store- it wasn't at all special or even tasted good. Same with the eggs due. I've had good experiences for dinner previously but will not be back for brunch.Special Features:
- First Time To Columbusnholmes9Dined on 5/9/2014This was our first time to Columbus, in town for a two day end of the week convention. We were staying a few blocks down the street but didn't want to be confined to the hotel restaurant. Took a chance on a nice looking website that had the dinner menu posted, went for a nice walk, and we were not disappointed! Great little restaurant and bar, with outdoor seating (if you like that). It was moderately priced, great atmosphere and a good variety of Italian and American menu offerings. Will definitely keep it on the list if our travels bring us back to Columbus, which I really hope they do.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014Great dinner with staff from the office. Everyone loved their choices.Special Features:
- Not for brunchDowntownerDined on 5/3/2014Have been to Due Amici for dinner and enjoyed it, but didn't think their brunch items were very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchChefjimDined on 4/27/2014Our party of 3 dined on sunday 4/27 at noon, the food was outstanding and service just the same. The bloody mary's were nice and spicy and the home made limoncello is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAbrunelliDined on 4/25/2014Great food, service & atmosphere! My husband & I split 3 courses & each were perfect! Our food was brought to us very quickly & we had a lovely server!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchExhaustedClericDined on 4/20/2014We had the best seats in the house! Great service and fantastic food followed. Our server was very attentive and helpful. Everyone loved their meals. Eggs, salmon, and lasagna were the choices. The pasta was a bit pricey, but my son said it was excellent. My bloody mary didn't disappoint. It was a lovely meal and a relaxing, wonderful way to celebrate the holiday after all the busyness of Holy Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.