67 E Gay Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.due-amici.com/
- Phone: (614) 224-9373
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- The bar stays open 1 hour later than the dining room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mike Black
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer an exciting cuisine with exceptional service. Menu options are extensive, as well as customizable. We are able to accommodate both small and large parties, and if necessary, we will take care of all the details. Please contact Lexie Gantzer at 614-638-6884 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: In Privato, you can enjoy exceptional Italian cuisine with smart, contemporary style in downtown Columbus. Our simple, but modern private room is easily transformed into any type of event. The uncomplicated decor and urban environment will invite you in, whether you are conducting a business dinner, celebrating a birthday or enjoying a company holiday party. Hardwood floors, exposed brick and low-lighting all accent our distinct and unique event space. The private room can accommodate up to 60 people for a seated function and up to 80 people for a reception style event. We also offer our dining room as a private option for larger events and as a semi-private option when the private room is already reserved. We provide a variety of seasonal appetizer and menu options to choose from. Also included in the room is a separate audio-visual system, complete with a DJ board, microphone, DVD player and projector. Please contact Lexie Gantzer for guidelines and current package options.
- Private Party Contact: Lexie Gantzer 6146386884x
- Entertainment: Live jazz every Monday night starting at 6pm.
- Special Events: Bloody Mary Brunch - Saturdays & Sundays 11am-4pm
1 brunch item + 1 brunch cocktail = $15
Happy Hour - Monday-Friday 4-7pm
2 for 1 pizzas & appetizers
Available in bar area only
Uncorked - Monday nights
1/2 off bottles of wine & champagne
live jazz at 6pm
Text DUEAMICI 465637 to receive updates on special events & promotions.
- Cross Street: 3rd and High
- Public Transit: Please visit www.cota.com for bus times and routes.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available Monday through Saturday starting at 5pm for $5. Parking options include, but are not limited to, metered parking on the street, a pay lot across the street from the restaurant and 2 parking garages located one block north on Long St.
A word from Due Amici
Enjoy Italian cuisine with smart, contemporary style in downtown Columbus. The atmosphere of fine dining comes at an affordable price. Whether you lounge on the leather chairs, sit at the engaging community table or pull up a stool to the bar, you and your guests can enjoy our unique bar and lounge atmosphere. Accompany any of our appetizers with one of our house-infused vodkas. Relax and enjoy our comfy chairs while you dine on our unique seasonal offerings in our intimate dining room. Privato, our simple but modern private room is easily transformed into any type of private event. Our uncomplicated decor and urban atmosphere will invite you in, whether you are having a business meeting or a gathering with old friends. Hardwood floors, exposed brick and low-lighting all accent our distinctive and unique restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Amici reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (29)romantic (28)notable wine list (22)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (14)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Excellent service, not crowded, amazing food. I was so impressed and will definitely be back. Had a great price range. Wonderful date night placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaaDined on 11/9/2014Jacob was amazing and took great care of our group! We celebrated 2 birthdays at brunch. The bloody mary cart is wonderful and the food was great!Special Features:
- FoodBenjaminDined on 11/8/2014I was there Saturday night 11/08. The waiter talked up the "special" that night like it was a gem. It was terrible. The sauce was black and the noodles were rubber. The waiter told me it was delicious, but at the end of the meal he told me he never had it before. The bill was $120 including tip. I had the black tar looking meal and my girlfriend had chicken parm which WAS delicious(I had some since I didnt finish my meal). We topped the night off with dessert and an alcoholic drink each. Even though the waiter lied to me, I still tipped 20% because he was consistent with checking up on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/4/2014Pizza was not cooked enough, salad very ordinary, chicken marsalla should be a chicken breast not with drumstick attached, greens tasted burntSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Server was slow, took a long time to order our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best food for the moneyPhotogalDined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere was very nice. The service was amazing. Great wine list. The food on the other hand was not that great. I'm glad I tried it, I won't go back again.Special Features:
- Sonnet130Gourmand5Dined on 10/19/2014Food was fine, though a bit overpriced. Atmosphere was great -- I'm a sucker for brick walls and exposed beams and piping. Though it was too cold to dine outside when I visited, it looks like a cool place when the weather cooperates. However, though our waiter was friendly and agreeable, service was slower than it should be for what one pays. I had to ask for bread, for my pre-entree soup, and for the check. Whether or not the waiter was too stretched (it didn't seem like it, esp. on a Sunday evening) or the kitchen was slow, that was very disappointing.Special Features:
- OKFrequentDinerDined on 10/19/2014Brunch is not their forte. Stick to Italian dinners which are much better. Wait person asked "how ya doin?" twice before food arrived. What's that about? General health?Special Features:
- No Need to Return2112Dined on 10/18/2014We went for dinner prior to the theatre based on a promotion for a drawing for free tickets to next season. No one ever explained how that worked. We each ordered different soups (tomato basil and squash). Both of the soups were good. We shared the special salad, which lacked dressing and most of the good stuff (goat cheese, cashews.) I ordered chicken parmesan and my wife ordered a margarita pizza. Her pizza was mostly dough with little cheese. My chicken was overly breaded and neither it nor the pasta had much sauce at all. Overall, not a good experience.
- Nice night outBfetchDined on 10/18/2014This place was very nice and had very good services. But it is over prices. 15 dollars for a personal pan pizza, and 20 for a hand full of pasta and meatballs. I would probably not go here again, and let my dollar go father someplace else.Special Features:
- HattieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Eggs Benedict on focaccia was wonderful! Sausage gravy and biscuit needed more gravy and the biscuit was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due Amici-great for all occasions.gourmetguyDined on 9/27/2014This is a gem of a restaurant with consistent excellent food and great service. It is our favorite before-ballet restaurant, but is good for all sorts of occasions. I recommend it without reservation.Special Features:
- good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The eggs benedict was good. The bloody mary cart was nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great drinks.StephenDined on 9/26/2014Really enjoy coming here. Brought a group for my girlfriends birthday. Love the huge wine selection, and the grilled salmon was excellent. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessEventDined on 9/23/2014For our event, service, food and table were all outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing service, delicious foodBrooksDined on 9/13/2014I've frequented Due Amici in the past, and they never fail to impress. Joshua our server was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Ambience!cornell1VIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a great, romantic restaurant with a real urban vibe. It's quite loud, but it's what you'd expect in this type of establishment. The service was quick and super-friendly. It's definitely pricey, but, again, it's what you'd expect from a city restaurant. I'll definitely return when I have a special occassion to celebrate. Check it out if you love a vibrant scene! (But be prepared to lip-read!) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a date night.commonmanDined on 9/12/2014We got the calamari for an appetizer and was very good. I had the veal which was very good and cook perfectly. The prosciutto mash potatoes were under seasoned but good.Special Features:
- Great experienceJoeDVIPDined on 9/7/2014I visited this location for the 3rd time - and as always we had a great experience. Food and service was fantastic. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character. Great food. A bit priceyJoeyDined on 9/2/2014This is the third time we have been to Due Amici's. Its a "special occasion" restaurant although if I lived downtown I could see us going there more often. We normally go later in the evening but this time we met our daughter for dinner right after work so the crowd had not yet arrived. We pretty much had the waiter all to ourselves. We received great service. The food was excellent. The old brick building with brick walls and extremely high ceilings provides lots of character and charm. They make an excellent gin martini. We have never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, hit or miss foodhhill1Dined on 8/28/2014From the moment that Catherine (sp.?) seated us, we knew that we would be well taken care of. It was a beautiful but warm early evening, so she suggested sitting at a corner table inside by a window instead of outside--it was perfect. Joshua soon relieved any lingering concerns we may have had about slow service (from reading other reviews). He was always at our table when we needed him and invisible otherwise--attentive but never hovering. My white cioppino was excellent, with perfectly cooked fish and mussels. The calamari were tasty but limp. My wife's soup was not particularly flavorful, but her mussels (cooked in ouzo???) were a disappointment. We will come back, but make better choices next time.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our evenings hereFJMoriccaDined on 8/15/2014There are a lot of places to get a good meal in Columbus. Due Amici is one of the better ones. Every time we are there we leave really pleased. It doesn't matter if it is just the two of us or a large group, the meal is always very good. Great wine selection, GF choices for my wife and a cool vibe.Special Features:
- Best meal ever at Due.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Eggplant special was outstanding. Great waitress. Great bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Great under pressure!McKMcKDined on 8/13/2014We went for dinner before the Steely Dann concert, and so did everybody else in the restaurant! They went from almost empty, to fully seated in a matter of minutes, which is very difficult for the servers and kitchen staff of any place to handle. Our server was great, and since we allowed plenty of time, we had no worries. Our dinners were good
- Good Business Lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Had an interview and they placed us towards the back and gave us peace and quite yet checked in on us as needed. Food was good. Olive oil is excellent.Special Features:
- Tomatoe Bisque SoupEmersonVIPDined on 8/1/2014All of our food choices pleased our palates, but for me, it is the classic tomato soup with basil oil that draws me back to Due Amici. I grew up no caring for tomato soup; that changed the first time I had Due Amici's tomato soup; almost a tomato bisque. This evening's dining was topped by meeting new friends seated at the table adjacent to ours. We admired their food selections, then our friendship warmed as our conversation continued throughout the evening.Special Features:
- The following 911 reviews are from the Due Amici reviews archive.
- Another great mealBruceDined on 7/24/2014Took two freinds from Germany. We had salmon, chicken saltimbuca and Carbonara. All we perfectly cooked. Service was good and a smart bartender. Only minor complaint was the server had no knowledge of the bar history but she was very nice about it and ovrall very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014service is great and so is the food. outdoor and in door ambience is super and their specials are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decent customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My food was delicious but I was disappointed by my waiter. I didn't finish my meal and looked forward to taking it home but my waiter took my plate and threw my leftovers out rather than boxing them up. Then when she was asked about it her response was "did you ask for a box?" Other than that I loved the atmosphere. Some of the pasta dishes are on the smaller side portion wise but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBR62507Dined on 6/8/2014Great food. Fast service. Recommend for business guests and functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Attitude turn off.HungryBuckeyeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Disappointed by server who argued over the taste of 2 dirty martinis. She had a bad attitude. Next rather than apologize and fix a problem, she tried to make our friends feel like it was their fault. When we pointed out a filthy glass was used to for a cocktail, rather than apologize again she acted put out. It was so bad we left and went to Tony's Italian Restaurant, where he had an amazing meal and great service.
- Always GreatMiamiConciergeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food is always fresh and well-prepared, interesting, yet uncomplicated. I think everyone should always start at the bar, where bartender Tim is the ultimate host. The dining room is great, and the patio is good for people-watching. Casually upscale environment--not too hip, not stuffy. We've always been happy here--brunch, birthdays, group events, dinner.Special Features:
- Great Place for Group LunchesDavis5470Dined on 6/6/2014Recently visited Due Amici for a celebratory group lunch. The staff as very accommodating to our needs. Additionally, the restaurant has an excellent layout for hosting large parties. As always the menu was great. They had a wonderful strawberry gazpacho soup that was incredibly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodDaveVIPDined on 5/31/2014We really enjoyed the overall experience of eating at this restaurant. We had the Lasagna and it was probably the best I've ever had. The bread, salad, wine and coffee were also very good.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Show SpotWilsopepperDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated our anniversary here, followed by a performance at CATCO. We were seated promptly and our server asked if we were seeing a show afterwards so that she could make sure we left in plenty of time. The food and atmosphere were great and the location to the theater was very convenient. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope to be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did we wait so long?!ReviewloverVIPDined on 5/29/20141st time diners- why did we wait so long? Due Amici has been open for ten years and boy have we been missing out! The veal meatballs are a must as an app! The meat plate was yummy. Next time we'll order the cheese too! Nice selection of wines by the glass. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent, System crashDiningOutIsSpecialDined on 5/29/2014our visit was marred by the settling of the check. the credit card system crashed and we left with a written receipt. the staff then billed my card twice and i called to settle the account, which was taken care of within 24 hours. Too bad that the ending overshadowed an otherwise good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, not impressedSuburbanmomDined on 5/23/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. It definitely had the atmosphere to make it a notable hotspot. Several large groups were in the restaurant and this may have affected the poor service we received. We waited at the table for over 20 minutes with just water and olive oil… No drinks or bread. No apologies were given and the food was mediocre. Although the bread was hot and fabulous, and the atmosphere was everything I had expected, this is not a place I will visit again.Special Features:
- Very SatisfiedEdboDined on 5/21/2014First time here was a weeknight before a show at Ohio Theatre. We allowed two hour before show just to be safe. Would recommend that amount of time before a show...regardless of restaurant. Not overly crowded so everything went well from a timing standpoint. A couple minor glitches, but the server remedied immediately. Food was very good. Able to come up with a mixture of food that satisfied our light appetites.
- Pre theater dinnerOutOfTownerDined on 5/21/2014I used Open Table for the first time to make a reservation for an early dinner before a show at the Ohio Theater. It was a fine spring afternoon so we ate outside. I had insalata mista, roasted red pepper bisque, sage & sausage pizza. Salad was wilted and overdressed. The bisque had very good flavor and not heavy. On the pizza the tomato sauce and sage went missing. The sausage and cheese were over-applied so the plate was full of oil. I didn't complain because it was just pizza and I was looking forward to the show, but the waiter noticed the oil in the plate and took it off the check. Not great, but overall it was not bad pre-theater fare and I'd try them again maybe not so early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.